Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity (691 Views)

The Concept Of Firm & Industry / Nietzsche, The Concept Of Superman: A Philosophical Exposition / Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity by philfearon(m): 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
Usually, and most times, people always find it difficult doing the most simple things of life, things that would actually give them the time to enjoy themselves rather than dancing and whipping up and down about some society-stringed-patterned way of living that kills you at the end of the day.
For example, what will it take you to stand up and go throw a tin or can or foil or whatever covering of what you ate to a dustbin? Just 30secs at least. Within thirty seconds, you must have exercised if you put that in perspective.
But nope, you would rather sit where you are, lackadaisically and authoritatively drop the stuff where you sat, constituting a nuisance, defacing the place and of course making a mess and an eye sore of the whole surrounding... And yet you feel good about yourself.
I have always propagated and always will, that all of the times, doing the simple things, the things Noone actually takes notice of are the most fulfilling, because it makes you feel good about yourself ;rather than feeling good about yourself because someone congratulated you for doing something you *ought* to do.
*Minimalism* simply means living the simple life, avoiding things that will unnecessarily overburden you, letting go of silly habits that keeps restless all the time and at night before you go to sleep. Those things you constantly communicate with your mind as the things bothering your entire being and *self*.
Question is, why do you still do them?
Here is a way to help you get rid of unwanted burden through simplicity :

*DON’T LIE*

Lying is the opposite of minimalism. You spin a complicated web between people and imaginary worlds that you have to keep track of.

For no purpose. The average person lies in every ten minutes of conversation. That's a lot to keep track of. Keeping track of less is a better way to have emptiness. And it feels good.

*NO GOSSIP OR JUDGING*

It’s hard enough for me to carry around my own self-esteem, let alone drag down the esteem of another.

Who am I to tell if someone else is doing good. It's just a waste to gossip or judge. It's junk food for the brain.

- *BE CURIOUS*

I already know about my life. I don't know about yours. Every one of the eight billion people on the planet has been given one thing, at least, for me to learn.

It's my job to watch, observe, ask, and learn that one thing. It's not my job to lecture or talk.

- *EAT LESS*

Almost all the major killers in life: heart attacks, strokes, cancer, diabetes, are often caused by diet.

What do we know about diet? Nothing.
All of them seem right to me. I have tried out fruits diet for a whole month or so, and it was great. Same with eating high end protein food, and a mixture. They seem super healthy.

I think the only thing everyone agrees on: *processed sugars are bad*

Almost everything we eat has processes sugars. So just eat less of it. That's the only thing we really seem to know.

I’ve been doing it. It seems to work.

- *LESS INTERNET*

I make real connections instead of digital ones. This seems trite. But real is more solid than digital.

I’ve even stopped hanging out with people who look at their phone while talking to me. I don't need to be with people who are ghosts right in front of me.

Did I miss something? Probably. Do I care? I kind of do. It makes me a little anxious to be honest.

But will I get over it?Yes I will.

- DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY*

I like to go out to Aspoly whenever am in Aba.
I like to read thousands and thousands of Pretty scary stuffs on the dark Web and entertaining stuffs about anything I could grab my hands on(well, more like search on the Internet).
I like to watch a lot of movies and series.
I like to play classic music ranging from new age to hard-core rap.

I like to win. Sometimes I do. I like the banter. I don't compete with anyone since I never see anybody as competition. I like the activity around me. I like listening to everyone making jokes. It makes me feel good in my chest and head..

I love helping people out of duty but never out of pity.
I love playing games.
Once in a while, I take a risk that I probably wouldn't have thought I would do.
I never argue or banter with my parents (not that I can't cuz I have a really bad mouth, but it's of no use and it is simple common sense to not to even when they are wrong ;they will always realize their mistakes. Well, except they are dumb)
Sometimes I take a walk round absu and climb the mountains to an observable peak.

I listen to my body. If it tells me I like something, then I try to do more of it. If it tells me, "i'm uncomfortable", then I try to do less of it.

Try listing ten things a day that you do enjoy. See how much of them you can do. If you can do something for one minute today, and figure out how to double it tomorrow, and double it the next week, then soon you will find something you are doing that you love.

Emptiness in life leaves room for the things you enjoy. You don't need to have an adventure every day. Sometimes emptiness leaves room for the adventures to happen around you and you can watch and take delight in them.

- *LEAVE ROOM FOR POSSIBILITY*

We do feel better when we do things we are competent in.

But when we are bogged down with millions of items in our closet; When we are bogged down with dreary responsibilities from a school stuffs and family stuffs and work; When we are trying to keep up with our TV shows, and our newspapers, and our meetings, and our drinks … we remove "Possibility" from our lives.

Are you interested in music? This is a possibility. "But I can't play an instrument". Ok, but list ten other things about music you can do. Can you write reviews? Can you curate the best hits of the week. Can you decipher good lyrics from bad lyrical content?

Can you?...Can you?...Can you?

*A life filled with everything leaves room for nothing.*

*A life filled with nothing, leaves room for everything.*

That is possibility.

And possibility leads to competence, leads to better relationships, leads to freedom, sharpens your curiosity, makes you to always expect anything from anybody. It leaves you always prepared for the unknown and it keeps your plans in always flexible infinity mode.
But am sorry, you can't have all I stated above if you still let small things, frivolities , mediocre comments, tiny and irrelevant unimportant things control your being for you... Yeah, things like *objectifying yourself*
Damn!
Did I just say that? Sorry, have to end here!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity by DucheSsMerezz(f): 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice
Re: Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity by philfearon(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
DucheSsMerezz:
Nice
You are welcome.
Re: Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity by Endougs(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Should I say you took the word out of my mouth because for the past two months I have been trying to improve in these area of my life in the area of less internet well I don't think there will be a day I won't visit nairaland.

Nice write up
Re: Minimalism :the Concept Of Simplicity by philfearon(m): 4:56am On Jul 12, 2016
Endougs:
Should I say you took the word out of my mouth because for the past two months I have been trying to improve in these area of my life in the area of less internet well I don't think there will be a day I won't visit nairaland.

Nice write up
Thank you bro.

(1) (Reply)

Our Primary/secondary School Teachers Really Decived Us!! / NIOS Class 12 October Exam Results 2016 / See Amazing 22yr Old Graduate From Unilag That Came Out With 5.00 GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.