Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis (2400 Views)

PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery / 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by chinchum(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
Facts About Dangote’s Refinery and Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-Lekki axis
[size=15pt]

[b]1. Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.

2. The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.

3. The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Epe, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone

4. It is the largest industrial complex in Africa

5. Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

6. World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries

7. It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD

8. Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³.

9. During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians

10. Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project

11. It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet.

12. When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports.

13. The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea

14. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW.

15. All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies/

16. The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis.

17. Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks,

18. Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities

19. This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products

20. Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene.

21. The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million [/b] [/size]

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by jmichlins(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
Government spends $2m/Mgw and he spends a fifth of that to generate same. Talking about efficiency and looting. We need a revolution

2 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by naijaGhandi: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lagos is about to get bigger. Niger delta do not loose guard. Avengers can't help you.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by mrSTRYKS(m): 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
the kind of monopoly dangote will have by next 10years will be second to non in the world...his dangote rice company limited is planing to cultivate 150,000 hecters of land thats about 1.2million tons of rice which is up to 3million bags per year..
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by UkwuNnu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is what am talking about!
A businessman with insight and focus and soon some people would scream monopoly.

What stops others from investing now?

2 Likes

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by omowolewa: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
Work on the site is 24/7, thatz nice
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by obailala(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
14. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. [size=14pt]Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW[/size].
The bolded is a very important point which I am interested in. Can this really be confirmed?... IF this is true, then my personal apologies to Ipob, Nigeria is a real jungle (worse than a domestic zoo).

Also if this is true, then giving Nigerians steady power shouldn't be rocket science after all.

On the main topic, if most of the things written here are true, then Dangote would single handedly become Nigeria's saviour even without joining politics.

An appeal to all aggrieved parties across Nigeria to kindly sheathe their swords and support this singular project cos it will totally change the economy of the entire Nigeria irrespective of tribe, ethnicity, zone or religion; this singular project will favour us all and shouldnt be tribalised or ethnicised.

@Op, can you kindly put a source to this info?

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
obailala:
The bolded is a very important point which I am interested in. Can this really be confirmed?... IF this is true, then my personal apologies to Ipob, Nigeria is a real jungle (worse than a domestic zoo).

Also if this is true, then giving Nigerians steady power shouldn't be rocket science after all.

On the main topic, if most of the things written here are true, then Dangote would single handedly become Nigeria's saviour even without joining politics.

An appeal to all aggrieved parties across Nigeria to kindly sheathe their swords and support this singular project cos it will totally change the economy of the entire Nigeria irrespective of tribe, ethnicity, zone or religion; this singular project will favour us all and shouldnt be tribalised or ethnicised.

@Op, can you kindly put a source to this info?
well I won't doubt his claim. the world average for generating 1000mw of electricity is around $1bn.
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by obailala(m): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
WinningSun:

well I won't doubt his claim. the world average for generating 1000mw of electricity is around $1bn.
World average is $1bn for 1000mw, we all know the peculiarities of NIgeria (corruption aside). But the Op has just said Dangote's plant cost $400million for 1000mw.
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
Dangote is certainly a genius in his own right. I sometimes wonder ow the hell he is able to manage some sleep when his companies with billion of investments litter over Africa. I'm personally proud of Dangote as a Nigerian. Some Ugandans will still come here to spill hate.

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by malton: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2016
obailala:
World average is $1bn for 1000mw, we all know the peculiarities of NIgeria (corruption aside). But the Op has just said Dangote's plant cost $400million for 1000mw.
i doubt his claim. dangote business strategy has always been to build power plant with whatever he builds. ibeshe cement factory was built for $1bn. with power plant. he might have built a power plant to power his refinery but, the capacity is not up to 1000mw. if you ask me. 1000mw is too much for a 650,000b/d refinery. the story is sensational.

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by olab007(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2016
lol 2.27m man hour without LTI,you said world record?...............have done 30million man hr without LTI already but good records any way as safety does not mean anything to them in Naija
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Leyqute(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2016
WinningSun:

i doubt his claim. dangote business strategy has always been to build power plant with whatever he builds. ibeshe cement factory was built for $1bn. with power plant. he might have built a power plant to power his refinery but, the capacity is not up to 1000mw. if you ask me. 1000mw is too much for a 650,000b/d refinery. the story is sensational.

The fact that there isn't a source attached to the story says it is written in falsehood. I don't believe anything I read nowadays without a proff attached to it.

Nowadays, anyone can just sit down somewhere, type anything and publish it to the world. Look at Linda Ikeji.

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2016
Leyqute:

The fact that there isn't a source attached to the story says it is written in falsehood. I don't believe anything I read nowadays without a proff attached to it.

Nowadays, anyone can just sit down somewhere, type anything and publish it to the world. Look at Linda Ikeji.

thanks for seeing beyond the mere claim.
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by obailala(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2016
WinningSun:

I think you missed the point, nobody said Dangote built a 1000mw power plant, the report doesn't say the capacity of the plant. The Op only said the power plant at the refinery cost much less than what it typically cost the government to build a power plant; i.e. $400,000/mw as against almost $2,000,000/mw. And based on this pricing scale, we were only making a comparison of what a 1000mw plant should cost.

1 Like

Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by 989900: 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
I see us improving our Forex earnings by 100% and slashing our Forex import needs by 50% in 3-4 years -- that'd be a coup!
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
obailala:
I think you missed the point, nobody said Dangote built a 1000mw power plant, the report doesn't say the capacity of the plant. The Op only said the power plant at the refinery cost much less than what it typically cost the government to build a power plant; i.e. $400,000/mw as against almost $2,000,000/mw. And based on this pricing scale, we were only making a comparison of what a 1000mw plant should cost.
now I read carefully. who in the world gave him such a nice deal. Siemens and general electric gas turbine which are of high quality are not that cheap. definitely he must been looking towards the east (China,India.)
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by kosytedy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
WinningSun:

now I read carefully. who in the world gave him such a nice deal. Siemens and general electric gas turbine which are of high quality are not that cheap. definitely he must been looking towards the east (China,India.)
Okay
Re: 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant Ibeju-lekki Axis by Greenbuoy(m): 8:44am On Sep 08, 2016
N o n s e n s e

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Talk ( Questions & Answers ) / UBA's Nine Months Profit Grows By 33% To N78 Billion / How To Earn More Money Using Remitano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.