Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nigerians Social Behaviour - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Social Behaviour (540 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Social Behaviour by Tokyo50: 3:50am On Jul 08, 2016
I'm vacationing in Jakarta, Indonesia. I come here very often for business as well.

I would like to point out about a particular behaviour of my brothers from Nigeria which is disturbing me and embarrassing to say the least.

I live in an area which is very popular with Nigerian visitors. I'm happy that they can enter Indonesia easily and do business and enjoy what Indonesia has to offer.

What disturbs me most is the habit of talking LOUDLY. And I mean so loud that most locals run towards then thinking maybe there is a fight going on. When I got out of my apartment , I saw security guards and group of other people standing across the street and watching Nigerians "Talk". They thought that they are fighting. I explained to them that that's the way they talk.

There is a 7-11 convenience store where people hang out at night to drink coffee etc. People want to be able to enjoy their evening there without having to hear adults screaming. This can go for hours. I have spent two hours listening to this crap last night.

I urge my brothers to change this behaviour. It denies others peace of mind and ruins the reputation of most decent and civil Nigerians. Before long, someone will call the police and they will harass other innocent visitors. Most people assume that the Nigerians are fighting. It's that loud.

Why can't people talk in a civil manner?

I live near Mall of Indonesia, in an area called Kelapa Gading.

(1) (Reply)

Travel Hacks 101: Life-changing Tips For Smart Travel / Legalization Of Certificate For Poland University / Fake US Embassy In Ghana Shut Down After A Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.