Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? - Fashion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? (15461 Views)

What Perfume Do U Use And How Much Does It Cost? / Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? / G-string Fever:how Does It Feel To Wear It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by chika98: 12:55am On Sep 09, 2009
From Women to Coach's dress sense. NL Eh
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by tubabie(f): 1:01am On Sep 09, 2009
Pataki:

Will you and tubabie tell ferguboy to come and learn how to dress like a man from Prof Wenger.

Abeg shift, I cant let this go even though its the wrong thread . . . . . . .
The comparison is an insult in itself, Pataki desist cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 09, 2009
TOPE2000!:

David told me himself cheesy

LOL grin

I won't lie, I like to dress, but not to school abeg. cheesy

eldee:

@Sauron
Is it me or did we all miss Stilly's potential?? grin grin

Nah . . . I'm a changed man
Move it up five inches and see if the killing starts grin grin

"You're not serious. shocked
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by TOPE20001(f): 1:02am On Sep 09, 2009
stillwater:

I won't lie, I like to dress, but not to school abeg. cheesy

But why not to school? cuz i remember back then dressing na competition grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Sauron1: 1:04am On Sep 09, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
Is it me or did we all miss Stilly's potential?? grin grin

I miss it o. . . . .
Stilly has gone from a nun to a FLY girl.

@ Pataki,

Wenger looks like a colonial master in his suit. grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by eldee(m): 1:14am On Sep 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

I miss it o. . . . .
Stilly has gone from a nun to a FLY girl.
Hmm . . . see what white boys have done to our baby cheesy

stillwater:

"You're not serious. shocked

It's not like I'm telling you to put it on your profile page
At least not with peeping toms like Sauron round here grin grin

YIM?? wink wink
I want to see this thing that's killing everyone else grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 09, 2009
Waste of time, i fink.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:30am On Sep 09, 2009
I really do not see how getting a manicure and pedicure done at least once a week, and looking good is high maintenance. . . undecided

Looking good should be something a woman takes pride in doing not for others but for herself. . .cus when you look good you feel good!  cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 09, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I really do not see how getting a manicure and pedicure done at least once a week, getting one's hair done at least once in two weeks, and looking good is high maintenance. . . undecided

Looking good should be something a woman takes pride in doing not for others but for herself. . .cus when you look good you feel good! cool

x10. Infact, this is the smartest post all day cool
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by shesi(m): 4:56am On Sep 09, 2009
ramblings of a poor person.

please, if you could afford all that, would you do it? probably yeah?

that somebody can afford to live like that doesn't make them high maintenance. it simply means they're rich.

if they can't afford it and still insist of that lifestyle, that's not high-maintenance either. it's stupidity.

personally my idea of a high maintenance person is someone who takes themselves too seriously. and for a woman, with a hint of bitchiness.

as to your question OP, certainly!, girls like you describe in your post would certainly get more dates, all things being equal (i say that because you seem to suggest a woman who behaves like you describe has questionable morals?)

in conclusion, the word you were looking for is 'fashionista', not high maintenance. change that word in your title and see if the guys don't answer differently.  it's a source of pride to be walking down the street with a girl who's well put together.

lol. me sef i have time o. see this essay i have just written.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by topup: 5:16am On Sep 09, 2009
High maintainance from what I've heard is actually a turn off, men all over the world, see it just as the name suggests, a girl you have to spend a lot of time attention, money and love to maintain. Who wants to feel like they're maintaining a girlfriend anyway, they want to feel like 'THE MAN', they also want to know that their wallets are safe.

To them a woman who feels to add a lot onto herself, sends off signals that she's not comfortable enough to stand alone, without the manicure, the designer clothes etc, all the things that can distract someone from seeing 'the truth' - be it her personality or not.

However, I know women appreciate maintainance like gorgeous makeup, great clothes, you will often hear ladies complimenting each other; "Oh my Gosh, is that the latest,  *insert designer name here*".

Men however, say that they prefer natural beauties. As far as I'm concerned, they really don't, they actually prefer the inbetween, a woman who takes care of herself, after all most men think their wives are beautiful, however, they might be the same to say "She let herself go." Well, sir, if your wife was a natural beauty wouldn't it be natural for her to be beautiful - even without having time to straighten her weave/extensions, or rush to the salon, or pluck every hair, or shave etc.

Oh yes before I forget, Stillwater; what a pair of killer legs you have there!! They are a deadly weapon smiley
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by MUZBO(m): 5:48am On Sep 09, 2009
Thats a fallacy! High maintenance babes are cheap a$s squids! They only seem to get more dates because they accept more men. One to take care of the hair, one for the nails, one for the shoes and so on. Then they sleep with all of them when in need. E.g when she needs a new shoe she'll call up 'shoe-guy' and weave her magic. Don't be deceived.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by touchmeder: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2009
I think it does i rmb this one girl in school then. Damn she was hot and she sure had it all. i think they do undecided
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Nezan(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2009
*meditating*
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by ayobase(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2009
RLMAO!

Nigeria Is Blessed!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2009
do our ladies really dress to kill or rather UnCloth to kill?
just a thought. grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by yjay(f): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
@poster, to ur question if high maintenance gets more dates,
my answer, guys generally are attracted by what they see, looks comes first before anything else so if a guy sees a lady who is looking really fly u know nice hair, lovely make up, nice outfit on a great body, accessories u know all the works they go, shocked shocked shocked shocked, its just natural that they wld pick the lady that is more attractive, so my answer is YES!!!! any lady who takes the [b]extra [/b]effort to look good will get more guys that her friends who dont!!! SIMPLE!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by maedan(f): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^that's true. But I think there's a difference between "extra" effort and then "excessive" effort - which is what the HM girls put. Well sha, I saw this comment somewhere and found it amusing somehow:

~ What is the meaning of low maintenance woman?
Answer
~HMW: Every single woman living in California.

~LMW: anywhere else

Looks like that California is the HQ of the HM girls!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by koolchicco: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
@yjay

A worwor girl who knows her bedmatics very well will definitely attract more men including ME! grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
@shesi,  fashionista is different from high maintenance. a fashionista can find an inexpensive vintage outfit at a thrift store. fashionistas like fashion. high maintainence implies an EXCESSIVE attention to one's outward appearance. (regardless if he/she is doing this for themselves or for others)
i didn't imply that such folks have questionable morals.

@topup, props to you! but i think you're definitely a minority.

@george D,  grin grin grin

@yjay, good answer

so, does ANYONE find india.aire  attractive/desirable?? remember, this is the gal that sang,"sometimes i shave my legs, sometimes i don't. sometimes i comb my hair, sometimes i won't. depend on how the wind blows i might even paint my toes"   and  "am i less of a lady if i don't wear pantyhose?"
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by yjay(f): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
koolchicco:

@yjay

A worwor girl who knows her bedmatics very well will definitely attract more men including ME! grin

doesnt she ve to look at least presentable to get ur attn ?? guess not
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Basildon1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ op,when did being metrosexual become a problem,you go to the shopping centre and spy a hot guy and think it's always a fluke. Nuff times,the guy slaves at the gym, his hair looks well texturised, dress code is well selected.
Give the guy a break - he def has 2 look a the mirror a few more times.and accept it or not,a metrosexual guy catches the eye.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^ hmmmm, doesn't catch my eye. i prefer folks who look good without the excessive effort. shemar moore, boris kodjoe types? ewwwwwwww. but that's just me. i've always been a minimalist. less is more.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by candylips(m): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^^^
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Basildon1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2009
africhika, u r giving me jokes, those are actually wrong examplesesp Shemar Moore, that guy is more ripped than a cheese grater and his brows are perfectly shaped, HE WAS A FORMER MODEL! BORIS KODJOE probably lives in the gym and take half his pics with lip gloss.another FORMER MODEL.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Basildon1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
Oh, i get it, you dont even like the types of Shemar Moore, how odd? undecided
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by koolchicco: 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2009
yjay:

doesnt she ve to look at least presentable to get your attn ?? guess not

Not really.I'd cover her worwor face wiv pillow while i enjoy her "Panga pot". grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by africhika(f): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
@basildon1, ok what examples would u use? yeah, i know shemar moore is the hearthrob of nearly every black female. but he doesn't do it for me, at alllllllllll. boris poses with lip gloss?  grin  not surprising.
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by Basildon1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
Africhika, let's see, do you find Don Cheadle attractive or the guy from the The Wire, Gbenga Akinnagbe,
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
koolchicco:

Not really.I'd cover her worwor face wiv pillow while i enjoy her "Panga pot". grin

bros, na wa for you oo! if dem give you chance you fit bash tolo tolo ooo! grin
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by koolchicco: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
George_D:

bros, na wa for you oo! you fit bash tolotolo ooo! grin

ROTFLMAO grin. . .some tolotolo sef fit sweet pass all dis "worn-out-Panga Pots"!
Re: High Maintenance: Does It Get You More Dates? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
ha, ha, ha! tolo tolo oooo! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A Tattoo In Lagos? / Awesome Beauty Products Reviews From I Look Dope With Chris Konor / How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.