Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? (4776 Views)

Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / If Islam Will Not Prevail Against The Church Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by Ifeann(f): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
truthman2012:
Sulttan of Sokoto has postponed celebration of Ramadan salah till to tomorrow 6th July, 2016 for not being able to sight the Moon. Why do Muslims have to start and end Ramadan by sighting the Moon? Don't tell me the moon is for counting days (calendar), as you can count days without the moon.

thanks for posting this perhaps yazach,ypeace , empiree, rilwan and co can explain why the moon is so important to them.. the practice is not in the torah, tanak or new testament.. the pagan tribe of mohammed did this moon god nonsense and now muslims do it.. with the cresent moon and star on there mosques.. idol worship plain and simple..

1 Like

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by ifenes(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia since 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship as far back as 2000 BC.

In Mecca, there was a god named Hubal who was Lord of the Kabah.

This Hubal was a moon god. This moon god was also referred to as "al-ilah". This is not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic reference meaning "the god". Each local pagan Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah".

"al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Muhammad began promoting his new religion in 610 AD.

There is evidence that Hubal was referred to as "Allah".

When Muhammad came along, he dropped all references to the name "Hubal" but retained the generic "Allah".

Muhammad retained almost all the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the Kaba and redefined them in monotheistic terms.

Regardless of the specifics of the facts, it is clear that Islam is derived from paganism that once worshiped a moon-god.

Although Islam is today a monotheist religion, its roots are in paganism which is all about Astrology.

3 Likes

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by Okd1: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
Breaking news.... Niger delta avengers has blown up the moon... More news unfolding
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by peteregwu(m): 12:03am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

Thanks bro.

Ezekiel 8:15-16

15 He said to me, “Do you see this, son of man? You will see things that are even more detestable (abominable) than this.”

16 He then brought me into the inner court of the house of the Lord, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the altar, were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the Lord and their faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east.

Deuteronomy 4:19 ►

And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

The Bible has exposed what Islam is about, worship of the moon and sun god. Now I see the reason they have the Crescent moon and the star. Guys beware, Allah is not the true God that created the universe.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by peteregwu(m): 12:05am On Jul 06, 2016
quickly:

The anti christ will come from islam --maybe

No, the antichrist will not come from islam, the antichrist is someone who claim to be a Christian.....meaning it would come from Christianity as well. Islam is just a puppet of the antichrist.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by tayour917i(m): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:
If islamic Allah is the creator of the universe and wants Ramadan fast observed, one would expect him to bring out the moon at the beginning and bring it out again at exactly 30 days at the end, after all, he expects the fasting to last for 30 days. But the reality is, muslims are always disappointed and get agitated for sighting the moon. It shows Allah is not in control of the universe.
Sentiment apart... You see, you don't use your own level of thinking to rationalize what our creator (God/Allah) had designed perfectly... Many things are beyond human comprehension.. I just felt you should realize God cannot be questioned.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by Faremisodeeq(m): 1:15am On Jul 06, 2016
Op. AND PLEASE OP STOP THE INSULT YOU MAKE ON EVERY POST of YOUrs. It not good for matured person like you.
VIEWERS ADVISE: please what op pasted is his own point of view. Please try and use google to get fact. If your sticked to only comments here on nairaland. It will only poison ones mind. Let be more tolerant of each other. And let us seek informaton from experts in such field maybe in our campuses or environment.

1 Like

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by fayisode(m): 1:39am On Jul 06, 2016
peteregwu:

The Bible has exposed what Islam is about, worship of the moon and sun god. Now I see the reason they have the Crescent moon and the star. Guys beware, Allah is not the true God that created the universe.
if Allah is not the true creator na u abi. Wen who u now de worship na satan.u christian are just causing problem. Belief in your own worship and i too should do my. Why critizing others . I will advice you to go meet Allah sey no be him created de world
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by arcbay(m): 4:17am On Jul 06, 2016
I've been on my balcony all night till now but saw no moon o, one joke will later come up and say he saw the moon in sokoto. I don't know if his own sky is in HD and different from every other state.

BTW, I hope the moon keep playing tricks on them so FG should keep extending the break abeg.

1 Like

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by annunaki2(m): 6:16am On Jul 06, 2016
peteregwu:

No, the antichrist will not come from islam, the antichrist is someone who claim to be a Christian.....meaning it would come from Christianity as well. Islam is just a puppet of the antichrist.

Muslims already claim that the christian God is the same god they worship even though they deny him in several aspects and reject his manifestation as represented by his son.

Muslims deny the divinity of Christ, it is clear to me that islam is the anti christ.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2016
tayour917i:

Sentiment apart... You see, you don't use your own level of thinking to rationalize what our creator (God/Allah) had designed perfectly... Many things are beyond human comprehension.. I just felt you should realize God cannot be questioned.

Stop the insult friend, islamic Allah is not my creator. Allah is Satan disguising as God. If allah and Yahweh are the same, why can't you say "Yahweh Akbar"?

2 Likes

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Ifeann:

thanks for posting this perhaps yazach,ypeace , empiree, rilwan and co can explain why the moon is so important to them.. the practice is not in the torah, tanak or new testament.. the pagan tribe of mohammed did this moon god nonsense and now muslims do it.. with the cresent moon and star on there mosques.. idol worship plain and simple..

Thank you my sister, God bless you.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:07am On Jul 06, 2016
kyrios:
Muslims make use of the lunar calendar
so that's why they start fasting when the moon is sighted and also stop fasting when the moon is sighted

And why do they end fasting after the moon has disappointed them?
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2016
arcbay:
I've been on my balcony all night till now but saw no moon o, one joke will later come up and say he saw the moon in sokoto. I don't know if his own sky is in HD and different from every other state.

BTW, I hope the moon keep playing tricks on them so FG should keep extending the break abeg.

grin grin grin
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by ancientbanana: 7:10am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

dem go fast tire o. Moon fit no come show up till next year
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
Op. AND PLEASE OP STOP THE INSULT YOU MAKE ON EVERY POST of YOUrs. It not good for matured person like you.
VIEWERS ADVISE: please what op pasted is his own point of view. Please try and use google to get fact. If your sticked to only comments here on nairaland. It will only poison ones mind. Let be more tolerant of each other. And let us seek informaton from experts in such field maybe in our campuses or environment.

Telling you the truth is what you called an "insult"? So you like to be praised lying to you.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2016
ancientbanana:
dem go fast tire o. Moon dit no come show up till next year

grin grin grin
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by kyrios: 7:19am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

go and study the lunar circle well a lunar month is either 29 or 30 just go online and read articles about lunar circle
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2016
kyrios:
go and study the lunar circle well a lunar month is either 29 or 30 just go online and read articles about lunar circle

How many days have you fasted already?

Why did you stop fasting today after the moon has failed you? Why don't you continue fasting by following your lunar calendar?
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by kyrios: 7:38am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

How many days have you fasted already?

Why did you stop fasting today after the moon has failed you? Why don't you continue fasting by following your lunar calendar?
cause the was Gregorian calendar is so is lunar do you ask people why they fast during lent?
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
kyrios:
cause the was Gregorian calendar is so is lunar do you ask people why they fast during lent?

For your information, lent is not prescribed in the Bible and that is why many Christians, including me, don't observe it. Pentecostals don't observe it. I learnt it also has to do with moon, making it idolatry equally.

https://www.ewtn.com/library/Liturgy/zlitur119.htm
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

Telling you the truth is what you called an "insult"? So you like to be praised lying to you.

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by fayisode(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

Stop the insult friend, islamic Allah is not my creator. Allah is Satan disguising as God. If allah and Yahweh are the same, why can't you say "Yahweh Akbar"?
guys why u no dey fear... Watch your mouth.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by alfarouq(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2016
I realise most of the xtians here are challenging not because they want to know but because they are trying to mock but notewistanding I will try to clarify, the Islamic calculation which signify the beginning of a new month is d appearance of a new moon very tiny that its almost difficult to be seen with the naked eye and it lasts very little before it disappears. Every new day the size increases I.e the moon on second day is bigger than that of the first and smaller than that of the third day. It continues like that until it becomes a full moon on the 14 of every month, then it begins to wane. I.e the moon on the 15th day is smaller than that of 14 but bigger than that of 16, it continues to reduce and by the time it gets to around 27 of the month it would have waned completely and disappeared only for it to appear after the 29th to signify the beginning of a new month. If not sighted the month is then having 30 days and a month can't be more than 30 days. On the 30th of every month whether the moon is sighted or its been covered by cloud, a new month will be counted as first. Hope that answers your question

1 Like

Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2016
alfarouq:
I realise most of the xtians here are challenging not because they want to know but because they are trying to mock but notewistanding I will try to clarify, the Islamic calculation which signify the beginning of a new month is d appearance of a new moon very tiny that its almost difficult to be seen with the naked eye and it lasts very little before it disappears. Every new day the size increases I.e the moon on second day is bigger than that of the first and smaller than that of the third day. It continues like that until it becomes a full moon on the 14 of every month, then it begins to wane. I.e the moon on the 15th day is smaller than that of 14 but bigger than that of 16, it continues to reduce and by the time it gets to around 27 of the month it would have waned completely and disappeared only for it to appear after the 29th to signify the beginning of a new month. If not sighted the month is then having 30 days and a month can't be more than 30 days. On the 30th of every month whether the moon is sighted or its been covered by cloud, a new month will be counted as first. Hope that answers your question

Is it also for calendar you make moon and star the symbol of islam, knowing that moon is worshipped by pagans?
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by quickly: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
peteregwu:

Where was it mentioned that the anti Christ was going to be a christen
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by subtle009(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
Wow! religion apart, that people use astrological components and other features of life to make predictions and study things doesn't mean they worship them. It's plain common sense. It's hypocritical to think that way, when nature is the basis of all discoveries. Too bad, Black man thinking the black way
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
subtle009:
Wow! religion apart, that people use astrological components and other features of life to make predictions and study things doesn't mean they worship them. It's plain common sense. It's hypocritical to think that way, when nature is the basis of all discoveries. Too bad, Black man thinking the black way

That is divination my friend.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by subtle009(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
I wish this is worth arguing about, but its not. Its pure common sense. Mountains, Rivers, Oceans, Stars, Moon, valley, etc have always been associated with religion and way of life. Don't be shallow.
truthman2012:

That is divination my friend.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by subtle009(m): 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
The bible

Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. (psalm 19 vs 2)

Job 38:4, 7
4 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the Earth?
Tell Me if you have understanding.
7 When the morning stars (planets) sang together,
And all the sons of God (angels) shouted for Joy?"

Then God commanded, "Lights come into being in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night. They were for signs, for seasons, for days and years; (Genesis 1:14)

Jeremiah 31:35-36
35 Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the Sun for light by day,
And the laws of the Moon and the stars for light by night,
Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar;
The Lord of the Armies is His name:
36 "If these laws depart from before Me," declares the Lord,
"Then the descendants of Israel also shall cease
From being a nation before Me forever."

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, SEEK KNOWLEDGE
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by truthman2012(m): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
subtle009:
The bible

Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. (psalm 19 vs 2)

Job 38:4, 7
4 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the Earth?
Tell Me if you have understanding.
7 When the morning stars (planets) sang together,
And all the sons of God (angels) shouted for Joy?"

Then God commanded, "Lights come into being in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night. They were for signs, for seasons, for days and years; (Genesis 1:14)

Jeremiah 31:35-36
35 Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the Sun for light by day,
And the laws of the Moon and the stars for light by night,
Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar;
The Lord of the Armies is His name:
36 "If these laws depart from before Me," declares the Lord,
"Then the descendants of Israel also shall cease
From being a nation before Me forever."

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, SEEK KNOWLEDGE

How do all these teach you to consult God's creation for divination? Stop the trash and let's face the subject.
Re: If Islam Has Nothing To Do With Moon, Why Do Muslims Wait For It? by subtle009(m): 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
truthman2012:

How do all these teach you to consult God's creation for divination? Stop the trash and let's face the subject.
interesting! How does this not face the subject, those are verses to prove to you that sun, stars, moon etc are relevant. And that you determine things with them doesn't mean u worship them. The stars, sun, cloud, moon, etc. All have wat they translate to depending on there appearance and position. Or does it not occur to you there moments people do things depending on the weather change and positions of this components. Swallow some of your pride "Google search, " Biblical astrology" or ask any elderly man close to you about all this things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Shia And SUNNI Muslims / Islam And Polio Vaccine. / Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.