Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians (9592 Views)

Playstation 3 Vs Nintendo Wii Vs Xbox 360 / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2009
SCEA Statement Regarding PlayStation®3 TV Advertising

It has come to our attention that a recent TV advertisement for PlayStation® may have offended some members of the Nigerian community. We never intended to create a situation that would upset anyone, and we have taken action to immediately remove the advertisement from the air. We apologize to anyone this may have offended.

Source: http://www.us.playstation.com/News/ConsumerAlerts
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by candylips(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2009
great
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Bialegend(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2009
And now??
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by back2back(f): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2009
Bialegend:

And now??

And any other companies, agencies, country would think twice before creating rubbish advert about Nigeria.

Well done on this!
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Bialegend(m): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2009
back2back:

And any other companies, agencies, country would think twice before creating rubbish advert about Nigeria.

Well done on this!
And how does that change the negative situations in your rotten country nigeria? Can you explain in detail. Start first with how it will improve electricity supply, good roads and hospitals, effective police and all the bad image your beloved country already has in the eyes of the world.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2009
Love how SONY tailored it to SOME MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIAN COMMUNITY WHO WERE OFFENDED and not ALL NIGERIANS. Roflmao!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2009
Humans beings the most smartest creature still the most delusional.Point a gun at thier head and they'll rely on hope of the gun jamming rather doing something.The only person defending the masses has gone.Sony advert is not a priority to discuss when we've got issues with partially everything in the nation.But trust me the reason why they're making the Sony Ad a big deal is to take your attention from what's really going on.Now sony has apologized but still whats really going on.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MadMax1(f): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2009
Lovely. Good boy SONY.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
I sometimes think pple are dense.There are far bigger issue at hands what the F is getting an Apology gonna do for us.When we should get kids in school,get jobs for pple,supply electricity to the nation and assassinate yaruda and political puppets and figure heads.Bad leadership corrupt practices yet all we do is clap for a puppet bitch chasing apologies from companies defaming a country that's already gone mad.Fyi:the ads refers to yahoo boys not nigerians also chinese pple are always on the recieving end on getting labelled for making fake products you don't see them barking.M_Max there are real issues at hand here.Nigeria will eventually collapse if it keeps current trends.Am 23 spent 5 years in school can't get a job why cuz a space is reserved for someone's family(connection) that is corruption.But i love nigerians let's celebrate the mediocre things that will have no impact on us.Anyway my post here is trash since it doesn't contain any element of deceit and useless points mod do you job.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
pc guru:

I sometimes think pple are dense.There are far bigger issue at hands what the F is getting an Apology gonna do for us.When we should get kids in school[b],get jobs for pple,supply electricity to the nation and assassinate yaruda and political puppets and figure heads.Bad leadership corrupt practices yet all we do is clap for a puppet bitch chasing apologies from companies defaming a country that's already gone mad[/b].Fyi:the ads refers to yahoo boys not nigerians also chinese pple are always on the recieving end on getting labelled for making fake products you don't see them barking.M_Max there are real issues at hand here.Nigeria will eventually collapse if it keeps current trends.Am 23 spent 5 years in school can't get a job why cuz a space is reserved for someone's family(connection) that is corruption.But i love nigerians let's celebrate the mediocre things that will have no impact on us.Anyway my post here is trash since it doesn't contain any element of deceit and useless points mod do you job.

Pathetic! Yuck!
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by FBS: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
pc guru:

I sometimes think pple are dense.There are far bigger issue at hands what the F is getting an Apology gonna do for us.When we should get kids in school,get jobs for pple,supply electricity to the nation and assassinate yaruda and political puppets and figure heads.Bad leadership corrupt practices yet all we do is clap for a puppet bitch chasing apologies from companies defaming a country that's already gone mad.Fyi:the ads refers to yahoo boys not nigerians also chinese pple are always on the recieving end on getting labelled for making fake products you don't see them barking.M_Max there are real issues at hand here.Nigeria will eventually collapse if it keeps current trends.Am 23 spent 5 years in school can't get a job why cuz a space is reserved for someone's family(connection) that is corruption.But i love nigerians let's celebrate the mediocre things that will have no impact on us.Anyway my post here is trash since it doesn't contain any element of deceit and useless points mod do you job.
what has electricity etc got to do with the advert sony made?  undecided

Good boy Sony grin. Now other countries will think twice before yarning dust. cool
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
FBS:

Good boy Sony grin. Now other countries will think twice before yarning dust.
Aaaw this man loves his country! wink
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by FBS: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Of course I do tongue. Brashy na wetin I do you nah? grin
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Basildon1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
pc guru:

PC Guru: Do you need someone to hold your hand while you sob and spare us this pathetic rant?

We know Nigeria is rotten and whatever you think you are going through,a 1000 ppl have gone through worse.Well,I'm sure you know what is called International Relations.It is simply drips of absolute disrespect for such an ad to be aired which smears people of a certain nationality. Even Afghans dare not be labelled bombers in this current age without risking international wrath!

Yes,Nigeria is going down the drain but still have your pride,goddamnit, whether you like it or not,we are nigerians and we dont deserve s**T.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by bigben3: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
so where does this apology thing leave us Nigerians in the true sense of it
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
@basil i'm proud to be a nigerian.But what annoys me is the fact that the same pple wanting apologies from Sony have the power to do something about the nation's problem but the majority are corrupt.Because of the issue of unemployment companies are now manipulating the labour market.I refused 2 bank jobs cuz 1.Rather than employed as full time i'll be employee as IT 2.Position of marketer and a target of millions of naira before confirmation.Now the basic needs should be met first like electricity,cuz without that it affects all aspect. Wait F this i'm just ranting.I'm proud of nigeria even with 419 scams,corrupt leaders,no electricity.I'm proud of it all.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by OvieE: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
So what the those useless Nigerian government fucking gain from it. UP UP UP SONY. I thank you for making a fool of Nigeria. You should have do. Anyway, I like you product and my cousins in Nigeria are already asking me to ship one for them.

Dora ass, so now what?
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by greateliso(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
good
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by otukpo(f): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by iniguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is good news, a good starting point for the rebranding campaign, next target should be the District 9 film . . . . . .but this does not change anything, the level of corruption in this country is enormous, we're appeared to have been cursed with bad leadership and if something tangible isn't done about this once and for all, Nigeria's name will continue to be dragged in the mud, the respect that we should get in the international community will continue to elude us.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by iniguy(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is good news, a good starting point for the rebranding campaign, next target should be the District 9 film . . . . . .but this does not change anything, the level of corruption in this country is enormous, we're appeared to have been cursed with bad leadership and if something tangible isn't done about this once and for all, Nigeria's name will continue to be dragged in the mud, the respect that we should get in the international community will continue to elude us.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by otukpo(f): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

b4 nko?

Love Nigeria, whether good or bad.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by lexyman(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
the advert has not made any difference likewise the apology, just hope to see better Nigeria soon!

[list[li]the personalty remains the same , those in the act of stealing public funds do it every counting seconds/minutes/everyday [/li]
[li][/li]
[/list].
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Basildon1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
pc guru:

@basil i'm proud to be a nigerian.But what annoys me is the fact that the same pple wanting apologies from Sony have the power to do something about the nation's problem but the majority are corrupt.Because of the issue of unemployment companies are now manipulating the labour market.I refused 2 bank jobs cuz 1.Rather than employed as full time i'll be employee as IT 2.Position of marketer and a target of millions of naira before confirmation.Now the basic needs should be met first like electricity,cuz without that it affects all aspect. Wait F this i'm just ranting.I'm proud of nigeria even with 419 scams,corrupt leaders,no electricity.I'm proud of it all.
LOL, i'm not saying we should be proud of the 419 and corruption, it's one of the ugly faces of Nigeria and there's almost nothing that can be done til we have a (sucession of) good president(s). -think there's a proverb that says when the head is bad,the body rots. But til it EVER gets good, U cant smile at the F**ing official that treats u like scum cos u r  Nigerian. It is what it is.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by lawrence83: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
Dora, now that u've gotten what u want, what then is the way forward?
pc guru:

Humans beings the most smartest creature still the most delusional.Point a gun at thier head and they'll rely on hope of the gun jamming rather doing something.The only person defending the masses has gone.Sony advert is not a priority to discuss when we've got issues with partially everything in the nation.But trust me the reason why they're making the Sony Ad a big deal is to take your attention from what's really going on.Now sony has apologized but still whats really going on.
thanks so much for this
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by kingzli(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
It is good to see that they have apologised. Now it is up to us to contain the scammers amongst us.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by kingzli(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
It is good to see that they have apologised. Now it is up to us to contain the scammers amongst us.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by sley4life(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
im happy im 4rm biafra
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by niyyie(m): 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
cheesy What about the Youtube one? Would they yank that off too? Once something gets on the Internet, its pretty difficult to remove it completely.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by delvinmaya(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
U no sometimes i keep asking myself how some people got to become Nigerians,i mean can u imagine d shit some of us are posting on this website.Even wen things were bad for d Americans i bet u that they never cursed nor abused their country.We keep complaining about bad leadership yet we seat on our asses and do nothin abt it.If d wise dnt rule it will be left 2 d foolish 2 lead us.And 2 d jobless fool,dont u ve ideas 2 sell?Initiatives? Men u all sicken me
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by delvinmaya(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
U no sometimes i keep asking myself how some people got to become Nigerians,i mean can u imagine d shit some of us are posting on this website.Even wen things were bad for d Americans i bet u that they never cursed nor abused their country.We keep complaining about bad leadership yet we seat on our asses and do nothin abt it.If d wise dnt rule it will be left 2 d foolish 2 lead us.And 2 d jobless fool,dont u ve ideas 2 sell?Initiatives? Men u all sicken me
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by delvinmaya(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need Ul.cfg File For Ps2 / Gaming Habits You Should Seriously Avoid / My Wicked Dribble On PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.