Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT (1246 Views)

Vehicles Damaged By Falling Trees After Heavy Rainfall In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Why Is My Car Blowing Hot Air? / My Toyota Camry 2005 Air Cond 2 Vent Blowing Chilled And Other 2 Blowing Hot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by davit: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2016
I use a RAV4 07 edition. I recently observed that it at times won't chill as I wanted. So, to correct this I took it to a gas guy to help top the gas. To my utter surprise, the AC has been blowing hot since he topped it. And when I complained to the guy he said he is not really an AC person and suggested I take it for service.

Please any good AC guy in the house staying around Ogba, Agege and Ikeja? I don't want to give it to just any half-baked AC technician to avoid more damage.

1 Like

Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by princemillla(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2016
My Lil suggestion sir. If the compressor no longer chill but it will pick after you switch the ac on, it means your compressor is running on low oil. Hence, the I will suggest you replace it immediately.

To determine this...

Look for the Gass refilling port, open it and use small stick to press the valve for Gass pop. If there is Gass, then it's low oil, but it there is no Gass, then it means either there is a leakage and ur compressor no longer rolling due to low Gass.

Check and get back

1 Like

Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by davit: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2016
princemillla:
My Lil suggestion sir. If the compressor no longer chill but it will pick after you switch the ac on, it means your compressor is running on low oil. Hence, the I will suggest you replace it immediately.

To determine this...

Look for the Gass refilling port, open it and use small stick to press the valve for Gass pop. If there is Gass, then it's low oil, but it there is no Gass, then it means either there is a leakage and ur compressor no longer rolling due to low Gass.

Check and get back

Thanks for the prompt response. I just did as you suggested. There is gas. What are you suggesting I change now? The compressor or oil?
Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by princemillla(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2016
davit:

Thanks for the prompt response. I just did as you suggested. There is gas. What are you suggesting I change now? The compressor or oil?

OK good, switch your ac on and check if the pulley on the compressor pick, if it does and it's not getting cold. Change the compressor at once. But if it's not picking it means u r Gass is low. And wen Gass is low, some compressor will not pick. Meaning ur system is leaking

1 Like

Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by davit: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
princemillla:

OK good, switch your ac on and check if the pulley on the compressor pick, if it does and it's not getting cold. Change the compressor at once. But if it's not picking it means u r Gass is low. And wen Gass is low, some compressor will not pick. Meaning ur system is leaking

Pulley not picking. I just checked the gas again. Alas, I no gas coming out! Guess the guy only released my little Gass inside, as he first released certain gas then in the name of air before Recharging me. And his own gas not properly done. Well I will need to take it to another person be that. Thanks for your suggestions anyways.
Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by princemillla(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
davit:

Pulley not picking. I just checked the gas again. Alas, I no gas coming out! Guess the guy only released my little Gass inside, as he first released certain gas then in the name of air before Recharging me. And his own gas not properly done. Well I will need to take it to another person be that. Thanks for your suggestions anyways.

You welcome. All the best
Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by nnamokenna(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
If you are looking for a good 1992-2000 Honda Accord AC compressor, then check https://www.nairaland.com/3147615/ac-compressors-toyota-camry-honda
Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by Originalsly: 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
davit:
I don't want to give it to just any half-baked AC technician to avoid more damage.
Come to Festac..... my neighbour is a fully baked A/c tech.
Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by earthrealm(m): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
SHORT STORY:....ur system was overfilled.....
u need to vent some of the gas b4 the compressor will engage again.
compressor dont engage when under filled [low gas] or over filled.

he shud hv refilled using a guage.
take ur car to a good ac shop...ur ac will be chilling again soon enough..

LONG STORY: your car probablly has a leak, the refrigrant got low, ur technician added refrigrant, but added too much, thus the compressor refused to engage, u can turn the car on and manually vent the refrigrant [illegal in developed countries], at 3 secs interval, till u see the compressor engage, and ur car starts cooling again..
or u man up...and take it to an ac shop, and get them do it professionally grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car AC Damaged After Recharging, Blowing HOT by Kashif(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
davit:
I use a RAV4 07 edition. I recently observed that it at times won't chill as I wanted. So, to correct this I took it to a gas guy to help top the gas. To my utter surprise, the AC has been blowing hot since he topped it. And when I complained to the guy he said he is not really an AC person and suggested I take it for service.

Please any good AC guy in the house staying around Ogba, Agege and Ikeja? I don't want to give it to just any half-baked AC technician to avoid more damage.

This vehicle has an AC module that can be scanned. It might give you some clues.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Ugly Tanker That Has Got Port Harcourt Residents Talking / Retro VW Beetle Restoration - Denn Auto World / Importers And Dealers!!!.... I Am In Search Of This Tail Light.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.