Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage (25752 Views)

Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Blackout: Ikeja Electric Announces One Month Power Outage / Soldiers Invade IBEDC Office In Ibadan, Torture Worker Over Power Outage (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by rommyth(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Ghanaian President, John Mahama, on Wednesday said the delay in the delivery of the crude oil ordered from Nigeria had created power generation problems for his country, leading to outages in many parts.

Mahama said the sabotage of oil terminals in Nigeria occasioned the delay in the supply of crude oil, which Ghana ordered last month.

Many parts of Ghana, especially the capital, Accra, have witnessed a resurgence of power outages, a problem that lasted four years but was declared over by former Minister for Power Dr. Kwabena Donkor, last year, according to Classfmonline.com.

Mahama, speaking on the occasion of the Eid il-Fitr celebration in Accra, was quoted to have said the power outages were as a result of sabotage in Nigeria.

He said, “Recently, there have been some issues with electricity tariffs; the Electricity Company of Ghana has done some work on it. They have done a realignment of their billing system and I believe that people can begin to feel some relief in terms of the bills that they were paying. The bills have been made more transparent so that you can tell with every unit you buy, how much the value of the unit is.

“Aside from that, we have recently suffered some generational problems. I held a stakeholders’ meeting with all those involved in the power sector. Because of sabotage in Nigeria on the terminals, crude oil that we ordered last month has not arrived; and so, it has created some generational problem for us.”

The President said he had asked the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company to start storing at least one month of light crude oil supplied for Ghana so that in the event of any problem at the supply end in Nigeria, adding, “We were not affected the way we are currently affected.

“So, I will crave your indulgence and urge all of you to understand. We are not declaring load shedding, I believe things will be normalised, but we are taking steps every day to ensure that Ghana has security when it comes to power.”

The West African Gas Pipeline Company had late last month said it had suspended the flow of gas from Nigeria to Ghana over unpaid bills by the Ghanaian government.

Ghana’s state power producer, Volta River Authority, owes Nigeria’s N-Gas around $180m, while N-Gas in turn owes the pipeline company $104m, WAGPCo spokeswoman, Harriet Wereko-Brobby, had told Reuters.

N-Gas is the main supplier of gas to Ghana’s Volta River Authority through the West African Gas Pipeline.

is that the government is not keeping to its part of the joint venture funding and cash call obligations with the IOCs,” he said.

http://punchng.com/ghana-blames-power-outage-nigerias-oil-sabotage/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by cornel994(m): 8:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Beyt y

Ah FTC o grin, Oya wer is my bugatti
Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by MyGeneration(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2016
Buhari has finished this country even ordinary crude oil we cant export again

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by iamord(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2016
Political diversion and a misleading headline . Mahama should stick to the basics

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by rommyth(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2016
MyGeneration:
u mean buhari is d one destroying pipelines?

158 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by MyGeneration(m): 8:58am On Jul 07, 2016
rommyth:
he is d one causing d bombings with his bigotry and nepotism.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by pode(m): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2016
Mr. President this one you are complaining about shortage of power and lack of oil, tell me who do we complain to because I live there is nothing like power

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by freemanbubble: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2016
ok na. you guys are complaining.!!!
while Nigerians are celebrating total darkness.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Almajiri1: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2016
Buhari's incompetence to secure common pipeline is been exposed beyond borders.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by dokunbam(m): 9:03am On Jul 07, 2016
Ghana too feeling the heat?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by eisenbruck: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2016
e don affect una...una go hail

1 Like

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by BlackSeptember: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
NDA has gone international while buhari keep on dishing propaganda

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by psychologist(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
So we've been supplying them crude to lit up their country
While we are here wallowing in darkness

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by bettercreature(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
rommyth:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
Yet Ghanaians would be boasting as if Nigeria has no importance to their daily living.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2016
To an extent, Ghana is more transparent compared to Nigeria. Imagine a realignment of billing system.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by temitemi1(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
Blame it on buhari for his incompetence.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Sunnycliff(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
We are the Afriexit to Ghana! As Britain sneezed and we got cold , so have we sneezed and Ghana is catching cold!

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by saintkel(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
So dis is true? We d supply Ghana electricity n they treating our people in ghana anyhow? Giant of Africa my foot

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by gomeks(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=MyGeneration post=47288070]
he is d one causing d bombings with his bigotry and nepotism. [/quote

People like don't have common sense. I know you will blame Buhari till infinity. Ewu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by sayyid(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
The president should find a lasting solution to this issue of militant bombings here and there this is causing a major setback for Nigeria as a whole and other countries that depends on her oil

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by yemisat: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016
rommyth:
Please ask him o o o o o ?

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Dilidee(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by captleonerd(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016
MyGeneration:
ignorant one. you come here and celebrate NDA pipeline attacks yet you expect the effect not to trickle down to you. are you just ignorant or totally uneducated? is buhari responsible for the pipeline bombings? until we all cooperate with the FG to move the country forward this country will never develop. tell your brothers to continue the bombing

34 Likes

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Femich18(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2016
MyGeneration:
Must you comment? Why not keep quiet if uve nothing to say...Stop disgracing yourself online all in the name of cheap "likes" from folks like you... May God help you

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by bloomstar: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2016
MyGeneration:

People now blame buhari even for their own common mistakes..... Oga, na buhari dey vandalize pipelines??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by nathz45: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2016
In wizkid's voice..."shey you re feeling the heat ooo
Re: Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 07, 2016
i believe these problems will pass.

I voted president Mohamadu Buhari
because i believe in his charisma
especially this trying time. I voted GEJ
out because my believe in him elapsed
and i personally can tolerate him no
more. If by virtue of time and perseverance, i
think president Buhari still have
enough time to do the work i voted
him to do.
I know he isn't a magician. If they
count people that trust him and numbered only two, be sure they are
himself and I.

Anyways..

DrabeeyWasHere

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC's Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results In Nigeria / Buhari Meets Catholic Bishops In Abuja (Photos) / Tambuwal: How I Rejected Bribe From Buhari, APC Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.