Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? (40276 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by propzncribz: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
I went to PHCN office in my are area to order for four prepaid meters and I was told it costs 65,000 naira per meter. That's a lot of money for an electric meter. I heard some parts of the mainland, it is free. Anyone who has gotten it free please let me know the process or anyone that has paid for one and how much did it cost? For all I know, the PHCN staff that attended to me can get it for free for me but poverty has taken over them, they must chop so I must pay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by mcversatile(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
It sincerely beyond human reasoning o

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by GogetterMD(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
It's being supplied free to most under the Ikeja DISCO

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by propzncribz: 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
GogetterMD:
It's being supplied free to most under the Ikeja DISCO

OK thanks, what's the procedure please? Is it a never ending process if you don't part away with money at any point. Does free mean free?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by GogetterMD(m): 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
propzncribz:

OK thanks, what's the procedure please? Is it a never ending process if you don't part away with money at any point. Does free mean free?
Yeah, free without parting with any sum. They are doing it gradually. Most houses in Alimosho LGA have being supplied after an initial house to house audit.
Its very economical. Max my flat uses since installation is #3500/month, and we have averagely 12hrs of electricity daily, compared to Surulere where I used to have less than 4hrs of electricity daily with 11k plus monthly bill.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by veekid(m): 6:46am On Jul 06, 2016
E high fa; I think Na only NEPA knows
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by obinna2nv(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Here in PHED, the prepaid CAPMI meters goes for;

Single Phase: 39,375
Three phase: 68,901

You pay at any Ecobank Branch and the meter will get to you anytime from 60 working days.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Exponental(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Call the phone numbers on your bill without giving out your ID.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by TVTKOKO(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2016
GogetterMD:
It's being supplied free to most under the Ikejaa DISCO
ahn ahn bros wat is beyond human reasoning here na undecided undecided

@op, if u request for a new meter entirely, dats when u pay dat amt buh if u av d old meter it is free.. Yu giv em ur old one and collect new one shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2016
27 to 30k and its more economucal, you can use a the vat you bought for 2k for one month....for a normal nuclear family tho......but our prepaid was formally installed by the govt

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Aroh48(m): 6:49am On Jul 06, 2016
Waooo!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Sammy121(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
Is not available in most towns and communities in Ekiti, hence, it is difficult to ask people to pay for it.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ReabridCharles(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
In my area we ditched that prepaid metre
We called it "Obiageli" "came to eat"
The metre no get joy.
How can 10k finish in two weeks?

Am surprised people still want to use that error.

In PH, it's free sha...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2016
GogetterMD:

Yeah, free without parting with any sum. They are doing it gradually. Most houses in Alimosho LGA have being supplied after an initial house to house audit.
Its very economical. Max my flat uses since installation is #3500/month, and we have averagely 12hrs of electricity daily, compared to Surulere where I used to have less than 4hrs of electricity daily with 11k plus monthly bill.
ours here in enugu is even much cheaper, we spend about 2k for one month and before this buhari regime light was almost steady in my area

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Here in osogbo, we paid lyk 25k, and yet they said the prepaid meter isnt available at the moment

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by omonla10(m): 6:51am On Jul 06, 2016
It's free including installation and their guys are moving house to house(including mine around abulegba) for enumeration and auditing.. I believe a large percentage of lagosians will have it before the year runs out.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by macapie20(m): 6:52am On Jul 06, 2016
In my area 'the hausas' and most yoruba people don't pay for light. And it is becoming frustrating!!! They even went further to destroy their prepaid meter.
#Macapie

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by agabusta: 6:52am On Jul 06, 2016
68k 3-phase metre. Eko Electricity Distribution.

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company is miles ahead of Eko Electricity Distribution as regards metre installation. They seriously deserve to be given commendation.

They have also improved massively on the business, improved customer relations and then went ahead to employ a good number of people. I personally know about 10 people that have been employed by Ikeja Electricity Distribution with good pay.

I was seriously taken aback, when I watched some labour guys embarrassing IKEDC on TV that they have not installed metres anywhere. They have done massive metre deployment.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by WorldRichest: 6:54am On Jul 06, 2016
slimthugchimee:
27 to 30k and its more economucal, you can use a the vat you bought for 2k for one month....for a normal nuclear family tho......but our prepaid was formally installed by the govt

I am in Ikeja Disco or is it called Reggae? Please where can I get it for that amount? Please help a friend or stranger in need. This Disco has been bringing me bills of between 8,000 to 10,000 monthly with only 2 to 3 hours of light daily.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by snadguy007(m): 6:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Free
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:55am On Jul 06, 2016
ReabridCharles:
In my area we ditched that prepaid metre
We called it "Obiageli" "came to eat"
The metre no get joy.
How can 10k finish in two weeks?

Am surprised people still want to use that error.

In PH, it's free sha...
10k?? thats huge.....was it a workshop like printing press, industries...that was using it
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by freeage7(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2016
propzncribz:
I went to PHCN office in my are area to order for four prepaid meters and I was told it costs 65,000 naira per meter. That's a lot of money for an electric meter. I heard some parts of the mainland, it is free. Anyone who has gotten it free please let me know the process or anyone that has paid for one and how much did it cost? For all I know, the PHCN staff that attended to me can get it for free for me but poverty has taken over them, they must chop so I must pay.
Ikeja Disco distributed it for free in my area(Ikotun) and they are still distributing.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ckmayoca: 6:57am On Jul 06, 2016
GogetterMD:

Maybe una dey use cooker and for cooking egbo
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2016
WorldRichest:

I am in Ikeja Disco or is it called Reggae? Please where can I get it for that amount? Please help a friend or stranger in need. This Disco has been bringing me bills of between 8,000 to 10,000 monthly with only 2 to 3 hours of light daily.
its actually in enugu you will see it
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by mccoy47(m): 6:58am On Jul 06, 2016
In portharcourt it goes for 70k in places where d govt has already distributed the prepaid meter
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by GogetterMD(m): 7:01am On Jul 06, 2016
ckmayoca:

Maybe una dey use cooker and for cooking egbo
If you referring to the then billing, it was estimated bills mostly for those using the analog meters

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by FabioPeter: 7:05am On Jul 06, 2016
obinna2nv:
Here in PHED, the prepaid CAPMI meters goes for;

Single Phase: 39,375
Three phase: 68,901

You pay at any Ecobank Branch and the meter will get to you anytime from 60 working days.

About the same in BEDC Benin. It's comforting to note that it's free at Ikeja.
The Metre belongs to the DISCO, It's irrational to charge customers a premium, to make matters worse, we rely more on our generators.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by ryd3(m): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Actually, Eko disco is on CAPMI, a program designed for people that cannot wait for meters. IKEJA ELECTRIC does not do CAPMI, but meter people for free.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by nafdak: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2016
For Kedco the prepaid meter is like free. u wl pay 30k for the single phase but u will get the 30k back in 30 months time. Each month u wl b given 1k units free.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? by Thatitan234(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2016
It is free. Just last month, some officials of Ikeja disco came around Iyanaipaja gathering details from house to house.

I was informed by them that it is absolutely free as they(IKEDC) own it and also the FG recently gave them a deadline to meet.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landlord Throws Tenant's Child Down From A Storey Building In NDU Amassoma / Affordable Deal On England WC,spanish,italy Tiles,..FREE DELIVERY / Building Plan Approval Requirements And Processes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.