Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers (7145 Views)

Call Us For Your Truck Parts And Any Kind Of Repair / Third Party Insurance. What Does It Cover? / Important Of 3rd Party Insurance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2016
A trailer with a 3rd party insurance drove over my wife's car. Which may necessitate total replacement. Pls what is the extent of repair or replacement that a 3rd party insurance can cover.

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2016
mention the insurance company, make some more noise, hope you get to front page, insurance company will replace ya motor to save face.

You can also take the case to naicom if they do not respond.

Car can be fixed, they bring in cars worse than this as toks and repair them, not in your best interest to fix it though.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by kingreign(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
mention the insurance company, make some more noise, hope you get to front page, insurance company will replace ya motor to save face.

You can also take the case to naicom if they do not respond.

Car can be fixed, they bring in cars worse than this as toks and repair them, not in your best interest to fix it though.

True boss, you're right.
Op make plenty noise, mention the insurance company name.

lalasticlala, mynd44 et al.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Tobiizzy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
There is a limit on any 3rd party insurance policy, the trailer driver would have to bear the excess.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tobiizzy:
There is a limit on any 3rd party insurance policy, the trailer driver would have to bear the excess.

You Dont mean it?
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by veekid(m): 6:42am On Jul 06, 2016
3rd party insurance get limit oooo; but I don't know to which extent sha
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by tsamson(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2016
cool
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by micklplus(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2016
1m is the limit.

If the cost of repair exceeds 1m, the driver or the owner of the truck bears the cost.

Hope the 3rd party insurance on that truck is valid oo else, gbese.

Confirm the authenticity of the 3rd party insurance policy in the truck here.

http://www.askniid.org/checkpolicy.aspx.

All the best

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Halen(f): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Just hope it's a valid third party not VIO. The limit is 500k for third party liability

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
It would completely cover the Third party which is your wife's car. We hope its a genuine insurance company... Please mention the company, to see its genuine .
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
Halen:
Just hope it's a valid third party not VIO. The limit is 500k for third party liability

Not true ma !!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2016
.When your birthday falls on the day the Muslims end their fasting, the first day in the month of Shawwāl( شَوّال )You know you will surely have a prosperous year.

Happy Birthday to me
©Peace Olaleye (Abdulsalam)

Rams will be slaughtered, yes, cakes will be baked.....send in your birthday wishes if you wanna have a bite.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2016
micklplus:
1m is the limit.

If the cost of repair exceeds 1m, the driver or the owner of the truck bears the cost

Not true. Sir...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2016
@bugativeron, you can call me for professional advice. Willing to advise at no cost ...08087957518.
bugativeron:
A trailer with a 3rd party insurance drove over my wife's car. Which may necessitate total replacement. Pls what is the extent of repair or replacement that a 3rd party insurance can cover.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by MrTeymee(m): 6:54am On Jul 06, 2016
kk
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by micklplus(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:

Not true. Sir...

My example is Custodian, what's yours?
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Manlado: 6:58am On Jul 06, 2016
3rd party insurance cover liability on another person which you are responsible for.
If Vehicle hit you and does not have insurance, your 3rd party is not useful.
But if the owner have a valid 3rd party insurance then repair can be made to the limit. It's statute bar.
Most people don't make claim on 3rd party for their liability.
Go with him to the insurer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 06, 2016
Rather unfortunate you were shot changed.

AxaMansard continues to lead the pack/park

micklplus:

My example is Custodian, what's yours?
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by beey2(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:
Rather unfortunate you were shot changed.

AxaMansard continues to lead the pack/park

What is the limit of liability or is there none?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by LeBlack: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2016
Hope this helps.

Third-Party Car Insurance Vs Comprehensive Car Insurance.

bugativeron:
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Read your policy document!!!
beey2:

What is the limit of liability or is there none?
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Sisipeperempe(f): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2016
Now this is it, if it's the Lagos state 3rd party issued by VIO, bros ure on ur own o! Because no one will pay ur claims, but if it's from a reliable insurance company and its valid, for mutual benefit, the repair is maximum of 1m! I'm work there and I've paid claims.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Hurklan(m): 7:37am On Jul 06, 2016
3rd party covers damage to 3rd party's property, own damage and medical expenses.. So therefore, the driver is liable to pay for the damage caused to ur car....
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 7:38am On Jul 06, 2016
micklplus:
1m is the limit.

If the cost of repair exceeds 1m, the driver or the owner of the truck bears the cost.

Hope the 3rd party insurance on that truck is valid oo else, gbese.

Confirm the authenticity of the 3rd party insurance policy in the truck here.

http://www.askniid.org/checkpolicy.aspx.

All the best
Thanks
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by steffans(m): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2016
Anything insurance in Nigeria is a scam..
Let us know how it goes OP.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by iamyet: 7:39am On Jul 06, 2016
What about ur Wife's car insurance?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 7:40am On Jul 06, 2016
Halen:

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by mrsage(m): 7:40am On Jul 06, 2016
steffans:

You are wrong. Insurance in Nigeria is not a scam.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 7:46am On Jul 06, 2016
bugativeron:

I once had accident with one of my cars insured by zenith bank, I was given a driver and a car for 2weeks while they were processing my pay off, can I demand for such in this situation, though it was a comprehensive policy.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by bugativeron: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2016
steffans:

No it is not a scam, I have benefitted twice on insurance claims even up to millions pay back on my car by zenith insurance.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Halen(f): 7:53am On Jul 06, 2016
1acre:

Not true ma !!!

Well i think it depends on the insurance company. I know for bodily injury is unlimited but for properties is 500k
Re: What Is The Extent Of Repair That 3rd Party Insurance Covers by Yinkwamo(m): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Third party liability limit is 1 Million Naira. However, you can make your claim if and only if you have a genuine insurance certificate which is just 5000 for private car owners, 7500 for commercial vehicles and 10,000 for heavy duty vehicles like that Truck (Third party only). My guess is that the Truck is carrying a fake, VIO issued certificate. If that's the case, you may have to sell the truck to fix that car if the owner is speaking Spanish. If you have a comprehensive insurance policy for the damaged car, it will fix the damage provided the vehicle is not under insured. Get genuine insurance for your properties in your own interest to avoid stories that touch. There are a lot of genuine and responsive Insurance companies in Nigeria. If you don't want to be cheated or exploited, you can buy your insurance through an Insurance Broker at no extra cost. Good luck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? / 5 Simple Steps To Operate A Fire Extinguisher - FRSC / 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.