Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) (19213 Views)

Coca-Cola Accused Of Abandoning Staff Who Was Amputated After Injury (Photos) / Aggrieved Ciscon Staff Warri Seal Off Office Premise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by CisconAvenger: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
In a shocking move aimed at intimidating the Pengassan branch of Ciscon. The MD- Mr. Shawley Coker based on the advice of his HR Manager Chioma Ken-Oshionya ordered that 66 union members of staff be sacked without being paid their 3months salary being owed them. The letters signed by the HR Manager were sent via email and DHL to the staff who were not allowed into the office to collect it.

The worst part of it is that 4 of the sacked staff received their termination letters via email from the HR Manager WHILE WORKING ON THE RIG FLOOR.

The staff while working for Ciscon on a Cheveron rig received a mail on their phone's and were shocked to see a termination letter that was even backdated. Not only that, the letters might as well been written by a vulcanizer or carpenter for it was extremely crude and lacked even the basic courtesy.

The staff were shocked and expected that a crew would be sent in immediately to take over from them but as the hours dragged on, the foolishness of the management staff becomes apparent as they expected the terminated staff to continue working for Ciscon with a terminationl letter in their pockets.

The terminated staff showed the letter to the Chevron company man who was shocked that any sane person could send a termination letter by mail to a staff in such a high risk environment.

We later learnt that Chevron sent for the Ciscon GM of that unit- Dr. Joe Ejedawe who is a SHELL retiree to explain the rationale behind sacking staff on the rig but he had no explanation to give.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Artistree: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Orisirisi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Udochee(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
and the deed has been done finally..how devastating can it be.imagine while thinking of the inconvenience on the rig not knowing that a sack letter us awaiting you...tis well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by xyoung: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
and now why is this story under crime?
Lol
Anyway this is a major crime and dunno why it is not on front page

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by CisconAvenger: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
xyoung:
and now why is this story under crime?
Lol
Anyway this is a major crime and dunno why it is not on front page

It is a major crime o. Please push to front page.

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
That company management is warped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by biddieluvzyaho(f): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2016
What a way to go.
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Often in Nigeria are employees seen as garbage that shouldnbe treated with disdain and sacked at will!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Ezedon(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Instead of creating jobs they are sacking people

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by saintkel(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Private companies n dia mumulity
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by JingoOAU(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2016
Chevron should absolve the staff affected and terminate their contract with ciscon as well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2016
Chioma is a biitch sha.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by gurunlocker: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2016
are they saying vulcanizer and carpenters are illiterates?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2016
Incorrect1:
Dear Nairalanders, I'm really in distress but I won't
continue dying in silence. Our landlord has been on our
neck for some time now due to our failure to meet up
with the agreed house rent. Last week, before we
returned home our apartment was locked with a
strange padlock, I called my sister who was the last
person to leave the house to know if she was
responsible for that. Her response was negative, I died
inside me when I found out that my instinct was right. I
approached my landlord to beg him, he turned deaf
ears on me. My mum went up to him in tears before he
agreed to let us in only on one condition, that we will
pay him on or before second week of July, 15th
precisely. 15th is already by the corner and I only have
7k with me out of the total debt of 45k. I need your
assistance. I'm posting it here because mods fail to
push it to fp

Stop Spamming

12 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Iamoilprince(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2016
HR ladies can be soon mean....

5 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by lonelydora: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2016
Ciscon urgently need a change of management. They lack proper training. Sacking someone who's currently working on rig? That's rude.
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2016
If Corruption doesn't kill Nigeria, Unionism will.

2 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2016
smh

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Edubrazilnwa(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2016
Lobatan
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2016
Cisconavenger is obviously a employee of Ciscon who might have been affected via email

1 Like

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by histemple: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Incorrect1:
Dear Nairalanders, I'm really in distress but I won't
continue dying in silence. Our landlord has been on our
neck for some time now due to our failure to meet up
with the agreed house rent. Last week, before we
returned home our apartment was locked with a
strange padlock, I called my sister who was the last
person to leave the house to know if she was
responsible for that. Her response was negative, I died
inside me when I found out that my instinct was right. I
approached my landlord to beg him, he turned deaf
ears on me. My mum went up to him in tears before he
agreed to let us in only on one condition, that we will
pay him on or before second week of July, 15th
precisely. 15th is already by the corner and I only have
7k with me out of the total debt of 45k. I need your
assistance. I'm posting it here because mods fail to
push it to fp

And you were really expecting a sane person to move this to FP?

2 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by bigtt76(f): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2016
HR should be sacked immediately! What if the sacked employees began destroying installations while on the rig after receiving the letter? People are dumb shaaaa. I guess she must have been a foreign university cum first class graduate ....as oil companies for Naija nor de employ 3rd Class graduates naaaa tongue

CisconAvenger:
In a shocking move aimed at intimidating the Pengassan branch of Ciscon. The MD- Mr. Shawley Coker based on the advice of his HR Manager Chioma Ken-Oshionya ordered that 66 union members of staff be sacked without being paid their 3months salary being owed them. The letters signed by the HR Manager were sent via email and DHL to the staff who were not allowed into the office to collect it.

The worst part of it is that 4 of the sacked staff received their termination letters via email from the HR Manager WHILE WORKING ON THE RIG FLOOR.

The staff while working for Ciscon on a Cheveron rig received a mail on their phone's and were shocked to see a termination letter that was even backdated. Not only that, the letters might as well been written by a vulcanizer or carpenter for it was extremely crude and lacked even the basic courtesy.

The staff were shocked and expected that a crew would be sent in immediately to take over from them but as the hours dragged on, the foolishness of the management staff becomes apparent as they expected the terminated staff to continue working for Ciscon with a terminationl letter in their pockets.

The terminated staff showed the letter to the Chevron company man who was shocked that any sane person could send a termination letter by mail to a staff in such a high risk environment.

We later learnt that Chevron sent for the Ciscon GM of that unit- Dr. Joe Ejedawe who is a SHELL retiree to explain the rationale behind sacking staff on the rig but he had no explanation to give.

3 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by annamaria: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Poor HR practice. This is what happens when the HR personnel is not a professional and panders only to the desires of management. The role of HR is to advise management and not simply do what the management wants.

Unfortunately also, many Nigerian employees do not know their rights otherwise many organisations will not misbehave the way they do. Those guys should take the company to the Industrial court.

I doubt if Chevron will react kindly to the development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by EternalBeing: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Lord, give me the Power to hire and fire, I promise not t misuse it like this.

2 Likes

Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by bozz007(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Disappointing yo
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2016
Only in naija
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by mopolch(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2016
chioma is wicked and callous.
Re: Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2016
They don't have regards for their fellow humans. Too bad!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. / Habits That Have Denied You Your Promotion At Work And Stalled Your Career / Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.