Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You (9615 Views)

Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men / Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
I feel your pain. i have been there before.

Your best bet is to move out.
I moved to my maternal home, holidays, weekends, breaks are all spent at my maternal home.
she wasn't my agemate, just a couple of years older. but she sees me as a threat. I just didnt want her wahala.

In all, try your best to give her some space. Avoid unecessary confrontations

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by jashar(f): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
jagugu88li:

Chai,see plan

m'Lady all you've said is true but the practical side is almost impossible. This here is what I call polite imprisonment and I have to do it to myself grin

Hard because just seeing the person spoils the mood, I'm sure you know how that feels. But thanks darl

lolzzz.....

I spoke based on my personality and temperament. It's not impossible for me.

smiley smiley smiley

Do whatever you think is best.

All the best dear.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by DukeNija(m): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
jagugu88li:

Honestly that wouldn't work for both me and my dad. Without giving you a lot of family history, we are the only family left. Anyway..I hate the idea of being subtly kicked out but a stranger.

She still had interest in guys here age, that's how I see it. Then acts out

My friend? Yeah I hear you. I'm trying to do all these but really its easier said that done. Time will tell bro, time will. Nothing is as annoying as waking up to seeing the d***l

Lol. Ofcourse she will have interest but she should have considered all that before saying i do. I feel for your dad cos this is like a time bomb waiting to explode. Just watch her closely.
Anyway, about the friendship part, it will not be easy especially with the initial encounters and disagreements but you have to put your mind to embracing her as she's now family. Its a tough necessity for peace.
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by DukeNija(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Adaobi12:

Your best bet is to move out.
I moved to my maternal home, holidays, weekends, breaks are all spent at my maternal home.
she wasn't my agemate, just a couple of years older. but she sees me as a threat. I just didnt want her wahala.

In all, try your best to give her some space. Avoid unecessary confrontations

Chai Chai Chai if only our fathers will be less self centered and consider the impact of their dickcisions on their family.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Decibel: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
sisisioge:
Talk to her in the most amicable way you could and hence try to keep to yourself in the house. Lock your room. Get locks for your wardrobe. Become very grown up without seeming rude...just carve a space for yourself in the already crowded House. Since your mates are already getting married, its time to start acting the grown woman you are. May God help you. Thank God she's not already plotting to throw you out...we both know mother in-laws are devil's cousins.

By the way, I meant no insults with the mates marrying thing....my mates are great grand parents now

grin

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Adaobi12:

I'm sorry to hear that but I get the impression that you're good now, so there's hope.

DukeNija:

Chai Chai Chai if only our fathers will be less self centered and consider the impact of their dickcisions on their family.

At least we know you wont be doing the same. I'll personally come for you if you dare
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by sisisioge: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
Decibel:

cheesy cheesy

Why u dey laugh me? My own dey come grin
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by gbens2000(m): 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
jagugu88li:

Dear am sorry pls
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hey am so sorry.. I just want our friendship back .. I miss you so much...I put u in a bad spot, I never trusted u..I thought u lie to me...but seeing all this... Am really sorry.. No mom yet I insulted issues involving but family... Am so sorry...that was the old me...I swear I will respect u...if I disrespect u...then black and ban me from every platform u know me....I just hope u re OK...am so sorry cry I made the wrong move by bringing ur problem here...it makes me pathetic...am sorry... Just forgive me...pls....I didn't know what i had until i lost it...am sorry jagugu88lijagugu88li pls. Ur snubbing me is even worst...it makes me go crazy.... Am so confused now...am sorry baby
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by chines4(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2016
My Dear I feel you,

You lost your mum and now you feel as if someone (your age mate, to make matter worse) is taking over your Dad. Just try as much as possible to take her as your friend. I know its not easy, but it will help bring peace to your home.

Just try and see her like a friend, or even better as a sister

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Rukkydelta(f): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Becareful my dear this kind of step-mum's are the type that can snatch their stepdaughter's boyfriend, fiance or husband.. So if you're in a relationship presently don't allow any form of communication between her and your man

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by yasolan(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
Why can't u try befriending he, and if she doesn't want..then maybe stay away
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by chines4(m): 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Becareful my dear this kind of step-mum's are the type that can snatch their stepdaughter's boyfriend, fiance or husband.. So if you're in a relationship presently don't allow any form of communication between her and your man
Common you can't snatch who don't want to be snatched my dear. let her have an open mind in the relationship
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Rukkydelta(f): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
chines4:

Common you can't snatch who don't want to be snatched my dear. let her have an open mind in the relationship
Ok
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by chines4(m): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Ok
If a Lady snatched your BF just dash the Lady the guy sha tongue.
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Adesina12: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2017
jashar:
hmmmm.....

The way I would react would be this

1. I won't bother getting close to her. undecided
Not being rude or anything, just keep my distance.

2. I will do the chores I need to do in the house.
For peace sake.

3. I won't talk to my father when she's there.
He can tell her about our discussion later. if he wants to.

4. I will tell her I don't feel comfortable sharing clothes.
I really don't I break out in rashes when this happens.

5. I will look for ways to keep busy even if I'm at home.

6. Next time she asks about a boy that called or something,
I will tell her it none of her business. After all, she's my age and married.

7. When my friends come visiting,
I will take them to my room or restrict them to a particular area of the house.
I will later explain to them that things have changed. smiley

Dear friend,

I am just reading this today and I am burning deep inside and spitting fire.

I hope you are out of this predicament at moment but if not the above quote is the best for you exception of the followings:

4. Don't make any comment that will break the wall of relationship between you and dad....so don't talk about advise in 4 just try a way to shield your non shareable belongings away from her especially your clothes; and

6. Same as in 4, just try to post her and tell her when it is time to discuss it with her you will open up to her.....this you will keep on telling her till you finally part your way with her.

My addition to the above advise.......

This situation you find yourself is to get you prepare for the future ......you are bng prepared for the road and not road bng prepared for you

In your relationship/friendship with her you will learn a lot from it if you take the friendship option instead of enemy within ....but don't discuss your personal and private life with her except your father and should be in private may be when she is out or you are out with your dad

Do the house chore to the best of your capacity...it is part of bng prepare for the future....remember you will soon be alone wit your sweetheart tongue

Don't leave alone or with any man until you are ready to say I do ...instead look for a relative or friend that can accommodate you or travel out during your holiday or rather stay back in school if the environment is friendly like OAU (many student stay in their hostel during holiday)....that is where is school

Be extra careful and vigilant .......it is well with you IJN

....Meanwhile there is plenty sweet popcorn to refresh your mind with cold cold drinks of any kind cool

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
Adesina12:

....Meanwhile there is plenty sweet popcorn to refresh your mind with cold cold drinks of any kind cool

Danke! Make I enter yua crib make I chop small kiss

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Adesina12: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
jagugu88li:

Danke! Make I enter yua crib make I chop small kiss

O ya enter sharp sharp and enjoy yasef kiss
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by chines4(m): 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
Adesina12:

Dear friend,

I am just reading this today and I am burning deep inside and spitting fire.

I hope you are out of this predicament at moment but if not the above quote is the best for you exception of the followings:

4. Don't make any comment that will break the wall of relationship between you and dad....so don't talk about advise in 4 just try a way to shield your non shareable belongings away from her especially your clothes; and

6. Same as in 4, just try to post her and tell her when it is time to discuss it with her you will open up to her.....this you will keep on telling her till you finally part your way with her.

My addition to the above advise.......

This situation you find yourself is to get you prepare for the future ......you are bng prepared for the road and not road bng prepared for you

In your relationship/friendship with her you will learn a lot from it if you take the friendship option instead of enemy within ....but don't discuss your personal and private life with her except your father and should be in private may be when she is out or you are out with your dad

Do the house chore to the best of your capacity...it is part of bng prepare for the future....remember you will soon be alone wit your sweetheart tongue

[b]Don't leave alone or with any man until you are ready to say I do ...instead look for a relative or friend that can accommodate you or travel out during your holiday or rather stay back in school if the environment is friendly like OAU (many student stay in their hostel during holiday)....that is where is school

[/b]Be extra careful and vigilant .......it is well with you IJN

Life itself is already complicated why add to it. Just have a free mind, and treat her like a friend/sister. I believe there is goodness in every soul. Unless she gives you any reason to think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Babacele: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
jagugu88li:

Mine, current situation
how is step mum? hope you two now get along fine enough? Hitching to know.
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 17, 2018
Babacele:
how is step mum? hope you two now get along fine enough? Hitching to know.
Gone after 2 weeks of posting. Wasnt married so......
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Babacele: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2018
jagugu88li:
Gone after 2 weeks of posting. Wasnt married so......
u or she?
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 21, 2018
Babacele:
u or she?
Me? No. I have my own place but my big man stays by himself so I am home when I am in the country. She left....
Re: SHOCKER: When A Step-mother Is The Same Age As You by Babacele: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
jagugu88li:
Me? No. I have my own place but my big man stays by himself so I am home when I am in the country. She left....
OK. now I understand. how far are u from Hamburg?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smokeless Charcoal Cooking Stove For All Homes and resellers / .. / Should A Primary Child Be In A Boarding School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.