Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone (19772 Views)

Learn To Develop Android & Ios Apps Without Writing Codes(free Tutorial) / How To Lock Apps With Fingerprint On Any Infinix Phone Running Android 7 Nougat / How To Lock Your Apps With Password Or Fingerprint On Infinix XUI 2.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by John1305(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Baba, shiftu.. @ Oga carry on..
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Emmysky(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
*walks in ,takes a gallant sit and siddon with my book and biro waiting6
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Emmysky:
*walks in ,takes a gallant sit and siddon with my book and biro waiting6

jotting something...
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by destino24(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Yes with AIDE.
Are you using it already?

Tried, but Android studio on PC is still better
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Borwe: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Which book is the op himself using?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Obagoblog(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Nice!
Just want to know if learning these programming languages really worth it in the aspect of payment because of the stress and time involved...
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
**picks biro nd grabs book** oya Op Ayaf ready oo
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Nico4luv: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Op, I'm waiting.....
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Machogan(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
Am in.......bro!
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Oahray: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
destino24:

why you sef go dey compare them? Even Eclipse on pc isn't as good as Android Studio, much less AIDE a phone app.

Still it's good to know that one can learn the basics Android Development on phone. The op has good intentions. Appreciate it.

4 Likes

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Obagoblog:

Just want to know if learning these programming languages really worth it in the aspect of payment because of the stress and time involved...

Honestly, i don't know. I'm an entrepreneur, i create my own jobs so i don't know if really it's worth it in terms of working for a company.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Obagoblog:

Actually, am considering learning python, Java and php during my 1 year IT program next year...

Hey bro
Please which IT program is that?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by IrradiatoR: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
we are waiting on you o
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
Hey guys,

So, not everyone can easily afford a laptop BUT that shouldn't stop you from doing something cool... Like becoming an android developer, building apps for fun and even earning extra cash while doing it.

I'm thinking of teaching guys (and ladies of course) who want to learn android development how to build apps using their android phone.

What do you guys think about this idea?
Indicate if you're interested and also follow this thread, we'll use it for planning.

I'm in bruh
It will be a great experience
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
destino24:

Sure Android Studio should be better.

Not everyone has a PC. That's what this thread is for - those who want to learn but do not have a PC.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by IrradiatoR: 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Sure Android Studio should be better.

Not everyone has a PC. That's what this thread is for - those who want to learn but do not have a PC.

when is it starting bro?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
IrradiatoR:
when is it starting bro?
Chill bro... Currently crafting the next post.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Mekanus(m): 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Abeg Oga driver na here I dy stop. Driver stop the bus na *jumps out of moving bus* Ehe op no mind that yeye driver, abeg let the lectures begin

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Obagoblog(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Honestly, i don't know. I'm an entrepreneur, i create my own jobs so i don't know if really it's worth it in terms of working for a company.
Yes. That's what am talking about. Being an Entrepreneur programmer
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Kanmyos(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
GETTING STARTED...
You all are welcome to the thread. Lets put things in place so we can start asap.

Things you'll need to participate in this tutorial class:
1. Your android phone must be running on at least android version 2.3.
2. AIDE app. (Go to playstore, search and download "AIDE" on your phone)

there re many aide on play store... which one should I download?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Kanmyos(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
GETTING STARTED...
You all are welcome to the thread. Lets put things in place so we can start asap.

Things you'll need to participate in this tutorial class:
1. Your android phone must be running on at least android version 2.3.
2. AIDE app. (Go to playstore, search and download "AIDE" on your phone)

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Dfinex(f): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mekanus:
Abeg Oga driver na here I dy stop. Driver stop the bus na *jumps out of moving bus* Ehe op no mind that yeye driver, abeg let the lectures begin

lolzzxxx...no break ur leg o.

oyaa...shift make I sit down near u. anyone wey oga lecturer talk I no understand, u go explain gi me cos e be like say u go sabi the thing. ....hahaha

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Dfinex(f): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Davidee. ....now I am calling u o, will u not start the lecture?. if I miss any part.......be ready for what will follow
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Mekanus(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dfinex:

lolzzxxx...no break ur leg o.

oyaa...shift make I sit down near u. anyone wey oga lecturer talk I no understand, u go explain gi me cos e be like say u go sabi the thing. ....hahaha
Hahahaha abeg no distract me ooo
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Ajiswaggs(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
I don reach my last bus stop wink

I just love programming, hacking and web designing though an mech Engr student
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dfinex:
Davidee. ....now I am calling u o, will u not start the lecture?. if I miss any part.......be ready for what will follow

grin grin

Hope you've downloaded the app we would be using to write the code.
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by Earth2Metahuman: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
destino24:

is it based on WYSIWYG or just regular coding?
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by shirgles(m): 11:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm interested
08088992781 watsapp no
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
HOW OUR BUILDING TOOL - AIDE - WORKS
I believe by now you must have gotten the app we would be using to write and compile our codes. (If you've not, go to playstore, search and download AIDE)

Using AIDE and Building your first app
-- I'm explaining this with AIDE for android version 2.3. There might be little difference in AIDE for higher android versions just follow closely.
I would try and explain things in layman terms --

Building Your first app - Hello World

- Open the AIDE app.

- A pop up would appear with some lists.

- Select "Hello World" under 'Android App'.

The next screen that would pop up would show a form. This form has two fields - Name and PackageName.

* For this tutorial we would use......
Name: "MyFirstApp"
PackageName: com.learning.myfirstapp

After filling the form, click create.

The next screen that would appear is main.xml.

The main.xml is a layout file. Anything your eyes can see in an app - Text, Image, Button etc. - the code was written and saved in a layout file. A layout file is found is res/layout

Now click menu and select "Run".

Wait a while for it to finish compiling.

A pop up would appear asking you to install the app you just created.

There you go! Your first hello world app.

cheesy Chill we'll still get to the part where we'd build cool stuffs.

* Anatomy of Android Application *

There are few directories and files in the Android project you should be aware of their functions.

src

This contains the .java source files for your project. By default, it includes an MainActivity.java source file
having an activity class that runs when your app is launched using the app icon.
gen

This contains the .R file, a compiler-generated file that references (identifies) all the resources (.xml files, ids etc) found in your project. You should NEVER modify this file.
bin

This folder contains the Android package files .apk built by AIDE during the building process.
res/drawable-xxxx

This is a directory for drawable objects (images, app icons)
res/layout

This is a directory for files that define your app's user interface (anything your eyes can see on an app). By default, it includes an main.xml file.
res/values

This is a directory for other various XML files that contain a collection of resources, such as strings (texts) and colors definitions (color codes).
AndroidManifest.xml

This is the manifest file which describes the fundamental characteristics of the app and defines each of its
components.

As we progress i'll explain some of things this in detail

In the next update: We'll create a simple app that shows a toast notification when a button is clicked. What this means is i'll show you how to create a Button and respond to Button clicks.

Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by gaby85(m): 11:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one, I fully and wholely in
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by gaby85(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice one, I'm fully and wholely in
Re: Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone by DavidTheGeek: 12:04am On Jul 09, 2016
Kanmyos:
Many?

Download the one named "Aide" with an Android icon and a blue bracket by the side.

Don't download the "Aide premium key".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank Cards Not Working On Google Play / Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / How To Identify Refurbished blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.