Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React (55250 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by ooshinibos: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2016
here we go ''Black life matters'' ...hypocrisy of the black race
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by kayusre: 11:55am On Jul 07, 2016
you deserve correct slap...see illustration
iamauxin:
You all should calm d eff down. It's his company. And that's the qualification and applicants must posses.

Come to think of it, Why are there no short men in Nigerian police force. Most of you here would have liked the force but your height isn't upto the desired minimum and that's probably why you may be unemployed currently. And don't tell me that the height is needed to catch thieves cos most thieves are short too. So what's the fuss?

The job isn't meant for everyone

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Gerrard59(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2016
While it might seem "discriminatory", the company and any company has the sole prerogative to formulate its entry requirements the way it deems fit. What if their client(s) want light skinned ladies? What if utilizing the services of light skinned ladies will bring them more profits and deals? Even if ladies of all colour are allowed, it (the company) will still weed out the unwanted applicants. Nigerians should stop being sentimental, it's business.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by CAPSLOCKED: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2016
mmsen:
Reading that guy's twitter timeline, it's clear that he's not very intelligent.

If you want to make your feelings known ensure that you, your friends and family boycott his services.

500% TRILL!

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 07, 2016
izzou:
But i dont see whats wrong with the ad

They need a light skinned lady

Wetin dey bad there??

You won't see what's wrong, because what doesn't affect you is irrelevant imagine you can't be employed for a job because are Nigerian, never heard of a job that required skin complexion, go ahead and promote this ugly culture of self-hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by CAPSLOCKED: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2016
Gerrard59:
While it might seem "discriminatory", the company and any company has the sole prerogative to formulate its entry requirements the way it deems fit. What if their client(s) want light skinned ladies? What if utilizing the services of light skinned ladies will bring them more profits and deals? Even if ladies of all colour are allowed, it (the company) will still weed out the unwanted applicants. Nigerians should stop being sentimental, it's business.

WE'RE ALL NIGERIANS, WE'RE AFRICANS, WE'RE BLACKS., HIS BUSINESS IS OUR BUSINESS. SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by BizBloke(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2016
I don't even understand the segregation between dark- and light-skinned women.

Who complexion epp? undecided undecided

Ksslib and Caseless, coman answer me.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by saintdennis(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
claremont:
Nothing wrong with the ad. He pays the salary, he has every right to declare a preference for the staff he wants. Anyone who doesn't like it shouldn't apply for it. No racism here, light-skin in Nigeria is not a race. If I were the dude, I will even add some more terms and conditions to narrow down applicants e.g. light-skinned females who apply must be a figure 8. grin

Check this one out:
Tribalism for jobs ti take over.

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by shamecurls(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Where can I buy bleaching cream please?
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Adebowale89(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dis is a marketing logic. They need light-skinned lady has nothing to do with racism. Nigerians been misunderstanding words since 1700AD
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by DIFY20(f): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
dat means igbo gals will occupy dat job since most of them are light skin sad

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by tivta(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
Na by force for you to work for him? Imagine a fat man wanting to become a military man, he must have reasons for wanting a fair girl, if you don't like it move on...
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Xbox222: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
VaginaTerrorist:
Today Nigeria has so many fair girls with black toto, all thanks to sodium hypochlorite and hydrogen...
But why them no dey rub the bleaching cream for toto? Abi toto get resistance against bleaching

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by queencalipso(f): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lolzz!!! @skinnically qualified. Is well o!! Racism even among blacks.

Tell me why girl won't bleach their spirit out angry
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Adebowale89(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
saintdennis:

Check this one out:
Tribalism for jobs ti take over.

A microfinance bank head office in southeast, wants his employee from south east hasn't nothing to with tribalism brother!.

Lemme analyse it for u, microfinance banks employ workers with a process and it strictly for people who are good in customer relations coz any micro or conventional banks that lack dis, can't dream of making profit, talkless of achieving it. So language is part of customer relations or how will an hausa or yoruba lady or man relate with the people of southeast than the southeasterners? What business organization desired was profit-making. Is called marketing statistics
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by queencalipso(f): 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
claremont:
Nothing wrong with the ad. He pays the salary, he has every right to declare a preference for the staff he wants. Anyone who doesn't like it shouldn't apply for it. No racism here, light-skin in Nigeria is not a race. If I were the dude, I will even add some more terms and conditions to narrow down applicants e.g. light-skinned females who apply must be a figure 8. grin

Lolz!!! You wicked aswear,..... lipsrsealed
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by missyadorable(f): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
That's why I love my job

Physical attributes Never a criteria

#ProudBarrister
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Rossikki: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
tivta:
Na by force for you to work for him? Imagine a fat man wanting to become a military man, he must have reasons for wanting a fair girl, if you don't like it move on...
Kai... see ignorance. So you see nothing wrong in colour-based discrimination? Damn.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by chinchum(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
AdoraAmadi:
Kadir acted unbothered with the outrage his tweet sparked and rather amused himself when he received 253 applications in less than 4 hours.
grin grin grin 253 apps in 4 hours

i.e 253 applications in 240 minutes. While people were throwing tantrums, more than 1 application was dropping every minute shocked
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
Rossikki:
You are an ignorant dunce. So colour based discrimination is perfectly fine by you? I don't even know what I'm doing on this site filled with thoughtless, stupi.d zombies like you. Look across the whole world where people are fighting to end discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, while we have air heads like you here who can't see any problem with it. Dumbed down population of idiotts.
if u are pained, come and kill me angry
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Black abi dark skin pple and inferiority complex na waa...c as yellow and white skin dey always intimidate and make una complain... me sef need sweet light skin biitch for d weekend..Black skin girls keep vexing dnt b proud of ur color.mschew
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Well now I know why Cynthia Morgan,toke, rukky and the likes bleached, and some people that are so desperate to become light skinned but can't afford the Egyptian cream mixed with snake oil extract or whatever they mix end up settling for Caro white where they become a perfect combination of black and yellow,they are encouraging dudu to turn white, #blackisbeautiful
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by logica(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Obvious joke. See morons pulling out hairs.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by izzou(m): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
pcguru1:

You won't see what's wrong, because what doesn't affect you is irrelevant imagine you can't be employed for a job because are Nigerian, never heard of a job that required skin complexion, go ahead and promote this ugly culture of self-hatred.

Dont get the message wrong

It's his requirement

If he had written dark skinned as the complexion, will you fight for nigerians that are light skinned

Common. I dont see the racist comment there. Its still the same nigerians he would employ. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Rossikki: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
izzou:

Dont get the message wrong

It's his requirement

If he had written dark skinned as the complexion, will you fight for nigerians that are light skinned

Common. I dont see the racist comment there. Its still the same nigerians he would employ. Abi?
YES, we would fight for the light skinned Nigerians if they were discriminated against, so don't use that as your excuse for being a self-hating black Uncle Tom.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by izzou(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
sweatlana:
are you alright?

I am alright oh

Its just his requirement

If he had asked for a dark skinned lady, would you have defended the light skinned ones?

Or if you say you want to employ only yorubas, does that mean other tribes have been discriminated?

Its his requirement. Just look at it from his own angle. People look for slim ladies during some auditions. Its their requirement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts / Uninvited Lady Shows Up For Dana Airline Interview And Gets Job. See Pictures / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.