Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) (11541 Views)

Newly Built Ikeja Bus Terminal By Ambode Nearing Completion (photos) / Abule Egba Bridge Nearing Completion, Currently 80% Completed (Photos) / New Interchange In Oshodi Lagos– Ambode (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Wadeoye(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Can't see the tunnel - what I see here looks like a 1960 colonial bridge over river osun.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
redcap:
AbaGWORO is an untraveled semi-illiterate, that thing you've got there is a mere RAT hole,go to Maryland Lagos to see the mini-tunnel constructed decades ago and you are here appluading this drain Pipe.

Nairaland gives non entities the opportunity to interact with people they cannot even clean their shoes in real life. Nobody in your village can claim to have travelled more than my third tier employees not to talk of my humble self. Don't abuse this opportunity Nairaland has afforded you.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by millionaireman: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
AlPeter:
Abagworo, saying other states needs to learn from this is an insult. Do you know how many like this exist in villages, in certain states in nigeria?

Any other state governor that emulates Okorocha shall provoke the citizens of the state to revolt against the governor.

Since he joined APC, Okorocha abandoned the rest of Imo state outside the state capital.

Google Okorocha or Imo state, no trace of Okorocha government anywhere with development infrastructure outside Owerri since Okorocha got second term.

The tunnel on show here, during the days when local government areas' allocations were not confiscated by state governors, local government councils built better bridges, tunnels, culvert, built and graded streets every year.

But Governor Okorocha uses nearly all the allocations coming to Imo state and its local government areas to destroy and build on one city, Owerri, since he joined APC.

Visit Imo state outside Owerri, see people's sufferings from roads excavated and abandoned by Okorocha contractors in the last four years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
AlPeter:
Abagworo, saying other states needs to learn from this is an insult. Do you know how many like this exist in villages, in certain states in nigeria?

Mention the village and show me pictures. Meanwhile read what I wrote earlier on so that you will not start showing photos of tunnels or interchange.

Abagworo:

Sincerely I don't see it as a tunnel neither do I see it as interchange. I believe its a low budget traffic decongestant that will play the role of tunnel or interchange. I foresee many States borrowing this idea in near future because its definitely affordable.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by millionaireman: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Next? An under ground Metro around Owerri Metropolitan City, if people outside Owerri continue to plead for Okorocha government to complete the roads his contractors excavated and abandoned in those areas.

Okorocha officially named areas outside Owerri as villages. Any way, a village is most beautiful to live in if the village has pipe borne water and electricity. Okorocha doesn't provide pipe borne water and electricity.

Former governor of Imo state, late Mbakwe , provided both pipe borne water and electricity to villages. He even provided industry in every lga. Then, LGA used their federal allocations to also build infrastructure.

Okorocha governs Owerri his own style.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
millionaireman:

Since he joined APC, Okorocha abandoned the rest of Imo state outside the state capital.
government areas to destroy and build on one city, Owerri, since he joined APC.

Visit Imo state outside Owerri, see people's sufferings from roads excavated and abandoned by Okorocha contractors in the last four years.

The summary of your nonsense is that you hate Rochas Okorocha for joining APC. Show me what every Governor since the creation of Nigeria in 1914 has done in your Orlu and I will authoritatively prove that Okorocha has done it 5 times over between 2011 and 2016. Open a thread for it and bring your pictures of schools, roads, dualised roads, hospitals, markets, number of government scholarships from primary to university level from

1914 to 2011 vs 2011 to 2016.

I'm waiting
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by millionaireman: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abagworo:

The summary of your nonsense is that you hate Rochas Okorocha for joining APC. Show me what every Governor since the creation of Nigeria in 1914 has done in your Orlu and I will authoritatively prove that Okorocha has done it 5 times over between 2011 and 2016. Open a thread for it and bring your pictures of schools, roads, dualised roads, hospitals, markets, number of government scholarships from primary to university level from

1914 to 2011 vs 2011 to 2016.

I'm waiting

Is your principal, Okorocha, not having a heart of steel?

Why has Okorocha chosen to visit extreme punishment even upon school children in the Orlu you mentioned? In four years, school children walk through muddy roads excavated and abandoned by Okorocha contractors, roads to nearly all the schools in Orlu Urban LgA. Why? If the contractors had not excavated the roads, who cares?

Do we talk about the stadium Okorocha dismantled since 2011? Which normal state governor would watch youths in Orlu without organized sports five years running?

The Ihioma road and other two in Orlu dualized, before long....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by redcap: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Nairaland gives non entities the opportunity to interact with people they cannot even clean their shoes in real life. Nobody in your village can claim to have travelled more than my third tier employees not to talk of my humble self. Don't abuse this opportunity Nairaland has afforded you.

Laugh at ur ignorance. grin, so pained.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by redcap: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Laugh at ur ignorance. grin, SMH.

1 Like

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by PhockPhockMan: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op's insincerity stinks to high heaven. As educated, Enlightened and exposed he claimed to be, he's celebrating culvert as tunnel, Haa.
I hate seeing structure like this without future in mind.
Okorocha has been conning Imo people with what we Imolites called Okorocha 12 months guarantee
. Shamelessly, this OP and other ungodly political refugees in Imo State keeps polluting the atmosphere with lies, propaganda, fabrications etc.
Any way, I expect this nonsense to crash within 12 months like other Okorocha 12 months guarantee projects below.

[size=18pt]
BREAKING NEWS: Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha Escapes Death As Substandard Bridge Collapses
[/size]
March 25, 2015 • By Sean

What could have been a major disaster was averted just by divine providence in Owerri, the Imo State capital when a pedestrian bridge built by Governor Rochas Okorocha at Heroes’ Children’s Park, opposite Concorde Hotel, collapsed under the governor.

The incident, which happened when the governor stopped over on his way to the NUJ Governorship Debate to interact with some students of Development Comprehensive Secondary School, Owerri, who were around the park when he came, caused a stir among on-lookers and passers-by.

Trouble however started when the governor took the students up the bridge to teach and inspire them on how to become leaders.

No sooner had the governor started the teachings with the students when the bridge caved in with the iron bracing of the bridge cut under the weight of the governor and the students and the students panicked and started shouting “Jesus! Jesus!!”, while the governor feigned ignorance of the situation even as his security aides rounded the spot to help him down.

Our correspondent who was there reports that when the incident happened, the governor’s aides, especially the members of the security operatives, who were visibly shaken, started shouting to the students: “Jump out!, get down!, jump out!” and the students jumped out from the bridge and ran for dear lives.

In the midst of the melee, the governor said “we’re too many here, please jump down”.

Our reporter can report that this was the first time the bridge was being used since it was constructed two years ago by Governor Okorocha.

It would be recalled that Akachi Road Bridge and several buildings (including the multi-million naira Imo Film Academy, a new security gate being constructed behind the main entrance gate to the Government House; office complex being constructed in the Imo State university campus, Owerri as well Princess Hotel Okigwe) constructed by the governor in the state had collapsed raising questions about the standard of such projects.

http://dailymail.com.ng/breaking-news-okorocha-escapes-death-as-his-substandard-bridge-collapses-under-him/

[size=18pt]
School Block Collapses In Owerri [/size]

April 20, 2016

Written by: Joe Nwachukwu-Owerri

Luck was in favour of Orji Primary School pupils in Owerri North Local Government Area of Imo State as a section of their school building collapsed when they were on holiday.

Report Maka Ndigbo from Owerri, Imo State capital, stated that pupils of the primary school, last week, were spared of what could have been a massive disaster when a 12-classroom block building collapsed during a rain storm.

Maka Ndigbo gathered that the collapsed building was one of newest structures at the primary school. However, no life was lost in the incident as pupils and their teachers were on holiday.

People, who visited the site of the collapsed building, told Maka Ndigbo that what could have been a serious and unfortunate incident was averted by the fact that schools in the state were still on holiday when the incident occurred.

The Orji Primary School is said to be accommodating several hundred pupils and teachers.

The issue of collapsed building in the country, according to some eye witnesses, is not new, but that a newly constructed building by the state government to collapse due to rain storm indicates a bad job by the contractors.

Imo State government has been severally accused of doing inferior jobs in the state as some of the roads the government constructed have been nicknamed “China Made’ which connotes non-durability.

The roads constructed by the state government are known to have been washed away by the first rains.
Close observers say that the state government normally award road contracts to those who know little or nothing about road construction. And the contractors, they say, often turn out to do shabby works as expected.

Some people also believe that non payment for jobs done by the government may be responsible for shabby deals by the contractors.

According to tenants who live near the primary school, the school building collapsed due to the impact of a heavy wind storm and rain fall last weekend.

While there was no casualty recorded after the incident, members of the community expressed dismay over the collapse, saying it was a bad statement on the image of the state government.

The roof of the one story collapsed building was shattered, splitting the building into two.

A civil engineer, who pleaded anonimity, told Maka Ndigbo that most of the buildings were not well constructed.

He also accused the civil engineers in the state Ministry of Housing, who were supposed to supervise the construction work on the building, of negligence.

He said: “Government should look into construction of buildings. These buildings must be built based on certain standards so as to withstand strong wind and rain storm. Sadly, some Engineers act in ignorance of basic and key building principles”.

The collapsed school building was one of several others built in some wards in the state by the government under the free education programme of the state.

There are fears now over what happens to pupils and their teachers who are supposed to go back to the buildings when schools reopen later this month.

Some parents, who spoke to Maka Ndigbo, were of the view that government should assure them of the safety of their children in those schools after the vacation.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/school-block-collapses-in-owerri

Let me call my friends

Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, omenka, NgeneUkwenu dropshot, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram.

[size=18pt] APC and Okorocha has killed Imo State [/size]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Beremx(f): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Op's [/size]
Are you from Imo State?
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by aressssa: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Long story short, anambra and obiango's groupies are mad, bitter and upset at this bridge and great development..Ndo.... grin

Imo o ni baje o.... grin
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by aressssa: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
[s]
PhockPhockMan:
Op's insincerity stinks to high heaven. As educated, Enlightened and exposed he claimed to be, he's celebrating culvert as tunnel, Haa.
Okorocha has been conning Imo people with what we Imolites called Okorocha 12 months guarantee
. Shamelessly, this OP and other ungodly political refugees in Imo State keeps polluting the atmosphere with lies, propaganda, fabrications etc.
Any way, I expect this nonsense to crash within 12 months like other Okorocha 12 months guarantee projects below.

Let me call my friends

Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, omenka, NgeneUkwenu dropshot, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram.

[/s]

See lamentation...... grin

Take some alabukun for your headache, sadness and misery.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by PhockPhockMan: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Beremx:
Are you from Imo State?
I'm full blooded imolite.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by temitemi1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Beremx, u need to see this grin grin grin grin
PhockPhockMan:

Let me call my friends

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by AtlanticBreeze: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
aressssa:
[s]Long story short, anambra and obiango's groupies are mad, bitter and upset at this bridge and great development..Ndo.... grin

Imo o ni baje o.... grin[/s]
Anambra and obiano groupies are bitter over a glorified culvert Rochas calls Tunnel? The same Anambra that is pursuing lagos status with projects that can't even be found in lagos? Yeye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by AtlanticBreeze: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
temitemi1:
BeremX what is your take on this project? APC Scam!

1 Like

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by PhockPhockMan: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
aressssa:

See lamentation...... grin

Take some alabukun for your headache, sadness and misery.. grin grin

APC decieving the gullibles since 13th century.

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Let me call my friends

Continue hating while Okorocha remains innovative in governance. All the news you posted are outright falsehood.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Anambra and obiano groupies are bitter over a glorified culvert Rochas calls Tunnel? The same Anambra that is pursuing lagos status with projects that can't even be found in lagos? Yeye

Keep deceiving yourself. Deep in your heart you know the whole truth.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by RRoyaId: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ekoile, you can never change!

Have you seen any Anambran on this thread, please point them out? All the people that have been commenting on this thread are all from IMO STATE so stop looking for a way to draw attention here unnecessarily! upset over tunnel..or abi na funnel..mtchew..LOL

aressssa:
Long story short, anambra and obiango's groupies are mad, bitter and upset at this bridge and great development..Ndo.... grin

Imo o ni baje o.... grin
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by PhockPhockMan: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Continue hating while Okorocha remains innovative in governance. All the news you posted are outright falsehood.

I Don't want to labour myself arguing with you because you live in best part of Owerri and go to your Ikwerre land anytime you want to go to village.
You don't know what we Imo indigenes are suffering.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
RRoyaId:

Have you seen any Anambran on this thread, please point them out? All the people that have been commenting on this thread are all from IMO STATE so stop looking for a way to draw attention here unnecessarily!

Atlanticbreeze is known to be from Anambra pro-Obiano and anti-Peter Obi.

I made it clear that this is not a flyover, tunnel or interchange but a unique and cheap concept never before used but can serve the purpose of tunnel and interchange. Okorocha has completed one flyover and is on a 2nd one at the moment. All these in the past 8 months despite the economic downturn.

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by baconline(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is not a tunnel or interchange, its just a simple twin box culvert, if u see interchange u go bow

2 Likes

Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by PhockPhockMan: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
RRoyaId:

Have you seen any Anambran on this thread, please point them out? All the people that have been commenting on this thread are all from IMO STATE so stop looking for a way to draw attention here unnecessarily! upset over tunnel..or abi na funnel..mtchew..LOL

You go it right, it's not tunnel but funnel.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by RRoyaId: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Shut up, atlanticbreze only came to respond to arressa's comment when he made reference to Anambra. I don't care about what happens on any of Imo State threads so far as they maintain the rule of engagement of not mentioning my state.

[s]
Abagworo:

Atlanticbreeze is known to be from Anambra pro-Obiano and anti-Peter Obi.

I made it clear that this is not a flyover, tunnel or interchange but a unique and cheap concept never before used but can serve the purpose of tunnel and interchange. Okorocha has completed one flyover and is on a 2nd one at the moment. All these in the past 8 months despite the economic downturn.
[/s]
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

I Don't want to labour myself arguing with you because you live in best part of Owerri and go to your Ikwerre land anytime you want to go to village.

What are you suffering that people in Lagos, Kaura Namoda, Eberi Omuma, Oyigbo and all States in Nigeria are not suffering? All of Nigeria has a lot of challenges yet to be solved. Even people in New York, Johannesburg, Cairo, Niamey, Nairobi and Rio De Janeiro are suffering. Okorocha is not God and cannot stop your suffering. Work hard, make money and your suffering will reduce.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by AtlanticBreeze: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

I Don't want to labour myself arguing with you because you live in best part of Owerri a[b]nd go to your Ikwerre land[/b] anytime you want to go to village.
well said.. I wonder why some people who claim to be from imo state like beremx will allow an ikwerre man to deceive them.. I don't waste my time with abagworo because he always sounds like he is on kain kain like his fellow ikwerre boys
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
RRoyaId:
Shut up, atlanticbreze only came to respond to arressa's comment when he made reference to Anambra. I don't care about what happens on any of Imo State threads so far as they maintain the rule of engagement of not mentioning my state.

[s][/s]

Imo is not at war with Anambra hence your rule of engagement is unnecessary. I've never found anything wrong in criticism by any Nigerian against Imo State as it encourages progress.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by RRoyaId: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
This has always been my issue with you right from time. Focus on your state and let me focus on mine, any attempt to breach this simple rule will see me and you again in the trenches. I can accept comments from others who are sane concerning my state but not you in particular. I have consistently made it clear to you that I am now solely on NL just to keep a 24/7 surveillance on you and all your usernames. It is something I am so glad to sign-up to do so far as NL exist.. cool

Abagworo:

Imo is not at war with Anambra hence your rule of engagement is unnecessary. I've never found anything wrong in criticism by any Nigerian against Imo State as it encourages progress.
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Beremx(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
temitemi1:
I have seen it already. Abi you didn't read my comment?
Re: 1st Owerri Semi Tunnel/Interchange Nearing Completion (photos) by Abagworo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
RRoyaId:
This has always been my issue with you right from time. Focus on your state and let me focus on mine, any attempt to breach this simple rule will see me and you again in the trenches. I can accept comments from others who are sane concerning my state but not you in particular. I have consistently made it clear to you that I am now solely on NL just to keep a 24/7 surveillance on you and all your usernames. It is something I am so glad to sign-up to do so far as NL exist.. cool

Chino go and eat first. I know you are hungry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common / Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office / Electricity Workers: Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.