Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

The Diary Of A Jobless Worker - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker (1242 Views)

The Diary Of Nymphomaniac... Continuation Of Episode 3 / Episode 2: The Diary Of Nymphomaniac / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Diary Of A Jobless Worker by PETENOIT(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
This article captures the average life of jobless workers in a funny style.
Below are a few of my recent observations about the Jobless Workers.
In a bid to get things done and not remain liable. We Jobless Workers undergo hard treatments. Some from people around and other times the ones we subject ourselves to. Personally, in the last 3 months I have been extra frugal. Not just with money but with every available resources, I now know how to price goods and services mercilessly, chai! Hausa traders and Igbo boys don suffer for my hand. Instead of taking bike I now trek fairly long distances and peradventure someone meets me on the road and ask, why I was trekking, believe you me, I will use every intellectual weapon to convince that person that I was only doing exercise. Help me ask your neighbor, “Who is fooling who?”, if that was just the only case I would be happy o, alas! There are more stories to tell.
In a heart-to-heart chat with an old school mate, he confided in me that he now eats based on timetables. It wouldn’t have been that bad though but the present day government won’t allow any common man to eat three times talk less of a ‘jobless worker’. Someone is asking, what sort of time table…? This type (0-1- 1/2, 1/2-0-1, 0-1/2-1/2), if you still don’t understand those formulae, abeg ask the gods. To support the inhuman timetable, some Jobless Workers have to attend ceremonies without been invited, the type Yoruba’s call “mogbo moya”, in case you have been observing some young men and ladies whose affiliations cannot be traced to either the bride or the groom but their presence at every functions is depicted by unnecessary struggling and mindless lobbying for every; take-away, foodstuffs (cooked and uncooked), desserts and drinks. Now you know who they really are. Those are not their real faces o.
If you enjoyed this episode.
Read other editions on the lifestyle and entertainment column of @ http://parroters.com/the-diary-jobless-worker-7/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

A Stranger In America / Home Gal Self Publishes Her First Novel / Ask For A Story On Any Topic The Lord Will Give Me Instant Story For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.