Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (67555 Views)

Soldiers Arrest CJTF Members With Guns At Boundary Between Taraba And Benue.PICS / Meet The Isobos, The Igbo Speaking Tribe Of Obubra LGA Of Cross River State / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by eyeview: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

You are right about Igbo speaking but it doesn't mean one ethnic group. We(Nigerians) are English speaking but not English people. Hope you understand.
I have said this time and time again unapologetically about you. Iwu ezigbo otile.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by seguno2: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
attackgat:
It was a true depiction of the people that the British identified as Igbos

Good observation.
It may (or may not) mean that the people also identified themselves as Igbos then or even now.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Onegai(f): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chukazu:

France and Israel support for Biafra was purely moral and financial, not building rockets for them.. and certainly not supplying such as well or how could they have done that with sea and air blockade? National war museum is there if you are still in doubt

Talk of support, the Gowon government had it all and yet they never built any thing
the very best of Nigerian army division are located in the north and west still

when you think of Genuine industrial ingenuity (not imported) one still can't look beyond Aba and Nnewi in the east.

when I talk of space, there has been deliberate attempt to strangle the southeast economically.. by making sure we have no access to the (one of the things the Op highlighted) sea, making sure we never had a viable international airport when other regions have theirs...
we have been allotted five-state region while others have more, you still can't see the evil of Nigerian system?
or you forgot about #20pounds?

can you have the best of school when you don't have an economy to start with?
policies are made from center not state.
the school you mentioned are sustained with endowment fund-you see the link?

What stops your Governors from developing their states? At some point Lagos state was pushed away from Federal Funding and they survived. No-one has ever denied your state governments funding, why are your Governors not making you guys great?

Nothing in this world stops your state government from developing your markets and industries. No-one will legislate against it. But the collective greed of all civil servants coupled with the self-serving behaviour has Igbos fooled into thinking they have an issue with the centre.

Start demanding good schools and tax incentives from your state governments. Let every state raise funds and determine how they will spend it. All this ches0t-beating you guys are fighting here, your governor will attend the wedding of some Northern Oligarch, cut a deal with them, enrich himself at your expense, then come out to help you about that he is marginalized.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by balosunky(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
ayzTIGER:
Yorubas are already on rampage to twist the truth on thread that doesnt concern them
wetin concern yoruba again now.stop being immature can't the niger delta decide themself which one be yoruba own

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Spells(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ok oh cry
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by SIRmuel86(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
pacino26:

You sound very responsible and reasonable to foolish people.
O boy see finishing
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Baroba(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
PRXPERT:
The truth remains sacrosanct! But I tell you, ikwerre are not igbo, they have counted emselves out! Please let allow them to be who they want to be!!! I don't want them into igbo family... they said they are iwurohoiha descendants of Akalaka a bini warrior! They migrated to the ikwere land today, and even outnumber the bini people themselves!! Please let them be!!! When the chips are down! They will know what they have done to themselves! They hate igbos sooo much!! They are not igbo and can never be!!

Most Igbo peeps aint interested whether Ikwere consider themselves or not, we have bigger stuff to worry about, just for the record you don't speak for them.. Don't have a stroke trying to tell us how much you hate Ndigbo, we don't really care....
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by ZUBY77(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
PRXPERT:
The truth remains sacrosanct! But I tell you, ikwerre are not igbo, they have counted emselves out! Please let allow them to be who they want to be!!! I don't want them into igbo family... they said they are iwurohoiha descendants of Akalaka a bini warrior! They migrated to the ikwere land today, and even outnumber the bini people themselves!! Please let them be!!! When the chips are down! They will know what they have done to themselves! They hate igbos sooo much!! They are not igbo and can never be!!

You don't count yourself out in situations like this.
Language, culture proximity; these are the things that count you out or in.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princesweetman2(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
THE REAL MAP OF NIGERIA - ETHNIC

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by funshint(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
woow! Even my community in rivers state is part of the igbo speaking area on this map, believe me this is the real map of igboland... Na politics we dey play here for rivers oh
hp u read d key inside d map very well?? u'll see dat Igbo speaking areas are enclosed, landlocked and demarcated by d discontinuous line.
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by rano1000(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Hmm
hmmm mtchew wetin carry this thing come here sef
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Emancipation: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
princesweetman2:
THE REAL MAP OF NIGERIA - ETHNIC

Please take this nonsense map and throw it in the dust bin. It looks like those color maps done by nursery school children.

Every Nigerian is now an expert in telling us who is Igbo and who is not and where their land begins and stops.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by balosunky(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
attackgat:

Don't you actually see the flaw in that argument of yours? A people speak Igbo (or a dialect closely related to Igbo) as their ancestral language and have Igbo surnames. Surely this must tell you these are people who descended from a common ancestry. Our surnames are like DNA handed down by our ancestors. There maybe Ijoid tribes that adopted European names but that is a different matter. So how can someone have the surname Wike ( Nwa-Ike), Wanjoku (Nwanjoku) and Wanny (Nwa-Ani) and there is still any argument about their ancestry? Because they didn't add the 'N'? If Ikwerre like, they can claim to be descendants of the American Red Indians. If Ogba likes, they can claim to be from Soweto. Anyone can make any claim they like and be whatever they want to be but no one should make up stories or lies in the process. Igbo n'abughi Igbo is as stupid as it sounds.
stop saying trash Balogun is a yoruba name meaning chief of defense yet u hear ppl from edo,delta even some fulanis bears the name does that mean they are yoruba
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by obaino860: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Suntzung:
Ipob land grabers, SS's be careful those Ugandans Would soon claim ancestral ownership of you land and all the oyel we de there!

Go and meet your aboki brothers.....ss/ SE are united since 1903
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Kirigidi(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pedrop:
With their evil plots they created wrong geographical names to refer to wrong geographical divisions.

They couldn't even call it southern south, all their amala and tuwo brains could bring out was south south.

Then in their bid to quench Biafra all in the propaganda that Igbos are landlocked as their offsprings are shouting upadan, they refered location right of Akwa/Cross( south south though ideally should be refered south East) as south East. What ewedu and tuwo brains have we been living with as co citizens
Mr man, there is nothing like "southern south" in geography; dat is a wrong coinage!
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by IRserveMyComent(f): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Abagworo:

You are right about Igbo speaking but it doesn't mean one ethnic group. We(Nigerians) are English speaking but not English people. Hope you understand.

but all the Hausa speaking people and Yoruba speaking people are one ethnic group right? look at your brainless head!

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by BankeSmalls(f): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:

What stops your Governors from developing their states? At some point Lagos state was pushed away from Federal Funding and they survived. No-one has ever denied your state governments funding, why are your Governors not making you guys great?

Nothing in this world stops your state government from developing your markets and industries. No-one will legislate against it. But the collective greed of all civil servants coupled with the self-serving behaviour has Igbos fooled into thinking they have an issue with the centre.

Start demanding good schools and tax incentives from your state governments. Let every state raise funds and determine how they will spend it. All this ches0t-beating you guys are fighting here, your governor will attend the wedding of some Northern Oligarch, cut a deal with them, enrich himself at your expense, then come out to help you about that he is marginalized.

Hey, why are my yoruba people ready to commit suicide in Ibo man business everytime, dem do juju for una with ibo man matter

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by johnpaulemeka: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Igbo Land... a land of promise...a land where milk and honey are flowing.
In my next world, I will still like to be an Igbo man... sadIgbo Land... a land of promise...a land where milk and honey are flowing.
In my next world, I will still like to be an Igbo man...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by 9inches(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
I speak my Anambra Igbo when I go to Ndoni, Rivers state and they understand it well. By the way Ndoni is few minutes (20mins I guess) from Onitsha by speed boat. Makes more sense why Peter Odili had his secondary education in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princesweetman2(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Emancipation:

Please take this nonsense map and throw it in the dust bin. It looks like those color maps done by nursery school children.

Every Nigerian is now an expert in telling us who is Igbo and who is not and where their land begins and stops.

SPACE BOOKED
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by princesweetman2(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Emancipation:

DUDE ,, WHETHER U LYK IT OR NOT ,, IGBO ETHNIC MAP IS LANDLOCKED AND THEY CAN'T ACCESS D CONTINENTAL SHELFS OF NIGERIA WTOUT ENTERING NEIGHBOURING STATE(S) ..

D SOUTHSOUTH IS AN EXTENSION OF D YORUBA RACE AND DEY (IKWERRE) WUD NEVER IDENTIFY WITH THE IGBOS

CHECK D NAME OF VILLAGES IN SS TO CONFAM .. cool
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Emancipation: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
9inches:
I speak my Anambra Igbo when I go to Ndoni, Rivers state and they understand it well. By the way Ndoni is few minutes (20mins I guess) from Onitsha by speed boat. Makes more sense why Peter Odili had his secondary education in Onitsha.

My maternal grandmother is an Ndoni woman. I was there in 2012 for burial and I was speaking Igbo with them fluently. They also don't have that Igbo denial syndrome. Very nice and friendly group. Free hearted.

2 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by OmoIgala: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is the Actual Ethnic Map / Tribes of Nigeria as Identified by Ethnologue

Ibo Igbo / Yoruba / Hausa / Fula Fulani / Gbagyi Gbari Gwari / Nupe (And Dibo) / Ebira / Igala / Tiv / Kanuri / Idoma / Itsekiri / Ijaw / Urhobo / Efik Etc

The problem with our people is that History and Nigerian focused geography is not taught in schools leaving rooms for confusion to thrive everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by luggy(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
joeprince23:
any village that speaks igbo (no matter the dialect) as their 1st language are igbos,wether in ebonyi rivers delta or imo. However in states like rivers(my own state),people and communities will always want to protect their interest... Can you believe in my lga (oyigbo rivers state) we now have 1. Asa ethnic nationality and 2. Ndoki ethnic nationality. But my dad thought me that ndoki are umu asa(ndoki are children of asa) in the igbo nation. Ogba man from onelga is an ogba ethnic nationality while those from imo(oguta) are simply igbos. We have a big problem in this our so called niger delta
please correct ur self, name Oyibo is a political name, the true real name is obigbo. ask Google
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Pedrop: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Kirigidi:
Mr man, there is nothing like "southern south" in geography; dat is a wrong coinage!

Mr man, i didn't say southern south is correct. I only said it sounded more pleasing and acceptable than south south the evil plotters coined. South south and southern south are wrong but to choose among the two, a sane and sound mind will take southern south as it gives more meaning than south south.

They were drunk on ewedu and Amala when they brought that term south south.

Evil people, hope u are not from there ? U left the message to discuss perceived error.

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by BankeSmalls(f): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
princesweetman2:

DUDE ,, WHETHER U LYK IT OR NOT ,, IGBO ETHNIC MAP IS LANDLOCKED AND THEY CAN'T ACCESS D CONTINENTAL SHELFS OF NIGERIA WTOUT ENTERING NEIGHBOURING STATE(S) ..

D SOUTHSOUTH IS AN EXTENSION OF D YORUBA RACE AND DEY (IKWERRE) WUD NEVER IDENTIFY WITH THE IGBOS

We the yoruba own Port harcot, grin grin grin grin

Rumuola junction is my grandfather village (Olaleye) yet we are from Osogbo cheesy
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Emancipation: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
princesweetman2:

Only in your dreams that igbos are landlocked. Your 40 years propaganda has failed woefully in the Information Age. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by 9inches(m): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Emancipation:

My maternal grandmother is an Ndoni woman. I was there in 2012 for burial and I was speaking Igbo with them fluently. They also don't have that Igbo denial syndrome. Very nice and friendly group. Free hearted.

Free hearted and welcoming, I tell you. I always overstay my visits anytime I go there. tongue
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pedrop: OMG!!All this while i'v been deceived by his surname, i never knew lai muhammed is a yoruba. Oduduwa's story is not complete yet, there is more to oduduwa's story ( lies and lies he told ) which has been omitted intentionally. No wonder ! Igbo ga adi.
Man, Lai was extracted from Olayiwola i.e Layi or Lai
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by obaino860: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
Suntzung:
Ipobi it pains u i see, but why NDA not attacking SE states only ND area?

is IMO state s/s
Re: Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People by luggy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
imagine. , Name call Oyigbo in rivers was political, the natural and real name is obigbo. ask Google

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% / Aisha Buhari Visits Mbaka In Enugu (photos) / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.