Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 PM

The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) (31814 Views)

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? / Genotype: Between AA And As.which One Is Common?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) by Chi4nelo(f): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
My friend and I were arguing about this topic.  I was thinking that if "AA" got married to "SS" that there is no chance of begetting an "SS". But my friend said that it is not true. she said that if "AA" get married to an "SS" that their chances of getting an "SS" is not limited; that they will get at-least one or two "SS". And that the same thing goes to "AS" marring an "SS" that they will get more of "SS".

So my question is this - Is this true?
Does this now mean that people with the blood group "SS" will not get married?

Your views, opinion and comment will be useful. [s]Because one of my friend a lady is an "SS" lipsrsealed[/s]
Re: The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) by Seun(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
AA and SS -> AS, AS, AS, AS, , You are definitely correct. Your friend is definitely wrong.

According to Wikipedia, only (AS + SS) and (AS + AS) can result in Sickle Cell Disease:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease#Inheritance
Re: The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) by VURN(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
@Chinelo
You and Seun are very correct. Your friend is wrong. This is it,
AA+AA= all AA i.e 100% AA
AA+AS= 75% AA and 25% AS
AS+AS= 50% AS, 25% AA and 25%SS
SS+AS= 75%SS and 25%AS
SS+SS=100% SS
AA+SS=100%AS
remeber that aa and as do not have the sickle cell anaemia only ss. Do you know there are advantages of AS over AA? If you would like to know, mail me
valvurn@yahoo.ca
Re: The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) by Chi4nelo(f): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ seun nd vurn
Thank you guys smiley

becoz i was really wondering if "ss" will not get married
Re: The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product) by kinglaxon: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Wow

(1) (Reply)

7 Effective Ways To Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally / Fallen Tree Kills Woman, Injures 10 Others In Ilorin / Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.