Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) (854 Views)

Corpse Of A Man Killed By His Brother-In-Law In Benue Tied On Okada (Photos) / Woman Poisons Her Sister-In-Law In Bayelsa, Confesses After Burial. Photos / Man Cuts His Wife & Mother-In-Law In Benin Because Wife Wants Divorce (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by blackboi(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2016
Saw this on a friend's facebook wall:

I would break the law in Lagos anytime I visit.

I would look for street hawkers and patronize them. This is with an expectation that some how, those enforcement agents would be around to arrest me and the hawker for breaking the law. Should this happen, I am not only going to engage in a very tensed legal battle against this government, I would ensure this inhuman law against the poor is put in the right perspective. Even if there is no enforcement agent to arrest me and the hawker, I would go to their office and report myself. Banning people from making a living, without banning the poverty that pushed them out is a grave violation of human rights.

What do you think?

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208556623504477&id=1575352566&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6304471294221257792%3Amf_story_key.8677940925490388660&__tn__=%2As

1 Like

Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by haywire07(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2016
Actually, the writer has a point . More or less like the pains of most Nigerians . but I'll tell u that there are government policies that you don't argue with.
There's no way u could justify hawking ...so sorry undecided

1 Like

Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by bellenornor(f): 8:14am On Jul 07, 2016
What will likes of Jumoke- the bread seller turned model be doing for themselves now. cry

1 Like

Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by KINGwax007(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2016
I guess he'll get the likes he craved for and the comments he wanted. But I am sure he will never try to break that law...

It's all talk and no sense

1 Like

Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by Omotayor123(f): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2016
Like seriously, that law get as he be... I wonder how Ambode want the lagos masses to survive.

I can't Imagine being in lagos traffic without those 'aids'.

1 Like

Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by babyfaceafrica: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2016
If dem nab am naw...he will cry victimization....yeye
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by Rolings: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2016
blackboi:
Saw this on a friend's facebook wall:

I would break the law in Lagos anytime I visit.

I would look for street hawkers and patronize them. This is with an expectation that some how, those enforcement agents would be around to arrest me and the hawker for breaking the law. Should this happen, I am not only going to engage in a very tensed legal battle against this government, I would ensure this inhuman law against the poor is put in the right perspective. Even if there is no enforcement agent to arrest me and the hawker, I would go to their office and report myself. Banning people from making a living, without banning the poverty that pushed them out is a grave violation of human rights.

What do you think?

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208556623504477&id=1575352566&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6304471294221257792%3Amf_story_key.8677940925490388660&__tn__=%2As

He will lose any legal battle because even ignorance of a law is not an excuse for breaking it. Do you know that the okada riders association took the government to court over the ban on okada on some roads in Lagos and lost the case? The street trading prohibition law has been there since 2003
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by blackboi(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2016
haywire07:
Actually, the writer has a point . More or less like the pains of most Nigerians . but I'll tell u that there are government policies that you don't argue with.
There's no way u could justify hawking ...so sorry undecided

My worry is, won't the state government 'mute and apourize' this dude for no good reason?

I think he should just look away, for good.
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by cckris: 8:42am On Jul 07, 2016
If Igbos had done like the Germans, who carefully picked up the pieces of their lives & technologies after losing any war, Igboland would have been a manufacturing hub.

Yorubas are only saying it's time for Igbos to return home, & develop their own States, with the same Industry by with Igbos have added so much values to Lagos, Kano, & other places.
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by Cadamlk: 9:19am On Jul 07, 2016
blackboi:
Banning people from making a living, without banning the poverty that pushed them out is a grave violation of human rights.

What do you think?

Food for the thought
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by blackboi(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2016
cckris:
If Igbos had done like the Germans, who carefully picked up the pieces of their lives & technologies after losing any war, Igboland would have been a manufacturing hub.

Yorubas are only saying it's time for Igbos to return home, & develop their own States, with the same Industry by with Igbos have added so much values to Lagos, Kano, & other places.

This is not the time for Tribal Talks!
Re: I Would Break The Law In Lagos Anytime I Visit! (Says Mr. Rights) by blackboi(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2016
cckris:

This is not the time for Tribal Talks!

(1) (Reply)

Elele-axis-kidnappers-on-rampage / Shock As Man Angrily Pours Hot Tea On His Own Mother's Head...you Won't Believe / Oh No Bad News! Businesswoman Shot Dead In Front Of Her Husband, Children In Iba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.