Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host (5018 Views)

Is It Advisable To Use Google Adsense Android App?? / Is It Advisable To Blog With A Phone? / Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
I'm asking this question because my site if mainly focused on Nigerians, it was built mainly for Nigerians. So is it advisable to use a local host to host my site? And do local host provide security?
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Donald3d(m): 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
fighal:
I'm asking this question because my site if mainly focused on Nigerians, it was built mainly for Nigerians. So is it advisable to use a local host to host my site? And do local host provide security?
you can host with a nigerian host but some of them have downtime issues so research well,and yes they produce security,would you like me to refer you,i would earn a small change for referring you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Donald3d:
you can host with a nigerian host but some of them have downtime issues so research well,and yes they produce security,would you like me to refer you,i would earn a small change for referring you.
no problem with reffering me as long as THEY ARE RELIABLE
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by brunofarad(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2016
Depends on what you mean by ur site customed mainly for Nigerians.

You can still host with a foreign host and get premium views.

What matters is ur SEO strategies

My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by veekid(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2016
Better gurus never wake, wait small dem dey come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Horlufemi(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2016
No don't. I'm suffering downtime at the moment and they are not replying me at all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Climax4: 6:20am On Jul 08, 2016
following
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Davo93(m): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:
You may try it but I tell you, it's not always the best for me. If there are no downtime issues, the fear of that company packing up anytime is always there.

By the way, if your website has anything directly against the government, it will be easily pulled down compared to when you host with a foreign host.

Bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by PaypalGod(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:

Get ready for headaches...
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by ezera(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Why not ask Lie Mohammed. Awa able minister of Information. He has all the information.
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by misterchris(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2016
Wait let me call my people in France.
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:36am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:

Yes you are free to host using a Nigerian/local host.

But, 90% of Nigerian host are not performing to clients expectations;

Poor customer care

Server Downtime issue

Security problems etc.

but, i have some recommendations for you.

Use domainking.ng | I trust them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by sluvy4tune(m): 6:54am On Jul 08, 2016
I will suggest trudigits

Been using them for years

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by FastestTech(m): 7:03am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:

It depends on the hosting company you go for in Nigeria

But, it is not since your site is focus on Nigeria, you now go for Nigerian host, a capital NO.

But, what i believe here is that you wanna invest, compensate Nigerian services, thats noble of you.

Consider this when choosing a Nigerian host.

Security, uptime technology, customer service etc.

I will recommend this two Host base in Nigeria for you; make sure you do research about them before proceeding!

1. Qservers

2. DomainKing.

I drop my pen.

''Fastest Tech'' your Tech Haven!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Barywhyte(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:

I have two sites with WhogoHost. Good customer care. They respond to queries very fast. I don't think am experiencing down time issue with them. No wahala, in d last two months that I have been with them. But don't put ur own coding problem on them, they won't help you to solve it (that's common to hosting companies tho)

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 08, 2016
I will recommend domainking for you. I have used them to host over 10 websites including blogs and have not experienced any form of trouble.

There support service is one of the best I have ever witnessed.

Give it a shot, you won't regret it.

[url]Domainking.ng[/url]

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by fingard02k(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2016
I use Domainking. They can compete with and company in the world. I strongly recommend it for my guys

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by webincomeplus(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:
Even if your site is focused on Nigerians, that doesn't stop you from going with a foreign host. As much as I advocate for Nigerian products and services, I take web hosting services as an exception for many reasons.

First, many web hosting companies in Nigeria are experimental businesses that only purchase reseller packages from foreign companies. Once these businesses aren't getting the profits they're projected, they fold up, leaving their clients to start from scratch.

Second, most of these companies are built so heavily around one or few individuals that if anything happens to the stakeholders, the whole business suffers. Remember Syskay?

Third, most web hosting services in Nigeria suck when it comes to customer service. When you contact them about your plan to purchase hosting with them, you'll be dealing with angels. But when you run into problems after becoming their customer, they'll turn into devils! They'll ignore your calls and emails and leave you biting your fingers.

Fourth, many of them offer crappy credentials in the name of trying to offer cheap plans. Why on earth would any company offer a plan of 1GB disk space and 2.5GB bandwidth. Most of the time, beginners who really don't know what these mean are conned into buying them, only for them to start running into bandwidth issues shortly after.

Fifth, many of their staff don't have enough technical knowledge to handle even simple support issues. And that's why they don't help most of the time -- not necessarily because they don't want to help. After all, you can't help with what you don't know jack about.

Sixth, the present state of the Nigerian economy won't just allow some businesses to run smoothly. Web hosting is one of them.

I know this won't go down well with Nigerian web hosting services and their apologists, but the truth needs to be told. All I've written is based on personal and referred experience as well as several stories of woe that I've read here on NL.

If you think most Nigerian hosting companies are reliable, ask yourself why Nairaland, the newspaper websites, websites owned by tertiary institutions and reputable organizations, and the most popular blogs in the country are not domiciled with Nigerian hosting companies.

PS. Read well between the lines, and you'd see that I never generalized. I understand that there might be few exceptions. My points apply to most, not all. But it's hard to tell who would falter in the next minute.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2016
fighal:

I will recommend domainking for you. I have used them to host over 10 websites including blogs and have not experienced any form of trouble.

There support service is one of the best I have ever witnessed.

Give it a shot, you won't regret it. And you'll notice that most people are saying Domainking which proves that they are wonderful.

[url]Domainking.ng[/url]

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by FastestTech(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2016
webincomeplus:

Even if your site is focused on Nigerians, that doesn't stop you from going with a foreign host. As much as I advocate for Nigerian products and services, I take web hosting services as an exception for many reasons.

First, many web hosting companies in Nigeria are experimental businesses that only purchase reseller packages from foreign companies. Once these businesses aren't getting the profits they're projected, they fold up, leaving their clients to start from scratch.

Second, most of these companies are built so heavily around one or few individuals that if anything happens to the stakeholders, the whole business suffers. Remember Syskay?

Third, most web hosting services in Nigeria suck when it comes to customer service. When you contact them about your plan to purchase hosting with them, you'll be dealing with angels. But when you run into problems after becoming their customer, they'll turn into devils! They'll ignore your calls and emails and leave you biting your fingers.

Fourth, many of them offer crappy credentials in the name of trying to offer cheap plans. Why on earth would any company offer a plan of 1GB disk space and 2.5GB bandwidth. Most of the time, beginners who really don't know what these mean are conned into buying them, only for them to start running into bandwidth issues shortly after.

Fifth, many of their staff don't have enough technical knowledge to handle even simple support issues. And that's why they don't help most of the time -- not necessarily because they don't want to help. After all, you can't help with what you don't know jack about.

Sixth, the present state of the Nigerian economy won't just allow some businesses to run smoothly. Web hosting is one of them.

I know this won't go down well with Nigerian web hosting services and their apologists, but the truth needs to be told. All I've written is based on personal and referred experience as well as several stories of woe that I've read here on NL.

If you think most Nigerian hosting companies are reliable, ask yourself why Nairaland, the newspaper websites, websites owned by tertiary institutions and reputable organizations, and the most popular blogs in the country are not domiciled with Nigerian hosting companies.

PS. Read well between the lines, and you'd see that I never generalized. I understand that there might be few exceptions. My points apply to most, not all. But it's hard to tell who would falter in the next minute.

Well writen!

But, the truth must be told, although it may sound like an insult to so many.

Please, take heart ok.

All the site have hosted is all on Foreign host, no Nigerian host on them. Because they have decided not to improve. What a shame.

God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by virus05(m): 7:31am On Jul 08, 2016
No.
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by nairalady(f): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Try www.webhost234.com[/size]
Great customer care, lots of diskspace and bandwidth!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by donfineboi: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2016
Guy use hostgator. You won't regret it, n choose cloud hosting. It's way faster than shard hosting n more advanced. U get btw 2 to 8gb ram n unlimited bandwidth.....

Uvgo thank me later
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Vendoor(f): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2016
Down time issues... That's the biggest challenge I'm currently facing. embarassed
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Emeka71(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2016
webincomeplus:

Some Nigerian hosting sites are reliable and work perfectly.
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by jimi4us: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2016
am using whogo and they are fast when they want to be fast. but they always have downtime all the time. i cant wait for my 1 year plan to end. i want to join siteground.com
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by jimi4us: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2016
webincomeplus:

I have problem with those bolded. my client couldnt access my site from abroad, can you believe i called customer care to complain, he said i should tell my client to change to another ISP(network) if he want to access my site. i asked him, so does that mean that anyone who is having difficulty accessing my site have to change their modem, he said yes. from that point i am now afraid of Nigerian web hosting company

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by Barywhyte(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2016
jimi4us:
I have problem with those bolded. my client couldnt access my site from abroad, can you believe i called customer care to complain, he said i should tell my client to change to another ISP(network) if he want to access my site. i asked him, so does that mean that anyone who is having difficulty accessing my site have to change their modem, he said yes. from that point i am now afraid of Nigerian web hosting company

U don enter one chance
Re: Is It Advisable To Use Local Hosting Site To Host by accountbalance: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2016
OP, like someone rightly mentioned above, most hosting companies in Nigeria are just resellers, I don't think any IT company over here in Nigeria has the infrastructure to have their own hosting platform, they are simply resellers for foreign hosting companies. It's wise to choose anyone that has integrity over the years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

International .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / Dreamhost Hacked, Mass Password-reset Issued / 5 Tips To Improve Website Visibility For Better Google Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.