Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (27017 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Pedrop: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
pacino26:

Exactly what I had in mind, for the National Assembly to cut down their allowances and the cost of governance nation wide. Hold them to pass the bills there or remain inside since they so much love during allowance without actually sitting.

This is should be a start.

Yes, once their pay is made unattractive, patriotic citizens will then contest will the sole aim to serve the public.

Current salaries, allocations, allowances our leaders receive make them consider what they are going to gain fro themselves before public interest if at all they would even remember public interest, hence, the do or die nature of our politics and its invasion by rascals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by ikbnice(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
this is what I have been waiting for. How and where do we start from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Pedrop: 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lalasticlala and Mynd44 thsi should top and remain on frontpage for 1 month at least. Play ur part and save Nigeria, not banning Biafrans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm in. I'm 100% in.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Hage: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Johnrake69:
This is a follow up thread to the referenced thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me#47274430.

Went through the aforementioned thread last night, and I really wept at the level of suffering that has been passed down to us by the elites.

Last night I couldn't sleep cos of the pain and agony. Then, a thought came to me that we really can make a positive change and that we are not outnumbered, but rather, we are just unorganized. A 10million Nigerian youths can make a difference. Can ten million Nigerian youths converge at National Assembly or the state house? And every youth should know that if we don't protest now, posterity will judge us, our children will so curse our existence. This is a struggle for the survival of the common man.

Personally I don't think I will be alive come next 50years.
So, we should see this as a duty we owe generations unborn.

So I call upon all the vibrant youths that have already made a comment on the aforementioned thread to think about this proposal.

Cc:
DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab, coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404

Itemized specifics of the reasons or demands of the protest will be in order.

What are we setting out to achieve specifically?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Naimolawale: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
banmee:

Bros. You don't know how happy i am to read your post. This is how it starts. It takes one person or a group of "normal" people to begin the change we all seek. Nothing might come of this, but at least it will bring right thinking people together to discuss the way forward. I have been in the thick and thin of people who are determined to fight and, fought for what they believe in all over the world and i can tell you that it starts when a people are at their tipping point. Nigeria is gradually getting to it's tipping point. The reason these guys get away with what they are doing is because of ordinary citizens in Nigeria who prop them up. Nigeria needs to do what Jerry Rawlings did in '79. Ghana is better off for it today. The reason why nothing will change is because the system is corrupt. The people are corrupt. What has to happen needs to be quick. It needs to be targeted. It needs to be violent. It needs to shake the country. We need a coup or armed revolution. Without this, we'll be talking about the Nigerian condition for the next 50 years.

I am in full support of this agenda for better course, nothing can stop these corrupt people unless we stand up nd fight now. Any plan or strategy u come up with..i will support this fight in anyway i can.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hage:

Itemized specifics of the reasons or demands of the protest will be in order.

What are we setting out to achieve specifically?
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT:
(1) Donward reviw of the Salary and allowance of the politicians
(2)Age limit for our politicians.
(3)True federalism or state should be given more power than federal government
(6) Implementation of some of the national confab report. (my personal opinion and may be rejected) u can add urs

5 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Naimolawale: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
please i will suggest we use whatsapp group to get as many youths as possible to keep the information flowing and hve a proper agenda and more discussion

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
I think we should also demand that the chief justice of the federation should be elected to give our judiciary more independent hand( though i am not a legal person to know the implication) life sentence for a criminal case above. One million naira
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by 400billionman: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
It very painful that Nigerian youths are hungry while some political thieves have more than N10billion sitting in their accounts. Its heart rending that the Nigerian minimum wage is least in the world but Nigerian lawmakers are highest paid on earth.

It is heart breaking that about 90% of bank deposits belong to only 10% of the Nigerian population. Nigeria is the definition of injustice.

I support this call..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria public office law na wayo. Just imagine an adult of 18yrs and above can vote but cannot be voted for, for me to chose who to rule cant people chose me? They needed our vote and support dat why they make dos laws and before u can even contest for high public post like president,governor etc u have to be 40yrs and above just imagine and these set of ignorant that made the law ruled nigeria at 25,30 during early ages of Nigeria. Are they trying to tell us we too young to rule at 25,30's when we have capable high thinking youth wide knowledge, this is absolute ridiculous. The minister of youth sef is 50+ how would he understand the youth plight? When UAE appoints 22-year old lady as Minister of Youth.
We need to voice out for constitution amended lets have atleast 24+ years eligible to be voted for.
Then we need create our own party, we may call it "Youth Party" or anytin and lets hav a young contestant for all post. Eg 28,29,30,32,24,26 highest 35 for all public posts. Atleast we youth suld vote for ourself. Old people rullin have nothing to offer cos on the long run dey no more and still put there children in offices while the lower class are left to suffer.

My people to tell u the fact we the youth are being cheated and come election time 2019 some still start fightin Apc/pdp cos they giving 1000 dat cant buy food wey go belle full sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by achi4u(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm 100% in support of any revolution that WILL occur in this country. Tribal bigotry aside, let's do this one with unity.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Hage: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pedrop:
Let our protest be based on cost of governance.

If any politician will not be comfortable with any stipulated salary in any position, then he has no need to contest for the position.

Let us make them know they are voted to serve the public and not themselves.

Other possible demands could be:

1. Introduce a 50% tax on the rich( those worth N1b and above) and the proceeds utilized to provide free health care, free education to university level, cheap mass transit, etc. for the masses.

2. 50% of the value of loanable funds of all banks in a given year be reserved for the masses.

3. Equal access to opportunities for the masses.

4. Please add yours.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by sweetyme001(f): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Alright
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
People are not really contributing, i guess they are at the sharing money thrend. Its okay buh the question is what happens when the 2k,5k finishes? Will there be people to give out evrytime? Tho they say the future will take care of itself buh dats if there is a future, aparently i see none. We need empowerment!!
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Naimolawale:
please i will suggest we use whatsapp group to get as many youths as possible to keep the information flowing and hve a proper agenda and more discussion

pls watsup is out of it, it wud b abused let's use ds forum,
we shld raise up a committee
then inform seun to keep it on front page for a month so ppl can b infomed and b part of it.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Hage: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
nabiz:
(6) Implementation of some of the national confab report. (my personal opinion and may be rejected) u can add urs

√√√ Introduce a 50% tax on the rich( those worth N1b and above) and the proceeds utilized to provide free health care, free education to university level, cheap mass transit, etc. for the masses.

√√√ 50% of the value of loanable funds of all banks in a given year be reserved for the masses.

√√√ Equal access to opportunities for the masses.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
nabiz:

I second ds suggestions.

pls John if I can begin to compile d suggestions ppl are bringing up, so we can fine tune them at d end, at least for 'orderliness'
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
dmanj:

I second ds suggestions.
pls John if u can begin to compile d suggestions ppl are bringing up, so we can fine tune them at d end, at least for 'orderliness'

it wud b good so we can look at all d suggestions and rethink them to arrive at something worthwhile.

cc John
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am fully in support of this.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nulasco:
People are not really contributing, i guess they are at the sharing money thrend. Its okay buh the question is what happens when the 2k,5k finishes? Will there be people to give out evrytime? Tho they say the future will take care of itself buh dats if there is a future, aparently i see none. We need empowerment!!

let's kick start it and make d necessary suggestions and proposals, when we succeed they will join us and still b relevant.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Eleniyan15: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
dmanj:

it wud b good so we can look at all d suggestions and rethink them to arrive at something worthwhile.

cc John

exactly

TonyeBarcanista your say?

note; we practice capitalism
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nulasco:
Nigeria public office law na wayo. Just imagine an adult of 18yrs and above can vote but cannot be voted for, for me to chose who to rule cant people chose me? They needed our vote and support dat why they make dos laws and before u can even contest for high public post like president,governor etc u have to be 40yrs and above just imagine and these set of ignorant that made the law ruled nigeria at 25,30 during early ages of Nigeria. Are they trying to tell us we too young to rule at 25,30's when we have capable high thinking youth wide knowledge, this is absolute ridiculous. The minister of youth sef is 50+ how would he understand the youth plight? When UAE appoints 22-year old lady as Minister of Youth.
We need to voice out for constitution amended lets have atleast 24+ years eligible to be voted for.
Then we need create our own party, we may call it "Youth Party" or anytin and lets hav a young contestant for all post. Eg 28,29,30,32,24,26 highest 35 for all public posts. Atleast we youth suld vote for ourself. Old people rullin have nothing to offer cos on the long run dey no more and still put there children in offices while the lower class are left to suffer.

My people to tell u the fact we the youth are being cheated and come election time 2019 some still start fightin Apc/pdp cos they giving 1000 dat cant buy food wey go belle full sef.

op, valid points made here especially d age one
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Naimolawale: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hage:

√√√ Introduce a 50% tax on the rich( those worth N1b and above) and the proceeds utilized to provide free health care, free education to university level, cheap mass transit, etc. for the masses.

√√√ 50% of the value of loanable funds of all banks in a given year be reserved for the masses.

√√√ Equal access to opportunities for the masses.

The most one All laws used be implemented with seriousness no matter who breach it.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Some things are not to be discussed in public forum like NL.

If guys and ladies are ready, then we need to know how many people are prepared to spend days and weeks in one spot in Abuja.

We also need logistics and stuffs...

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Sarhyd(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm in support of this so far there's one voice, because we Nigerians talk more and act less
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

If guys and ladies are ready, then we need to know how many people are prepared to spend days and weeks in one spot in Abuja.

am fully in
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
sweetyme001:
Please a sis needs a help here!!! the suffering is real, move from one end to the other in search for jobs to no avail!!! I'm not a Christian or Muslim left religious matters when all the leaders milking us are either in one of the above religions and their God is watching them milking us dry. Please all i need now is transport money to go for my next interview any amount will do!!! If because i m not into religious thing you will not help me, your God bless you!!!! Thanks in anticipation.
sister pls we are serious here. U can visit the other thread if u want to ask for help. Thanks and i pray u see a helper
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by princetigris(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Am in 200%........ Prince from Delta State
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by kuuljay(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Am in, can volunteers begin to harness these suggestions as we brain storm, then we will go to other mediums like Facebook when we have a clear direction pls
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dmanj: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

bro we no de play ooooo, am glad u followed this thread, we are glad to have u. I de inside since, am already in-side.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by kuuljay(m): 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
sweetyme001:
Please a sis needs a help here!!! the suffering is real, move from one end to the other in search for jobs to no avail!!! I'm not a Christian or Muslim left religious matters when all the leaders milking us are either in one of the above religions and their God is watching them milking us dry. Please all i need now is transport money to go for my next interview any amount will do!!! If because i m not into religious thing you will not help me, your God bless you!!!! Thanks in anticipation.
you don't even have a picture and you want someone to send money to a ghost This is social media some of us are careful because some people are not who they claim to be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Oyo State Local Government Elections 2018 (Live Updates) / Sowore Picks Rabiu Ahmed Rufai As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.