Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Kind Of Snake Is This? - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Kind Of Snake Is This? (54722 Views)

What Specie Of Snake Is This? / What Specie Of Snake Is This? / Mind Blowing: What Kind Of Creature Is This? - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Irishrena1(f): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
[quote author=obiak4 post=47274310][/quote]

Hmm only you beaten by three snakes and stung by a scorpion. Do you live in the jungle?
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Irishrena1(f): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:
This snakes are just much here, I don't normally kill them just thAt this one crossed the line. I released these ones when I caught them.
I just noticed that I released a viper back in backyard.
OP why do you handle snakes like this na
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by JoBabs(m): 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Untrue

Really? We don't need to debate on it much, u can simply try it.... chikena...
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:
abia
Umuahia

Aaarrhhhhhhhh. Thank u so much for this info. make I write am join my list of snake dominated places I won't dare near in my life and to think Susan and Mimi wan invite me to Absu. Wicked gals!
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Ravenna: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:
shey u get antivenom for cytoxim
I don drink am finish. You for talk since na?!
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Jok3r(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:
but black mamba have their inside mouth black but this one is not black

not all black mambas mouth re black... dont forget there are lots of species of dem
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Irishrena1:

OP why do you handle snakes like this na
How should I have handled it?
This is a small python.

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Irishrena1(f): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:

How should I have handled it?
This is a small python.
Chai. Sends chills through my body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
Irishrena1:

Chai. Sends chills through my body.
Y
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Irishrena1(f): 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
Movingcoil:

Y
Those creatures I dread them
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Noobsaibot8(m): 1:24am On Jul 07, 2016
GogetterMD:
Judging from a generalized classification, it's non-venomous cause of its rounded eyes, compared to the diamond shaped eyes of venomous species.
Again, it's just a rough guess.
u can eat the bile and find out. that's also a rough guess.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Obowian: 2:16am On Jul 07, 2016
Movingcoil:
This snakes are just much here, I don't normally kill them just thAt this one crossed the line. I released these ones when I caught them.
I just noticed that I released a viper back in backyard.
Bro those cold blooded animals don't bite you
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by makaveli902: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2016
GogetterMD:
Judging from a generalized classification, it's non-venomous cause of its rounded eyes, compared to the diamond shaped eyes of venomous species.
Again, it's just a rough guess.

Clap for yourself my guy!! So cos a snake has round eyes it is not poisonous abi, next when you see a snake in your environment check to see if it has round eyes before u kill it. SMH.....
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by GogetterMD(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2016
makaveli902:

Clap for yourself my guy!! So cos a snake has round eyes it is not poisonous abi, next when you see a snake in your environment check to see if it has round eyes before u kill it. SMH.....
undecided

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by obiak4(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2016
Irishrena1:

Hmm only you beaten by three snakes and stung by a scorpion. Do you live in the jungle?
Kwasi dooo
classis Yea am a survivor
Escaped bokoharam from Bornu when posted BY nysc,
Redeployed to benue thatz the story,
Not at a time oooo 6,4,3 months intervals.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by MRBrownJ: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
yeah i certainly had no ideas that such dangerous venomous snakes could be found in Nigeria. thanks again NLers, but sadly, such info would now make me stay well away from the village trip.

i remember a few yrs ago, someone on NL wrote that there was a handful of LIONS in the wild in Nigeria, and i laughed at the statement saying that he must be high or possibly dreaming... only to be "schooled" that it was true!!!! so, lions and venomous snakes in Nigerian, i am only waiting for someone to tel me that there are also wild elephants too.

such a shame that it is never mentioned when talking about the beauty/diversity of Nigeria
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ayodejiadetoro(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please can any one in the house tell what kind of snake this is? And is it venomous?

Found it in my garden. I crushed its head before I could take a good look the shape of its Iris or fangs.

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ayodejiadetoro(m): 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Stormyweather(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2016
please o, whats that slimy reptile that is smaller that the average adult lizard called? The ones lagosians call 'snake servant' and whats it's role in life? OP you remind me of my favourite star of Nat Geo wild 'Austin stevens' nicely done. Let us not forget o that in Nigeria there are 3 kinds of snakes: the venomous, non venomous and the one sent from your villagers.
Na joke o
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by drewxx88(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:
yeah i certainly had no ideas that such dangerous venomous snakes could be found in Nigeria. thanks again NLers, but sadly, such info would now make me stay well away from the village trip.

i remember a few yrs ago, someone on NL wrote that there was a handful of LIONS in the wild in Nigeria, and i laughed at the statement saying that he must be high or possibly dreaming... only to be "schooled" that it was true!!!! so, lions and venomous snakes in Nigerian, i am only waiting for someone to tel me that there are also wild elephants too.

such a shame that it is never mentioned when talking about the beauty/diversity of Nigeria
Actually there are wild elephants in Nigeria ... There are in some parts of Ondo state the state owned forest reserve ,Edo state Okomu national park , Crossriver state ,Taraba state both in their respective National parks , Bauchi state @ the state owned wildlife sanctuary ...
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
ayodejiadetoro:
Please can any one in the house tell what kind of snake this is? And is it venomous?

Found it in my garden. I crushed its head before I could take a good look the shape of its Iris or fangs.
a viper can't be that long. It is probably a python. A non venomous snake that is harmless to humans.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ayodejiadetoro(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Movingcoil:
a viper can't be that long. It is probably a python. A non venomous snake that is harmless to humans.
You think it's non-venomous? I hope so. Because I've seen couple of them in my garden. Love the look and texture of the skin though. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New working MTN 20GB And 25700naira Cheat For 20naira Only With Photo / Monitor Lizard Disturbing My Neighborhood Killed At Last(pix) / Nigerian Men Fabricate Sound Proof Noise Cancellation Box For Generator (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.