Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists (8456 Views)

Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) / Isreali, David Shoshan Sues God, Says He Should Stop Answering His Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
These Nairaland Militant Theists keep opening new threads that shoot them in the foot grin

Its actually hilarious

Please keep shut if you dont have any meaningful thing to say .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by dalaman: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2016
winner01:
You have changed the point of OP's argument totally when you saw that it is not disproveable.

The Op's simply stated that slaves were treated far better than our idea of pre-21st century slaves. And gave facts to support it.

The Op rightfully stated that slaves are to be called bondservants or maids as agreed by the jewish encyclopaedia because they had incredible constitutional rights.

OP was simply trying to tell lies. OP tried to say that selling people into bondage was not allowed. He even went as far as saying the word translated as slave was wrong. It was supposed to be translated as an employee or a servant. That is a lie. As shown by the Jewish encyclopaedia selling people into bondage was also allowed. The slavery varies and so was the treatment of slaves. Jews are to be treated differently from gentiles. OP never touched on that.

I highlighted a fraction of these constitutional rights even when you deliberately omitted them to make it look as if they were no better than animals.

The Bible however retains its credibility and still translates them as slaves even though they were treated better than slaves.

How can a slave be treated better than a slave? They were properties and could be inherited. They could be beaten and branded. They had no right to own any property. They weren't paid any wages. Their kids were also owned by their masters, so what exactly are you saying? That you are even trying to justify it by equating it to the modern house maid or a football contract is pitiful and idiotic.

God permitted several things and still permits things even though we as his creations might not be fully content with it.
The existence of evil is one of such and so what?
God permitted the death of Jesus and so what?
God is God either your child has downs syndrome or not.
Your attacks will not change who God is.

God permitting evil is your own making. You have to show me the God first and him permitting evil for me to take you seriously. If there is a God that allows evil to flourish then that God will tell people about it himself. He will never rely on you to tell people about it's intentions. I have told you that many many times. Only a God that lives inside your head will do that.

And stop cursing me, im not used to living with hatred and agony. I have lovely people around me and we share love together. If you have never experienced love, it is not my fault. I'm not responsible for your misfortunes.

I dont have your time now, just wait till evening.

I am not cursing you. I am just stating the fact. Any body that feels it's right to justify slavery is a fool period.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Kay17: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2016
Slavery is a condition more recognizable than its label. It is easier to draw hair splitting distinctions between indentured servitude and base slavery. Both denigrate the human. What difference is there if a slave master is nice and neat with his slaves when such efforts perpetuate and promote a system where the human is an actual commodity prone to obscene abuse.

Besides do you prefer Biblical indentured servitude or the secular anti Slavery values today?

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by JackBizzle: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
winner01:
You only repeated what dalaman said. Nothing new.

Read my reply: Even the Jewish encyclopaedia that dalaman posted, agrees that slavery was a government sanctioned contractual agreement.

You dont need to be lazy or willfully ignorant. You can read the link dalaman unintelligently posted and point out its contradictions with the bible.

The truth of God is spreading all over the world. Dey here dey cry.

Keep lying.

At the end of the day, , you would not like your son to be treated like the Jewish 'indentured servant' you like to distance away from slavery.

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kay17:
Slavery is a condition more recognizable than its label. It is easier to draw hair splitting distinctions between indentured servitude and base slavery. Both are denigrate the human. What difference is there if a slave master is nice and neat with his slaves when such efforts perpetuate and promote a system where the human is an actual commodity prone to obscene abuse.

Besides do you prefer Biblical indentured servitude or the secular anti Slavery values today?

Even free humans e.g women , kids are prone to obscene abuse . What is your point exactly ?
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
JackBizzle:

Keep lying.

At the end of the day, , you would not like your son to be treated like the Jewish 'indentured servant' you like to distance away from slavery.

Gosh , you guys can make the most irrational conclusions ever . In the old days , indentured servitude was seen as the last means of survival . Even today such is somewhat practiced . Poor people give their kids to rich couples to work as helpers for a fixed time . The rich couple is obligated to fund the child's education , feeding and clothing during that time and even pay them off after the time expires or when they are much older .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Weah96:

Wait, is sockpuppetry allowed on Nairaland like that? Aren't you the same guy as the ebukasblog?

Wow ! They fight tooth and nail over the supposed non substantiation of God's existence and then blatantly assumes that I am kingebukasblog with no proof whatsoever ?
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Weah96: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow ! They fight tooth and nail over the supposed non substantiation of God's existence and then blatantly assumes that I am kingebukasblog with no proof whatsoever ?

The proof is your handle and cheerleading duties.

4 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
Weah96:

The proof assumption is your handle and cheerleading duties.

Fixed it for you .

@Weah96 we are simply congenial
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Weah96: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Fixed it for you .

You are either a juvenile sycophant or a terrible liar. I'm leaning towards the latter.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Weah96:

You are either a juvenile sycophant or a terrible liar. I'm leaning towards the latter.

ok
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Weah96: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
There's no need to quarrel. The mods have your log in details. That's their problem to handle. Someone will report you soon and it won't be me.

Believe that.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
[size=13pt]Except for murder, slavery has got to be one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.

Many Jews and Christians will try to ignore the moral problems of slavery by saying that these slaves were actually servants or indentured servants. Many translations of the Bible use the word “servant”, “bondservant”, or “manservant” instead of “slave” to make the Bible seem less immoral than it really is. While many slaves may have worked as household servants, that doesn’t mean that they were not slaves who were bought, sold, and treated worse than livestock.

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave. What kind of family values are these?

The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

So these are the Bible family values! A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and has sex with them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don’t die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by JackBizzle: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Gosh , you guys can make the most irrational conclusions ever . In the old days , indentured servitude was seen as the last means of survival . Even today such is somewhat practiced . Poor people give their kids to rich couples to work as helpers for a fixed time . The rich couple is obligated to fund the child's education , feeding and clothing during that time and even pay them off after the time expires or when they are much older .

A Yoruba muslim is not an Aboki.
A cutlass is not a knife.

A slave is not an indentured servant.

You are damn too dubious to be honest about the difference.

A slave is a property. You own a slave and can transfer the slave to your childs inheritance.

The bible clearly states that foreign slaves are property.

Bro..
.......stop the lies

3 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
JackBizzle:

A Yoruba muslim is not an Aboki.
A cutlass is not a knife.

A slave is not an indentured servant.

You are damn too dubious to be honest about the difference.

A slave is a property. You own a slave and can transfer the slave to your childs inheritance.

The bible clearly states that foreign slaves are property.

Bro..
.......stop the lies

Jack Bizzle 's reasoning :

Argentine footballer Lionel Messi is a property of Barcelona because of his contract , therefore he is a foreign slave

An Albert Einstein moment from logic boy himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
Wow......
blacks defending slavery that killed millions of our ancestors just to justify their religious beliefs?
Our ancestors would curse our generation.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

60-100million Black slaves died during the Transatlantic slave trade and you are here downgrading slavery to indentured servitude. Our ancestors were considered less down dogs and killed like ants.
Our ancestors would be laying curses on you now
Lets assume your God didnt permit slavery but permited indentured servitude, why didnt he condenm slavery in the 10 commandments, He is the all knowing God, he sees the future but couldn't condenm slavery? He condenmed Furnication but didnt see it fit to condenm slavery?

3 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:

60-100million Black slaves died during the Transatlantic slave trade and you are here downgrading slavery to indentured servitude. Our ancestors were considered less down dogs and killed like ants.
Lets assume your God didnt permit slavery but permited indentured servitude, why didnt he condenm slavery in the 10 commandments, He is the all knowing God, he sees the future but couldn't condenm slavery? He condenmed Furnication but didnt see it fit to condenm slavery?

You didn't read the article . The bible does not support slavery
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:
Wow......
blacks defending slavery that killed millions of our ancestors just to justify their religious beliefs?
Our ancestors would curse our generation.

Atheists killed 250 million people , mostly religious people in the last century . You know this but have chosen to an atheist still .

Are you Albert Einstein Jnr ?

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
I read the article and weeped at the ignorance of the writer...Trying to turn the slavery in the bible into a lesser crime and giving it another name.
What is wrong with African? Cant we think

2 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Atheists killed 250 million people , mostly religious people in the last century . You know this but have chosen to an atheist still .

Are you Albert Einstein Jnr ?
What? 250milliom people killed in the last 100 years by atheist?
If you could believe the nuisance the OP wrote, i guess you can believe anything.
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:

What? 250milliom people killed in the last 100 years by atheist?
If you could believe the nuisance the OP wrote, i guess you can believe anything.

Atheists have the disposition to kill and terrorise - its a hobby . Atheists are very dangerous people

Learn more here

1. https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

2. https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
quote author=KingEbukaNaija post=47365754]

Atheists have the disposition to kill and terrorise - its a hobby . Atheists are very dangerous people

Learn more here

1. https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

2. https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous[/quote]
Seriously?
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Richirich713: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by dalaman: 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You didn't read the article . The bible does not support slavery

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46)

Does this not appear in your Bible?

1 Like

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Afrokan(m): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
This is ridiculous, If the second law was covers all aspect of life, why did God see it fit to specifically condenm Murder and Fornication?

2 Likes

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:

Seriously?

Yeah . Im not joking .

They are bigots too

Learn more here :

1. https://www.nairaland.com/3203415/bigotry-atheism

2. https://www.nairaland.com/3148752/atheists-express-rage-against-god

Atheism is deleterious to a sound mind .

They now advocate for incestuous relationship after they got bestiality in Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
dalaman:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46)

Does this not appear in your Bible?

All these were addressed in the article
Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by Richirich713: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
Afrokan:

This is ridiculous, If the second law was covers all aspect of life, why did God see it fit to specifically condenm Murder and Fornication?

There's no reason to specifically condemns everything evil, the 1st and 2nd law is the standard by which ought to live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

LONGER THAN THE RIVER NILE, STILL GARBAGE THO.
And 10 useless people liked the nonsense you have for an answer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by KingEbukaNaija: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
UyiIredia:

And 10 useless people liked the nonsense you have for an answer.

Lol . Atheists are too useless . They sexually abuse animals , family members , same sex , little females and now the like button has been abused . grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible And Slavery: Answering Ignorant Atheists by dalaman: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

All these were addressed in the article

By lying that the word slave is actually supposed to mean employee or servant right? So you can beat your employee and pass them as permanent inheritance to your kids. Well done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 20 Richest Pastors In The World - Number 6 Will Shock You / Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.