Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance (20515 Views)

Man Narrates How Lady Who Humiliated His Dad Years Back Suffered Ill-luck / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / Jealous Wife Attacks Spouse With Bottle On Easter Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by okdaddy393: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2016
jnrbayano:

Which grace was there when Isaac married Rebecca?
we re in a dispensation of grace.....not of works
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by sarutobie(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2016
emmanwaka:
No woman is the right person for u, but adjustment from the both sides can make her the right person
flesh and blood did not reveal this wisdom to you. This encapsulates the entire discussion...

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Greatidonis:
Yes , it's more of Fate and Luck. I'm a very stubborn dude that does not waste time to raise my voice. I'm ready to go Muhammed Ali if you say you won chance me. But lucky anough to marry an angel that you can't hear her voice. Extremely gentle the kind of girl that can't stand and quarrell like must Nigerian wives do. Sometimes I wonder if I ended up with those kind of women who raise their voices on the husband like a house boy. Lol, I can't stand such, I go carry slap reset your brain.
Thank God for my kind of wifey.

Yeah. I'm really sure you're happy you have the kind of wifey you control and bend at will. Not the type that suits your stubbornness. Poor woman. grin

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by itzsniper(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2016
chachanga:
A little bit of both plus a lot of God's grace, mercy and help!

Men hide a lot behind their gifts and cool convos, ladies hide a lot behind their dimples, blushes and breathtaking beauty but God alone is the Revealer of all Intents and will keep you from anything that will potentially derail your life later on in the future.

Go with God my brova
&hav a gr8 weekend!
everytin is go wit God, for godamn sake must w always connect everytin to God? y d black is still far far behind tho

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by hollas2jnr(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Personally, i think either being lucky or personal brilliance could get it done. Nonetheless, one needs to shine his eyes very well not to be swayed away by love alone. I'll look out for her character #must not nag#, the family, dreams and vision, perspective, spontaneous reactions to events and most importantly, that she isn't materialistic!

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by okdaddy393: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2016
echodrum:

So what about people who do not know or believe in God but still keep good marriage? If that is possible then it means that God is definitely out of the talk. For Christ sake, when will people learn to keep God out of their failures?.
No, it is not necessary for you to be a believer or a dis-believer to have God's grace actually

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Flyingngel(m): 10:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Marrying today is by the grace of God especially now where our morals has been eroded. I am a married man, pls don't marry because of beauty. Because when the two are together for atleast 5 months if she is not good that beauty will fly away and u will get annoyed at any slight provocation.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by okdaddy393: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2016
still on grace
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by jnrbayano(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2016
okdaddy393:
we re in a dispensation of grace.....not of works

Did you read my question?

When Isaac married Rebecca, which grace was there?

If you say it wasn't "grace" that assisted him, then, was Rebecca a bad choice/wife?

Mind you, the discourse is on marriage. Not on salvation.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by chachanga: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
itzsniper:
everytin is go wit God, for godamn sake must w always connect everytin to God? y d black is still far far behind tho

Ahh, bros abeg jump down from my bus o. Jump down Abeg, go enter BRT! because, Na wetin dey work for me I dey prescribe.

Sorry
If the God part dey vex you but
If up nor like am, ehn,
You fit
"GO WITH DEVIL!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by chachanga: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
echodrum:

So what about people who do not know or believe in God but still keep good marriage? If that is possible then it means that God is definitely out of the talk. For Christ sake, when will people learn to keep God out of their failures?.

True, countless irreligious folks have enjoyed marital bliss for since millennia past.

But, for religious folk who already have religion as a fixed component of their personality and lifestyle.

Inculcating personal faith in the process has been known to be an aid to marital integration. Infact, marital compatibility is a known catalyst to lasting unions.

Fables aside, this stuff works for some of us. Kindly, let us be with our beliefs.

There's freedom of association ans beliefs, pls.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by chachanga: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
jnrbayano:

When Abram married Sarai, which grace was there?

The grace of the "God of Abraham, (I$@@c & Jacob) I guess! grin
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by echodrum(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
okdaddy393:
No, it is not necessary for you to be a believer or a dis-believer to have God's grace actually
you mean people whose marriages fail are couples who do not have the grace of God in their marriages?
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by jnrbayano(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
chachanga:

The grace of the "God of Abraham, (I$@@c & Jacob) I guess! grin

Lol.

If there was such grace, why did Jesus come?

Look at this:

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

John 1:17

So I ask again, which grace did Abram use to marry Sarai?
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by PinketteDawn: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
Waspy:
Yoruba folks will say... .Oja okunkun ni igbeyawo i.e Marriage (Choosing a life partner) is black market. What you see is not a always what you get

Abi ohh?

Mom will say it's like a package. You get home to open it, whatever you see inside you accept it. Though I don't quite agree with her. You CHOOSE whether to accept it or not.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by reciprocal(f): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
is a thing of luck. besides no man appears bad while wooing a lady ..so how would you know who is good or bad
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by funkymatics(f): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
i dont believe in luck (chance) but i know its just God's favour,grace and mercy that helps in choosing right. even the devil wants an angel for a wife so any one can pretend to be good, pretty, rich,well mannered just to get married. A spouse suitable for your past present and future can only be given by God. So plan How you can toast God so that he will make it happen.
N.B it's my point of view so don't quote me if yours is contrary, just read and keep reading...
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by PinketteDawn: 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Flyingngel:
Marrying today is by the grace of God especially now where our morals has been eroded. I am a married man, pls don't marry because of beauty. Because when the two are together for atleast 5 months if she is not good that beauty will fly away and u will get annoyed at any slight provocation.

The word 'good' is very relative. What is not good to A, may be good to B. If a man does not love a woman, the slightest thing she says or does will make her a bad woman to that man. It doesn't mean the woman is a bad woman.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by PinketteDawn: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Donald7610:
I was unlucky
It's my stupidity called love
No be God's work, God has given us the power to choose what you want
Be prayerful then God will help you out
Don't mix love with sentiment
Delay might be blessing

It was not love.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by PinketteDawn: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
goodnewscliff:
if anyone dont get to know 60 percent of his/her in less than 2years, then he is not even investigational...u get to know smone by the way he or she speaks, talks act in some situation..if u the careful type , his or her action will leave a trace of who the person really is....if sum1 is reasonable, HOW CAN U DATE SOMEONE FOR 2,3,4 YEARS AND STILL NOT KNOW THAT PERSON WITH THE EXCUSE OF PEOPLE PRETENDING TO BE GOOD AT FIRST AND BAD AFTER MARRIAGE Such a person ought to go to REHAB....A GOOD OBSERVER CAN KNOW GENIUNE 70PERCENT INFO ON HIS/HER SPOUSE.....TALKING 4RM XPERIENCE

100% right. You will always know. Just that there is this false hope that the person will change...lol
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by jayney404: 1:09am On Jul 11, 2016
You are not lucky, you are mega lucky!
Greatidonis:
Yes , it's more of Fate and Luck. I'm a very stubborn dude that does not waste time to raise my voice. I'm ready to go Muhammed Ali if you say you won chance me. But lucky anough to marry an angel that you can't hear her voice. Extremely gentle the kind of girl that can't stand and quarrell like must Nigerian wives do. Sometimes I wonder if I ended up with those kind of women who raise their voices on the husband like a house boy. Lol, I can't stand such, I go carry slap reset your brain.
Thank God for my kind of wifey.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by zed7: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2016
For those saying it's God's blessings, how come some people doing God's work couldn't get it right. Eg are the two Chris' and others. If God chooses a partner for you then doesn't it contradict the concept of freewill which the bible emphasizes? God doesn't choose for people, we choose ourselves. That's why the bible says he who FINDETH a wife not he who I found a wife for.
I still think luck is there. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't even though we have our individual brilliance and ability to read people. Such abilities have been known to fail. The heart of man is too deep, even we don't know what we're capable of, not to talk of another being knowing.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by bukatyne(f): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2016
@OP:

Most people do not discover themselves/ what they want to be before setting out to marry and hence choose the wrong spouse who is not equipped to support them (morally, spiritually, etc.)

Our likes & dislikes constantly change so our partners have to be intune to the changes as we are intune with theirs..

There is also the place of 'grace'; 'luck'; 'prayers' etc during choosing.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by survemeka(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Would say a bit of both though your brilliance works better if you are lucky to get the right partner.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
funkymatics:
i dont believe in luck (chance) but i know its just God's favour,grace and mercy that helps in choosing right. even the devil wants an angel for a wife so any one can pretend to be good, pretty, rich,well mannered just to get married. A spouse suitable for your past present and future can only be given by God. So plan How you can toast God so that he will make it happen.
N.B it's my point of view so don't quote me if yours is contrary, just read and keep reading...

....pls sisi,

I quoted you as against your wish just bcs after reading ur post I bursted into laughter that Drew's everyone's attention ...pls..
pls

you have thought me a lesson today which I'll always apply.

so if someone has a contrary view two you're submission he shouldn't quote you.

rather he should ...just ...read.. read.. read. ..just read dey goo.....kkkkkkkkkkk... hehee uve killed meoooo

thank you for that idea, we are in d learning process everyday.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by goodnewscliff(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
2 years ke abi first 5 mins
lol
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
Though I'm not looking for a spouse. When the time comes The Lord will guide me

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Ask4Info: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Donald7610:
I was unlucky
It's my stupidity called love
No be God's work, God has given us the power to choose what you want
Be prayerful then God will help you out
Don't mix love with sentiment
Delay might be blessing

Can you share your experience please?

Are you still in the marriage?

Quote me if you are sharing. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by funkymatics(f): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
carmag:

....pls sisi,

I quoted you as against your wish just bcs after reading ur post I bursted into laughter that Drew's everyone's attention ...pls..
pls

you have thought me a lesson today which I'll always apply.

so if someone has a contrary view two you're submission he shouldn't quote you.

rather he should ...just ...read.. read.. read. ..just read dey goo.....kkkkkkkkkkk... hehee uve killed meoooo

thank you for that idea, we are in d learning process everyday.
I also smiled as I read your comment.
and ofcourse it wasn't contrary so you are very welcomed.
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by Missonas(f): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2016
echodrum:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] you mean people whose marriages fail are couples who do not have the grace of God in their marriages?
No he means that failed marriages could come from a number of issues but working with God makes you overcome them.Its takes you to work at it with God
Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by TV01(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Processor01:
TV01 - Your attention is needed here sir grin
Holá Bro'. How far? Hope all is well. I didn't like the OP as it seemed to suggest little that one could do to "risk-proof" ones home.

From a purely Christian perspective, I believe and have experienced the following;
Ecclesiastes 7:26 And I find more bitter than death The woman whose heart is snares and nets, Whose hands are fetters. He who pleases God shall escape from her, But the sinner shall be trapped by her.

It is fitting for a mature Christian man to boldly search for a wife, if he commits his ways to God, he will not go wrong.

I actually like to believe that as marriage was instituted by God, he may even intervene on behalf of unbelievers. I never heard of a union that went wrong that didn't flag up potentially damaging issues beforehand. But without discernment or maturity, they can be ignored, or overridden by feelings.

I met a few women who at first glance I thought "wifey for sure". But I simply could not ignore the warnings, regardless of what I felt or wanted.

Yet still, people from strong families, with a proud heritage and robust marriage culture, will possess the wherewithal to raise and guide their children aright when it comes to marriage. Truly, it is not Brain science, or rocket surgery grin.

Read this post. It's the Emir of Kano defending - or explaining - his marriage to a 4th wife of 18 years. Not that I agree with polygamy, or even the age gap in this case, my point here is the clear elucidation he gives regards marriage tradition and expectation amongst his people.
https://www.nairaland.com/2632649/emir-sanusis-response-marriage-saadatu#38507290

Marriage is a serious business, not a pot-luck meal. Treat it as such.

TV

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Spouse: Luck Or Personal Brilliance by SenatorJames(m): 12:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Work and pray. Working is your duty while prayer delivers your workings to God for final success

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Buy Washing Machine / 4 Reasons Why Family Is Better Than Friends / I Didn’t Divorce My Wife For Supporting Buhari – Man (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.