Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Books You Must Read! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books You Must Read! (42819 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Books You Will Never Get Tired Of Reading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2009
HELLO EVERYONE!
I am Dunsin Ayeni (Emmandus).Familiar? well, we'll save the intro for later time. My hobby for reading led me to set up own little library and then about 4 months ago my own growing book centre.
IN SHORT. I KNOW A GOOD BOOK WHEN I SEE ONE!So, on this thread We will sensitize ourselves on life changing or impacting books we must all read or want others to read. And what happens if you have a difficulty buying it ,never mind because I can Only be a phone call away,

Have You Read ,Think ang Grow Rich by Napoleon Hills? If not you don't know what you are missing pick a copy at any bookshop-it's popular book and it won't cost you more than N500 anywhere.
Do you have a PC? Never mind then I can send you a PDF format of it free! Yes Free. at no cost,
Let's prove them wrong that "the best way to hide knowledge from a black man is to put it in a book" It's a blatant lie.

SO TELL US OF YOUR OWN MUST READ BOOK AND HOW TO GET IT.
TILL THEN <EXERCISE YOUR MIND, READ A GOOD BOOK TODAY!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Books You Must Read! by queenesthr(f): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
Novels by ARTHUR HAILEY are very educative, entertaining and thoroughly researched. They are not easily obtained in bookshops in Lagos.
Maybe you can assist me in searching for where to obtain them.
His books are a MUST read for all lovers of knowledge. I have read these ones - The Money Changers, In High Places, Hotel, Overload, Wheels, Strong Medicine, Flight into Danger and The Final Diagnosis.

He is the best novelist I have encountered - and I have read hundreds of thousands of books.

I agree with you - reading is it!
Re: Books You Must Read! by sulakishop(m): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2009
@ emmandus. My mail is sulakishop1@yahoo.com, i'll like to have a copy. Thanks.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Queenesthr,Welcome on board.I am so enthused by your great feat in reading Hailey's books i am currently working on a thread and you will be able to download his books for free online and moreso I will give you a ready address for Lagos purchase.
@ @ Sulaki I am sending your book immediately hope you will enjoy.
Friends let's get this thread moving!!
Emmandus

Re: Books You Must Read! by queenesthr(f): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2009
@Emmandus Thank you very much. I'll appreciate that.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Bravesfc: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
Emmandus, may I haveEmail addy is a copy too?

My email addy is bravesfc@yahoo.com.
Re: Books You Must Read! by bioade(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
anyone can send me a pdf format of good books . email is bioadealways@yahoo.com. cheers embarassed
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
In Her Eyes is a must read for me.
Re: Books You Must Read! by mbulela: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2009
Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby.
If you love English football, a must read.
witty, entertaining and educative.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2009
@Bioade
@Brave Fc
I have sent your Full version of the must read book THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILLS TO YOUR BOX in response to your request.
Enjoy It!
Re: Books You Must Read! by McDoe(m): 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
The RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON is guide to life and therefore a must read.

2 Likes

Re: Books You Must Read! by Akanniade(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2009
Shogun by James Clavell

1 Like

Re: Books You Must Read! by AzuChi: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ McDoe

I have read The RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON, thats a def MUST READ

My LIst of MUST Reads are

Rich dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Who moved my Cheese ( not sure of the Author)
The Magic of Thinking Big.

1 Like

Re: Books You Must Read! by queenesthr(f): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Emmandus, am still waiting for the Arthur Hailey books info and the thread.

Thanks.
Re: Books You Must Read! by adebayo201: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
lol
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ Azuchi ,Mcdoe The RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON is surely a must read your financial library has not started without it.And it is not complete without Rich Dad Poor Dad. Who moved my Cheese was written by Spencer Johnson. I am also getting us the free thread cause I want to read it too.
@ queenesthr never mind just wrapping up things This week is sure.God willing.
Re: Books You Must Read! by adebayo201: 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2009
wink wink wink
Re: Books You Must Read! by mamagee6(f): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2009
A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens.
Re: Books You Must Read! by McDoe(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2009
Emmandus:

@ Azuchi ,Mcdoe The RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON    is surely a must read your financial library has not started without it.And it is not complete without Rich Dad Poor Dad. Who moved my Cheese was written by Spencer Johnson. I am also getting us the free thread cause I want to read it too.
@ queenesthr never mind just wrapping up things This week is sure.God willing.

Thank you.
Re: Books You Must Read! by wems002: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2009
Guys you guys are really doing a great job, i would appreciate it if i could get, Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hills
Richest Man in Babylon. The Lost symbol,digital fortress and Deception point, by Dan Brown. Thanks my mail address is wems002@yahoo.co.uk
I will be more than happy to get these books.
Re: Books You Must Read! by gorociano: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2009
well for me its ATLAS SHRUGGED BY AYN RAND, very philosophical and gets down o the nitty gritty of everything in life, I had a copy but it was so good it got eaten by termites!, Anyone know how i can get another copy, e- or othrwise?

P.s it was voted the second most influential book after the bible in the lif of it's readers!
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
hey guys try Ishmeal Beah's a long way gone,
Re: Books You Must Read! by ravenzord(m): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
The Cider House Rules: John Irving

All James Michener books,old and revised,they're all thought provoking and informative.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Sangman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
I'm glad to see James Michner here; I read " The Source" about 15 years ago, and have recently purchased a copy. Very deep and thought provoking book, even though its fiction.
Also recently read "The Wolves" by H H Kirst. (another one of the ol books that I found dusty in an uncle's home, 10-15 years ago)
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2009
Guys ! nice to know the site we all created together is doing great.I ended my IT 3 wks ago, and i am back in my state - nevertheless, the quality you get wont reduce one inch.
@wems002 i already sent you Think and Grow Rich about a week ago.
Rick Warren's Purpose Driven life is amust read I recommend to you my friends I am almost done with it .If you care for an ecopy let me know Love uall!
Re: Books You Must Read! by queenesthr(f): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
Please I need a copy.

Still waiting for the Arthur Hailey thing.

chynweod@yahoo.com
Re: Books You Must Read! by Ifez: 6:26am On Nov 04, 2009
FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David is a must read!!!!!!

It's about am American babe that get's sent to a Federal (boarding) School in Naija and all the adventures and experiences she had.
This book is hilarious!!! You will laugh, cry, nod your head, yell with excitement, etc, shocked shocked shocked

You will think you're right there with the characters experiencing everything with them. it's so believable. The author did a marvelous job.
You seriously need to read this book.

Buy from the publisher: https://bernardbooks.com

Buy from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hilarious-Adventures-American-Nigerian-Federal/dp/0982452608/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257312322&sr=8-1
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 05, 2009
yes
Re: Books You Must Read! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2009
The Man Died by Wole Soyinka. That book is a classic.
Re: Books You Must Read! by sirabbey(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
For me the list of good books is endless
UNBRIDLED BY JUDE DIBIA
PRESUMED INNOCENT BY SCOTT TURROW
WALKING WITH SHADOWS BY JUDE DIBIA
A SIMPLE PLAN BY SCOTT SMITH
MY LIFE BY BILL CLINTON
FINISHING STRONG BY STEVE FARRAR
THE RUN BY JOHN GILTRAP etc
Re: Books You Must Read! by zainabmc: 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ Emmandus I am also an avid Hailey reader. Would you pls help me with where I can get more of his books online free. My email is zainabauwal@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Re: Books You Must Read! by Emmandus(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2009
Friends,
I always love to appreciate u all.
@queenesthr Hailey's books have n't been so easy to get,but I just got one for now Hotel. Imagine it was in notepad, I had to convert it to PDF.Do u need a copy ? I will send the Purpose Driven life in a jiffy.
@Crystal just in a jiffy .
@ others hands already on deck.Seen my blog lately?
Love u all!
Emmandus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Romance Story- The Neigbours / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.