Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,474 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:20 AM

How To Make A Man Fall In Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Make A Man Fall In Love (7402 Views)

What Makes A Man Fall In Love? / What Makes A Nigerian Man Fall Inlove And Marry Asian Woman?: Pls Help! / How To Make A Man Fall In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by uchemummy(f): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Some of you dont understand the question.let me give more explanation, she mean the person you are already going out with,what to do to make him love you more.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by brainwave(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2009
@poster, interesting topic

Well, I don't know if d word to use is 'make a guy fall in love' with u or as an earlier poster said 'make a guy to sway towards you'.

I'd like to share an interesting article I saw online sometimes ago, titled:Dating Secret: What Makes Men Fall in Love

See if it makes sense to you.

Dating Secret: What Makes Men Fall in Love

It's a baffling dating question: Is there some specific moment or event that makes a guy suddenly decide "Yes, I think I love her"? Well, the answer isn't clear-cut, but there are some general dating principles. "Men have certain innate needs that must be met before they truly feel connected to you," says Paul Dobransky, MD, author of "The Secret Psychology of How We Fall in Love." When a guy realizes, consciously or not, that you're ideal on all these levels, that's when he'll commit."

Boiled down,
guys have four primal relationship desires that are sometimes sated by the tiniest of dating moves by you.  
guys have four primal relationship desires that are sometimes sated by the tiniest of dating moves by you. Here, experts explain with examples so you can put these dating insights to use when your guy is at the brink.

The Desire: To Protect

Believe it or not, the so-called stoic sex is hardwired to nurture. Sheltering you from harm makes him feel studly, which makes him feel good. "Not that you should act helpless, but letting him see your vulnerable side will bring him closer because it unlocks his instincts to take care of you," says David Givens, PhD, author of "Love Signals." So give him chances to take charge, and thank him after he does. When a guy associates you with feeling like Superman, of course he'll want to couple up. These little things can draw out his hero side.

Give him a job. Ask him to fix or build you something. Performing concrete tasks is a way of bonding that enhances his sense of success.

Ask his opinion. Whether it's about your 401(k) options or the best travel sites, it telegraphs that you value his brain as much as you do his brawn.

The Desire: Freedom

Even emotionally healthy single men want assurance that their identities will stay put after they've become half a happy couple. "By making it clear that you don't expect your guy to change, he'll feel like you truly understand him but don't threaten his sense of self," says Dan Neuharth, PhD, author of "Secrets You Keep from Yourself." "That leaves him feeling on sturdy enough ground to commit." The following dating moves let him know you're no ball and chain.

Blow him off. Single men hate the idea of being tied down socially, so turn down occasional plans. He'll not only feel easier -- and open up more -- around you, but he'll also start to wonder what you're doing and pursue you more.
Share your own fears.

Guys often hold back because they think most chicks are baby-hungry ring-hunters. So if you feel nervous about committing, let him know. He'll be reassured that you're navigating new waters too, not trying to trap him.

Reinvent yourself. Little changes in your appearance now and then -- say, hair up in a ponytail one day, down the next, etc. -- remind him that you've got zillions of facets to your personality too. Read: no rut risks.

Respect his privacy. A physical space that's totally his is a huge symbol of independence to a man. Signal that you respect that by, say, staying out of desk drawers and not peeking at his caller ID when his phone rings.

The Desire: To Shine

Maybe he's cocky, but he's still insecure. Trust us, guys need to know that they're respected and appreciated. "When being around you increases a guy's esteem, both internally and in the eyes of others, he'll naturally want to be attached to you," says Dr. Dobransky. Here, things that show your high value and nudge him toward love.
Make him happier. Go to stupid movies. Drag him out when he's crabby. If you can keep things light, even during stressful times, you'll become indispensable.

Be a social butterfly. Guys are good at left-brain stuff, like sales and sports, but can get awkward when it comes to social graces. Take the lead and charm the people you meet and he'll be extra grateful to have you. But he may take credit for making those new friends, whatever.

Play mind games. Activities that require mental prowess -- like Scrabble, puzzles, and chess -- can prod his passion. It sounds nuts, but proof of your problem-solving abilities subconsciously shows him you're a desirable choice for carrying on his genes.
Act like the grand prize. Seeing you through other people's eyes reminds him how special you are. Invite him to an event where you'll excel (whether it's karaoke or a fun run), or have him stand between you and another man you think is getting too close at a bar.

The Desire: Comfort

"Falling in love is a process of developing attachment, which happens when oxytocin floods the brain," says Alan Hirsch, MD, neurological director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation. You can unleash those love hormones by making him feel like you two just "fit." When he's so comfortable with you that he stops thinking about your relationship and simply enjoys it, he'll find himself nudged into love territory.

What Yanks Him Back from the Brink

Some factors can derail a guy who's about to fall.

1) They Get a New Opportunity

A promotion often means spending more hours at work. Instead of balancing that with their love lives, guys tend to prioritize their careers and believe that a solid relationship will endure the delay. So if something big is brewing, he may hold himself back.

2) You Never Fight
Sure, guys hate arguing, but it's worse if you don't react negatively at all when he's screwed up. A guy will worry that (a) you're going to lash out later, (b) you're a doormat, or (c) you're not into him enough to care. Any of these will make him rethink your budding relationship.

3) Pure Panic
Many single men worry that if they commit, they'll have to give something up -- friends, dart night, something. So when a guy realizes he's fallen for you, he may freak out and pull away for a while. If you can weather his big-baby behavior without reacting in a way that confirms those fears, he should snap out of it.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by benlegacy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
Interesting buy me some drinks, grin
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by tatsumaru(m): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
To make a guy fall in love. Don't play "hard to get too" much.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by naylove(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
just be yourself, if he's meant to love you, he'll love u for u.
dont go the extra mile else he starts to love you for that.
just be you, and you and you.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by tokunegiye(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
see question and answer
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by qblaze(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
Show him your peepee and he'll fall in love alright.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by PAININASS: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
I don't know!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by iammodel(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
NO RULES DEAR ! BUT HERE ARE SOMW TIPS. ALWAYS LOOK GOOD, WEAR A NICE PERFUME, A UNIQUE ONE SO THAT HE CAN FEEL UR PRESENCE. THAT WILL ALSO LEAVE SOMETHING IN HIS MEMORY AND ALWAYS MAKE HIM REMEMBER U EVEN WEN U R NOT AROUND. ALWAYS BE AROUND HIM, SO THAT WHERE EVER HE TURNS , HE SEES U.TRY TO GET CLOSE TO HIM, ENGAGE IN CONSERVATION WITH, THIS WILL PROVE UR INTELLIGENCE TO HIM A GIRL ACTUALLY GAVE ME THESE SIGNS AND HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU.
GOOD LUCK.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by denny4ril: 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
get my gist! u can make urself indispensable to someone u really wanted. how? show dat u have somethin 2 offer, do not be desperate, show a little humility and u will be chased like ants after sugar. dat is pure romantic gists 4 u!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by donciccio: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2009
@sweetmum why announce it when i'm already in LOVE.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by lucian2: 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2009
Show interest in what excites him, e.g football. And most importantly be good natured and sensual.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by jasmine21(f): 1:40am On Sep 10, 2009
pls how do u guys do dat thing; where u take some1's words n put it in a box n say yours under. tried copy n paste but it didnt work. pls some1 tell me.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by THEAMAKA(f): 1:46am On Sep 10, 2009
go to the voo doo doctor, eh?
get a potion and place it on him, its that simple.

HAHAHAHA!!
grin

really, i have no idea.
the guy just has to LIKE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE!!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by mamagee5: 2:17am On Sep 10, 2009
!amebo no1:

you cant make a man fall inlove with you, its either they are into you or they are not, but a man can fall inlove with you based on what he sees

your personality

he will be the one falling inlove with that, you wont be the one making him fal inlove with it

COMON SHUT your trashy ugly mouth and go and get your filthy LovePeddler of nature called your mother out of her slutty business, stupid aids infected dimwitt.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by maedan(f): 2:27am On Sep 10, 2009
I know they say you can't make [/i]a guy fall in love, and it's true. Though there's something I noticed about some guys, when a woman compliments them a lot about something, they start to take an interest in her. When they think you're somehow into them, even if you were just being nice, they will start getting into [i]you. So, bottom line, stroke the man's ego, and he'll be yours sooner than later. But this is just a theory I'm researching - it might work for you or not!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Princek12(m): 4:30am On Sep 10, 2009
The three C's will make a man fall in love with you. But it presupposes that he has an initial attraction to you. They are: Cook (make sure you serve him the meal, preferably in sexy panties and high heels); Cut (sex, this is a must); Chat(talk to your man and make him feel comfortable). It is as simple as that.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by THEAMAKA(f): 4:32am On Sep 10, 2009
Princek12:

The three C's will make a man fall in love with you. But it presupposes that he has an initial attraction to you. They are: Cook (make sure you serve him the meal, preferably in sexy panties and high heels); Cut (sex, this is a must); Chat(talk to your man and make him feel comfortable). It is as simple as that.
it seems more like slaving and being his THANG then really getting him to fall in love.
horrible, dont follow this "advice".
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by maedan(f): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Princek12
Lmao. They said how to "make a man fall in love with you", not "how to keep your man". So, unless a woman is already dating a man who hasn't yet fallen for her, then maybe your advice would come in handy!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by zmurda(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2009
Give him all your money grin grin grin

Or better still there is one babalawo my wife used for me, he never fails. Just put the designer love potion in your perfume or scan and attach to the email Just see the wonders. Just send me the details of the man. Please include your credit card number. Babalawo doesn't collect money again. grin grin

Seriously, don't try to make a man fall in love with you. We tend to use, if you think you must, seduce subtly. As predators we go for a weakness and exploit it!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by sweetpie23: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2009
cook good food for him
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Opotuniti(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2009
maedan:

I know they say you can't make [/i]a guy fall in love, and it's true. Though there's something I noticed about some guys, when a woman compliments them a lot about something, they start to take an interest in her. When they think you're somehow into them, even if you were just being nice, they will start getting into [i]you. So, bottom line, stroke the man's ego, and he'll be yours sooner than later. But this is just a theory I'm researching - it might work for you or not!

bringing u out here!!!!
I doubt if its d same reason for the choice of name, for Vanitty. U know Opotuniti is d key, wen u miss ur opotuniti, u might just wait till eternity, so i dey shine my eyes well well, vigilant maximising evrything around me.

Concerning, makin a guy fall for you, You can ofcourse, talking from experience, u know how u ladies do things but what i doubt is the compliments issue because if na dat one, meaning all d babes wey compliment my dressing, charisma go do recieve asking outs. But for sure if a lady wanna get you, Dey av their ways to succed.

Cheers!!!
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by maedan(f): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
Lol, okay, Oportuniti, it's good to have a positive name after all.

Well, that my suggestion only goes for self-important and vain men, who put great stock in compliments. So when a woman tells them, oh, I like the way you play the guitar in church, I wish I could play like that, or, the way you dress is very classy etc, this gets the man's attention and he starts noticing the woman and finding little things about her he likes.

If the girl wants him and is wise, she can now "fire down", continue by winning his affections with calls, good cooking, presents and in fact, over all attention. But this is for those desperate girls oooo. In general, no one is supposed to make anyone do anything. In life, love has to be natural. All or nothing, you know wink.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by toyinabi: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
The best thing is that, the LOVE should be natural i.e without any manupulation. If not, both party will not enjoy the love affair at the end.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by kidsam: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
tell him you love him and ask if he would love you

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Opotuniti(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
maedan:

Lol, okay, Oportuniti, it's good to have a positive name after all.

Well, that my suggestion only goes for self-important and vain men, who put great stock in compliments. So when a woman tells them, oh, I like the way you play the guitar in church, I wish I could play like that, or, the way you dress is very classy etc, this gets the man's attention and he starts noticing the woman and finding little things about her he likes.

If the girl wants him and is wise, she can now "fire down", continue by winning his affections with calls, good cooking, presents and in fact, over all attention. But this is for those desperate girls oooo. In general, no one is supposed to make anyone do anything. In life, love has to be natural. All or nothing, you know wink.

Preach it preacher or ride on pastor smiley
True talk anyway, all or nothing- for that i dont know. Frankly speaking, met a gurl dat i was like WOW, i mean wanted to get down wit her, i cant say i love her as in love itself, eventually we helped each other. Anyhow, its all for good, enjoy urself wisely sha though jara dey enta from side.

Cheers
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by GboGboAye: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2009
shave ur toto so it doesn't stink. They can smell it from afar.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Pataki: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2009
@ topic,

Never ever make a man fall in love. It comes naturally for a man. If you induce it as a woman, it hardly ever lasts.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by tamtam2: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
its a combo of ewa and iwa.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by junero: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
be friendly,be loving to every one around u and always look charming, i dont mean wearing mini-skirt all around,putting on bandless jeans , rem, always be ur self, tke care
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Yumi(f): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
Be yourself and don't be a doormat. No man really loves a woman he can walk all over. If he wanted something to step on he would buy a doormat. Men want a woman that supports them but will challenge them to grow and become a better person. Thats whats really the best thing if a man wants a doormat or you to be something you are not then he doesn't really love you so no point being with him anyway.
Re: How To Make A Man Fall In Love by Yumi(f): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
It will drive him nuts cause other women will bore him with their doormat behaviour. Be fair though don't be overly confrontational.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

overated!! NEXT!! / Girls: Have You Ever Been Caught Walking Around The House Naked? / Why Are Most Ladies Like This ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.