Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Gaming On Intel HD Graphics - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming On Intel HD Graphics (51215 Views)

How To Improve Image Quality And Boost Gaming On Your Android Phone / Gaming On The Asus R9 290 DCUII OC Edition / Gaming On The MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
[size=14pt]Please read the first post thanks[/size]

Title: Life is Strange
Resolution: 800x600
Genre: Action, Adventure
Comments: I was looking forward to playing this as it had an 'overwhelming positive' review on steam. However at an average of 13FPS, it was completely unplayable. sad

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2016
AKBliv010:

I don't o , brother. Why what's up?

Knowledge and wisdom. Anyway can I get ur email, there are tons of info I will like to get from you. Thanks
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2016
KazukiIto:

Knowledge and wisdom. Anyway can I get ur email, there are tons of info I will like to get from you. Thanks
blivak010@gmail.com
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
AKBliv010:

Intel GMA is 6 years older than Intel HD, so my guess will be no. I'm barely getting playable framerate with mine. But, by all mines try it.
which games do
u have
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
?
AKBliv010:

Intel GMA is 6 years older than Intel HD, so my guess will be no. I'm barely getting playable framerate with mine. But, by all mines try it.
which games do
u have
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
AKBliv010:

which games do
u have
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Title: Divinity:Original Sin
Genre: Turn-based strategy
Comments: Avg framerate was low so wasn't playable. cry.

Intel HD link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5QVQxanJoREcxbG8

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nosainwe:

which games do
u have

Check link - titles I have so far https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5QVQxanJoREcxbG8
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Title: League of Legends
Resolution: 1280x720
Genre: Strategy
Comments: With an average of 34FPS it's playable. However combat scenes see a lower average so might be worth turning down resolution and/or image quality.

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Title: Mount & Blade : Warband
Resolution: 1280x720
Genre: Action,RPG
Comments: Image quality for this game was Med-High and averaged 34FPS. This is possible because game uses the Direct 9 API, a tool used until 2008 so it's not demanding on the iGPU.

Intel HD link -https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5QVQxanJoREcxbG8

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2016
@AkBliv010 I have a little problem. I'm using an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a core i3 processor. When I got it initially, it had 1760MB Dynamic Video Memory and a dedicated VRAM of 128MB (please don't laugh). I noticed when I restored the OS to factory default a long time ago, the VRAM shrank to 64MB. Fast-forward to yesterday, I installed Win 8.1 and now the VRAM is 32MB. Any pointers on how I can restore it to its glorious 128MB? I'm really missing Far Cry 3! Thanks...
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2016
KazukiIto:
@AkBliv010 I have a little problem. I'm using an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a core i3 processor. When I got it initially, it had 1760MB Dynamic Video Memory and a dedicated VRAM of 128MB (please don't laugh). I noticed when I restored the OS to factory default a long time ago, the VRAM shrank to 64MB. Fast-forward to yesterday, I installed Win 8.1 and now the VRAM is 32MB. Any pointers on how I can restore it to its glorious 128MB? I'm really missing Far Cry 3! Thanks...
You need to enter the BIOS setup to change the value. With Acer laptops, during booting, keep pressing F2 key to enter BIOS settings. What you should be looking for is Graphic Configuration or similar. Without seeing your laptop I can't tell which tab it'll be under but if you get stuck and you can send some photos that'll be helpful.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
@Akbliv010 before I move on, let me mention something. I had, say BIOS v1.0, then I saw and downloaded what I assumed to be BIOS v1.2 on acer's website and installed it. Now that particular field in the BIOS settings can't be changed. Any possible workaround?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
KazukiIto:
@Akbliv010 before I move on, let me mention something. I had, say BIOS v1.0, then I saw and downloaded what I assumed to be BIOS v1.2 on acer's website and installed it. Now that particular field in the BIOS settings can't be changed. Any possible workaround?
Flash the BIOS to the previous version. I assume you got it from here?

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

Flash the BIOS to the previous version. I assume you got it from here?

Oh yes! I got it from there. Sorry for asking 21 questions, but how do I flash the darn BIOS to the previous version? Thanks for your patience...
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
KazukiIto:

Oh yes! I got it from there. Sorry for asking 21 questions, but how do I flash the darn BIOS to the previous version? Thanks for your patience...
Have you tried running the previous BIOS version to see if it'll downgrade?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

Have you tried running the previous BIOS version to see if it'll downgrade?

I can't remember. I will have to do trial and error. Thanks
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2016
KazukiIto:
I can't remember. I will have to do trial and error. Thanks
If that doesn't work then it might be a case of creating a bootable USB to flash it, potentially.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2016
@AKBliv010 ure yet to answer my question concerning the unlimited data thingy. i cant help it but noticed that ure having issues with most games that runs smoothly on my intel board,for u to get most out of ur system and to gain an increase fps on games,try disabling the antialising capabilities,post processing,shadows and vsync. with this few tweaks,ure sure to get upto 40% increase in fps. Also get the gamebooster app and disable ur antivirus processes.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2016
Mckandre:
@AKBliv010 ure yet to answer my question concerning the unlimited data thingy. i cant help it but noticed that ure having issues with most games that runs smoothly on my intel board,for u to get most out of ur system and to gain an increase fps on games,try disabling the antialising capabilities,post processing,shadows and vsync. with this few tweaks,ure sure to get upto 40% increase in fps. Also get the gamebooster app and disable ur antivirus processes.
I did bruv, I said I wasn't based in Nigeria. Most of the games are run on low settings though which disables AA,PP etc. Thanks for the tip, I'll try gamebooster and do some more comparison to see it's effects.
I test them on those where I'm getting playable framerates first though and see is it boosts grin
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mckandre:
Also get the gamebooster app and disable ur antivirus processes.
I installed and tried gamebooster on 3 titles and it had a positive effect on the minimum framerate but negative on the average framerate which was almost consistent across the games I tried. I played the same scenes and captured the data over 5mins of game play each. Based on this, I'm Revo'ing razerbooster cheesy. I think it'll work best for PC users who just have sh1t loads of processes running in the background with tons of startup items. My PC runs with the bare minimum on startup and I think that's why it has a negative impact on my system.

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

I installed and tried gamebooster on 3 titles and it had a positive effect on the minimum framerate but negative on the average framerate which was almost consistent across the games I tried. I played the same scenes and captured the data over 5mins of game play each. Based on this, I'm Revo'ing razerbooster cheesy. I think it'll work best for PC users who just have sh1t loads of processes running in the background with tons of startup items. My PC runs with the bare minimum on startup and I think that's why it has a negative impact on my system.

u used Razer gamebooster? I knew that's the one u will come across, my bad I didn't specify on the particular type. I used Razer ones but I noticed it reduces fps on most of my high fps games. download iobit game booster, go to configuration and thick every processes except Explorer.exe. u will get noticeable difference. cheers
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mckandre:
u used Razer gamebooster? I knew that's the one u will come across, my bad I didn't specify on the particular type. I used Razer ones but I noticed it reduces fps on most of my high fps games. download iobit game booster, go to configuration and thick every processes except Explorer.exe. u will get noticeable difference. cheers
I think it'll be a futile exercise tbh, all these programs do reduce the amount of system memory being used, I've got 4GB which doesn't get maxed out and my virtual memory(pagefiles) runs of an SSD which is very fast. It won't benefit me in anyway.
The most it saved on my system was 0.3GB RAM lol.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Mckandre(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
AKBliv010:

I think it'll be a futile exercise tbh, all these programs do reduce the amount of system memory being used, I've got 4GB which doesn't get maxed out and my virtual memory(pagefiles) runs of an SSD which is very fast. It won't benefit me in anyway.
The most it saved on my system was 0.3GB RAM lol.
it doesn't actually mean it will free a huge amount of ram but twill prevent most activities from interfering with ur game processes such as notifications and popups which I get often on my windows 10. if getting more ram space is the case i doubt if it applies to mine cos I ve more ram a game could ever ask for,my main problem is the background activities that are causing interference with my games. another way to boost some games is to set your game processes to realtime or high priority on the task manager,I did that on web of shadows and MOH Warfighter and I got a noticeable results.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mckandre:
it doesn't actually mean it will free a huge amount of ram but twill prevent most activities from interfering with ur game processes such as notifications and popups which I get often on my windows 10. if getting more ram space is the case i doubt if it applies to mine cos I ve more ram a game could ever ask for,my main problem is the background activities that are causing interference with my games. another way to boost some games is to set your game processes to realtime or high priority on the task manager,I did that on web of shadows and MOH Warfighter and I got a noticeable results.
Quantify and share these noticeable results if you have time but na iGPU clocked 1Ghz boost clock and a 1.4Ghz dual core CPU we they talk about here sha...nothing to write home about. I won't get hung up in trying to get 2-3more fps on a game that runs at 10fps...that 40% gains is incredible.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
-deleted-
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2016
Title: Far Cry 2
Resolution: 720x480
Comments: Unplayable with an average framerate of 19FPS. Game was launched in Directx9 to allow using the lowest setting but still remained unplayable.

Intel HD Link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5QVQxanJoREcxbG8

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Title: Battle: Los Angeles
Genre: Shooter
Comments: Not playable with an average of 13FPS. Also unable to play in windowed mode so with an ultrawide monitor image seriously pixelated.

Half way through this marathon, 20 more titles to go. Suggestions welcome. What you you guys like to see tested?

Just a recap, any titles below 20FPS is rated as unplayable on this Intel HD iGPU system running a dual core i3-2365M clocked at 1.4Ghz

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:59am On Jul 19, 2016
Title: Prince of Persia:The Two thrones
Resolution: 1024x768
Genre: Adventure
Comments: Not being able to play in windowed mode made this image very pixelated an gameplay wasn't nice though maintaining a high framerate.

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2016
AKBliv010:
Title: Far Cry 2
Resolution: 720x480
Comments: Unplayable with an average framerate of 19FPS. Game was launched in Directx9 to allow using the lowest setting but still remained unplayable.

I didn't have any issue with this game. Game ran like a market woman's mouth. I'm surprised at ur results. resolution 1366x768; quality

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2016
Test Far Cry 4. I know, I know....
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Dislyn: 7:05am On Jul 19, 2016
Please I need intel H.D graphics or Nvidia graphics that wil work on 1.9GHz 1gb ram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL / The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years / PES 15 Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.