Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra (19277 Views)

Herdsmen Cut Off Woman's Ear In Edo For Resisting Rape This Morning (Graphic) / Woman Bites Off Lady's Ear In Bayelsa As Her Ear Gets Chopped Off. Graphic PICS / Armed Robbers Chop Off The Hand Of A Man In Yobe Who Didn't Give Them Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by iamkingzlee(m): 8:14am On Jul 06, 2016
AWKA—The Divisional Police Officer for Ajali in Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra State (names withheld) had one of his ears chopped off and was stripped naked for attempting to arrest members of a notorious robbery gang.

The said DPO had led his team to the den of the nine-man gang that had been terrorising Nanka, also in Orumba North, for years.

Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Awkuzu Okechukwu, said that following a raid on Nanka community, Ifedilichukwu Nwankwo, Chidi Nwankwo and Udoye Kenechukwu were arrested after previous attempts by the police from Force CID, Abuja, and Zone 9 Headquarters, Umuahia, to arrest them failed.

Parading members of the gang at the headquarters of the State Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Awkuzu Okechukwu said: “A team led by the DPO was ambushed at Nanka by the gang, when they went to effect the arrest.

“The DPO was robbed of his handset and money. He was stripped naked and one of his ears chopped off. His official uniform was equally torn to shreds. The gang also burnt down a police Hilux SUV.”

The police image maker added that the DPO, who narrowly escaped death, is currently receiving treatment in a hospital.

According to the PPRO, several cases of armed robbery, kidnapping, rape and assassination, were traced to the gang He added that it was for that reason that the police detectives mobilised men to arrest the suspects at Nanka.

Okechukwu said that it was Nwankwo’s gang that also killed one Okechukwu Udezuka of Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area and one Ebuka at Tarzan area of Nkpor, near Onitsha, in February 2, 2014.

He added that in the course of investigation of the deaths, two suspects, Emmanuel Nwabudu and Chogozie Nweke, confessed that Ifedilichukwu Nwankwo and his gang killed the victims.

He said that every attempt by the police to arrest members of the gang since then had not been successful until the attempt by the DPO. He said with the arrest, Nanka community had been liberated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/robbers-chop-off-dpos-ear-anambra/

1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Sorry MR DPO.. gringrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by olajorn(m): 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by KingTom(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Abeg wey the ear Dey e get some boys wey wan pay top dollar for that ear. Abeg make una help me find the ear. Ears been taking punishment since biblical times grin grin. I cover my ear with the Blood of Jesus cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Twaci(f): 8:20am On Jul 06, 2016
A robbery gang chopped off a DPO's ear shocked shocked

Naija what now?

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2016
KingTom:
Abeg wey the ear Dey e get some boys wey wan pay top dollar for that ear. Abeg make una help me find the ear. Ears been taking punishment since biblical times grin grin. I cover my ear with the Blood of Jesus cheesy
Blood of Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Dahjhi: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan oo..

BushMeat Done Catch The Hunter... Sorry DPO.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by prodiG(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2016
Nothing wey person no go hear for naija

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by ugosonics: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2016
[size=30pt]what is happening[/size]
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Lucario007(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2016
This is the weirdest thing I've read all week.
Honestly though, of what use was the unnecessary brutality behind cutting off a man's ear? Was it to send a message or was it just because they feel the need to be vindictive?
If anything, all they have done is made a vicious enemy in the DPO who will see to it that he seeks retribution for his loss.
Sincerest regards to the DPO, rest assured, those lunatics will get what they deserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Ddonoflife(m): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2016
eeya so his bravery cost him his ear,quick Recovery Mr Dpo.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by harrysjones(m): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2016
we never see the ear.. lol...has any body see the picture of the ear cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by winj: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
robber AND dpo?
Why the difference, are police officers not robbers.

4 Likes

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by mryemite(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
hummmmmn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by markDT2(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
wickedness

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by nicedas(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Wasted sperm
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by itslinkin4005(m): 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
That's good for them
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Umarlulu: 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
But the robbers bad to much burn hilux flog am again Wat pains me more us where dey chp DPO ear why name? Chain this robbers hungry to much
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Itzurboi(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Hmmm, fear catch me ooo... i cover my ear with d blood of jesos, xo the dpo and our presido don dy the same league
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Vendoor(f): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Maybe him no dey hear word... grin

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Berrylite: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Project400: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Barbarically absurd!!

What's the aim of the barbaric act?
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by nintal(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
I hate this phrase POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by 007Nasky(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
wht appen
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by YoungLete(m): 8:31am On Jul 06, 2016
When a DPO is not even safe...
God help us.

#eledaspeak

4 Likes

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by arowstev2000: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2016
where's the pics or I dt believe
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by ajebuter(f): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
Thank god say na only one ear..

Never mind oga DPO : another one will grow...

Chai...80% of Naija police and armed robbers are....(abeg borrow me that Jacob Zuma meme with his two fingers jare.)..

ASP George Iyamu and armed robber Lawrence Anini come to mind...

1 Like

Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by Pasche1: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
You mean we can't access NL without browser again?
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
IMAGINE THE IMPETUS
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by passionate88: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
Buhari sef, where the security?
Re: Robbers Chop Off Dpo's Ear In Anambra by famo19: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2016
oga ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Selling Drugs To Schoolchildren / Security Agencies Detain Reverend Father Timothy Ngwuta Since 2021 Without Trial / Court Jails 10 Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.