Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (52766 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 16 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
Toscoas2:

It's not up to an hour, I think around 30mins. you can take sansanwon (free ride), if you are a corper, but don't forget your Nysc cap. last time I took before I left Akwa Ibom, dt was last year Oct. #300
they would drop you at Atabong park in Eket.
thanks
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by loshybab(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2016
I still crave to see a governor dt wl tackle d rampant roadside dumpin in my state nationally tagged 'the dirtiest state' bt really is not.grin
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by loshybab(m): 12:43am On Aug 27, 2016
Soleymania:
I works there as a site engineer, level of poverty so much that just roasted plantain and chicken can get their girls to bed. The elites rides on d illiterates, they see Lagos like heaven, 50% of them are myopic, have never been outside of d state, roads are good really, but what's d size of d capital? U can finish all road projects.. within an hour u can tour uyo.. they are not exposed, their men very lazy,arrogant. Anyone from Lagos (yorubas) are like gods to thier girls,if U con get car,jeep. Dia best estate is just like bodija estate in ibadan,no private tv.. silverbird cinema Na like heaven to them. If u have keke for commercial u b big boy,can date enough girls, a 30 yr old guy can still be an undergraduate, mapoly abeokuta better pass uni uyo. My first time in market ,de asked are u a corper.. majority doesn't expect strangers, except corpers..most businesses are runned by igbos,they are lazy. Akpabio Na like demi god..road from Abia Na death trap.. ask corpers.....the state is far behind...... [color=#006600][/color]
Your secription fits a state in d NorthEastern region of Naija....what a comparison
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Toscoas2(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
gommex:
thanks

Guy, I think it is a good thing to expose your childish approach here, instead of looking for my female frnds to date, why not walking on street and choose ur choice. for ur info don't ever in ur life mail me let alone asking for such stupid linkup. Were omo.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Toscoas2:

Guy, I think it is a good thing to expose your childish approach here, instead of looking for my female frnds to date, why not walking on street and choose ur choice. for ur info don't ever in ur life mail me let alone asking for such stupid linkup. Were omo.
thank u brother, may God continue to bless u
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Intanet(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2016
This post has been deleted permanently
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2017
TSOM:

What year and which area?

That's not true. The ITAM-ITU axis enjoy near-constant power supply. Same with Udua Ekpa, Nelson Mandela, the Ikot Ekpene road axis, Oron road axis, Nwaniba road axis and so forth. Abak Road has a better power supply than most parts of Nigeria.

If there was no light where and when you served in Uyo, the only tenable reason is distribution - the transformer(s) in your area was/were faulty and the members of that community were not proactive enough to insist those incharge rectify the fault(s).

Can I have your number pls..?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by TSOM(m): 11:23pm On May 26, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Can I have your number pls..?

I'm sort curious as to why you'd want it.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 11:25pm On May 26, 2017
TSOM:

OK... you call me on 08136342124
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 11:25pm On May 26, 2017
TSOM:

OK... you can send me a pm.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by TSOM(m): 11:28pm On May 26, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

OK... you can send me a pm.

I meant, do give a hint as to why you want my mobile number. If it's something I can help with I'd oblige your request.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2017
TSOM:

I meant, do give a hint as to why you want my mobile number. If it's something I can help with I'd oblige your request.

It seems you know a lot about akwa ibom. I bought a palm kernel crushing machine that runs on a 50 horsepower motor. I live in kogi and I'm finding it difficult to get a constant supply of oil as a result of incessant power supply. It seems you guys have constant electricity and abundant palm products. If I were to relocate to Akwa ibom, which local government area will you recommend ? a place with constant electricity and palm kernel supply ?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by TSOM(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

I had an inkling it'd be something of sort. Send me an e-mail then, we'd converse from there.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

It seems you know a lot about akwa ibom. I bought a palm kernel crushing machine that runs on a 50 horsepower motor. I live in kogi and I'm finding it difficult to get a constant supply of oil as a result of incessant power supply. It seems you guys have constant electricity and abundant palm products. If I were to relocate to Akwa ibom, which local government area will you recommend ? a place with constant electricity and palm kernel supply ?
Hello sir.
Am into palm oil milling
I think Mbiaya Uruan will be ideal for you to set up your factory. There is constant electric power due to the present of Akwaprime (a company that is into poultry, hatching day oil, fabrication of feed and running of cold room.
Mbiaya Uruan have abundant palm plantation

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by abbeyforex(m): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
6 sets of this imported layer's cage is available for sale in Ibadan, check my signature for my contact and PM me if you are interested

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
jideex555:
it ain't CORPER friendly atal, I was robbed @ gunpoint in IK, things r expensive once they knw you r a corp member, they pay 10k buh now its 5k

Sorry about that bro.
But in Benue State family house was robbed
I doubt if such can happen in Akwa Ibom State
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
menwongo:

Hello sir.
Am into palm oil milling
I think Mbiaya Uruan will be ideal for you to set up your factory. There is constant electric power due to the present of Akwaprime (a company that is into poultry, hatching day oil, fabrication of feed and running of cold room.
Mbiaya Uruan have abundant palm plantation

Thanks for your enlightenment. How far is Mbiaya uruan from uyo ? I will want to live in the capital but can easily drive to my factory. Somebody suggested Ikot abasi a village in Eket he said they have a large power plant and about 18 to 24 hours electricity.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Thanks for your enlightenment. How far is Mbiaya uruan from uyo ? I will want to live in the capital but can easily drive to my factory. Somebody suggested Ikot abasi a village in Eket he said they have a large power plant and about 18 to 24 hours electricity.

20 minutes drive.
Concerning electricity I think we have the highest due to Akwaprime, all the incubator and cold room run on it: State government need to give Mbiaya Uruan the highest electricity ratio
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
menwongo:

20 minutes drive.
Concerning electricity I think we have the highest due to Akwaprime, all the incubator and cold room run on it: State government need to give Mbiaya Uruan the highest electricity ratio

Thanks for your prompt response. How cheap is their land over there ?.. You sell red oil you said, can you educate me on the third grade of oil ( The sludge) Why do you still sell it ? is it for soap makers ?.. Thank you..
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Thanks for your prompt response. How cheap is their land over there ?.. You sell red oil you said, can you educate me on the third grade of oil ( The sludge) Why do you still sell it ? is it for soap makers ?.. Thank you..

From #200,000 upward depending how close it is to major road. But a factory like this needs farming area (for expansion) which can go for #100,000 to #150,000 a plot.

Yes 3rd grade oil is use for soap marking and mixing of pig feed locally. 3rd grade oil is produce by covering the palm fruit fiber for a day with clothes. This is later press as small oil with bad odour will come out.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
menwongo:

From #200,000 upward depending how close it is to major road. But a factory like this needs farming area (for expansion) which can go for #100,000 to #150,000 a plot.

Yes 3rd grade oil is use for soap marking and mixing of pig feed locally. 3rd grade oil is produce by covering the palm fruit fiber for a day with clothes. This is later press as small oil with bad odour will come out.

wow ! cheap plot of land..... How much is a drum of sludge ? I'm sorry I ask too many question, just being curious..
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

wow ! cheap plot of land..... How much is a drum of sludge ? I'm sorry I ask too many question, just being curious..

It's #85,500
Now oil is costly
Around February n match it #70,000

No need being sorry. Ask any questions as am ready to answer them
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by CosmeticChemist(m): 8:15am On Jun 02, 2017
menwongo:

It's #85,500 Now oil is costly Around February n match it #70,000

No need being sorry. Ask any questions as am ready to answer them
Thank you. If I have more question I will get back to you.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Changsen(f): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Wow, that was great research about Akwa Ibom state. I love this state so much because of its neatness, I am not from this state neither am I from Nigeria, but seeing these deep facts makes me so impressed. Uyo is one of the cities I love visiting each time I come to Nigeria, the people are so hospitable and honest. God Bless Akwa Ibom State, God Bless Nigeria and God bless my beautiful country Cameroon.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Bofoy4(m): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Soleymania:
I works there as a site engineer, level of poverty so much that just roasted plantain and chicken can get their girls to bed. The elites rides on d illiterates, they see Lagos like heaven, 50% of them are myopic, have never been outside of d state, roads are good really, but what's d size of d capital? U can finish all road projects.. within an hour u can tour owerri .. they are not exposed, their men very lazy,arrogant. Anyone from Lagos (yorubas) are like gods to thier girls,if U con get car,jeep. Dia best estate is just like bodija estate in ibadan,no private tv.. silverbird cinema Na like heaven to them. If u have keke for commercial u b big boy,can date enough girls, a 30 yr old guy can still be an undergraduate, mapoly abeokuta better pass futo . My first time in market ,de asked are u a corper.. majority doesn't expect strangers, except corpers,they are lazy. Rochas Na like demi god..road from Abia Na death trap.. ask corpers.....the state is far behind...... [color=#006600][/color]
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Bofoy4(m): 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Soleymania:
I works there as a site engineer, level of poverty so much that just roasted plantain and chicken can get their girls to bed. The elites rides on d illiterates, they see Lagos like heaven, 50% of them are myopic, have never been outside of d state, roads are good really, but what's d size of d capital? U can finish all road projects.. within an hour u can tour uyo.. they are not exposed, their men very lazy,arrogant. Anyone from Lagos (yorubas) are like gods to thier girls,if U con get car,jeep. Dia best estate is just like bodija estate in ibadan,no private tv.. silverbird cinema Na like heaven to them. If u have keke for commercial u b big boy,can date enough girls, a 30 yr old guy can still be an undergraduate, mapoly abeokuta better pass uni uyo. My first time in market ,de asked are u a corper.. majority doesn't expect strangers, except corpers..most businesses are runned by igbos,they are lazy. Akpabio Na like demi god..road from Abia Na death trap.. ask corpers.....the state is far behind...... [color=#006600][/color]
wizard with n50 suya i can fu€k ur mama if u are doubting go ask her. Our girls better pass ur ashawo mother
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by BECALMBECALM(m): 1:15am On Jun 26, 2017
Wow! I am begining to love Akwa ibom state.@Menwongo i will like to chat with you. I am interested in doing business in Akwa ibom state . I like your simplicity and openess.

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
BECALMBECALM:
Wow! I am begining to love Akwa ibom state.@Menwongo i will like to chat with you. I am interested in doing business in Akwa ibom state . I like your simplicity and openess.
am most loyal. you are welcome any time any day
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
Changsen:
Wow, that was great research about Akwa Ibom state. I love this state so much because of its neatness, I am not from this state neither am I from Nigeria, but seeing these deep facts makes me so impressed. Uyo is one of the cities I love visiting each time I come to Nigeria, the people are so hospitable and honest. God Bless Akwa Ibom State, God Bless Nigeria and God bless my beautiful country Cameroon.
this nice of you sis.
Akwa Ibom is nothing without southern Cameroon.
Southern Cameroon are nothing without Akwa Ibom.
Qouters check your history before you argue.
Mbaba
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by BECALMBECALM(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Ok.How can i contact you?Are you on watsapp?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by menwongo(m): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
BECALMBECALM:
Ok.How can i contact you?Are you on watsapp?
Ya. 07064674174
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ayoswit:
where are d akwaibomites?
i'm here. Etie didie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos) / Fishermen That Rescued Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.