Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Are Cars Of Yesteryear Better Than Cars Of Today? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Cars Of Yesteryear Better Than Cars Of Today? (606 Views)

The Top 10 Concept Cars Of 2017 (Photos) / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria / Why Are Cars Cheap In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Cars Of Yesteryear Better Than Cars Of Today? by Originalsly: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2016
Many say that the cars of today are basically 'cheap' cars.... not as strong, made of flimsy material, etc. ...that the cars made decades ago were much better. For me...I do admire the cars of yesteryear for their big size.... their distinctive designs... smooth rides for the ehmmm...luxury ones. ... and their general truck hauling power....and that's where my admiration ends! Safety?....I fear being in them for head on crashes...drifting?...a half drift can end in disaster!... Fuel consumption?..wow! maintenance?...you'll spend a lot or become a specialized Kazeem by force. Your thoughts.
Re: Are Cars Of Yesteryear Better Than Cars Of Today? by billy187(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2016
Well, cars are definitely better nowadays, despite whatever any nostalgia mongering fellow may say. Yes, older cars were made with a little more 'taste' as manufacturers were a little more ambitious then. but then today's cars are much safer and can do so much more with so little.

Even the 'flimsiness' people associate with todays cars with is quite essential- those 'crumple' zones keep occupants from merging into the car's upholstery during a crash.
Re: Are Cars Of Yesteryear Better Than Cars Of Today? by Originalsly: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
billy187:
- those 'crumple' zones keep occupants from merging into the car's upholstery during a crash.
lol... funny...but true!

(1) (Reply)

10 Cars To Expect For The Rest Of 2016 / Office Repair... Milefriend's Autoservice Good Or Bad? / Corolla 2004 Or Camry 2005 Needed Urgently (pls No Dealers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.