Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl Chapter 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl Chapter 1 (934 Views)

Diana: Good Girl Gone Bad / My Mapoly Life(the Good,the Bad, And The Ugly) / The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl Chapter 1 by Sirlegendy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Chapter 1: Family Problems Chapter 1 “Fiona, did you see the moving trucks last night?” My mother asked me as she prepared breakfast. I shook my head, placing 3 plates on the table. She glanced at me over her shoulder quickly. “No, mom; I went to bed early last night.” I said, putting a cup beside each plate. My mother nodded. “After studying, I hope.” She stated, taking dessert out of the oven before placing it carefully onto the stove. “Yes; I studied for an hour.” I assured her. “Only an hour?” My father’s voice piped. He sat with his legs crossed in the chair he usually sat in, beside my mother and across from me. He had his dark black suit on. This was his usual choice of clothing, especially when he had meetings or work- which was always. “Yes, Dad; I had a large amount of homework.” I said taking a seat in my usual place as my mother made her way over with the bowls; salad filled a bowl, Chicken Parmesan in a pan, rice, and a hefty bowl of broccoli. She placed them in the unfilled spaces of the table, my father placing his book down as he thanked my mother for the delicious meal. As we ate, my parents gave me approving looks as I explained how school was going and how my friend, Jessie, was. The subject of my grades came up and I already knew they were going to overreact at my news. “I have a B+ in trigonometry.” I stated, digging into the salad I’d covered with Italian dressing. “A B in trigonometry? How did you get a B?” My father asked, gasping loudly along with my over dramatic mother. “I scored lower than a 90% on a test so my grade dropped a few points, causing it to drop a letter. But its okay, this quarter isn’t over yet- I still have a few weeks to raise my grades. School just started.” I assured my parents, waving my hands. They gave me disapproving looks and sighed. “Does a boy have anything to do with this sudden grade drop?” My mother asked, her index fingers pressing lightly and rubbing circles into her temples. “No, Mom.” I assured her. Like a guy would actually talk to me. Yeah, right. The only guy that ever talks to me is Jack Brandt and he’s the last thing I’d call hot. And the only reason he talks to me is because we recently had a project assigned to us, which I finished alone. Note to self: Approach Jack and have him sign his name on the project before handing it in. "You know what? I think I might take Cherry up on that offer.” My mother said, giving me a pointed look. I knew what she was talking about. My aunt Cherry offered to stay at my house while my parents are on business trips- which they go to every week. And to be quiet honest, I prefer them to be out on business trips because when they are here, they harass me about keeping my grades up and staying away from boys. Throughout a month, my parents are home for about 5 days. And on those 5 days, they usually shop, pay bills, and pay employees- such as our maid and chef. Jessie usually consoles me, telling me that my parents must trust me because her parents wouldn’t even leave her home alone for an hour. I sighed before placing my fork onto the table, silencing my parent’s small bickering session about Aunt Cherry’s offer. “I think that’s a good idea, Mom,” I stated, letting out a small sigh. My mother looked at me, shocked and my father looked confused. “Like you said, it’s not good for a teenage girl my age to be home alone so often- it gets lonely and it’s not exactly safe. Sure, our neighborhood isn’t bad- but it’s better to be safe than sorry.” I stated, using one of the tactics I use when I want something- which is rarely. “Excuse me?” My mother said, covering her mouth as she coughed slightly on her food. Although my parents may be strict about me maintaining good grades and who my friends are, they barely have limitations for the things I buy. But that doesn’t mean I can just go willy- nilly with the money they give me and buy a stripper pole, but I have a lot of material items. My parents often give me money. I guess they think it helps fill the void of them being gone so often, but in reality- all it does is give me… well, money. Sure, I can buy computers and perfumes, clothes too but this isn’t something I do often- I save my money and keep it for college. As unnecessary as that may sound, seeing as my family is pretty wealthy, I’d rather pay for my own college fund. But on some occasions, Jessie manages to pull me out of the house to go on a shopping spree. “I said it’s a good idea. She should get here as soon as possible; your next business trip? How long will you be gone?” I asked, giving my parents an honest smile. I tried not to sound too eager. They looked confused as my father looked at his watch and my mother thought for a second. Source: http://rafikistore.tk Read more @ http://rafikistore.tk

(1) (Reply)

Irapada (A False Life Story) / Only The Mother Knows... / £5,000 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Comes To A Nigerian, See Who

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.