Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 (17411 Views)

How Obanikoro, Others Airlifted N1.2bn Cash For Fayose – Bank Official / CBN Restricts Forex Reserves Statistics To Sept. 17, 2015 / Governor Fayose’s Bank Account Frozen Because It Contained ₦1.2billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by benedictnsi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
By Rotimi Ojomoyela

Ado-Ekiti- The Federal High Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti on Monday, failed to order the unfreezing of two accounts belonging and operated by Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State with Zenith Bank, adjourning hearing in the case involving the governor and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC till September 30, 2016.
File: Ekiti state Governor Mr Ayodele Fayose.File: Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose.

Justice Taiwo Taiwo adjourned the case till September 30 on the request of Fayose’s counsel, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who sought for adjournment to be able to respond to issues raised by the EFCC in its reply to a motion on notice dated 23rd June, 2016 wherein the applicant sought an order lifting the restriction placed on Fayose’s accounts with Zenith bank .

The EFCC’s counter position was supported with 10-paragraph affidavits and a lone exhibit by the EFCC counsel, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo.

Oyedepo argued further that the EFCC had on the 29th of June received an order of the court directing the commission to appear and show cause why a mandatory order being craved by Fayose should not be granted to unfreeze the two accounts already restricted with the bank.

This was supported with 10-paragraph affidavit and nine exhibits marked EFCC 01 to 09, adding that the plaintiff and the 2nd respondent had been duly served.

The Court had on June 28 ordered the EFCC to appear before it and show cause why Fayose’s restricted accounts in Zenith bank should not be lifted.

Fayose had in an ex parte motion deposed to by Bimpe Olatemiju prayed the court to grant a mandatory order lifting the ban placed on the said accounts, describing the EFCC’s action as an infraction and brazen infringement on absolute immunity conferred on Fayose by Section 308 of the 1999 constitution.

While opening his defence at Monday’s proceeding, Oyedepo said : “We received the order of the court on the 29th of June, 2016 at our office in Lagos directing us to appear before your lordship for freezing of the accounts of the applicant in the custody of the 2nd respondent .

“We have complied with your order as a law abiding agency by filing all necessary papers and the plaintiff and the second respondent have been duly served”, he said.

Ozekhome, who confirmed the service of the papers, pointed out that he was served three minutes to the start of the hearing, which he said had foreclosed his readiness to argue the case on point of law.

“My lord, I was served three minutes to the start of today’s hearing . But glancing through this bulky document, virtually all the issues raised were issues we never touched upon.

“We don’t want to be caught by the cul de sac of the Supreme Court’s averment that evidence not denied are deemed admitted, because it is a trite law.

“It is only reasonable and proper that we have given the opportunity to traverse everything they have raised and argue and with this, they have foisted an adjournment on us”, he said.

Adjourning the suit till September 30, 2016, Justice Taiwo assured that all the pending applications and the substantive suit will be
taken together expeditiously.

The Judge, who broke the news of his vacation, which he said will make it difficult for short adjournment , suggested to the parties that the matter could be transferred to a vacation Judge in Abuja and Port Harcourt to handle, if the adjourned date seems afar, which the plaintiff’s lawyer had vehemently rejected.

Ozekhome said: “My lord, the vacation Judge may find it difficult to understand the background of the issue. You are aware of everything and we are not in a hurry. We will wait till you come back”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fayoses-bank-account-remains-frozen-as-court-adjourns-to-sept-30/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by benedictnsi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
This government....... They've really gotten Fayose....

And they want to pinish him kwamflitly sheeegee!!!

10 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by fexti: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
very good

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Baawaa(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Fayose,you don enter one chance

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
So no funds for Mr. Ayodele Fayose till September 30.

Amazing action by the Ado Ekiti court.

"Ozekhome, who confirmed the service of the papers, pointed out that he was served three minutes to the start of the hearing, which he said had foreclosed his readiness to argue the case on point of law." ...but its just 10 paragraphs.

Fayose's lawyer sef cry

10 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by adekolaelect(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Fayose can u see urself but dat is none of my business have u paid workers' salary?? If nt poeple will cause u Heen bcs any word no go enter hunger person's hire oooooo

1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
1.2billions
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Seuncoded(f): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
please oh guys My question is that are they going to calculate just five subject or the whole 9 subject

The next point grades fall into the O’level grades. Each grades has it’s equivalent point, A=6 marks, B=4 marks, C=3 marks, so the better your grades the better your chances.
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Spells(m): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Shit happens
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by brunofarad(m): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
No matter what comes out of this....

FAYOSE iS STILL ONE BRAVE MAN THAT STOOD OUT AGAINST THE TYRANNY OF HIS TIME.

COURAGE DEFINES A MAN

6 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
That's a day after my birthday, can't stop laughing, the judge shouldn't spoil my celebration by unfreezing it. Anyways, I don't see the judge unfreezing the account till 2018. At least Fayose will keep mute for the main time.

25 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by wowmenow: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Am planning to send 50% of my earning for this month to fayose
The greatest governor in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Taiyescott(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
dix is Injustice!

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Zidane199(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Stomach infrastructure done enta wahala. Dont know y, anybody that tackle APC or buhari must have issue with EFCC.
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by gen2briz(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by CXLVII: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
[size=14pt]Dancing Fuji to African Queen by TuFace Idibia

Fayose will see fire and call it snow

#NeverDisrespectYourElders #TheyCanMakeYouOrBreakYou
[/size]

24 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by wowmenow: 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
The judge will always be a Yoruba man to embarrass a Yoruba governor
While the northerner will always protect themselves

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Adesiji77: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
These lawyers sef... cool
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by CXLVII: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
wowmenow:
The judge will always be a Yoruba man to embarrass a Yoruba governor
While the northerner will always protect themselves

[size=13pt]
Re You Hungry?
[/size]

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Leoswaggs(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Buhari wan turn dis ma man into an unfortunate fellow.
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by CXLVII: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Choose the most appropriate option

A) Tout
B) Thug
C) Street Urchin
D) Motor-Park Hoodlum
E) Drug Addict

22 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Mc4larin: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
CXLVII:

[size=13pt] Re You Hungry?[/size]

i
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by rrhostomy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like the judge. He wan use styl dodge the case buh dem drag am back. Lol

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by olatunjihaq: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
I think Home Economics.. ....he LOves food.. ...FFO grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Elobyte: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ayo fayose when Biafra is restored,u pls com down to Biafran land because ur people,i mean d yurobas ar all sale out o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by AntiWailer: 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kilodeeeeeeee

September 30 ke.

Is the Judge travelling to Mecca ?

Smart Mike.

The longer the case the more the money. He actually asked for an adjournment grin grin

I see him telling Fayose.

"Your excellency your bill is 120million naira. that is just one tenth of what u stole. The evidence is damning"

grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by AntiWailer: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
CXLVII:

A) Tout
B) Thug
C) Street Urchin
D) Motor-Park Hoodlum
E) Drug Addict

None of the above.

He is a polytechnic drop out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by tolayemi: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
CXLVII:

A) Tout
B) Thug
C) Street Urchin
D) Motor-Park Hoodlum
E) Drug Addict
all of the above

17 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by Taryur3(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
Gbese...re o...how I wish Mimiko should be in this kind of trouble too...I love FAYOSE though...

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by CXLVII: 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
tolayemi:
all of the above

How many times did you write WAEC/JAMB? grin grin grin

I asked a simple question and you still choose an option that is not included in the least.

You need to contact me so I can start coaching you for ICAN

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by eleko1: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Fayose’s Bank Account Remains Frozen, As Court Adjourns To Sept 30 by tonguengineer(m): 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bolustic:
That's a day after my birthday, can't stop laughing, the judge shouldn't spoil my celebration by unfreezing it. Anyways, I don't see the judge unfreezing the account till 2018. At least Fayose will keep mute for the main time.
So has he been mute ever since his account has been frozen
The man is the only brave man of our time that speaks against the dullard tyranny and giving them nightmare since 27 BC

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Muiz Banire, As Iyiola Omisore Returns N350million / Photos From A Wedding That Took Place At An IDP Camp In Adamawa / Tompolo: Emami Ayiri Is Lying Against Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.