Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord (14843 Views)

Gionee S6s 32GB With Original Charger Or Swap With Iphone 6s / How To Prevent Your Charger Or Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking / Review: Blitzwolf Dual Usb Wall Charger Model : Bw-s2qc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by akinmusi(m): 7:10am On Jul 07, 2016
I have paid attention to some people's ignorance on this subject matter a number of times.

Let's start this way.

1. If you must use a brick:

I know that if you must use a wall or brick charger, the output specs (e.g. OUTPUT: 5V=1.0A), is very important and must not be deviated from. If you must deviate, do not alter the 5V. That must be fixed. Though the amps varies e.g. 0.500A, 0.750A, 2.0A

2. If you have to use a cable
The cable is essential. The challenge is how to identify a good cable.
I have a tip that has been working for me and I have not, after my knowledge of it, by the grace of God, bought a poor cable.
The tip is a cable that feels much flexible by touch is likely to break or disconnect or cut any moment.
Secondly, the USB end of it to the brick charger or USB port must be observed. I observe that there are two kinds. One with 2 copper (gold-like) end pins or connectors and one with 2 steel (silver-like) end pins or connectors. I go for the former. With the copper like and a strong cable, I could charge my phones or devices without the bricks using my laptop.

Note very well, before buying that charger use recommended fixed volts and amps.

The higher the amps the faster it charges your devices. The lower the amps, it won't charge fast.

However, using higher amps than recommended, that I am not so sure of its effects. But I have stumbled upon a thread that says it will last but after a long while, the battery effectiveness could be lowered in the long run BUT not as much as using a different volt.

For example a friend that used a different spec for power output for his Led TV spoilt the same TV power because he used a higher spec. A lower spec could have been better though.

In Summary:

The question is which one is important?

The answer is which ever one is available at the moment for you.

But if you must use brick, use your manufacturer's recommended charging output.

If I must use my USB to charge, I use my USB 3.0 port. I prefer that to the USB 2.0 and a copper like pins at the end end of my USB cable couple with a strong cable (strong cable not necessary but only emphasise durability of cable).

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by tochivitus(m): 7:10am On Jul 07, 2016
as for me on I will go for the USB and the head saperatly. as for me it does two things for me.
1. I can charge my phone with it,
2. I can easily detach to the cord, connect it to my system and upload/download any thing I want
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Adesiji77: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Exactly my thought. ..
More like asking between the fork and spoon, which is more important.
I think whoever vets/publishes NL posts needs to really needs to wake up, please.

Lol grin
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by emyryx(m): 7:14am On Jul 07, 2016
both are necessary.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by uwagimboo: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2016
Have this wall charger + USB cord that takes like a decade to give me 100% charge..
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Aristotle96(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Pls help. Me, my charger dy shake scatter , instead of charging, it discharge s within secs, like u see the battery percentage decreasing while its on charge... Wah could be the cause... Note battery doesn't last even wen charged full... Remedy plz? cry
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Handsomecole(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Must you put "Igbo" to describe the seller in your story?? His a seller or trader simple.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by lexyman(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2016
This is a technical question that needs a very technical response , both are important but the most important is the wall charger , choose the right specified charger for your devices . The technology behind these devices are not cheap but the fake products that has flooded the market and it has given room to competition between genuine accessory and fake ones , I will advice that avoid buying fake chargers it will damage your gadgets.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Netfad(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2016
USB cable is more important, cos u can stil do without d adaptor by charging tru Power bank or PC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by unitysheart(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2016
zubycharles:
op d both re important......after all yhu no fit drink garri without sugar

Who says garri must be smoked with sugar?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2016
Depreacherman:
This is my ministry and I can tell you that both are necessary but wall charger is more important. If you have a wall charger of 5v = 2A output with any kind of USB cord, be it original or fake it can still charge any phone fast. The difference is that some are faster and last longer but if the output of a wall charger is below 1A if you like let the USB cord be made in heaven it will be very slow in charging, in fact it may not charge some high phones. Professionally speaking!
Correct
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by marshborn(m): 7:53am On Jul 07, 2016
Handsomecole:
Must you put "Igbo" to describe the seller in your story?? His a seller or trader simple.
Don't mind the tribalistic fool, I wonder when this obsession with the igbos would end.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Icecream4U(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2016
The wall charger is more important.

But know that if you have a wall charger of say 2A, some USB cables, be it original or fake, can never deliver up-to that 2A to your phone. As a result, your phone will charge slower than expected from the 2A charger.

If the USB cable is fake, it would deliver even lower current to your phone and it spoils easily because, they are often built with weak/thin wires in them.

If you need genuine (follow come) chargers, both the wall charger and USB cable, contact me.

Whatsapp: 08123-six-7-two-two-3-six

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by encryptjay(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2016
handsomeclouds:
Very stupid_question to ask. And this made FP undecided
I tell thee
I guess he uses his tongue as USB
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by freemanbubble: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2016
it is amazing how people don't learn from experience. the rate at which a battery charges depends on the usb cord.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Gkemz: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2016
The both are all important because they complement each other as team. But if you have a system unit you can as well go for the cord if your money is not enough to go for both. In other words cord is more important.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by pressplay411(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2016
Mucokey:
Believe you me...both the wall charger cum the USB connector are necessary to enforce and enhance the correct charging of the phone. ..trial will convince you

Wall charger with detachable USB cord is a lifesaver.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by ebenholer(m): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2016
johnson4nosa:
which one is wall charger and USB again

what abt something like this....
Ur uploaded usb is a confirmed good usb, that preliminary one is a fake. Beside, mind u, not all chargers are good for ur phone but all usb are ok only that they will charge at different speed. We have charger with current of 2.0A, 1.0A, 1.2A and 1.5A. 1.0A is the generally accepted for all phones. HTC phones use this while Nokia and Windows phone use 1.5A. If ur phone uses 1.2A , do not use higher type like 1.5A or 2.0A. Effect: The life span of ur battery is definitely gonna be cut short.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2016
BOTH ARE VERY IMPORTANT.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Proffdada: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2016
Stupid question made fp
I thought wall charger is even the non detachable charger and USB is the one with power brick undecided
That mod was sleepwalking
undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by lollmaolol(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2016
brunofarad:
cheesy

I don't have a charger grin

I have 2 charger and a USB cord, I can afford to give you one, IM if you are serious. My Nairaland friend
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Larryton(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2016
If am to go by the question, I think USB is more important cos for sometimes now my wall charger is no more functioning for phone number and have been charging with my laptop although, it is a little bit slow when compared with when am charging with the charger head +charger but, it's not possible at all to charge with only charger head so, I think charger head is more important. My opinion though before someone will come and crucify me.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by allytinted: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2016
BrianRoss:
Good wall charger + good usb cord = fast and excellent charge

Bad wall charger + good usb cord = slow charging

Good wall charger + bad usb cord = slow charging

{ They both work together for good results }

I also noticed bad or poor chargers weakens your battery! So fast, you won't even see it coming, your battery will start running down so fast even after getting a good charger in the feature.
OP, this is d perfect answer to ur question. Both the cable and wall charger work hand in hand.....speaking from personal experience.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Kaysalas(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2016
Depreacherman:
This is my ministry and I can tell you that both are necessary but wall charger is more important. If you have a wall charger of 5v = 2A output with any kind of USB cord, be it original or fake it can still charge any phone fast. The difference is that some are faster and last longer but if the output of a wall charger is below 1A if you like let the USB cord be made in heaven it will be very slow in charging, in fact it may not charge some high phones. Professionally speaking!
Bro. Abeg how much u dey sell konfirm charger I don send u p.m
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Endi(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2016
What the poster actually meant is; between a charger with a detachable USB cable and one without, which one is better? He's not drawing a comparison between charger heads and USB cables.

Now to answer your question OP, you can actually get good ones in both. There are no hard and fast rules about this.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by allytinted: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Kaysalas:

Bro. Abeg how much u dey sell konfirm charger I son send u p.m
Original dual usb chord charger at SLOT (5V=3.1A is sold at 2500). Thats what im presently using.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by allytinted: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Depreacherman:
Bro I beg to disagree with you on this. If ur wall charger is good and ur USB chord is fake, the charging would be very slow rendering ur original wall charger useless and vice versal. The best is to have original wall and USB chord. Speaking from personal experimental experience.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by allytinted: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2016
Different cables are made with different wires(conductors) in them but this wires have difference resistivity to electric current. The bad cable which is made with a wire of higher resistance allows lower inflow of electric current from the wall charger which results to slower charge of battery but a good USB cable which is made with a conductor of less resistance allows the higher flow of current resulting in fast charge. From experience, having both as original is still the best.
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by annacheem: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Yea that true
Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by LuveU2(f): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2016
unitysheart:

Who says garri must be smoked with sugar?

Lol
Helo dear we need ur support for our candidate, falconey for mr nairaland 2016.

You did vote last year, u can still do it again this year darl. We are counting on people like u!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord by Tobyshegz(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
IntroVAT:
OP buy just the wall charger, then use your preek as the cor undecided
Chai...
Oga, your mind dirty oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Airtel Freebasics.com / Phone Battery Charging Without Electricity! / How My Sim Card Got Fried By A Modem I Bought ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.