Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,597 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., (2916 Views)

Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) / Grasscutter Farming - The Best Information You Can Get! / Grasscutter Farming--the Money-making-money-spinning Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by DiligentMan: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2016
I guess a lot has been said about the need for Nigeria and Nigerians to look into agriculture as a means of livelihood. To this effect I want to enlighten us of the prospects held in grasscutter farming.

Grasscutter also known as cane rat is a delicacey in Nigeria and is usually found in the forest. This breed of meat has however been successfully domesticated.

Compared to other livestock, it's pretty cheap to keep as they require very little "stress" , almost zero cost of feeding (compared to poultry 80%-85% expenditure on feeding)

Grasscutters also have a very high birth rate (3-11 cuttlings per birth) and provided their cages are properly taken care of their youngs don't require much to take care of them.

With proper management, they give birth twice a year (gestation period is 5mths)

The market for grasscutters is quite large as demand is always more than supply

Interested would be farmers can catch me on whatsapp for further discussions and trainings. I'll also email interested farmers materials on how to set their grasscutter farms.

My fellow farmers this isn't rocket science as it's so easy to learn and if you are dilligent in the hustle it can become ones major income source.

Major factors to consider are

1) The colony of grasscuter (1 male and 4 females)

2) Cages (which should be partitioned but have a space linking it)

3) Feeding bowls for water

4) Bottle of bleach (for disinfecting purposes)

*I'm also into other micro livestocks like rabbits, guineapigs, snails (especially for those starting small)

Interested? Add +234 802 327 7707 on whatsapp

1 Share

Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by crestedaguiyi: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hiw do I believe you when the pix attached is not a live pics but computer graphic design

1 Like

Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by Tatia(m): 1:14am On Jul 09, 2016
Agridok 52
Let's talk how to market grass utters
Let's have a discussion on what could be done to increase litter size
Let's talk how to minimize mortality....
Then you can have attention.
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by DiligentMan: 2:10am On Jul 09, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
Hiw do I believe you when the pix attached is not a live pics but computer graphic design

Oh my beloved brother/sister, you don't have to believe me. I never wrote that the pics attached was mine, and for your informations sir or madam, it's the munch of a book cover about grasscutters. Thanks you
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by crestedaguiyi: 5:39am On Jul 09, 2016
DiligentMan:

Oh my beloved brother/sister, you don't have to believe me. I never wrote that the pics attached was mine, and for your informations sir or madam, it's the munch of a book cover about grasscutters. Thanks you

Post pics from your farm .I want to learn from real farmers with experience not book vendors who have not practiced what they preach

2 Likes

Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by EnoAkpanOctober(m): 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
DiligentMan:

Thanks a lot for the help chief... Been in the group and apprecciate the free materials given... Well everyone is entitled to his or her opinion on social media or anywhere else, but cynicism aint the best... Thanks @ Diligent man, you don try
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by DiligentMan: 2:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Tatia:
Agridok 52
Let's talk how to market grass utters
Let's have a discussion on what could be done to increase litter size
Let's talk how to minimize mortality....
Then you can have attention.

About marketing them though it's not a difficult thing per se. There are various places that serve it as a delicacy (eateries, hotels, even clubs), as in regular marketing it's how you sell that may matter. Let's your prospects know the benefit of the meat healthwise etc. However from my small experience, it's not been "difficult" making sales.

Minimising mortality, well this boils down to how clean their cages are and also how clean the farm is. Grasscutters are not prone to illness, but a simple sprinking ow washing the area where their cages are kept will help keep germs away, they rarely suffer infant mortality, again from my own "small" experience.

Cheers
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by LaProspero: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
Let me introduce you to the latest, most affordable and most widely used automatic water drinking technology that can be easily accessible to your birds and all livestocks like grasscutters, pigs, rabbits, goats, cattle, etc.

The whole idea was gotten from the fact that poultry and other livestock farmers suffer a lot; going through the daily routine stress of giving water to their birds and livestocks.
This technology doesn't require electricity to perform it's operation, it is a stress free technology, it stops water spills in your poultry/livestock farm which prevents sporulation of coccidial oocyst that infect your
birds through water or direct picking from droppings thereby eliminating animal water diseases (e.g. coccidiosis) in your poultry farm.
Ensure livestocks do not perch and defecate in water hence making water free from contamination.
You will start enjoying the fruit of your labour the more in poultry once you install this stress free automatic watering technology in your farm for both birds and livestock. We can supply/install for your farm within a maximum of 5 working days in any part of this country.

BENEFITS OF INSTALlING AUTOMATIC WATER DRINKERS THAT PROVIVES 24/7 UNTERRUPTED WATER SUPPLY TO YOUR LIVESTOCKS INCLUDES:
1. It reduces animal water monitoring need to maximum of once daily against 3 - 5 times daily. It doesn’t require electricity.
2. Ease vaccines/drugs administration on animals.
3. Saves the stress of cleaning water through/Bowl/Bucket need.
4. Animals' drinking water is stored in a more hygienic medium which prevents water contamination and related diseases from contaminated water.
5. Animal cages/hutch are not messed up by spilled drinking water, the cage/hutch becomes more hygienic.
6. It saves space that would've been occupied by convectional water buckets/drinkers.

Imagine you have a big farm that houses about 5 to15 drinkers and you always get overwhelmed bringing them out for washing and returning them with filled water almost 3-4 times everyday, this will make livestock farming boring. Just save yourself that stress today and give me a call.

We can also install for you
Contact me through: GSM,SMS,WhatsApp 08067672343.
E-mail: delaprospero255@gmail.com

Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by Umarlulu: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
DiligentMan:
I guess a lot has been said about the need for Nigeria and Nigerians to look into agriculture as a means of livelihood. To this effect I want to enlighten us of the prospects held in grasscutter farming.

Grasscutter also known as cane rat is a delicacey in Nigeria and is usually found in the forest. This breed of meat has however been successfully domesticated.

Compared to other livestock, it's pretty cheap to keep as they require very little "stress" , almost zero cost of feeding (compared to poultry 80%-85% expenditure on feeding)

Grasscutters also have a very high birth rate (3-11 cuttlings per birth) and provided their cages are properly taken care of their youngs don't require much to take care of them.

With proper management, they give birth twice a year (gestation period is 5mths)

Interested would be farmers can catch me on whatsapp for further discussions and trainings. I'll also email interested farmers materials on how to set their grasscutter farms.

My fellow farmers this isn't rocket science as it's so easy to learn and if you are dilligent in the hustle it can become ones major income source.

*I'm also into other micro livestocks like rabbits, guineapigs, snails (especially for those starting small)

How much grasscutter cost per 1
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by Iseoluwani: 2:36am On Aug 30, 2016
DiligentMan:

How much does your rabbits, guinea corn cost and location pls
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by DiligentMan: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
Iseoluwani:

How much does your rabbits, guinea corn cost and location pls
my phone number is on the original message... Cheers
Re: Grasscutter (micro Livestock) Farming : The A.B.C., by DiligentMan: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
LaProspero:
Let me introduce you to the latest, most affordable and most widely used automatic water drinking technology that can be easily accessible to your birds and all livestocks like grasscutters, pigs, rabbits, goats, cattle, etc.

The whole idea was gotten from the fact that poultry and other livestock farmers suffer a lot; going through the daily routine stress of giving water to their birds and livestocks.
This technology doesn't require electricity to perform it's operation, it is a stress free technology, it stops water spills in your poultry/livestock farm which prevents sporulation of coccidial oocyst that infect your
birds through water or direct picking from droppings thereby eliminating animal water diseases (e.g. coccidiosis) in your poultry farm.
Ensure livestocks do not perch and defecate in water hence making water free from contamination.
You will start enjoying the fruit of your labour the more in poultry once you install this stress free automatic watering technology in your farm for both birds and livestock. We can supply/install for your farm within a maximum of 5 working days in any part of this country.

BENEFITS OF INSTALlING AUTOMATIC WATER DRINKERS THAT PROVIVES 24/7 UNTERRUPTED WATER SUPPLY TO YOUR LIVESTOCKS INCLUDES:
1. It reduces animal water monitoring need to maximum of once daily against 3 - 5 times daily. It doesn’t require electricity.
2. Ease vaccines/drugs administration on animals.
3. Saves the stress of cleaning water through/Bowl/Bucket need.
4. Animals' drinking water is stored in a more hygienic medium which prevents water contamination and related diseases from contaminated water.
5. Animal cages/hutch are not messed up by spilled drinking water, the cage/hutch becomes more hygienic.
6. It saves space that would've been occupied by convectional water buckets/drinkers.

Imagine you have a big farm that houses about 5 to15 drinkers and you always get overwhelmed bringing them out for washing and returning them with filled water almost 3-4 times everyday, this will make livestock farming boring. Just save yourself that stress today and give me a call.

We can also install for you
Contact me through: GSM,SMS,WhatsApp 08067672343.
E-mail: delaprospero255@gmail.com
well, I'll need someone to construct that type of cage...

(1) (Reply)

Tiger Nuts Export Business Class / Rice Processing Process Introduction With Pic / Meet - Agribusiness Consultant For Farm Planning Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.