Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi (24888 Views)

"I Generate Over 30MW From Generators Daily In My State" - Atiku Abubakar / Ministers Weep At Amina Mohammed's Valedictory Session / Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2016
After going through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3213384/umahi-presents-2016-prado-suvs where the governor of my state donated 2016 Prado suv which cost 15 million Naira each I wept bitterly because I know the poor condition of my state. I am from ebonyi state and am not a shame to tell people my state of origin. I am writing this article with tears in my eyes because even our South East brothers consider or see ebonyians as fools because of ebonyians don't go to school. People like me who are willing to go to school can't because no money but the governor prefer giving out 2016 suv to house members that already have many cars. Please my governor, what happens if you use that money which you used to acquire 2016 prado suvs for scholarship? I went to Lagos of a recent to pay my uncle a visit, believe me I discovered that 95% of the people hawking on the street are ebonyians. Why can't you Mr governor use this medium that street hawking has been banned in Lagos to call those ebonyians back home and relocate them to the newly built international markets which is now a den of criminal activities in the state please?

It is a slap in our face that we ebonyians can't access loan to even farm which we are good at my governor. I still won't forget a day an ebonyi guy met me and discovered that am from ebonyi in Lagos, he asked me to follow him and start doing Street hawking that I will make it. I told him, I can't because am here for a visit and even if I want to follow him my uncle won't let me hawk even though I need money seriously for my school which am still struggling to enter because no money. What's the fate of that guy now that street hawking has been banned in Lagos? Why can't you from that money and give loans to farmers in ebonyi, give scholarship to those willing to further their education, call those ebonyians hawking in different streets of every Nigeria state home and give them that international market to make use and pay a little money to the state government? I am not a politician and I will never put my hand into politic. I am in my 20s but I weep bitterly for this state because there are many talents wasting in this great state. I am writing this article to you my able Governor, Enginer David nweze umahi like a son to a father because am just 20 years old. Ebonyians in diaspora hawking, let's come back home and make a ebonyi a great state. Nothing good comes easy but I believe we will get there one day.

@Wisdomkosi.

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Vendoor(f): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Its not Just about Ebonyi state....

The entire citizens of Nigeria are frustrated and feed up of these stomach infrastructure leaders that parade themselves like bags of backward premitive old fools; whose only ambition is to squander and loot any available funds and impoverish even the unborn generations.

So sad embarassed

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Seun, lalastical, please don't let this thread die. I want the governor to hear the cry of the masses please not only that of the house members

31 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Annoyin Country.
Stupid governor...

37 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nature129(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
Seun, lalastical, please don't let this thread die. I want the governor to hear the cry of the masses please not only that of the house members

Sincerely, I understand how you feel. But if you want him to hear you people real quick, you should mobilise yourselves in your number and embark on "occupy Ebonyi" protest.

This way he will know you guys are not happy with him.

Nairaland is NOT the solution

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Abagworo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Rochas Okorocha forfeited his security votes and equally allocates substantial amount of Imo States monthly federal allocation but many Igbos have been attacking him for that. They claim free education is not important. Sometimes I wish I was Rochas Okorocha. I would have gladly stopped free education and chop my security votes like other Governors as well as increase my IGR by charging school fees.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by hummerwise(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
If you are not a graduate yet even with the few pardonable grammatical error you can still write like this,,,you deserve to be recognised and applauded...
but i want you to know alot of writeups like this have been written and gone without notice because this people will continue to embezzle everything like its their fore-fathers inheritance...
i just wanna employ you to try and strive on your own to achieve something in life because even your relative will never help you..

Nigeria will continue to be like this untill next generation of rich individuals will start seeing the next generation of poor people as having enough potentials by helping and lifting them up from the gutters.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nature129:

Sincerely, I understand how you feel. But if you want him to hear you people real quick, you should mobilise yourselves in your number and "occupy Ebonyi" protest.

This is the best advice. Mobilize disenchanted youths like you and "occupy Ebonyi". Whining on Nairaland won't have as much effect as a mass demonstration against such improvident act.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
hummerwise:
If you are not a graduate yet even with the few pardonable grammatical error you can still write like this,,,you deserve to be recognised and applauded...
but i want you to know alot of writeups like this have been written and gone without notice because this people will continue to embezzle everything like its their fore-fathers inheritance...
i just wanna employ you to try and strive on your own to achieve something in life because even your relative will never help you..

Nigeria will continue to be like this untill next generation of rich individuals will start seeing the next generation of poor people as having enough potentials by helping and lifting them up from the gutters.

Well thanks for your advice bro. I'm not a graduate, just a jambite

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
Seun, lalastical move this thread to front page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nature129:

Sincerely, I understand how you feel. But if you want him to hear you people real quick, you should mobilise yourselves in your number and "occupy Ebonyi" protest.

Na person wey don eat bella full dey protest bro. If not na jail you go enter, kpakam

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Vendoor:
Its not Just about Ebonyi state....

The entire citizens of Nigeria are frustrated and feed up of these stomach infrastructure leaders that parade themselves like bags of backward premitive old fools; whose only ambition is to squander and loot any available funds and impoverish even the unborn generations.

So sad embarassed
Nobody is happy.

5 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Jlow2: 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Nature129 post=47328172]

This way he will know you guys are not happy with him. [/quote der can neva be protest against d government in ebonyi, people of sheeplyk begets wolves as leaders.
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by AtlanticBreeze: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
The ebonyi state governor has gone mad.. Even rich states like Rivers and Lagos cannot afford such luxury and yet this is one of the poorest states with the poorest citizens in Nigeria. What a joke.. Ebonyi people should start destroying those vehicles on sight

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
The ebonyi state governor has gone mad.. Even rich states like Rivers and Lagos cannot afford such luxury and yet this is one of the poorest states with the poorest citizens in Nigeria. What a joke.. Ebonyi people should start destroying those vehicles on sight
I totally agree with you that ebonyi is the poorest state in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by AtlanticBreeze: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
I totally agree with you that ebonyi is the poorest state in Nigeria
not the poorest, one of the poorest but it doesnt matter though

9 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Blastos(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
After going through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3213384/umahi-presents-2016-prado-suvs where the governor of my state donated 2016 Prado suv which cost 15 million Naira each I wept bitterly because I know the poor condition of my state. I am from ebonyi state and am not a shame to tell people my state of origin. I am writing this article with tears in my eyes because even our South East brothers consider or see ebonyians as fools because of ebonyians don't go to school. People like me who are willing to go to school can't because no money but the governor prefer giving out 2016 suv to house members that already have many cars. Please my governor, what happens if you use that money which you used to acquire 2016 prado suvs for scholarship? I went to Lagos of a recent to pay my uncle a visit, believe me I discovered that 97% of the people hawking on the street are ebonyians. Why can't you Mr governor use this medium that street hawking has been banned in Lagos to call those ebonyians back home and relocate them to the newly built international markets which is now a den of criminal activities in the state please?

It is a slap in our face that we ebonyians can't assess loan to even farm which we are good at my governor. I still won't forget a day an ebonyi guy met me and discovered that am from ebonyi in Lagos, he asked me to follow him and start doing Street hawking that I will make it. I told him, I can't because am here for a visit and even if I want to follow him my uncle won't let me hawk even though I need money seriously for my school which am still struggling to enter because no money. What's the fate of that guy now that street hawking has been banned in Lagos? Why can't you from that money and give loans to farmers in ebonyi, give scholarship to those willing to further their education, call those ebonyi hawking in different streets of every Nigeria state home and give them that international market to make use and pay a little money to the state government? I am not a politician and I will never put my hand into politic. I am in my 20s but I weep bitterly for this state because there are many talents wasting in this great state. I am writing this article to you my able Governor, Enginer David nweze umahi like a son to a father because am just 20 years old. Ebonyians in diaspora hawking, let's come back home and make a ebonyi a great state. Nothing good comes easy but I believe we will get there one day.

Written by Wisdom N. @Wisdomkosi. Seun, lalastical, mynd4 help me push this to front page please

you this boy... Its either u are not from Ebonyi or u dont live here... I stay in Ebonyi and I can tell u dat what he did was in order.. Have u heard dat One of our HOA members was publicly disgraced by d CP citing reasons dat She didnt know because the police does not know their cars? Do you know dat some of our HOA members use their Friends and relatives' cars? Do u know dat these HOA members have not recieved any official car which is dia constitutional right as contained in d laws of d State? Do u know dat those cars were included in d 2016 budget which he is executing as well as other developmental projects? Do u know dat he has not bought any car for his cabinet members(commissioners and Special advisers)? U say Ebonyi people make up 75 percent of those hawking in Lagos, have u heard all d announcements dat Ebonyians should come back home? Should he go and arrest or bundle dem back to d state abi those wey dey d town dey hustle na mumu? U talk about poorest state, do u know how much IGR Ebonyi state Generates in a month? If u want to talk Sh*t about ur So called state Ebonyi, visit am 1st..... Peace.. Unu jokwa

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by CyerSeries: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blastos:

you this boy... Its either u are not from Ebonyi or u dont live here... I stay in Ebonyi and I can tell u dat what he did was in order.. Have u heard dat One of our HOA members was publicly disgraced by d CP citing reasons dat She didnt know because the police does not know their cars? Do you know dat some of our HOA members use their Friends and relatives' cars? Do u know dat these HOA members have not recieved any official car which is dia constitutional right as contained in d laws of d State? Do u know dat those cars were included in d 2016 budget which he is executing as well as other developmental projects? Do u know dat he has not bought any car for his cabinet members(commissioners and Special advisers)? U say Ebonyi people make up 75 percent of those hawking in Lagos, have u heard all d announcements dat Ebonyians should come back home? Should he go and arrest or bundle dem back to d state abi those wey dey d town dey hustle na mumu? U talk about poorest state, do u know how much IGR Ebonyi state Generates in a month? If u want to talk Sh*t about ur So called state Ebonyi, visit am 1st..... Peace.. Unu jokwa
what are you talking about? I'm from Ebonyi state and since I heard the news yesterday, I was so shocked that I don't even know what to say.. Why is the ediot wasting our money buying expensive SUV for legislators that does virtually nothing? Why didn't he buy one of these Toyota sedan cars that is cheaper? What happened to Inosson? With 5m each, innoson can make a very nice official car for them.. I support the OP, the governor goofed on this one.. So all the tax the masses are paying through their is just for them to live a luxury life? We will mobilize and send a strong message to them starting from the legislators.. Anyone seen driving that SUV should be dealt by the masses.. Nonsense angry

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blastos:

listen , am not here to exchange words with you am here to lecture you with facts. Now, why can't the governor patronize innoson? Why can't the governor go for cheaper cars? Don't lie that this house members don't have car each, Nigeria polictians that I know very well like luxury lifestyle and buying cars to showoff with be problem to them. Now listen again, so that next you won't rant on social media like nairaland, I didn't say 75%,i said 95 percent of hawkers are ebonyians if you doubt me, enter road and inquire from them. Mr man, listen again what provisions have the governor made before making the announcement? So they should come back to Ebonyi state and start watching Telemundo? You say am not from Ebonyi state, I laugh in swahili because I don't rant Like you Mr man.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
CyerSeries:
what are you talking about? I'm from Ebonyi state and since I heard the news yesterday, I was so shocked that I don't even know what to say.. Why is the ediot wasting our money buying expensive SUV for legislators that does virtually nothing? Why didn't he buy one of these Toyota sedan cars that is cheaper? What happened to Inosson? With 5m each, innoson can make a very nice official car for them.. I support the OP, the governor goofed on this one.. So all the tax the masses are paying through their is just for them to live a luxury life? We will mobilize and send a strong message to them starting from the legislators.. Anyone seen driving that SUV should be dealt by the masses.. Nonsense angry
Big bro, don't deal with those driving the suv because it's a gift from the governor and they have no reason to reject it but they should opt for made in Nigeria products. Leave that guy upon there, I think he reasons with dick, not brain.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by PRXPERT: 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wow! Ebonyi is really blessed with natural resources! But the government is silly and stupid.. I love afikpo like kilode! Unu jokwaaaooh!
I see a lot of opportunities in ebonyi everytime! Y'all should start speaking through a social media platform!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
PRXPERT:
Wow! Ebonyi is really blessed with natural resources! But the government is silly and stupid.. I love afikpo like kilode! Unu jokwaaaooh!
I see a lot of opportunities in ebonyi everytime! Y'all should start speaking through a social media platform!!!
who will answer us even if we speak through this platform?

5 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by PRXPERT: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
who will answer us even if we speak through this platform?
forget about who will answer! Why not start a hashtag on the hawking palaver! One of the moset influential female bloggers in nigeria is from ebonyi! You can start something maybe on twitter!! I see opportunities in every nook and cranny of ebonyi state! They have minerals in abundant, they are sitting on shale rock! They have water flowing from left to right! They are not worried of erosion, the shale rock, give them a lot of stability on foundation while building a house! So tell me? What are they asking for?

6 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Dgaffer(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
At op, you're right to some extent. I'm from Akaeze in Ivo LGA of Ebonyi state, i did my Degree program in Ebonyi state Uni but I'm here in Lagos state for my National Service....i must say that the state govt is trying in infrastructural development which is necessary but what abt human development which is essential as most of our Eboyians are hustling in the streets of Lagos and Onitsha with no place to lay head on..
The Govt should reduce the school/tutution fees in their state Unii so as to encourage the indigens to opt out from their minal jobs on Highways. Just as Senator Dr Sam Egwy did duribg his era as Governor..

I believe and know that Ebonyi will be better soonest considering the fast growth it has received so far within it's creation year

11 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
NgeneUkwenu I see you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
NgeneUkwenu I see you

Na PDP Governor?
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Na PDP Governor?
yes
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Dgaffer(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
PRXPERT:
forget about who will answer! Why not start a hashtag on the hawking palaver! One of the moset influential female bloggers in nigeria is from ebonyi! You can start something maybe on twitter!! I see opportunities in every nook and cranny of ebonyi state! They have minerals in abundant, they are sitting on shale rock! They have water flowing from left to right! They are not worried of erosion, the shale rock, give them a lot of stability on foundation while building a house! So tell me? What are they asking for?

Bro one of the probs there os naivety and most if our influencial peeps there are corrupt and greedy..
It's there dat you will see a politician with govt approved designated cash for project.he will use it on his personal project while his people will be suffering

It is in my state dat they use Rice and Salt..when i mean rice.i mean a tin Delica of rice with #50 salt and smallest tin tomatoes to lue people to their side and after election. The people are left to die in starvation and with series of diseases like lassa fever etc as some of them see bush rat as their biggest bush meat to their reach

#I CRY FOR MY EBONYI PEOPLE

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dgaffer:

Bro one of the probs there os naivety and most if our influencial peeps there are corrupt and greedy..
It's there dat you will see a politician with govt approved designated cash for project.he will use it on his personal project while his people will be suffering

It is in my state dat they use Rice and Salt..when i mean rice.i mean a tin Delica of rice with #50 salt and smallest tin tomatoes to lue people to their side and after election. The people are left to die in starvation and with series of diseases like lassa fever etc as some of them see bush rat as their biggest bush meat to their reach

#I CRY FOR MY EBONYI PEOPLE
Happy that my fellow Ebonyian is helping me to cry out loud. We are suffering and smiling here. Seun, lalastical mynd44, I won't let you guys rest till you do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Dgaffer(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Na PDP Governor?

My dear, it's not abiut the political party dear but the retardness and naivety of my people's reasoning is the big ish seriously

It's just during Sam Egwu era dat some started paving ways in academic pursuits

But i still see future with the present administration considering the phobia of Buhari's anti corruption program will foster seriousness in them

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by sharonbaron(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Blastos:

Young man i don't think you understand the op's grouse. No one is against the governor buying cars for the lawmakers but why will he spend 15 million for a car when he can buy cheaper vehicles.
This is a state that recieves the second lowest allocation from the federation account.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Has Not Called Us - Family Of Man Killed By Her Orderly / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Weighs Options Between APC, PDP / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.