Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court (17443 Views)

Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Fiancée In UK / South African Lady Who Escaped Abusive Boyfriend, Murdered / 45-Year-Old Man Impregnates Primary School Girl, Says She's His Lover & Fiancée (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by dre11(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2016
A businessman, Uchechukwu Orji, yesterday told a Lagos High Court in Igbosere, that his fiancée, simply called ‘Ijeoma’, was allegedly murdered by her ex boyfriend, Ifeanyi Christian.

Orji, who testified yesterday as the second prosecution witness in Christian’s trial before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo, said Ijeoma, 26, was declared missing on January 12, 2013, but was found dead four days later.

Christian, an apprentice spare parts trader at ASPAMDA, Trade Fair Complex, Ojo, Lagos is being prosecuted by the state for Ijeoma’s death.

Led in evidence by State Counsel, Mrs A. A. Saromi, Orji said he was formally engaged to the deceased, who was a food vendor, and that they had made plans to get married.

He said Ijeoma travelled to her home town in the east in December 2012, for the Christmas and New Year celebrations but visited him at his home in the Ojo area of Lagos, on her return on Friday, January 11, 2013.

The witness testified that while they were discussing in his room, the deceased’s phone kept ringing but she ignored it and when he asked her who it was, “she said the caller was just a friend.”

He said he insisted on knowing who it was and she eventually told him the caller was her ex boyfriend, Ifeanyi Christian, who was trying to renew their relationship.

She also told him, the witness added, that Christian wanted her to come over to his house, but that he forbade her.

Orji said he saw the deceased off to where she boarded a motorbike to her neighbourhood in Agboju, Ojo Local Government Area. He phoned her when she got to Alakija Bus Stop, near her home and also spoke to her elder sister, who she ran into at the bus stop.

The witness said the following day, a Saturday, he called her number from about 4pm till about 7pm but there was no response. He decided to give her some time because he thought she was probably attending to customers at her shop.

“At about 10pm, when I called her line again and didn’t get any response, I became very worried. I then called Ijeoma’s sister who told me that she was probably busy at work. The sister called me back to tell me that she had checked and couldn’t find her sister. We started searching for her that night and continued the search on Sunday morning to no avail,” he said.

Orji said the next day the deceased’s friend named Joy, told him she met Ijeoma the day before while the deceased was on her way to return a bottle of acid which the defendant kept in her possession. Joy also told him that the defendant worked at a shop at ASPAMDA at the Trade Fair Complex, Ojo.

“On Monday, I went straight to the place where she directed me and I met an elderly man, who told me to check Ifeanyi in the shop, but Ifeanyi wasn’t there. So, I went back to the man, and he gave me a seat and asked me to wait for Ifeanyi.

He said the defendant was his apprentice and asked me if there was a problem and I said yes, there was a murder case,” the witness stated.

Orji said when the defendant showed up at the market and was questioned about the deceased, he fled but was arrested by security officials at the complex and taken to FESTAC Police Station.

He added that defendant later told them that Ijeoma was dead.

Justice Taiwo adjourned the case till October 24, for continuation of trial and possible cross examination by defence counsel, Mr. T. A. Jiakpona.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-boyfriend-murdered-fiancee-businessman-tells-court/
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2016
How did the fiancé know the girl is dead and told the ex, before the ex then said that she is dead ?

Why would the ex, kill a former lover he was trying to get back with ?

Naturally, a fiancé must be jealous if someone calls his fiancee and if the fiancee mentions that it is the ex trying to reconcile. So, does it mean that this fiancé let it sleep and didn't pick a quarrel with the late fiancee ?

Ex boyfriend had no motive, but the fiancé has a motive. That is my submission, but I could be wrong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by cornoil(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2016
This source actually didn't give the full or past events clearly, her corpse was discovered in a canal at the back of a particular hotel in festac area, after proper investigation the police discovered the corpse was secretly disposed by the hotel manager into the canal out of fear. The hotel manager later identified the Exboyfriend as the one who came to book a room in the hotel and the deceased as his guest, but later sneeked out of the hotel.
A friend of the deceased alleged that she saw her and the Exboyfriend together close to the hotel and she was curious because the Exboyfriend had been threatening because he had spent a lot on the deceased.
BiafranNigerian:
How did the fiancé know the girl is dead and told the ex, before the ex then said that she is dead ?

Naturally, a fiancé must be jealous if someone calls his fiancee and if the fiancee mentions that it is the ex trying to reconcile. So, does it mean that this fiancé let it sleep and didn't pick a quarrel with the late fiancee ?

Ex boyfriend had no motive, but the fiancé has a motive. That is my submission, but I could be wrong.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
cornoil:
This source actually didn't give the full or past events clearly, her corpse was discovered in a canal at the back of a particular hotel in festac area, after proper investigation the police discovered the corpse was secretly disposed by the hotel manager into the canal out of fear. The hotel manager later identified the Exboyfriend as the one who came to book a room in the hotel and the deceased as his guest, but later sneeked out of the hotel.
Wow Wow Wow. An under-developed human mind is at par with that of a beast.

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by optional1(f): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2016
another crime again shuooo...
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Femich18(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Nawa o...Name checkers have got lot of jobs today o and its even public Holiday

2 Likes

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 05, 2016
The Question is : How did she died?!

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by brainpulse: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Name checked
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2016
We Muslims as we never see moon na to continue our fast till kwashiokor gives us figure 8.

Una no know when person dy joke and when him serious, I no say I need likes before u na go soak me inside trouble .
I just need our Christian brothers dem prayer to help me beg the moon make him show mercy comot. I no bargain for this flat tummy at all.

#bringbackthemoon

11 Likes

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Mopolchi: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2016
This love matter tire me.
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by ThePeacemaker(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2016
When the igbo name checkers check the Names

They be like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by EOOJ(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by ayusco85(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
End time ex bf. Ladies shld be careful who they date. Some guys need help not love

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by NifemiOlu(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Eeyah
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by BerryScott(f): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2016
nawa ooo
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Betheluponi(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Chai
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Buking1: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Justic all we need here is justice
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Vendoor(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

Very Good analysis
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Okay
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by seunlayi(m): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2016
The world is cruel, you killed her and know shifting attention to someone that had forgotten that he once chop ponmo. God sees you

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Sijo01(f): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2016
After 3 years, the case was still adjourned? Smh at Nigeria judicial system.

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by hamzeiy: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

. no wonder all you know is war war war..if this is what you can deduce from the above story then am forced to say your level of deductive intelligence is zero.

3 Likes

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by goodforsomthing: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2016
The ex-boy friend and the fiancee should be investigated,the current fiancee might comit the crime to frame the other guy up and it might also be vice versa. Naijabet man say so

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Garnsh18: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Is really painful. RIP. Please guys love is not by force, if a guy or lady does not love you is not a matter of life and death. This is sad,
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Godisking2(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2016
who will I believe now

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by SweetBanana: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2016
cornoil:
Thanx
for reminding us.
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2016
How did the fiancee know that there was a murder case when the victim was still being searched for ?

Nawa o..

1 Like

Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by anethcharly(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2016
modelmike7:
The Question is : How did she died?!

Mr Man Open ur ear and your Brain...........
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by emyryx(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2016
evil people do
Re: ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court by driand(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
This case requires extreme intelligence

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help: My Brother Is Missing - Abuja / I Murdered My Father For Scolding Me ─ Son / Gunmen Kidnap 25 CAC Members In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.