Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? (53048 Views)

Range Rover & G-wagon Was Reduced To A Towing Vehicle (photos) / Check Out The Mercedes G-Class / Audi A4 B6 Vs Mercedes W203 C200.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by LeJeun3: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2016
Siena:

The Mercedes-Benz depicts even more class, than the Range Rover. Luxury? Yeah, the Range Rover has that advantage here. But, anyone who could afford the more expensive Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon can afford the more luxurious Range Rover, but yet still chose the Mercedes-Benz. They'll have other cars to satisfy the crave for luxury.

You can upgrade the 2009 Range Rover body kit, to look like a 2014 model?

Well, guess what? You can upgrade a 1979 Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon, to look like a 2016 model. The G-Wagon snape and design has endured for 37 years. Proof that, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Mercedes-Benz got the formula right, with the G-Wagon. Could the same be said, about Land Rover's Range Rover Evoque, Sport or Vogue? wink

This was a heavy blow..... Thats why I can't wait for the 2016 Defender cheesy

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by abdulskulboy(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Siena:

When did the British Range Rover obtain a US Green Card?
Ask Google, dude
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
abdulskulboy:

Ask Google, dude

If you'd used Google, then you'd have realised that neither of the SUV's being compared here, are North American.

You may wish to take your own advice, with regards to using Google. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by mimicue(f): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
But seriously, G wagon commands class and respect grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by phazotron(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
In terms of offroad performance both are equal. G wagon uses a traditional old skool 4wd system with 3 locking differentials while range rover uses its brakes, software and air suspension to go off-road. In terms of driving dynamics the range rover will be better. Than the gwagon because of all aluminium construction which makes it lighter as well as air suspension. But the g wagon is the more desirable of the two. It always looks insane when rocking an aftermarket body kit and wheels. The g wagon has better resale vlaue than the range and will be more reliable than the range because of the simpler and less complex 4wd system. Which would i take, id take the g wagon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Cutehector(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
LeJeun3:

This was a heavy blow..... Thats why I can't wait for the 2016 Defender cheesy

hey watsup bro, it's your boy hector. I wish to solicit for your support to vote for falconey for mr nairaland. Just as u voted in the last contest, ur votes will go a long way in making him d winner.

I was impressed with his topics and I decided to support him as well.

I look foward to your positive reply on this. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by leuelliot(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2016
can't believe this topic gained 33000+ views in 5 days. Na so una like Gwagon reach?
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by klins4213(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2016
Davny:
I would choose cls 550 anytime,anyday

Men u said it all...cls all the way...had dt car in mind since 2010 and still fresh....i must get it....

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Ravenna: 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kakamorufu:
ah, na so e get money reach.
Kaka Morufu! Are the for real or youre the fake one?!
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by 400billionman: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Billyonaire:
I own both already.

I prefer G-63 for weekends and prefer LandRovers for other days.

Siena:

Lucky you!

But, we're talking about a Range Rover Sport, not a Land Rover. wink

Will anything spoil if he shows us picture like this ?

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
Ravenna:
Kaka Morufu! Are the for real or youre the fake one?!
neither, am the authentic one
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2016
Billyonaire:
I own both already.
I prefer G-63 for weekends and prefer LandRovers for other days.
Would love if we could meet
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pandorabox:
Mercedes G wagon, the range rover look mannish.
the girl with the box
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by lomaxbien(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
RRs
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by oliverperry(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2016
Range rover for the ladies G wagon for the men. And G wagon as good security G wagon can go off road. G wagon gives you class
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
oliverperry:
Range rover for the ladies G wagon for the men. And G wagon as good security G wagon can go off road. G wagon gives you class
ANd you think the RRS do not go off road? seriously?
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by clovislouis(m): 2:39am On Jul 02, 2017
girl4rmspace:
I hate the design of the g wagon and i dont really like the range either.

Which is why i recently went for a 2015 lexus rx350 , looks good and performs great
what do u do for a living
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by watchworldpro: 5:49am On Jul 02, 2017
clovislouis:
what do u do for a living
She works for hushpuppi

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by Abudu2000(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
At fiest i didnt like d gwagon design but it seem like everyone is just after gwagon for which i dont understand. A friend of mine owns it and aonother owns an evoque too both looks and perform great but for me i think the gwagon is abit too old fashioned..

I mean havent the designers heard about chamfer and fillet(hello). The whole 4 conner edges just kind of irritates me though. But the engine will outpower RRS anytime anyday and anywhere.

Infact its a hard choice to make coz where one lacks the other excell and visa versa so i think i would rather get the two or get non, just like what investor bj did...

Money is good indeed
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by ivoryhouse(m): 12:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Range Rovers have quality issues so I'd go with the Gwagon-AMG 63. I'd really prefer the G65 6x6 grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by erico2k2(m): 8:06am On Jul 18, 2017
ivoryhouse:
Range Rovers have quality issues so I'd go with the Gwagon-AMG 63. I'd really prefer the G65 6x6 grin
Ok list one quality Issues plz
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by ivoryhouse(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok list one quality Issues plz
Visit Edmunds.com . I love land rover products but the only one I dare buy is a defender which ironically is their best product, others have gremlins of all sorts. My friend's LR3 over heated for almost a year,we replaced a lot of parts, Sooperrescue worked on the car yet the problem persisted. You won't se such issues in a Gwagon. People have had to replace parts on their 2016 land rover discovery with parts from the older discovery,reliability has ways been an issue with Range Rovers. I'd buy a gwagon rather than a range rover any day.
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by erico2k2(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2017
ivoryhouse:

Visit Edmunds.com . I love land rover products but the only one I dare buy is a defender which ironically is their best product, others have gremlins of all sorts. My friend's LR3 over heated for almost a year,we replaced a lot of parts, Sooperrescue worked on the car yet the problem persisted. You won't se such issues in a Gwagon. People have had to replace parts on their 2016 land rover discovery with parts from the older discovery,reliability has ways been an issue with Range Rovers. I'd buy a gwagon rather than a range rover any day.
you are talking of Nigeria where the vast majority of people use wrong service parts to service thier cars.Check the thread here on repairs and see how people fry thier engines
PS I own a aRange rover sport bought Brand new since 2012.Overheating is not a default rather lack of maintenance on the part of the owner.If you own a Range rover and cant spend N200K to service it you have no Biz owning one.
Re: Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? by ivoryhouse(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

you are talking of Nigeria where the vast majority of people use wrong service parts to service thier cars.Check the thread here on repairs and see how people fry thier engines
PS I own a aRange rover sport bought Brand new since 2012.Overheating is not a default rather lack of maintenance on the part of the owner.If you own a Range rover and cant spend N200K to service it you have no Biz owning one.
Very true. Truth is I'm neither a fan of range rovers nor Mercedes Benz. I don't go with popular opinion as i have my personal preferences when it comes to automobiles. I buy a car to enjoy it and i also hope to keep it for a long while and rock it really hard cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) / Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.