Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries (19273 Views)

Blogging For Newbies / Free Training !! On Blogging And Making Money.limited Time Offer !! / Article Writer:I Will Write Unique SEO Web Content For Your Blog/wesites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Still On...
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by sneakerblogger: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
jerryboiii:
Okay, i want to stat blog wich platform can i use as i am confused, pls
I wanted to start a blog about car which platform should I use either blogger or wordpress, also I want to ask this question how can I start a car blog in nigeria, pls I need every dime of ur advice, pls help me out,am so confused.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
sneakerblogger:
I wanted to start a blog about car which platform should I use either blogger or wordpress, also I want to ask this question how can I start a car blog in nigeria, pls I need every dime of ur advice, pls help me out,am so confused.

If we must say, you have chosen a very lucrative niche.

Diving not from your major question, Wordpress is your best bet. Talking of the flexibility and features, coupled with your niche, you just shouldn't avoid it (wordpress).

Now, how to start a blog is pretty simple.

DESIGN YOUR BLOG
If you don't know or you are not ready to learn your way around wordpress, though simple, you can hire a designer to get you blog done for you at a considerable fee.

CHOOSE A NICHE - Which You Already Did
The most successful auto industry blogs have a specific angle. You can choose to blog about anything and everything related to cars, but this can make it hard to draw in a loyal audience or compete with larger car blogs like motoring.com.au or cars.com. If you choose a certain brand of cars to write about, electric cars, or classic cars instead, you can refine your focus and make sure that your content is truly unique. This will make it easier to build your audience and eventually start making money using targeted advertising.

WRITE WITH YOUR READERS IN MIND
At the heart of any money-making blog is quality content. When it comes to car blogs, quality content could include photographs, video, news, or reviews. Just be sure that you have a definite audience in mind and tailor your content to meet what you think they will be interested in. If you’re not sure where to start, you can derive inspiration from existing reviews. Your audience may be friends and family, or it could be fellow classic car enthusiasts.

GET ORGANIZED
Many bloggers enter into the game with loads of enthusiasm, spending money on a domain and filling it with top-notch content for the first month or two. It’s common for enthusiasm to wane after this point, however, and your blog may languish without any new content for weeks or months at a time. This will cause you to lose readers and any potential for income. As a result, you’ll want to define your goals and set a schedule. If you don’t have a great deal of spare time, commit to something as simple as writing one new car review per week. Regular posting helps boost your readership and search engine rankings.

One of the easiest ways to make money as a car blogger is to place car-related ads on your site. You can do this by signing up with Google Adsense, Amazon, or other retailers. When a reader of yours clicks on their advertisement, you get reimbursed. This won’t make you rich overnight, but it will add up over time as you build your readership.

SELL PRODUCTS
Another way to make money off of your car blog is to start selling products that suit your niche industry. If you write a blog about Porsches, for example, you could have an online ecommerce shop which sells Porsche accessories on the side. Many blogging platforms, Wordpress in this case includes themes that make it easy to set up an online shopping cart system on your main website.

By taking the time to blog about car niche, which I presume you’re passionate about, you could end up with a tidy sum left over each year. Staying true to your interests and creating high quality content for your readers will ensure that the experience is rewarding at the same time.

Meanwhile, read about Alborz Fallah: The Million Dollar Car Blogger

Hope this helps.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by sneakerblogger: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2016
OnlineMercenary:

Going straight to the point.

WordPress is the answer.

WordPress offers this ability out of the box many others don't.

With WordPress you own your content. You have complete control over the content.

With other platforms like blogger (owned by Google) or Tumblr (owned by Yahoo) you're only renting space.

As unlikely as it sounds, if either of those companies decide to shut down those platforms you'll lose everything you've built.

It's like building your house on rented ground. If the landlord decides to pull up stakes or sell the ground to someone else, you will lose your house or pay way more in rent for the same piece of land.

With wordpress, you own it to all to yourself and can tweak as you wish.

Coupled with a whole loads of themes availabe to choose from.

Wordpress is the way.
I don't have money for wordpress now but want to start with blogger then I will migrate to wordpress.org, and also I have passion for cars, so I decided to start a car blog in nigeria since there is no consistent blog in that niche, but am confused if it will have pageview, my targeted audience are nigerians,american,australian etc. Help me out with every dime of ur ideal! God Bless You!
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by sneakerblogger: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2016
OnlineMercenary:

If we must say, you have chosen a very lucrative niche.

Diving not from your major question, Wordpress is your best bet. Talking of the flexibility and features, coupled with your niche, you just shouldn't avoid it (wordpress).

Now, how to start a blog is pretty simple.

DESIGN YOUR BLOG
If you don't know or you are not ready to learn your way around wordpress, though simple, you can hire a designer to get you blog done for you at a considerable fee.

CHOOSE A NICHE - Which You Already Did
The most successful auto industry blogs have a specific angle. You can choose to blog about anything and everything related to cars, but this can make it hard to draw in a loyal audience or compete with larger car blogs like motoring.com.au or cars.com. If you choose a certain brand of cars to write about, electric cars, or classic cars instead, you can refine your focus and make sure that your content is truly unique. This will make it easier to build your audience and eventually start making money using targeted advertising.

WRITE WITH YOUR READERS IN MIND
At the heart of any money-making blog is quality content. When it comes to car blogs, quality content could include photographs, video, news, or reviews. Just be sure that you have a definite audience in mind and tailor your content to meet what you think they will be interested in. If you’re not sure where to start, you can derive inspiration from existing reviews. Your audience may be friends and family, or it could be fellow classic car enthusiasts.

GET ORGANIZED
Many bloggers enter into the game with loads of enthusiasm, spending money on a domain and filling it with top-notch content for the first month or two. It’s common for enthusiasm to wane after this point, however, and your blog may languish without any new content for weeks or months at a time. This will cause you to lose readers and any potential for income. As a result, you’ll want to define your goals and set a schedule. If you don’t have a great deal of spare time, commit to something as simple as writing one new car review per week. Regular posting helps boost your readership and search engine rankings.

One of the easiest ways to make money as a car blogger is to place car-related ads on your site. You can do this by signing up with Google Adsense, Amazon, or other retailers. When a reader of yours clicks on their advertisement, you get reimbursed. This won’t make you rich overnight, but it will add up over time as you build your readership.

SELL PRODUCTS
Another way to make money off of your car blog is to start selling products that suit your niche industry. If you write a blog about Porsches, for example, you could have an online ecommerce shop which sells Porsche accessories on the side. Many blogging platforms, Wordpress in this case includes themes that make it easy to set up an online shopping cart system on your main website.

By taking the time to blog about car niche, which I presume you’re passionate about, you could end up with a tidy sum left over each year. Staying true to your interests and creating high quality content for your readers will ensure that the experience is rewarding at the same time.

Meanwhile, read about Alborz Fallah: The Million Dollar Car Blogger

Hope this helps.
thanks a lot but I have been read about alborz fellah for a long period of time now,I even have the interview with yaro starak he is the owner of caradvice.com.au, he is my mentor! But also where can I get my news for my car blog that I am about to create this week! I don't know where to get d news?, but I read something somewhere that says. U sholud visit forums related to ur niche to get ur news of visit some big car blog in ur niche to get d news! Thanks a lot! But is it really true that car bloggers get free cars for review, I just want to know if its true? God Bless You
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
sneakerblogger:
I don't have money for wordpress now but want to start with blogger then I will migrate to wordpress.org, and also I have passion for cars, so I decided to start a car blog in nigeria since there is no consistent blog in that niche, but am confused if it will have pageview, my targeted audience are nigerians,american,australian etc. Help me out with every dime of ur ideal! God Bless You!
Getting pageviews depends on you, your consistency, your originality, your publicity and your patience.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
sneakerblogger:
thanks a lot but I have been read about alborz fellah for a long period of time now,I even have the interview with yaro starak he is the owner of caradvice.com.au, he is my mentor! But also where can I get my news for my car blog that I am about to create this week! I don't know where to get d news?, but I read something somewhere that says. U sholud visit forums related to ur niche to get ur news of visit some big car blog in ur niche to get d news! Thanks a lot! But is it really true that car bloggers get free cars for review, I just want to know if its true? God Bless You
Only possible if you are a well known car blogger, when I say well known, I mean very very well known.

Concerning where to get news, stay close to forums and other blogs and most importantly, stay close to car brands' websites.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Alexander1370(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
I just updated new airtel 1.5gb cheat with 50 naira and 500mb with 25 naira.check it out in http://cheatsvilla.h eck.in if the cheat does nad work,then cut my neck.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
Don't feel reluctant, drop your question.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by codimendez: 6:28am On Jul 24, 2016
pls is there a way I can upload videos on mmy site for people to watch without it increasing my disk space and also I dnt wana use youtube embedded cos of their copyright policy.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by alexisgist(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Please help me review this site does it have a Google Adsense.. .. . www.naijaphase.com because I learnt to have an Adsense you must write a quality Article of your own.. But I this is not the case here
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
codimendez:
pls is there a way I can upload videos on mmy site for people to watch without it increasing my disk space and also I dnt wana use youtube embedded cos of their copyright policy.
Hello, the idea is pretty straight. If you do not want the video to consume your disk space then you might need to introduce a third party, which in this case are Youtube, Vimeo or any other video serving platform.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
alexisgist:
Please help me review this site does it have a Google Adsense.. .. . www.naijaphase.com because I learnt to have an Adsense you must write a quality Article of your own.. But I this is not the case here
Nothing is considered impossible, but without quality content, applying for google adsense is more like throwing something against a wall and watching it come back at you. Best practice, work on your content and make sure they are of high quality before you consider adsense application. Hope this helps.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by sneakerblogger: 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello my fellow nairalanders
I want to ask one question,it goes like this where can a blogger get tech news for his/her tech blog?(directly from source)without copy and pasting! Where can one get tech related news for his/her blog! Anybody can reply, Pls ur answer will be helpful! God Bless You!
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by sneakerblogger: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
I want to ask one question,it goes like this where can a blogger get tech news for his/her tech blog?(directly from source)without copy and pasting! Where can one get tech related news for his/her blog! Anybody can contribute to the discussion, Pls ur answer will be helpful! God Bless You!
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2016
sneakerblogger:
I want to ask one question,it goes like this where can a blogger get tech news for his/her tech blog?(directly from source)without copy and pasting! Where can one get tech related news for his/her blog! Anybody can contribute to the discussion, Pls ur answer will be helpful! God Bless You!
Hello,

As a tech blogger, you are expected to blog majorly on tech products, reviews and news. To get news without copying from other blogs, stay close to social media pages of tech companies and watch their updates, then derive news from there. This might be stressful but at least it's a step towards uniqueness and independence. If they have websites, you can also visit their websites occasionally. That's how big tech companies get their publications.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 8:56am On Jul 26, 2016
We are willing to help, ask questions.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by henrimoto(m): 10:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Hello,
What are the things that help to enhance the mobile view of a blog/web. ?
Thanks and Welldone.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by henrimoto(m): 10:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Hello,
Thanks and Welldone.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2016
Can i please have a review? Created this blog three months ago. Is all about inspiration, personal development and motivation. Planning to host it soon.

www.howinspiratick.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Jejelomoekonlo: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SITE O
google Is not displaying my site frequently
Even if i search for dailyschoolgist..com it will manage to display the About us, contact us, and Privacy police and one article.

Again, if an article shows on google, the topic usually differs from the content.

I don edit the meta tags tire.

Oga OnlineMercenary , Please, What can i do ?
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
henrimoto:

Hello,

Thanks and Welldone.
Hello,

Judging from your sentence, you made mention of "blog". So I would assume you are most probably using either wordpress or blogger platform.

Therefore, the information below will cover both sides.

For Wordpress

- 95% of wordpress themes these days are mobile responsive automatically, so you wont need to bother. Meanwhile if you are not satisfied with the display, you can make use of wptouch, it's a wordpress plugin that gives your website a totally new responsive look on mobile devices.

For Blogger

- Option #1: Enable default mobile template

Do you know there are already 8 build in mobiles templates available on blogger platform? I’m sure many of you haven’t seen it yet. Simply activating one of them will do the trick.

By activating any of them, your site will automatically render the mobile theme for the mobile queries. Actually, when a phone user will surf the site, it will redirect to the stringed url like http://yourdomain.com/?m=1. In fact, you can test a mobile site on the desktop just defining the string ?m=1 in the urls.

Here is how you can do it:

Navigate to Blogger Dashboard > Template.
Click the gear icon for the mobile.
Now select “Yes. Show mobile template on mobile devices.” and choose your theme.
Click the save button.

Option #2: Make Your Template Responsive

Option #3: Create an app for mobile devices

Now it's up to you, hope this helps.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Jejelomoekonlo:
BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SITE O
google Is not displaying my site frequently
Even if i search for dailyschoolgist..com it will manage to display the About us, contact us, and Privacy police and one article.

Again, if an article shows on google, the topic usually differs from the content.

I don edit the meta tags tire.

Oga OnlineMercenary , Please, What can i do ?

Hello,

Judgng from sight seeing, your website is in good condition, the only thing you require is patience. Wait for google to discover your site very well and as well crawl your content comfortably.

Meanwhile, you can checkout this article on How to Get Google to Index Your New Website & Blog Quickly

Hope this helps.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
HenryDion:
Can i please have a review? Created this blog three months ago. Is all about inspiration, personal development and motivation. Planning to host it soon.

www.howinspiratick.
Nice design and originality. Keep it up.

For now, try and get a domain, it does cost more than #2500 on average.

Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Jejelomoekonlo: 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
OnlineMercenary:

Hello,

Judgng from sight seeing, your website is in good condition, the only thing you require is patience. Wait for google to discover your site very well and as well crawl your content comfortably.

Meanwhile, you can checkout this article on How to Get Google to Index Your New Website & Blog Quickly

Hope this helps.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Jejelomoekonlo: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
OnlineMercenary:

Hello,

Hope this helps.
thanks alot
pls how can i get godaddy coupons & can you help me check if the contents on [url=dailyschoolgist..com/]my blog[/url] are unique ?
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
OnlineMercenary:
Nice design and originality. Keep it up.
For now, try and get a domain, it does cost more than #2500 on average.
Thanks. Which hosting company would you recommend?
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2016
Jejelomoekonlo:

thanks alot
pls how can i get godaddy coupons & can you help me check if the contents on [url=dailyschoolgist..com/]my blog[/url] are unique ?
To get Godaddy coupon codes, Check Here. Meanwhile, your blog has a couple of copied contents so might not be considered unique.

Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by OnlineMercenary: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2016
HenryDion:

Thanks. Which hosting company would you recommend?
Hello, if you are working on a low budget to start with, use namecheap. Else, use Vastgig.net.
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by bjstardom(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by MRXELA(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
pls help, my blog doesn't appear on google search engine, even when I search half of the content of my post it won't still appear. I don't copy from other site. how do I fix it
Re: Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries by Aare2050(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
I've patiently followed this thread from start.

thanks very much op
and I pray your candidate wins the Mr nairaland competition.

I am Akanle Bamishile
an educationist
part time punter
upcoming blogger
romantic story writer....

straight to my questions..

1. my blog of about 8 months, www.freedsoccertips..com was created by me on blogger platform. I created it myself, after about 4 months of u serious blogging, I applied for adsence, but my application was disapproved. I know I deserve to be disproved. but now I applied again today waiting for their approval thou.
how can I add the following to my blog....

a. home
b. contact us
c. about us
d. privacy policy.

2. can you direct me to someone that can do the domain name and SEO for me at not too cost price?

3. can I blog on romantic stories, base on true life and fictions
I have some threads on nairaland with romantic and sexual content. please note that the romantic stories is not for this current blog. it's for my upcoming blog "naijasexcapedes.com"

thanks once again as I await your swift response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Setup And Start A Blog / Is Learning Web Design A Waste Of My Time? / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73