Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React (55249 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Arsenate:
why don't some of you just be a little humble and get educated for once? It's discriminatory to give jobs based on skin color and that's what people are trying to tell you but you just wouldn't learn.
It's just a hopeless case with most nairalanders these days. They don't know and they are never willing to learn. The site is becoming tiring.
Thumbs up.

Even, here, in the US, its illegal to discriminate on the basis of age with regard to job applications. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that some people are fine with a company openly engaging in skin-color discrimination.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Arsenate:
why don't some of you just be a little humble and get educated for once? It's discriminatory to give jobs based on skin color and that's what people are trying to tell you but you just wouldn't learn.
It's just a hopeless case with most nairalanders these days. They don't know and they are never willing to learn. The site is becoming tiring.

I want a fair Lady as my secretary and its discriminatory to you

Alright

I hear you

I have learnt

Please and please dont quote again
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by logica(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
tivta:

But it is OK to discriminate against 1st class and 2nd class?
Lol. See logic.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by StreetMedia: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
izzou:
But i dont see whats wrong with the ad
They need a light skinned lady
Wetin dey bad there??
Iwu akpa amu... here na South Africa?
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by ZianaJordana(f): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
People reacted negatively, as they should do. We need to stop putting light skin on a pedestal, and just embrace who we are. It's getting ridiculous now. Yes, the ad was wrong. Shouldn't be treated with any more leniency than if it had been somebody of another race discriminating against black people as a whole.
I'm side eying those up in this thread acting like there's no correlation between the pedestalling of light skin and the skin bleaching epidemic... cool
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by tivta(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
logica:
Lol. See logic.
YES it is logic, we all have our ideal candidate for any job we are offering...
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by MarieSucre(f): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
claremont:
Nothing wrong with the ad. He pays the salary, he has every right to declare a preference for the staff he wants. Anyone who doesn't like it shouldn't apply for it. No racism here, light-skin in Nigeria is not a race. If I were the dude, I will even add some more terms and conditions to narrow down applicants e.g. light-skinned females who apply must be a figure 8. grin

There is SHADISM. I better not see you complaining when some girls start bleaching or wear butt pad coz they want to fit into unrealistic beauty standards.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by chiwetel(f): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
I think what's annoying is that,they seem to care less about the competence of the applicant.

so seriously, the skin colour is the only qualification??
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by claremont(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
MarieSucre:

There is SHADISM. I better not see you complaining when some girls start bleaching or wear butt pad coz they want to fit into unrealistic beauty standards.

That's not a crime in any country, unlike racism e.t.c.
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Rasque1759(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
teasel:

You're probably smelling yourself and your bleached family members.
Filthy thing!
I love this heheheheheheehe...so this is all u got to say....rain more insults on me please....
Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Missmossy(f): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Na wa ooo!!! Its so biased requesting for a specific skin colour for a job. This country has turned into something else entirely.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React by Nickymezor(f): 11:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hmmm, naija I hail ooo. .. Wat wont we hear... Wonders dey say neva ceases

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Identify and Avoid FAKE Employment Agencies and Adverts / Uninvited Lady Shows Up For Dana Airline Interview And Gets Job. See Pictures / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.