Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 (26959 Views)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria / Pro-Saraki Group Clashes With Occupy NASS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am in support of this initiative hook, line and sinker. We, the masses have been exploited long enough by this crop of greedy Nigerian politicians. It is time we took to the street to claim our rights. I will keep a close watch on plans that will be devised to make the protest a reality.

For people who need one form of assistance or the other, I would like to suggest they keep such requests away from this thread so as not to derail it. Once one or two of those requests are granted; several others will follow which could make us lose focus of the pertinent issue at hand. The requests can be limited to the original thread.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
gensteejay:
I am in support of this initiative hook, line and sinker. We, the masses have been exploited long enough by this crop of greedy Nigerian politicians. It is time we took to the street to claim our rights. I will keep a close watch on plans that will be devised to make the protest a reality.

For people who need one form of assistance or the other, I would like to suggest they keep such requests away from this thread so as not to derail it. Once one or two of those requests are granted; several others will follow which could make us lose focus of the pertinent issue at hand. The requests can be limited to the original thread.

Welcome onboard, comrade. Please copy your friends on nairaland. We need the numbers.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by tizblink: 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Like I've said before I'm in.
The time is now or never.
We've got to get it right this time.

There's been lotta suggestions. However, I think we should be tilting towards a ''party'' like twas suggested as we engage the government in peaceful marchs.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tunami:
u don start to dey call all dis apc and pdp agents come dis thread b4 u go knw e go turn to apc vs pdp thread.
nice observation. No body should brink any party matter come here. Both pdp and apc na the same papa born them. We ma even end up forming a youth party or suppport a nutral party
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
nabiz:
nice observation. No body should brink any party matter come here. Both pdp and apc na the same papa born them. We ma even end up forming a youth party or suppport a nutral party

Thank you for that comment... The battle has never been about Apc and Pdp. It's about we the youths and the politicians. Please we need to set up a committee that will meet and draw up our manifesto. Then, report to the house. Also, we need to strategize against possible sell out and how to deal with situations where politicians would want to hijack the struggle for their selfish interest.

Cc:
gensteejay, Dmanj, Tonyebarcanista, Tunami, tizblink,
Milonis, vickvilles, bet9ja, cindybella101, Nulasco,
princetigris, Eleniyan15...

Please am sorry if I failed to mention you. Please do contribute. It's abit difficult doing it with my phone.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by vickvilles(m): 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Johnrake69:

Thank you for that comment... The battle has never been about Apc and Pdp. It's about we the youths and the politicians. Please we need to set up a committee that will meet and draw up our manifesto. Then, report to the house. Also, we need to strategize against possible sell out and how to deal with situations where politicians would want to hijack the struggle for their selfish interest.

Cc:
gensteejay, Dmanj, Tonyebarcanista, Tunami, tizblink,
Milonis, vickvilles, bet9ja, cindybella101, Nulasco,
princetigris, Eleniyan15...

Please am sorry if I failed to mention you. Please do contribute. It's abit difficult doing it with my phone.
our mission is not political, we should however endeavour to have a vision and mission, all strategically detailed and analysed... we need the numbers, diverse ethnicity and tribes, this protest and togetherness is for the youth of our beloved country..#Wayforward.. thank you
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by dadebayo1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
I hope the struggle can be sustained? It entails a lot of sacrifice, I hope we are all willing to make that sacrifice? Count me in... Time to tell our leaders power truly belongs to the people....

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Let's voice out our plight!!! We can't be leaving them to God everytime!! Lets save our generation!!

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by csamii: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Johnrake69:
This is a follow up thread to the referenced thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3210525/nigeria-finished-me#47274430.

Went through the aforementioned thread last night, and I really wept at the level of suffering that has been passed down to us by the elites.

Last night I couldn't sleep cos of the pain and agony. Then, a thought came to me that we really can make a positive change and that we are not outnumbered, but rather, we are just unorganized. A 10million Nigerian youths can make a difference. Can ten million Nigerian youths converge at National Assembly or the state house? And every youth should know that if we don't protest now, posterity will judge us, our children will so curse our existence. This is a struggle for the survival of the common man.

Personally I don't think I will be alive come next 50years.
So, we should see this as a duty we owe generations unborn.

So I call upon all the vibrant youths that have already made a comment on the aforementioned thread to think about this proposal.

Modified*
Please a new thread has been created to focus on the struggle

https://www.nairaland.com/3213961/youths-occupy-nigeria-2016

Cc:
DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta, ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab, coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe, Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1, ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar, cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam, Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101, InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne, Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki, Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount, whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman, juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels, An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek, vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow, ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla, Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby, mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36, Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy, majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre, Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92, izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony, mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404

At last a worthy cause to die for. Count me in mind, body and soul.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
vickvilles:
our mission is not political, we should however endeavour to have a vision and mission, all strategically detailed and analysed... we need the numbers, diverse ethnicity and tribes, this protest and togetherness is for the youth of our beloved country..#Wayforward.. thank you

We are not a political group. However, we need to have a say in the affairs of this nation of ours. Politics for me is simply the process of determining who gets what, and who is stopped from getting what; when and how. When I referred to a manifesto, I meant a comprehensive list of our demands. That aside, how do we go about having a team in all the 6 geopolitical zones?
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Johnrake69:

Please stick around. You will have to be part of the decision process.
Sure just mention me anytime.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
csamii:

At last a worthy cause to die for. Count me in mind, body and soul.

Welcome onboard, Comrade.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
cindybella101:
Am in.
I have actually created a thread about this but it didn't make up to three pages because our youths are busy shouting APC and PDP about without knowing those politicians don't care for us.

I once again again I support it whether peaceful or violent revolution undecided

DSS should come and arrest me !! Nonsense angry
I like your spirit.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Eleniyan15: 11:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
what on board
we need to strategize on what ever plan we have positiveRevolution needs happen
we should look before we leap
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
The country is broke and governors are owing salaries yet one silly governor was so silly to present a Prado SUV 2016 to Legislators. Yet a group is clamouring for a break up not knowing the elites are the problem of the South East and not Lugard or the Yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please don't let us underestimate the power of Social Media. Let bombard Twitter, Facebook etc and create massive awareness and we need a Master Planner/strategist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
it quite pathetic that that the Female folks seems to be uninterested in this.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
The fight solely is against the wicked politicians and elites and the thieves parading themselves as business men and entrepreneur. We eliminate them, we save Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Let us save this country.It is now or never. If we do nothing, our generations will suffer for our inaction. The same set of elites and politicians running the country since independence still control the country till now.

1 Like

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pushas:
Let us save this country.It is now or never. If we do nothing, our generations will suffer for our inaction. The same set of elites and politicians running the country since independence still control the country till now.

You are absolutely right... We earlier we act the better. We need to come up with a committee asap.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hi
Johnrake69:

You are absolutely right... We earlier we act the better. We need to come up with a committee asap.
How do we proceed? This is the million dollar question.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Johnrake69: 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Pushas:
Hi How do we proceed? This is the million dollar question.

We need more active members before we launch social media handles.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:17am On Jul 09, 2016
I am more in support of a Youthful discussion first and foremost before any other thing. What is the problem? What are possible solutions? What are the things needed to make Nigeria a progressive, democratic and subsequently developed nation because it must come in stages. As far as I am concerned if we don't discuss issues like what is human right?
What are the institutional standards which we shall uphold?
What are those conducts we will never tolerate even if they come from public office holders we love? We will never make any progress. Going to protest is not enough because when we change the present ones the future ones will come and repeat the same thing(e.g. Goodluck to buhari)
For instance now, if we change this present set of leaders and new ones come without a firm belief of what constitutes human right they will continue with the presents governments barbaric acts like the Shia and Ipob massacre. This will in turn lead to civil unrest,and underdevelopment. So for any lasting development or change to come, we must question our foundations or else we will end up like the French after the French revolution.

3 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Johnrake69:

We need more active members before we launch social media handles.
Good. O hope this makes frontpage
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by MORNDEW(m): 12:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Am in and am ready to lead the protest from any part of Nigeria. Provided its devoid of Political affiliations, ethnic and religious bigotry and other nonsense associated with present day youths. We must have a clear cut agenda and demands. Not on that day now some ignorant youths will be seen carrying flags of an imaginary country. and some with placards against political parties. It should be about Nigeria and how to rebrand it through peaceful demonstrations.

We must seriously Orientate ourselves before we embark on this and pursue it to the later.

All government Jobs must be advertised
Drastic slash of all salaries and allowances of Government officials Especially the NASS
Make some Public positions to be from 25 years and above.
This will concern Government at all Levels.

No one is going to harm us if we coordinate ourselves in a peaceful manner.

Please ethnic and religious bigots back off and those with political affiliations keep it aside for now.
Princewill Chimereze.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by hardniola(m): 12:45am On Jul 09, 2016
we need app developer to develop application like whatsapp that can accommodate like 1million user with tag.........there are many in webmaster section who can help.

if these news gain ground the government will come after nairaland.....

my main consign is total over hauling of the judiciary..

no criminal case should Last more that one month in court.
make education attractive.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by MORNDEW(m): 12:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Maduawuchukwu:
I am more in support of a Youthful discussion first and foremost before any other thing. What is the problem? What are possible solutions? What are the things needed to make Nigeria a progressive, democratic and subsequently developed nation because it must come in stages. As far as I am concerned if we don't discuss issues like what is human right?
What are the institutional standards which we shall uphold?
What are those conducts we will never tolerate even if they come from public office holders we love? We will never make any progress. Going to protest is not enough because when we change the present ones the future ones will come and repeat the same thing(e.g. Goodluck to buhari)
For instance now, if we change this present set of leaders and new ones come without a firm belief of what constitutes human right they will continue with the presents governments barbaric acts like the Shia and Ipob massacre. This will in turn lead to civil unrest,and underdevelopment. So for any lasting development or change to come, we must question our foundations or else we will end up like the French after the French revolution.

pls keep ur shia and Ipob out of this. such nonsense is why this agenda will be defeated.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by MORNDEW(m): 12:57am On Jul 09, 2016
Another thing, we must check the Profile of those who will coordinate this. Those who pride themselves in useless comments here should not be given any leading role. It must be made up of pan Nigerian and Intelligent youths.

Just like I see the advert of Mr. Nairaland and you wonder the nominees some of them are just people who should not even be mentioned in anything.
We must be careful with this. its now or never.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Klare(f): 3:44am On Jul 09, 2016
sad
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by nabiz(m): 5:03am On Jul 09, 2016
MORNDEW:
Another thing, we must check the Profile of those who will coordinate this. Those who pride themselves in useless comments here should not be given any leading role. It must be made up of pan Nigerian and Intelligent youths.

Just like I see the advert of Mr. Nairaland and you wonder the nominees some of them are just people who should not even be mentioned in anything.
We must be careful with this. its now or never.
Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:32am On Jul 09, 2016
Johnrake69:

The big bros, welcome onboard. Please we need your input here. We need to form a formidable team. That will raise awareness and reach out to Nigerians in diaspora.
Thanks bros.

Only time will test the seriousness of this agitation. Nigerians are very good at initial gragra but I hope this turns out spectacular.

What is the strategic plan?

2 Likes

Re: Youths/occupy/nigeria/2016 by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Bro u don't grab the full implication of what I am saying. Whether we like it or not, development has a lot to do with things like human right, standards etc. There is just no how we can develop if we don't factor in how we treat ourselves and the minorities in our midst. That's a fact we cannot wish away.
Secondly, no nation makes progress without investigating it's past. I repeat none at all. The Shias and Ipob massacre are fact of history deny it all u can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) / James Gbande Kneels And Apologizes To Governor Ortom Over Herdsmen - Benue.Info / Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.