Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Gaming On Intel HD Graphics - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming On Intel HD Graphics (51268 Views)

How To Improve Image Quality And Boost Gaming On Your Android Phone / Gaming On The Asus R9 290 DCUII OC Edition / Gaming On The MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by captainking(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
Androidking:
I was born of gaming.. Just didn't realize it on time I just hope this thread will help my evolution......

With Intel HD 3000

Played
* mk Komplete edition
*Mad max lowest settings ever but annoying and very very slow near invisible lol
*Assassin screed black flag...updated to freedom cry
*PES 2013...unable to access game plan.. (I have no idea of patches den though)
*PES 2014 (stupid game)
*PES 2015. .played very smooth with or with out power
*PES 2016 very smooth with or with out power no lag
*Need for speed the Run... Medium setting with NEPA its very fast

*Dead pool
*Resident Evil
*Terminator Salvation

That's all I remembered

Pavilion g6
3rd generation Intel HD 3000
2.8ghz no turbo no hyper threading
6gig ram

Then some guys stole my laptop.. May it rest in peace...

I looking forward to increase my gaming experience with you guys
And finally.. Have decided to sell my gaming pc...Asus gaming laptop . with nvidia gpu. With...fifa 14..15..pes 11 to pEs 15..devil may cry 3.4. And 5.. Dragon Ball xenoverse.. Injustice.. God's among us.. Assassins creed black flag.. And a lot more games.. .. All ps3 version games.. And does not lag any games.. Nb.. This system was sent direct from the US..

Location... Lagos.. Price.. 60k..
Whatsapp for more info.. 08140077394... Or call 08140077394... 09024969692

Pc Console comes with 2 transparent pads.. Already installed VM ware.. Over 100 movies.. Complete CEH training module and softwares.. If you know what I mean.. And a lot of other freebies.. So.. Offer open till I recieve my monthly alert.. The 2nd pics is dragon Ball xenoverse game play.. On TV using my hdmi cable..
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
KazukiIto:
I hope this thread is still active. Big shoutout to @AKbliv010.

Title: Watchdogs
resolution: 1024 x 768
quality settings: everything low

comment: be ready to experience lag, esp when the game has to render many polygons. overall, it was playable

My laptop specs
Ram: 4GB
processor: intel core i3 @2.5GHz
VRAM: 32MB

Its still alive. I've got about 10 more titles to test.
Your i3@2.5Ghz is paying off...I will at some point test a laptop with an AMD mobile APU with an R5/R7 iGPU.
Historically, AMD has much stronger iGPU's than Intel.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
AKBliv010:

Is still here. I've got about 10 more titles to test.
Your i3@2.5Ghz is paying off...I will at some point test a laptop with an AMD mobile APU with an R5/R7 iGPU.
Historically, AMD has much stronger iGPU's than Intel.
I see
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 28, 2016
Another question I have to ask is how do you guys game on laptops without killing your systems?
I game casually on mine, haven't played up to 8 games in total but clocked in at least two hundred hours devoted only to gaming. Six months later the fan's given up, some of the case screws have fallen off due to fluctuating temperatures and I fear some keys on the keyboard would give up -- the same way I bought numerous upon numerous keyboard replacements for my desktop.

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2016
charix:
Another question I have to ask is how do you guys game on laptops without killing your systems?
I game casually on mine, haven't played up to 8 games in total but clocked in at least two hundred hours devoted only to gaming. Six months later the fan's given up, some of the case screws have fallen off due to fluctuating.
First rule: always game in a dust-free environment.
Cooling also is very important. I setup my laptop on an egg crate, then pump on the standing fan.
Summary your laptop is your lady, so, treat her right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
KazukiIto:

First rule: always game in a dust-free environment.
Cooling also is very important. I setup my laptop on an egg crate, then pump on the standing fan.
Thanks. Would try this.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
charix:
What KazukiIto said is very right, these laptops aren't meant for prolonged heavy tasks like gaming so they aren't equipped with very good cooling as you'll find in a laptop purposely built for gaming.
I'll add that you should know how to change your thermal paste as you can imagine a low-end laptop will use cheaper materials/components. Thermal paste degrades over time and quicker when used in high temperatures which results in inefficient heat dissipation causing the CPU/GPU to run hotter.

2 Likes

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
pls guys i installed pes 2016 on my 4gb ram laptop it is too slow and almost unplayable ,pls how do i reduce the graphics up increase speed because i am not seeing any graphics setting here
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2016
Nosainwe:
pls guys i installed pes 2016 on my 4gb ram laptop it is too slow and almost unplayable ,pls how do i reduce the graphics up increase speed because i am not seeing any graphics setting here
Check the installation folder. The setting's there.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 12:39am On Jul 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

i am checking it now
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 12:43am On Jul 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

it shows error saying i dont have a NET.FRAMEWORK installed what should i do
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 3:57am On Jul 29, 2016
Give the specs of your system.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 7:02am On Jul 29, 2016
Nosainwe:
it shows error saying i dont have a NET.FRAMEWORK installed what should i do
Dload 4.6.1 - https://www.microsoft.com/net/download
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by dacovajnr: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
What are the stuffs to look out for when buy a gaming latop?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by dacovajnr: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
What are the stuffs to look out for when buy a gaming laptop?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Lana1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
dacovajnr:
What are the stuffs to look out for when buy a gaming laptop?
GPU(most important), processor, ram and maybe the brand(stay away from HP).
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by dacovajnr: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Lana1:
GPU(most important), processor, ram and maybe the brand(stay away from HP).
hp Elitebook 8540p
it specs are 4gb ram, 500hdd, wifi, bluetooth, keyboad light, dvd/cd rom, webcam 15.6, and 14.1 screen size, that's the system am thinking of getting what do you think..if n you can suggest a good gaming system for me bro
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
dacovajnr:
hp Elitebook 8540p
it specs are 4gb ram, 500hdd, wifi, bluetooth, keyboad light, dvd/cd rom, webcam 15.6, and 14.1 screen size, that's the system am thinking of getting what do you think..if n you can suggest a good gaming system for me bro
Find one with a dedicated graphic cards like an Nvidia 940M and above or an AMD R7/R9 mobile series( to handle recent titles with playable framerates). If not, get a console.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by dacovajnr: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

Find one with a dedicated graphic cards like an Nvidia 940M and above or an AMD R7/R9 mobile series( to handle recent titles with playable framerates). If not, get a console.
ok tnx..
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by captainking(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2016
charix:
I game casually on mine, haven't played up to 8 games in total but clocked in at least two hundred hours devoted only to gaming. Six months later the fan's given up, some of the case screws have fallen off due to fluctuating temperatures and I fear some keys on the keyboard would give up -- the same way I bought numerous upon numerous keyboard replacements for my desktop.
the main thing is this.. If your laptop has a dedicated graphics card.. Like nvidia... You can play games as long as u want.. Without frying your system.. Am telling you from experience.. Have used my Asus laptop to play HD games for over 20hrs straight... And did it for many days without putting fan close to it.. And it dint fry. I still play games like madt on it.. Even now.. Every weekend.. Like.. Friday night.. I take it to my friends house and we play games all night till morning.. So.. If you want a laptop to play games with.. U need to buy one with nvidia gpu.. And play for as long as you want.. I would recommend Asus for you.. Cos.. I heard that.. So other systems with nvidia gets fried.. After a while.. But.. Not Asus.. Experience Bro.. .
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
captainking:

the main thing is this.. If your laptop has a dedicated graphics card.. Like nvidia... You can play games as long as u want.. Without frying your system.. Am telling you from experience.. Have used my Asus laptop to play HD games for over 20hrs straight... And did it for many days without putting fan close to it.. And it dint fry. I still play games like madt on it.. Even now.. Every weekend.. Like.. Friday night.. I take it to my friends house and we play games all night till morning.. So.. If you want a laptop to play games with.. U need to buy one with nvidia gpu.. And play for as long as you want.. I would recommend Asus for you.. Cos.. I heard that.. So other systems with nvidia gets fried.. After a while.. But.. Not Asus.. Experience Bro.. .
AMD also do laptops with APU's ( accelerated processing unit) with the integrated R7/R9 mobile series. Avoid HP as they limit the processing power with these APU's.

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Having tested over 20 games using the Intel HD graphics, I conclude that if you already own one, one is limited to games that can be played at typically low settings/resolutions. If you are looking to purchase a gaming laptop, AMD historically have better integrated GPU's at a lower price.
If funds isn't an issue then invest in an Intel CPU with a dedicated Nvidia/AMD graphic card but this can set you back around £700/$1000 (new).
The ultimate setup is a gaming desktop for around a £500/$700 you can build a 1080p/60Hz system that will satisfy most gaming needs with high-ultra setting's enabled.

Wil be posting soon a guide to making a gaming desktop. I know, parts are not available in Nigeria but knowing is good.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
AKBliv010:

Dload 4.6.1 - https://www.microsoft.com/net/download

thanks it works but, graphics settings. Is stuck on low and I can't increase it
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by captainking(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
AKBliv010:

AMD also do laptops with APU's ( accelerated processing unit) with the integrated R7/R9 mobile series. Avoid HP as they limit the processing power with these APU's.
word Bro...

1 Like

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nosainwe:
thanks it works but, graphics settings. Is stuck on low and I can't increase it
What OS version are you using? Try running 'settings.exe' in compatibility mode. Right click on 'settings.exe'>Properties>Compatibility>tick the box and select your OS version. If that doesn't work, send a screenshot of the Specifications Tab when you launch 'settings.exe'.
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Nosainwe(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
AKBliv010:

What OS version are you using? Try running 'settings.exe' in compatibility mode. Right click on 'settings.exe'>Properties>Compatibility>tick the box and select your OS version. If that doesn't work, send a screenshot of the Specifications Tab when you launch 'settings.exe'.
winows 7 sp1 32bit

Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Babysho(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
BRAINZBox:
Nice thread, currently game on intel Hd 5500...core i5

Games I've played on it

all PES titles (frm pes 14 to 16 I've had to use low settings tho)

Far-cry 2 : medium settings

Call of duty modern warfare : Medium graphic settings

FM 16 : low settings, can handle medium bt I dnt like d workload on my processor

GTA IV -- Had to do some wicked trick dat took some research bt once I was able to do it...the gaem played seamlessly on low settings.

You've got to know how to tweak ur intel HD to enjoy it.

What's the dedicated video ram?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nosainwe:
winows 7 sp1 32bit
did the compatibility stuff work or not?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Androidking: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
FINISHED TOMB RAIDER SURVIVOR 2013. SWEET GAME AND STILL REPLAYING IT..
FINISHED RESIDENT EVIL AND STILL REPLAYING

FUNISHED TERMINATOR SALVATION.. AND STILL REPLAYING... THESE GAMES I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE THAN ASSASIN CREED BLACK FLAG
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by Lana1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
AKBliv010:
Wil be posting soon a guide to making a gaming desktop. I know, parts are not available in Nigeria but knowing is good.
Eagerly anticipating this one...
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by KazukiIto(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
YO @Akbliv010 I'm thinking Far Cry 4. I'm through with Watch_dogs, what's your take?
Re: Gaming On Intel HD Graphics by AKBliv010(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
KazukiIto:
YO @Akbliv010 I'm thinking Far Cry 4. I'm through with Watch_dogs, what's your take?
I didn't latch onto Far Cry 4 tbh. I played it for about a week and got rid of it. That's not to say it's not good, it's got great reviews.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL / The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years / PES 15 Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.