Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please (5421 Views)

clothing Business Deal For Everyone / Fairly Used Clothing Business. / Start Your Clothing Business With Little Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
I have started looking towards the direction of fairly used clothing business because I have observed the business is really moving. Especially with the economic situation in this country today, more people still need to dress good and have resolved to cheaper alternatives by going for fairly used clothing. I have been to yaba market and gotten info from some dealers that sell in sacks which they call bales and I have been able to get clear details and prices of the onces that are good quality. They told me there are different types but London first grade Scot or Willcox is always good. They also have alltex and euro which they say is also ok and cheaper but they gave me more guarantee on the Scot. Please those of you in the business here should help me out, which of these bales have you gotten and you know its always good? My intention is to open a small store around Ikeja where people can come buy these cloths from me. I want to have a worker and a work table with iron who will just be doing the ironing of the cloths and bringing out the beauty. Please advise me from your experience. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by mogboyelade(f): 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Send me an email, so as talk better. I use to go to cotonou. But I heard they use to offload at yaba also.Scott is a very good product.let's compare price.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
mogboyelade:
Send me an email, so as talk better. I use to go to cotonou. But I heard they use to offload at yaba also.Scott is a very good product.let's compare price.

I don't think it will be wrong to talk here instead of email. Others in my shoes can benefit as well.

2 Likes

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by mogboyelade(f): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
DaveAloomah:

I don't think it will be wrong to talk here instead of email. Others in my shoes can benefit as well.
state the price given to at yaba and I will give price here in cefa and you will multiply it with the exchange rate of that day. Because cefa is not stable.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
mogboyelade:
state the price given to at yaba and I will give price here in cefa and you will multiply it with the exchange rate of that day. Because cefa is not stable.

Chiffon gowns (Scot) N135,000
Chiffon tops (alltex/euro) N115k
Cotton gowns (Scot) N115k
Cotton tops (Scot) N80k
Children mix (Scot) N120k (Euro) N145k
Men's office shirts big bale (Scot) N160k
Men's office shirts small bale (Scot) N95k
T-shirts and Polo tops (Scot & Willcox) N65k

These prices given to me were just for the once with guarantee and there were other cheaper once like Korean and others but I was just interested in the top first grade London bales with guarantee.

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by Sanitty(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
I'm exactly in your shoes, what weight categories are the prices you just mentioned. I mean their KG, thanks
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
Sanitty:
I'm exactly in your shoes, what weight categories are the prices you just mentioned. I mean their KG, thanks

They are in 55kg.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by Sanitty(m): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
DaveAloomah:

They are in 55kg.
that's expensive, if you can make it to Katanguwa market, I'll advice you to check their prices too since they're closer to the border maybe things will be cheaper there...
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by mogboyelade(f): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
DaveAloomah:
these prices are just too much like, 30,20k difference. When I went to cotonou Last month, I bought ladies top,shirt and children mix. That top is 65k cefa and you multiply it by 585 they change money that day. Shirt 100k cefa, children 170k cefa and they are all scot.

Chiffon gowns (Scot) N135,000
Chiffon tops (alltex/euro) N115k
Cotton gowns (Scot) N115k
Cotton tops (Scot) N80k
Children mix (Scot) N120k (Euro) N145k
Men's office shirts big bale (Scot) N160k
Men's office shirts small bale (Scot) N95k
T-shirts and Polo tops (Scot & Willcox) N65k

These prices given to me were just for the once with guarantee and there were other cheaper once like Korean and others but I was just interested in the top first grade London bales with guarantee.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Sanitty:
that's expensive, if you can make it to Katanguwa market, I'll advice you to check their prices too since they're closer to the border maybe things will be cheaper there...

OK I will check that out and compare prices tomorrow. But like I stated, they have cheaper ones in Yaba as well just that they all have different fames like they said. So I just gave the prices for the confirmed first grade best quality ones as they explained. I want to only deal on what I know will be very good quality.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by Sanitty(m): 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
DaveAloomah:

OK I will check that out and compare prices tomorrow. But like I stated, they have cheaper ones in Yaba as well just that they all have different fames like they said. So I just gave the prices for the confirmed first grade best quality ones as they explained. I want to only deal on what I know will be very good quality.
that's good, please drop ur findings here if you do visit Katanguwa... Thanks
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2016
UPDATE: I wasn't able to go down to katangua market again because someone made me understand its the same prices and that there is more of choices in katangua if you want to buy selection but as regarding bales its the same as yaba. How every I was able to get two bales at yaba today. I got one for men's office shirts at N75k and ladies cotton blouses at N65k. I must confess that they are really really nice and as its being sorted out, I have no regret at all. The man I bought it from was very honest and helpful in giving me just exactly what I wanted.

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Dave how many pieces of blouses did you get from the bale?
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
byvan03:

I got N297 in total. Then the men's shirts was 269
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaveAloomah:

I got N297 in total. Then the men's shirts was 269

Wow!! That's a good number. Did you find tops good enough to be sold above 500 in you bale? Don't mind my too much questions, I know nothing about bales.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
byvan03:

Wow!! That's a good number. Did you find tops good enough to be sold above 500 in you bale? Don't mind my too much questions, I know nothing about bales.

Actually I don't think I will sell anyone below N800. If at all I sell at N500 it will be few just to do a give away quick sale. Actually were it was opened today, people have started rushing them. I was thinking I will iron some well and sell higher but that will happen after sales today, I will know what to do with the ones left.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaveAloomah:

Actually I don't think I will sell anyone below N800. If at all I sell at N500 it will be few just to do a give away quick sale. Actually were it was opened today, people have started rushing them. I was thinking I will iron some well and sell higher but that will happen after sales today, I will know what to do with the ones left.

Am interested in this business but I have no game plan on how to sell it, except opening at my work place during break period. Am confronted with the problem of after that, what do I do with the rest? How do I get the type of bale you got as am not even based in Lag.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
byvan03:

Am interested in this business but I have no game plan on how to sell it, except opening at my work place during break period. Am confronted with the problem of after that, what do I do with the rest? How do I get the type of bale you got as am not even based in Lag.

If you want to sell in your work place I can only advise you open it in your house then you can be carrying them small small to work and selling. It won't make sense just taking the full bale to your office. How you can get the bale as you are not in Lagos is the problem. I would have suggested helping you and sending it through waybill but you the matter of trust in Nigeria is hard. Maybe you can find out if you have someone like a relation in Lagos then I can take the person to where I got mine

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaveAloomah:

If you want to sell in your work place I can only advise you open it in your house then you can be carrying them small small to work and selling. It won't make sense just taking the full bale to your office. How you can get the bale as you are not in Lagos is the problem. I would have suggested helping you and sending it through waybill but you the matter of trust in Nigeria is hard. Maybe you can find out if you have someone like a relation in Lagos then I can take the person to where I got mine

Taking it little by little will make sense, I just realised what a bale of over 100 clothes will look like. Which part of Lag are you based?
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
byvan03:

Taking it little by little will make sense, I just realised what a bale of over 100 clothes will look like. Which part of Lag are you based?

I am based in Maryland. So yaba is closer to me than katangua as well.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaveAloomah:

I am based in Maryland. So yaba is closer to me than katangua as well.

OK, thanks a lot. Let me search and see.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
byvan03:

OK, thanks a lot. Let me search and see.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by ibnyakub: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
hi , can u upload pictures of the bales before opening and some pictures of the clothes therein after opening. I want to have an ideal of the quality

also which of the quality did u got: London scot , euro, Willcox or alltex

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by 5tss(f): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
u guys should shine ur eyes well well.This guy na confirm scammer.Am very very sure.
All these his talk na market strategy.Ok,if u no rush pls take ur time and see the style on how he used his words.He knows people will start asking him where he got his bales from.He didn't even buy any bale in the first place.His case is still at dss office because he duped me too and az also duped many oeople here on nairaland.His name is nixon akihirome.he has been banned on nairaland.Go and check his profile,u will see he just registered and am very sure he just bought a new line to start scamming people again.Am also into bales and am not trying to make people buy from me because there are other reliable,trustworth and scamfree suppliers o this biz here on nairaland like stella,timy,donk etc.they are known here on nairaland not tjis thief and for ur information,his name is not dave,thats how he uses different names to scam people.
Ok,tell him u want to meet with him one on one and hear him out.Pls beware of this guy hes a scammer even if he eventually got the bale for any buyer in order to prove me wrong,still shine ur eyes.Na small small he go take enter u finish.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
5tss:
u guys should shine ur eyes well well.This guy na confirm scammer.Am very very sure.
All these his talk na market strategy.Ok,if u no rush pls take ur time and see the style on how he used his words.He knows people will start asking him where he got his bales from.He didn't even buy any bale in the first place.His case is still at dss office because he duped me too and az also duped many oeople here on nairaland.His name is nixon akihirome.he has been banned on nairaland.Go and check his profile,u will see he just registered and am very sure he just bought a new line to start scamming people again.Am also into bales and am not trying to make people buy from me because there are other reliable,trustworth and scamfree suppliers o this biz here on nairaland like stella,timy,donk etc.they are known here on nairaland not tjis thief and for ur information,his name is not dave,thats how he uses different names to scam people.
Ok,tell him u want to meet with him one on one and hear him out.Pls beware of this guy hes a scammer even if he eventually got the bale for any buyer in order to prove me wrong,still shine ur eyes.Na small small he go take enter u finish.

I don't have anything to say to you. Because you sell bales is not enough reason to tarnish my image for no reason. Its such a pity to see that someone can just come out and rubbish another person you don't know from anywhere. Where did I mention that I sell bales? Its really not worth it exchanging words with you. You are entitled to your opinion anyway but for the records I don't sell bales so whoever you are referring to is your own headache not mine.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DaveAloomah(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
ibnyakub:
hi , can u upload pictures of the bales before opening and some pictures of the clothes therein after opening. I want to have an ideal of the quality

also which of the quality did u got: London scot , euro, Willcox or alltex

The cotton blouses is Scot while the office shirts are Willcox. I will have to stop here because as you can see someone is already calling me a scammer from no where. You can always go to yaba yourself and their is a popular man called Tyson, he is the one I got from. You will see a lot of people that sell bales but they all know the man Tyson. They will show you his warehouse. I think he is one of the major dealers there. I think I will leave you all with this info and face my own because you can imagine what the thing above just said.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by dominique(f): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2016
byvan03:

Be careful with you deal with on this platform. This poster is posting with the same pattern as a fraudster that has been banned several times on this forum. He keeps coming with new handles. His alternate handles will soon come out praising him for successfully delivering their orders as promised so as to gain trust from others. Either that or his alternate will come and advertise cheap clothes and he will confirm that 'he' has delivered and recommend to others. Don Febby aka DorcasErahbor aka alltexrecyclers aka ohimaigentle aka Talk2SureBoss aka Lafresco aka FashionSmart aka DaveAloomah etc etc etc just take your shady business out of this forum for God's sake. You will soon meet your waterloo one day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by byvan03: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2016
dominique:

Be careful with you deal with on this platform. This poster is posting with the same pattern as a fraudster that has been banned several times on this forum. He keeps coming with new handles. His alternate handles will soon come out praising him for successfully delivering their orders as promised so as to gain trust from others. Either that or his alternate will come and advertise cheap clothes and he will confirm that 'he' has delivered and recommend to others. Don Febby aka DorcasErahbor aka alltexrecyclers aka ohimaigentle aka Talk2SureBoss aka Lafresco aka FashionSmart aka DaveAloomah etc etc etc just take your shady business out of this forum for God's sake. You will soon meet your waterloo one day

Nawaooh!! Thanks, to you too 5tss.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by 5tss(f): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
DaveAloomah:

I don't have anything to say to you. Because you sell bales is not enough reason to tarnish my image for no reason. Its such a pity to see that someone can just come out and rubbish another person you don't know from anywhere. Where did I mention that I sell bales? Its really not worth it exchanging words with you. You are entitled to your opinion anyway but for the records I don't sell bales so whoever you are referring to is your own headache not mine.
liar liar.Prove me wrong by showing them the samples.if truly u bought the bales.how can u even finish selling a 2bales in a day?for where?no be bale abi na 10pieces dey inside ur own bale ni?That means na everyday u go dey order for bale from tyson o.i carry yansh for u.Dont worry,ur days are numbered.
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by 5tss(f): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
byvan03:

Nawaooh!! Thanks, to you too 5tss.
u welcome @byvan.

1 Like

Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by DucheSsMerezz(f): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bend down selectgrin
Re: Fairly Used Clothing Business. Advise Needed Please by melly245: 12:43am On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=DaveAloomah post=47365555]

If you want to sell in your work place I can only advise you open it in your house then you can be carrying them small small to work and selling. It won't make sense just taking the full bale to your office. How you can get the bale as you are not in Lagos is the problem. I would have suggested helping you and sending it through waybill but you the matter of trust in Nigeria is hard. Maybe you can find out if you have someone like a relation in Lagos then I can take the person to where I got mine[/quote
am interested pls how do i contact you

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Can A Girl Start Wearing High Heels / Why Do Nigerian Fashion Designers Use Foreign Names For Their Brands? / Is It Unfashionable To Wear A Check Shirt On A Striped Trouser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.