Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? - Science/Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? (65606 Views)

A Critical Look At Extraterrestrials, Jinns And Science. / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by phranq(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2016
Explorers:
The base has been subject of numerous tales about UFO's and aliens since 1947. Between 1947 and 1969, the Air Force recorded 12,618 sightings of strange phenomena with 701 of them classed as 'unidentified'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3614522/Couple-capture-footage-UFO-close-military-base-Ohio.html

if dat base has witnessed such amount of UFO visits....den d base is holding smth dat has caught d attention of d aliens n US govt is definitely not telling us smth. for a particular goat to be visiting a particular farm everyday....oga dat farm get smth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Awoofawo(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2016
phranq:

if dat base has witnessed such amount of UFO visits....den d base is holding smth dat has caught d attention of d aliens n US govt is definitely not telling us smth. for a particular goat to be visiting a particular farm everyday....oga dat farm get smth

WELL SAID!

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Mememan: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
mdaada:
There are no aliens. All the information u have online is been circulated by the white man to derail your mind from seeing what is happening in front of you. Why are they the ones to record our history for us. If u dont know where u are coming from, you can never know where u are going.NASA is a fraudulent body specifically created to distrubute fake information. Look online for a real photo of the earth from space. They are all computed generated images and videos. Look at the landing of the moon videos do u see anything in the vast background,no star, no moon absolutely nothing. Google project bluebeam, flat earth and please educate yourself.

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Mememan: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
crixtex:

Lolss... i have researched and thought bla bla bla and i came to one conclusion.... d devil is a trickster... tricking humans to believe in Aliens and eidtrich creatures which are actually demons, buh all wisdom must bow to Jesus Christ nevertheless...
Some of you just think with your feet
Just like the old Christians who thought and even wrote in their Bible (so-called word of God) that the earth is flat and that the earth is the center of the universe... Fallacy!
Thank God for science.

1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mememan:

Some of you just think with your feet
Just like the old Christians who thought and even wrote in their Bible (so-called word of God) that the earth is flat and that the earth is the center of the universe... Fallacy!
Thank God for science.

The word of God is greater than all knowledge. ...
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jakumo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Given the infinite vastness of the universe, it is an absolute certainty that SOME form of alien life does exist on SOME planets scattered among the countless solar systems that comprise the cosmos.

Over the entire course of human history right up until the present, literally thousands of eye-witness accounts describe in detail numerous sightings of unidentified craft whose aerodynamic performance envelopes FAR exceeds that of ANY flying vehicle thus far made by the hand of man. Among those witnesses in contemporary times are large numbers of both military and civilian pilots, many of whom never do come forward to report on record when they see strange objects in the sky, so as to avoid ridicule and protect their careers.

I for one have no doubt whatsoever that mankind is NOT alone in the universe, but whether definitive proof of alien life manifests in our lifetimes is a question that will only be answered in the fullness of time.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Mememan: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
crixtex:

The word of God is greater than all knowledge. ...
The Bible is obviously not the words of God because the words of God can't be ignorant!

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mememan:

The Bible is obviously not the words of God because the words of God can't be ignorant!

The word of God(the bible) isnt ignorant of anything....it tells about the greatness of God and His creation including science
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
crixtex:

The word of God(the bible) isnt ignorant of anything....it tells about the greatness of God and His creation including science
Yh Like How To Cure Cancer
Hiv
Polio
Small pox
Etc All In The Bible
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Mememan: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2016
crixtex:

The Bible describes God as an imperfect super human. God is greater than all that..

The science philosophy of the Bible is filled with me errors, if it was written out of God's inspiration, it would have been perfect because the almighty God is perfect.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Mememan:

The Bible describes God as an imperfect super human. God is greater than all that..

The science philosophy of the Bible is filled with me errors, if it was written out of God's inspiration, it would have been perfect because the almighty God is perfect.
hmmm... The Bible is very ok for a believer.. and yes to ur postulation, we also know the Bible cannot contain all of God's magnificence
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jerryolumide(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
so you're trying to tell me that the American government will openly come out and tell its citizens and world at large that they've spotted a alien
Wise up bro
Strawman:
Mehn, I really really HATE to be the guy to say this, but most of these points have already been debunked. I was actually fascinated when I read this and went back to research on all of it. I came late sha, so I'll just point this out.

Mr Explorers, Buzz Aldrin himself later debunked that first point.

https://m.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2a5vg8/i_am_buzz_aldrin_engineer_american_astronaut_and/

Or you can read his statement here:

"On Apollo 11 in route to the Moon, I observed a light out the window that appeared to be moving alongside us. There were many explanations of what that could be, other than another spacecraft from another country or another world - it was either the rocket we had separated from, or the 4 panels that moved away when we extracted the lander from the rocket and we were nose to nose with the two spacecraft. So in the close vicinity, moving away, were 4 panels. And i feel absolutely convinced that we were looking at the sun reflected off of one of these panels. Which one? I don't know. So technically, the definition could be "unidentified."

We well understood exactly what that was. And when we returned, we debriefed and explained exactly what we had observed. And I felt that this had been distributed to the outside world, the outside audience, and apparently it wasn't, and so many years later, I had the time in an interview to disclose these observations, on another country's television network. And the UFO people in the United States were very very angry with me, that i had not given them the information. it was not an alien. Extraordinary observations require extraordinary evidence. That's what Carl Sagan said. There may be aliens in our Milky Way galaxy, and there are billions of other galaxies. The probability is almost CERTAIN that there is life somewhere in space. It was not that remarkable, that special, that unusual, that life here on earth evolved gradually, slowly, to where we are today.

But the distances involved in where some evidence of life may be, they may be hundreds of light years away."

Also, the "Wow Signal" was later reported to be caused by a natural phenomenon and not any aliens trying to reach us.

I can't type much on the rest, since I'm not even sure anyone is reading this. If you have specific questions/issues with what I typed..ask.

I'm not saying there are no aliens sha (I'm also not saying that there are aliens). I'm just saying that I researched on those points OP pointed out (some I did even before now, some I did when I read this thread) and most of them have already been debunked. And the ones that haven't been debunked are not certainties, they are hypothesis.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Explorers(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Jerryolumide:
so you're trying to tell me that the American government will openly come out and tell its citizens and world at large that they've spotted a alien
Wise up bro

Aiite, will wise up sir. Tanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
elisra:
download these two pdfs chariots of the gods and technology of the gods.
Ur perception will change.
Please dont place a barrier in ur thinking be it religious or social
Can I get a download link please
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jerryolumide(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
KingAdegoke:
Choi. na long story bros. give me your whatsapp number lemme talk to you better. from psychology 101.

if you are interested
Post am here make others learn

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by dorox(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2016
AnonyNymous:
I honestly believe that we can't be alone, the universe is just too large, besides, there are other earth-like planets in the universe that can support human life and all other forms of life that we KNOW of, not to talk of the kind of strange creatures that we dont know of, lol . . . What if there's a species somewhere that breathes in Nitrogen and breathes out Helium, and their bodies are designed to support that

The versatility of carbon in chemical reaction is the reason that all known life forms is carbon based. So, unless the laws of chemistry is not the same through out the universe having an organism that breathes in nitrogen and exhales helium will be impossible.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
dorox:

The versatility of carbon in chemical reaction is the reason that all known life forms is carbon based. So, unless the laws of chemistry is not the same through out the universe having an organism that breathes in nitrogen and exhales helium will be impossible.
The temprature and pressure on earth's surface, with the abundance of H and O in the form of water, all allowed for the versatility of Carbon-based life on earth..
In other planets where the temperature and pressure are just optimum for the abundance of some other elements and compounds, some other forms of life that are based on those elements and compounds can form..
*Thinking about it**

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
dorox:

That's what I meant. . . I don't think its the same throughout the universe. . . like the properties of the elements remain the same, obviously, but the way their life forms are built are completely different

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jerryolumide(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
charlieot:

this here my friend is a blatant lie.
it disobeys the law of physics and simultaneity.

who the f.uck ever came up with this theory?

Explain further bro
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by sinaj(f): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Iamsynord:
Yes Op

aliens and extraterrestrials beings exist..

This reminds me of me own experience with an alien ..,. I was just six and had gone to pluck unripe cashew near the burial ground in the town, which i will burn to bring nut so that i will eat with garri at home ,,,

I was still plucking when this great white light shone on me... I tried to move but i could not... I tried lifting my hands, no.,., legs ..,., no too.... Ok

suddenly wind started blowing and thunder and lightning struck three times as i counted it... I was terribly frightened as i couldnt run and i started singing prayer is the master key

suddenly a frog like creature jumped and licked its lips...

I could see like six of them coming from every direction.

' sekum kauen dkahs hakksk ah ' one of them say...

Gaj sjagd aja dudu " ... La penis akaja la swerta do yoghiti uhun a nurise ' the other replied and they all laughed...

All this while i was screaming and shouting for help around 7pm in the night..

Maka yaka potato la chop humane intestinee..... The 6 or 7 creatures just shouted together as claws sprung from their hand and they dripped saliva as they approached me....

Maka lickaa la foode........ Humanle a sweera pon bloddka kakkakka...

I screamed jesus ,,,,

by the time i woke up from the dream in the parlour, i saw a dvd collection of E T,Ghost ship and predators beside me, a cd i had watched the previous night.. :;( grin
U got me grin
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Jerryolumide(m): 7:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Explorers:

Aiite, will wise up sir. Tanks so much.
wasn't referring to you boss, can you please create a topic on mermaids?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ioannes:

When you look into the sky at night and you see stars twinkling, what you are seeing is the light emitted by the stars million of years ago. The light is just getting to us.

The implication is that some of the stars we see twinkling might not even be existing anymore.

God is wonderful.
If an economist is seriously expaining some extreme concepts in macro-economics to you in a very simple language, (though you are a scientist), you would understand the language he is explaining it with, but would hardly understand or imagine the concept itself.. Now, put it in your own situation where you are explaining the space-time concept to a non-scientist.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
tk4rd:
If an economist is seriously expaining some extreme concepts in macro-economics to you in a very simple language, (though you are a scientist), you would understand the language he is explaining it with, but would hardly understand or imagine the concept itself.. Now, put it in your own situation where you are explaining the space-time concept to a non-scientist.

Yea. I get what you mean. But once you get the basic concept then it's easier to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Imagine that I 'supernaturally' possess the ability to teleport to any part of the universe that I choose in an instant (Like X-Men's Nightcrawler). I slay a dinosaur on earth at 5PM and I teleport a distance of 65million lightsyears (distance not time) at exactly 5:01PM. If I look back, what will I see?
If you had such powers, then, you are faster than light. And possibly, you can manipulate the space-time dimensions, thus, speed-of-light is not a barrier to you at all...
If it happens that at this very moment, you were viewing the earth with a telescope from a planet at distance of 65million years away, you would be seeing dinosaurs walking around. Then after you teleport with the space-time manipulation methods I described above, you would appear on the present earth and meet the present human beings. (and not dinosaurs anymore).. If you kill some goats and cut down some trees, and teleport back to where you left your telescope and view again, you would still be seeing dinosaurs walking about like before..
It would take you another 65million years for you to see yourself when you killed the goats and cut down some trees..
Mind you, if you had decided to teleport in such a way that your disintegrated body-waves travelled at the speed of light, it would take you 65million years to reach earth, and by then, you would meet........... *you can guess naa* (whatever the earth would be like in the next 65million years)

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by dejilg(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
lolzzz...someone has watched too much ancient aliens videos and have swallowed the lies....well do a proper research and see how much falsehood it spreads....
the pyramids were built by men not any supernatural force was needed....

a religious person knows that there are beings in other dimensions that interfere with our earth they are called (angels, demons and even gods)....science is slowly getting to where religion left off....

how does finding an "alien" negate religious beliefs? and does this mean our universe isn't created?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
menxer:

Hahahahahahaha
Did I say it was held captive?

It is assisting them in what is called reverse engineering, that is adapting alien technology to meet our level of development.

Has it occurred to you how rapid scientific and technological "discoveries" have been from 1947 till date?

Those are just the techs that have been declassified for civilian use.

Let me get u well.
Are you saying that any alien technology which these hidden scientists at Area 51 cannot explain with the current mediocritic science theories would not be released to the public.??
And thus, more studies are carried out in wider areas of science in order to modify the current science theories, so as to explain the alien tech.. And then, it would be released to the public..??
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
mickeyenglish:
......as old as time, in fact, it is timeless and ageless for it is not bound by earthly physical laws infact it is bound by no law.
This is the greatest source of energy ever to exist in the universe....
Christians are very familiar with these words already.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by tk4rd: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Explorers:

Area 51.
You need to create a very sweet thread on this.
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by menxer: 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
tk4rd:
Let me get u well.
Are you saying that any alien technology that these scientists at Area 51 cannot be explain with the current mediocritic science theories would not be released., and thus, more studies are carried out in areas of science in order to modify the current science theories, so as to explain the alien tech.. And then, it would be released to the public..??

I didn't say anything about scientific theories but reverse engineering.

Do a little research on DNA computer, quantum computer, you will have an idea.

They would make it seem as a breakthrough (which it is in a way) than a scaled down alien tech.

There are books and articles on these alien technologies that is suppressed but trust the Internet, you can always find what you are looking.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by IAmTobore(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
bluaero:
If were are ever visited by beings from another planet, that would be the end of mankind as we know it. Any form of intelligence that successfully visits us (especially from another solar system) would be thousands of years ahead of us in terms of technology.

To make it simple, what would happen if a group of human soldiers enter a room full of cockroaches?

1. Will they look for the leader of the cockroaches to discuss with him?
2. Will they decide to teach the cockroaches their ways of life and technology?
3. Or will they simply eliminate ALL the cockroaches and use the room for themselves?

The correct answer to the question is what will happen to humanity if we are visited by any intelligent alien life form.
Why did you use cocroaches as example? Why didn't you use scorpions or bees?
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by bluaero(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
IAmTobore:
Why did you use cocroaches as example? Why didn't you use scorpions or bees?

Well..it would be the same outcome
Re: Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? by wisemen045(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
''The day after Roswell'' by Colonel Philip J. Corso (a former Pentagon official) blew the lid off the UFO cover-up. An interesting read for the poster and any other who has ever wondered about the leap in technology in the last century.

I also recommend books by Zecharia Sitichin and Erich Von Daniken. Several abound on the internet. Just google them!

Happy reading!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) / Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Strange Cow That Refused To Die After Its Head Had Been Cut(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.