Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer (37215 Views)

Father And Son Arrested For Selling Hard Drugs To Students In Lagos (Photos) / Shocking Ways Drugs Have Been Smuggled Across The World's Borders(Photos) / NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Islie: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2016
• Spain- based designer also nabbed

A Tanzania- based Nigerian Footballer, Mr. Seriki Muktar Adebayo , who was arrested for drug trafficking by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA ), yesterday , said he had no choice than to embrace drug trafficking. Adebayo, 26, was nabbed with 2.070 kgs of heroin onboard an Ethiopian Airline flight from Mozambique. He said: “After a fruitless search for a football club in Tanzania for some months, I moved to Mozambique. Still, I could not secure a club .

In the process, I exhausted my money and was stranded. I was so disappointed and frustrated that I needed to return home. At that point, I had no choice than to agree to smuggle drugs. I regret my action.”

Also arrested alongside Adebayo was Rita Godfrey, 46. She collected 1.525 kgs of cocaine while at the airport in Dubai, on her way from Spain. The wraps of cocaine were packed inside duty- free polythene bag. She was intercepted during inward screening of passengers, on an Emirate flight from Dubai. Rita said that she was promised N500,000 to smuggle the drugs from Dubai.

She added: “I’ m a trainee fashion designer living in Spain. I had financial problem and was introduced into drug trafficking by a friend. They told me that somebody would give me the drug while on transit in Dubai. While at the airport, a man approached me and asked if I was Rita. He introduced himself; he said he was from my friend and gave me the drug in a duty free bag.

I was surprised when the drug was discovered here because it was not hidden at all. I never checked it. I just kept it in my bag the way it was given to me. ”
The Chairman of NDLEA, Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (rtd.), promised to dismantle drug syndicates in the country. Abdallah gave the assurance as the Agency released its scorecard at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos between January and June 2016.

He said that 63 suspected drug traffickers were arrested with 484.11kgs of drugs. Suspected drug barons also abandoned 336.090kgs of the seized drugs. Abdallah said that Nigeria would continue to subscribe to the principle of shared responsibility and international collaboration in dismantling drug cartels .

He added: “The Agency is maximising the benefits of Airport Communication Programme (AIRCOP) by coordinating joint international operations. We will continue to build capacity in risk analysis, drug detection methodology and tracing of illicit drug proceeds.

This is aimed at identifying and dismantling criminal networks. ” The NDLEA boss noted that the Agency reacted swiftly to new tactics of drug trafficking by intercepting 22.530 kgs of drugs originating from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

“As an intelligencedriven Agency, we realised the sudden use of Dubai as a transit point for cocaine originating from South America and successfully arrested 13 suspects with 22.530 kgs of cocaine coming from Dubai,” said Abdallah.

According to the airport commander, Mr . Ahmadu Garba , those arrested include 46 males and 17 females. The breakdown of drugs are as follows; Cocaine, 35kgs , Heroin 8.460 kg , Methamphetamine 54 . 4 kg, Ephedrine 6.120 kg, Cannabis 5.470 kg and Psychotropic substances 374.630 kg.

Twenty suspects were nabbed attempting to export drugs while 25 were caught importing drugs into the country.

Eighteen suspects were apprehended during follow- up operations. Ten suspected traffickers were caught importing 7.695 kgs of cocaine from Brazil while 13 other suspects were arrested with 22.530 kgs of cocaine from Dubai . The three abandoned seizures include 25kgs of methamphetamine going to South Africa, 311kgs of tramadol originating from India and 0.090 grammes of cocaine from Brazil.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/smuggled-drugs-survive-says-footballer/

1 Like

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by mhisbliss(f): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2016
What an essay, reading it is like exercising

4 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by TDonald: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Who would have believed that the brown roofers also do DRUGS shocked

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by ijustdey: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2016
A Tanzania- based Nigerian Footballer, Mr. Seriki Muktar Adebayo, who was arrested for drug trafficking by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA ),

Also arrested alongside Adebayo was Rita Godfrey, 46. She collected 1.525 kgs of cocaine while at the airport in Dubai, on her way from Spain.

the score is even here.......

so I guess name checkers would be disappointed

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by wasco24: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
hardworking people of Nigeria and brown roof Republic

Unah weldon

But buhari why are you trying to Southernized drug business

38 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Sirmuel1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
NCA!!!!

Reporting live from Jos, Plateau State!!!!

grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by AntiWailer: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
U can not train hard to survive.

Eediot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
I expected to see a wise man from the east, but to my dismay, this time around, its a west side nigger that is disgracing lord lugard's invention.
Thank God say them add adebayo to the name, if not them for just dash am give us, say na Hausa man, but this brilliant journalist did his job well. Keep it up Oga journalist. please always remember to add the tribal name.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by greatness22(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mr. Seriki Muktar
Adebayo

VERIFIED

Please, all members and executives of Name Checkers Association of Nigeria Delta State Chapter are here by advise to be patient, the delay of the June salary was caused by the bank management, you will recieve your alert in the next 48hours

sign;
greatness22, Delta state chairman

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by SeverusSnape(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Too bad. Pardon him.
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Kakamorufu(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
damn it mr adebayo, am spitchless

17 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Mikehell(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Oya food don land for NNCA grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Abodunrin07(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
That's bad
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Flexherbal(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
People always have reasons to commit crime.
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by saintfaculty(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
grin
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by lilslick(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by arthurousman: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
NNCA reporting from onitsha unfortunately brown roof republic are disappointed

32 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by depezee(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
The brown roofers from the waste.rn Republic of odour will be disappointed with this thread.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by CAPSLOCKED: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Sirmuel1:

MY GUY...

THAT IS HOW YOU BOOK SPACES AND LEAVE SOME BLANK FOR MONTHS.
YOUR SPACES ARE JUST EVERY WHERE LIKE YOU'RE WAITING FOR THEIR VALUE TO APPRECIATE SO YOU SELL THEM. grin

22 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by igboboy3(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
I only came to share handkerchief to all the disappointed name-checkers who are crying.

grin grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Owode1: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Spade07: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
LORD FORGIVE ME FOR I JUST CHECKED THE OFFENDERS NAME, I PROMISE NOT TO DO IT AGAIN. grin
HAHAHAHAHA.... NCA WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by BOKO52(m): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dirty footballer....rubbish, nonsense see as them dy spoil 9ja name everywia dey go..
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by yemajiteru(m): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Kai.... Disobedient Boy... .

Nd mum would have for ones told him not to do such thing oooo
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by DannyJ19(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nw person wea giv dem d package go continue lyf while dem enta kirikiri..
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

MY GUY...

THAT IS HOW YOU BOOK SPACES AND LEAVE SOME BLANK FOR MONTHS.
YOUR SPACES ARE JUST EVERY WHERE LIKE YOU'RE WAITING FOR THEIR VALUE TO APPRECIATE SO YOU SELL THEM. grin
lol
Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by shamecurls(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Disappointed!

But I have a strong belief that the guy had his secondary and university Education in the Middle-East lipsrsealed

He probably was influenced.

NCA
Syria Branch

12 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Pavore9: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
They want fast money, messing up other people's chances!

1 Like

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Victorvexz(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
The name is confusing, OP are you sure that's his name?

6 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by tyson99(m): 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
werey omokomo u spoil my market today,i only came to read news not checking name

6 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Here 2 check names

2 Likes

Re: Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer by Arewa12: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
chai c bad market. God save me say i neva gamble ma left eyes. NCA Surulere branch don enter gbese.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph / Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery / My Experience In NDLEA Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.