Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians (9597 Views)

Playstation 3 Vs Nintendo Wii Vs Xbox 360 / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
delvinmaya:

U no sometimes i keep asking myself how some people got to become Nigerians,i mean can u imagine d shit some of us are posting on this website.Even wen things were bad for d Americans i bet u that they never cursed nor abused their country.We keep complaining about bad leadership yet we seat on our asses and do nothin abt it.If d wise dnt rule it will be left 2 d foolish 2 lead us.And 2 d jobless fool,dont u ve ideas 2 sell?Initiatives? Men u all sicken me

Oga mr man,  what are you saying? can't you see the way the country is going?

What kind of initiative do you want us to sell rather than to cry to the government to get things right.

What kind of initiatives can you offer to the country Mr. Initiative.

Are we the government? What can we do? The government only got the power to make things work fine.

Common electricity, we don't have. Don't you read blogs and other websites. LIGHTUPNIGERIA,

Without electricity, no development.

Where are you? Are you in Nigeria? have you been to Nigeria recently?

You are here just typing rubbish here. Maybe you are part of the  people that embezzle Nigeria funds that why you are saying jagonz.

Don't you know what Nigerians are going through because of this common electricity?  angry

If you don't have reasonable idea to contribute,  Why are you lamenting.

SHIT!  angry
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
FBS:

Of course I do tongue. Brashy na wetin I do you nah? grin
Good jare. . . Keep loving
I am loving the Nigeria in me as well . . . wink

otukpo:

b4 nko?
Love Nigeria, whether good or bad.
With a username like the above, i gotta be loving Nigeria for a lil while! grin
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MUZBO(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
kingzli:

It is good to see that they have apologised. Now it is up to us to contain the scammers amongst us.
I'm a scammer, come and contain me nau. Rubbish!!, so you haven't figured out that the problem of this country is bad leadership. People like you will still vote PDP in 2011.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by bawomolo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
so quick to back down lol
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ Faakay

Sorry to burst your bubble but we ARE the Government!!

And lets stop blaming the three thousand people in power for the woes of 140 million.

IMHO, you only need to look around to see how the average Nigerian will behave when he gets to Aso Villa. Have you ever studied how traffic jams occur in Nigeria? Usually a driver decides he can shunt a lane, and drives against traffic, then like 50 cars follow him, then voila, we're all shouting and stuck at the same place for hours when we could've been done in minutes, that's 1.

2. I have watched several Network News clips where the reporter interviews a flood victim, who has constructed his house on top of drainage, and he's complaining that see o, Govt has not come to his aid. The same show interviews Nigerians living in filth - not industrial filth o, but human shit and pure water bags strewn acroos their door fronts and the guy is lamenting - the Govt should try and look into this 'issue' - i.e. to clean up his shit!

3. Last years Hajj pilgrimage - hear this - a friend arrived Mecca early from another Country for the pilgrimage and joined the immigration queue for clearance It was quite long but moving and everyone was in line. Lo and behold, naija plane lands, Nigerians disembark and PRONTO, they are yelling at the top of their voices - we cannot follow this line o, ah! - believe me they ALL went or rather shunted STRAIGHT to the front and wrecked a good procedure - DISGRACEFUL.

4.We always complain about how much Local Govt Chairmen are earning - is there anything in the Constitution that prevents us from contesting? seeing as we are the wiser ones who know the solution to Nigeria's problems!! the Nigerian O-bla-bla-bla-ma's

I can go on and on and on and on and on!!!

5. We always want to hold Govt accountable - for what? Boo Hoo too much money goes down the drain on useless Govt projects! How about the trllions we throw away on useless projects? Can we even quantify how much we give foreign countries in terms of legal visa fees, illegal visa bribes, plane ticket bills for summer holidays et al?

Talk talk talk - Naija is bad, it is Nigerians that are bad - very very terrible - bad maouth and all, and it follows us every where!!!

How many people can go to a bank for a simple transaction and not take a short cut once they 'know somebody'? corruption!

How many of us can joina fuel queue when we 'know' one of the attendants - or know N500 can help us 'shunt'? corruption!

What is the basic definition of 'sharp guy' in Nigeria? and is it not the basic trait every Nigerian aspires to? Abeg!!

As it was rightly said by Winston Churchill, the strongest argument AGAINST Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the voter. That is there o, in Naija, how many of you actually vote?

Puh-leeze!!!
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
Is it just me, i'm not entirely impressed with that thing called apology from Sony.

It looks like something that was scribbled on piece of paper by a Temp Secretary then passsed on to someone to upload on the internet.

I'd like to believe a detailed and remoresful written apology has been sent to the Nigerian Govt.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
As per the Sony ad, i'm not impressed either - not by Sony, and not by Nigerians!!

I dont't recall reading about any protests by Nigerians in front of Sony office here in Nigeria or abroad condemning the act - like how citizens of countries we are so quick to use as examples would've done- haba, at least 1 placard-carrying Nigerian in the whole world nah - only on the internet - where we're all faceless - hmmmm! I wonder why,

Instead we've all converged on the World Wide Web - our favourite spot by the way, further legitimizing global opinion about us, - ranting and asking THE GOVERNMENT to please handle this ISSUE!!

N-A-I-J-A!!!
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by ubine(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2009
KUDUS to Dora the minister of Information
Am impress they apologiesed

robies People
shey na only Ninja Bad? Even America still dey see thier own wahala
people dey think of solution them dey bring insult nonsense people
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by gaby(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
marissa:

@ Faakay

And lets stop blaming the three thousand people in power for the woes of 140 million.

IMHO, you only need to look around to see how the average Nigerian will behave when he gets to Aso Villa. Have you ever studied how traffic jams occur in Nigeria? Usually a driver decides he can shunt a lane, and drives against traffic, then like 50 cars follow him, then voila, we're all shouting and stuck at the same place for hours when we could've been done in minutes, that's 1.

2. I have watched several Network News clips where the reporter interviews a flood victim, who has constructed his house on top of drainage, and he's complaining that see o, Govt has not come to his aid. The same show interviews Nigerians living in filth - not industrial filth o, but human shit and pure water bags strewn acroos their door fronts and the guy is lamenting - the Govt should try and look into this 'issue' - i.e. to clean up his shit!

3. Last years Hajj pilgrimage - hear this - a friend arrived Mecca early from another Country for the pilgrimage and joined the immigration queue for clearance It was quite long but moving and everyone was in line. Lo and behold, naija plane lands, Nigerians disembark and PRONTO, they are yelling at the top of their voices - we cannot follow this line o, ah! - believe me they ALL went or rather shunted STRAIGHT to the front and wrecked a good procedure - DISGRACEFUL.

4.We always complain about how much Local Govt Chairmen are earning - is there anything in the Constitution that prevents us from contesting? seeing as we are the wiser ones who know the solution to Nigeria's problems!! the Nigerian O-bla-bla-bla-ma's

5. We always want to hold Govt accountable - for what? Boo Hoo too much money goes down the drain on useless Govt projects! How about the trllions we throw away on useless projects? Can we even quantify how much we give foreign countries in terms of legal visa fees, illegal visa bribes, plane ticket bills for summer holidays et al?

Talk talk talk - Naija is bad,  it is Nigerians that are bad - very very terrible - bad maouth and all, and it follows us every where!!!

How many people can go to a bank for a simple transaction and not take a short cut once they 'know somebody'? corruption!

How many of us can joina fuel queue when we 'know' one of the attendants - or know N500 can help us 'shunt'? corruption!

What is the basic definition of 'sharp guy' in Nigeria? and is it not the basic trait every Nigerian aspires to? Abeg!!

As it was rightly said by Winston Churchill, the strongest argument AGAINST Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the voter. That is there o, in Naija, how many of you actually vote?

Puh-leeze!!!

@Marissa

Love your post, very thought provoking and straight to the point.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by TheSeeker(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
MUZBO:

I'm a scammer, come and contain me nau. Rubbish!!, so you haven't figured out that the problem of this country is bad leadership. People like you will still vote PDP in 2011.
Don't mind them. Scammer this scammer that, but those shameless leaders are tripping our money abroad. Aren't these white men seeing them? Aren't they the recipients of these monies?
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Ben13: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
This shouldn't be the end
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
marissa:

@ Faakay

IMHO, you only need to look around to see how the average Nigerian will behave when he gets to Aso Villa. Have you ever studied how traffic jams occur in Nigeria? Usually a driver decides he can shunt a lane, and drives against traffic, then like 50 cars follow him, then voila  grin  cheesy, we're all shouting and stuck at the same place for hours when we could've been done in minutes, that's 1.   grin    grin    grin

2. I have watched several Network News clips where the reporter interviews a flood victim, who has constructed his house on top of drainage, and he's complaining that see o, Govt has not come to his aid. The same show interviews Nigerians living in filth - not industrial filth o, but human shit and pure water bags strewn acroos their door fronts and the guy is lamenting - the Govt should try and look into this 'issue' - i.e. to clean up his shit!   grin   grin    grin    grin

Talk talk talk - Naija is bad,  it is Nigerians that are bad - very very terrible - bad maouth and all, and it follows us every where!!!

Puh-leeze!!!  grin

Yeah you are right,  Sounds funny and that so true  grin   grin   grin   cheesy    cheesy

But all I'm trying to say above is we need the government to provide the basic amenities for his people.

Let the government do that and let's see if corruption in Nigeria will be increased or decreased.

Thou majority of we Nigerians are corrupt, you might come into the system not been corrupt, but if care is not taken you might be infected with the virus grin

Cos you trying to act like a good one will be regarded as a fool grin. That is just the way the system is, embarassed

God help Nigeria my country cool
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by TheSeeker(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
marissa:

@ Faakay

Puh-leeze!!!

And in your opinion this is what a good country should entail? Asinine thoughts is what you have up there. Before all these things started happening, what was Nigeria like? What were Nigerians like? When two US Dollars was exchanged for one Naira, how many Nigerians were trooping to leave the country? I guess you're looking from the country the decade you were born and not from when it started being in existence.

Nigeria on their home soil are known to have been involved in some kind of misconduct, and that has been portrayed a lot of times outside Nigerian shores. Why do you think there's the saying, "Charity begins at home,"? I'll state my views to counter your points.

[Quote]IMHO, you only need to look around to see how the average Nigerian will behave when he gets to Aso Villa. Have you ever studied how traffic jams occur in Nigeria? Usually a driver decides he can shunt a lane, and drives against traffic, then like 50 cars follow him, then voila, we're all shouting and stuck at the same place for hours when we could've been done in minutes, that's 1.[/Quote]

Traffic jams occur in Nigeria and people have somewhere to go, then they boycott the long line and want to use an alternative lane. What gave room to that? Isn't it bad roads? Should my father be responsible for the bad roads? Isn't that the fault of the government? Shouldn't they be the one to worry about that? OK, let's assume there are bad roads which channels motorists to take alternatives routes; why aren't there harsh punishments for those who violates such rules? Where are the road authorities? When they catch these people what do they do with them? They take bribe from them and let them go. Is that supposed to be Nigerians' fault? Now, everyone on that line will have the mentality that if they have enough money they can have their way or sometimes be lucky and they are overlooked.

Since when Lagos introduced LASTMA, how many people have you seen violate the law? Since no more crossing the road, use crossover rail, how many people have you seen cross the roads without using the rails? The government acts first and citizens follow. In these countries you're mentioning, government acts, the citizens respond. But in Nigeria, when citizens respond in a positive way, government takes them for a fool and you expect them to not improvise? Think again!

[Quote]2. I have watched several Network News clips where the reporter interviews a flood victim, who has constructed his house on top of drainage, and he's complaining that see o, Govt has not come to his aid. The same show interviews Nigerians living in filth - not industrial filth o, but human shit and pure water bags strewn acroos their door fronts and the guy is lamenting - the Govt should try and look into this 'issue' - i.e. to clean up his shit![/Quote]

What happened to government providing housing schemes? What happened to the health sector of the government? Flood victims simply are living where they are because they had no choice. Why doesn't the government do something about them  or at least help them before we start to say negative things about them? Is it anyone's wish to live in filth? Who's wish is it to live in a flood-prone area? Simply because you have a choice to live in a better place doesn't mean everyone has it. I'm sick of some shortsighted-thinking people making comments that aren't balanced. Do you know how much land is sold in Nigeria? How many people can afford to build houses? How much does an average Nigerian make daily? How much does an average Nigerian have to spend, at the minimum daily? Again, your comments lack substance.

[Quote]3. Last years Hajj pilgrimage - hear this - a friend arrived Mecca early from another Country for the pilgrimage and joined the immigration queue for clearance It was quite long but moving and everyone was in line. Lo and behold, naija plane lands, Nigerians disembark and PRONTO, they are yelling at the top of their voices - we cannot follow this line o, ah! - believe me they ALL went or rather shunted STRAIGHT to the front and wrecked a good procedure - DISGRACEFUL.[/Quote]

Charity they say, begins at home. In Nigeria when you wait on long queues what happens? You see people bringing in their own people or the authorities at such places placing premium on who gets attention faster and charging fees. In that case, you see people buying their way through, others resort to disrupting it, and if you protest, you lose your opportunity to get a chance to get tended to as to what regards you've been on that long line for. At universities, you see lecturers sneaking in their girlfriends or potential girlfriends. Now what?! These people may not have been outside the country, probably that was their first time and I suspect since it was Hajj, they might feel the line is too rigorous to wait on after a very long flight and from the way it's been here, Nigerians aren't that patient and used to long lines. Some people can collapse on that long queue. It's not like before you're issued a Saudi visa you have to go to the gym and workout. Be specific and have a concrete point. Do Nigerians in other countries do the same? Come on!

[Quote]4.We always complain about how much Local Govt Chairmen are earning - is there anything in the Constitution that prevents us from contesting? seeing as we are the wiser ones who know the solution to Nigeria's problems!! the Nigerian O-bla-bla-bla-ma's[/Quote]

Where were you when some people protested and thrown in jail? Do you know how many times Late Gani Fawehinmi (May his soul rest in peace) was detained despite his prowess in the legal field? But for the fact he was a popular figure, he may have been killed. What's the responsibility of the police? To protect people, right? Who owns them? The society but in Nigeria, the head of the government does. . . you sincerely want to tell me that you'll protest and get thrown in jail and people will stand to that? Please spare me all that sanctimony. Personally, can you tell your brother to protest and get shot my some trigger-happy policemen? How many times have you protested? Can you risk losing your life for the love of the country when in fact, the people will turn around and blame you for being stupid? People will say you're stupid after you're dead trying to protest. I told someone a while back I was going to start writing protest articles in newspapers and the newspaper companies I contacted turned me down because they said I was too young to die. Imagine that! When I heard the word 'die' you think I'd go on, for what? I didn't even have the support of the media. . . so what?

[Quote]5. We always want to hold Govt accountable - for what? Boo Hoo too much money goes down the drain on useless Govt projects! How about the trllions we throw away on useless projects? Can we even quantify how much we give foreign countries in terms of legal visa fees, illegal visa bribes, plane ticket bills for summer holidays et al?[/Quote]

You're not making sense at all.  Visa fees to where? Can't Nigerians study abroad anymore when the state of education in Nigeria is so bad that we can't be compared with other students from advanced countries? What's bad in the fact that I want to go on holidays to England, US, Australia, South Africa, or wherever I choose to? What's wrong in going to another country to work when there's no job and financial security in Nigeria? Is that my fault? Am I to tell the government what to do? Don't Americans, Britons, Europeans, Arabs, Asians go on holidays to other countries en masse?

Next time be constructive enough. Your comments are just blind.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by theviper1: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
the truh of the matter is that some of us are so stupid and village minded that they dont really know what they are talking about.the sony appology is about international relationship and not providing lights and roads 4 u.u shoul have asked why the govt did not regiser a protest with sony corps or why we nigerians did not protest with the ban of sony products into nigeria till they offer us very satisfactory appology.common folks,the fact that u register with nl and can type on a comp.keyboard doesnt mean that u can think. now lets looks at facts.in other countries, when contractors are given road contracts to do 4 their pple,they do it well.in nigeria,the contractor will drop sands on a very bad road,cash the cheque and go ahead and buy cars,wives and houses.are the contractors govt,how many of us have reported such pple to the govt 4 prosecution? we cant do that cos we also wants to behave like them and doesnt want nobody pokenosing into our business. why cant we initiate efforts on our own and see what the govt can do.as for the talks of scams,is that the biggest ill in nigeria? what of the individual white folks and banks that help store and shelter our looters and still sheltering them,arent the the big scammers? plz lets face other things and leave that area. for those of us who doesnt know how diabolic the white man can be,all i can say to u is SORRY. keep being deceived.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by floriana(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pls, pls, pls. This is not an apology. It is just an announcement on sony playstation website. Do you think any country or foreign company takes us seriously to offer us an apology for the 419's in our midst. Please read the statement again and you will come to the conclusion that Sony corporation is just patronizing us.

Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Basildon1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
marissa:

I dont't recall reading about any protests by Nigerians in front of Sony office here in Nigeria or abroad condemning the act - like how citizens of countries we are so quick to use as examples would've done- haba, at least 1 placard-carrying Nigerian in the whole world
Instead we've all converged on the World Wide Web - our favourite spot by the way, further legitimizing global opinion about us, - ranting and asking THE GOVERNMENT to please handle this ISSUE!!
N-A-I-J-A!!!
This quote plus your previous quote all boils down to nothing really, TALK IS CHEAP! If you can,please paste your picture of you carrying a palcard and fighting against one of the ills of our society.

I think it's unfair to expect people who have a had time surviving and more importantly never imbibed the doctrine of fighting for rights to adopt the culture of other such countries (that are hardly ever third world countries). I am just being a realist here that hates the condemning undertone or your wordings. What do you think is the definition and purpose of a leader? An unruly system breeds unruly ppl!Humans are the same everywhere - it's only the system that puts people in check either through faith in the system or by being chastised by the system

Go to London Bridge at 7:45am and tell if the british are different,everyday we keep hearing of an MP who pays for his second mertgage with the taxpayer's money, show me a speed camera not working and i will show 10 cars going over 40mph in a residential
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by osbar67: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
That's it!!!!!no other org will do that next time without thinking twice.

@theseeker,you have just decided that you won't beleive any good thing will ever happen in this country,you should'nt be too persimstic about naija like that now,it's not fair.Just beleive and we will get there one day.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Basildon1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ The SEEKER, God bless you for that reply, I constructed something similar where i picked on all the silly points stated but lost it while trying to hide my nairaland page behind an excel sheet at work
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by theviper1: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
@the seeker, u really was seeking to make a mockery of urself with that long  and baseless counter.u dint make one bit of a sense. @marissa was very constructive in her approach,bt u just choose to counter her by writing that.u said that u wanted to do writeups for a newspaper and never got the backing of the media? i just wonder which media house in their right frame of mind will accept to publish such senseless jargon. are we just doing things for doing sake or just to show that we are better? one example is the hajj stuff,u said that they thought that it was Nigeria where favouritism pays? and in "ur very good opinion",ignorance of the law has become an excuse? so why didnt they load bags of hard drugs into Jeddah and assume that they will bribe their ways through? look 4 jobs in others sector pls cos the media aint 4 u.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
Basildon1:

Humans are the same everywhere - it's only the system that puts people in check either through faith in the system or by being chastised by the system

[size=15pt]MAIN POINT!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
I guess the reason why we've not exploded is that we have enough humour to look ourselves in the face and still smile, thank God for that. Or maybe we all hope to someday be part of the chosen three thousand - afterall, almost every big politician out there has a story of how he sold bread or akara as a child, or how he polished shoes - so its the average Nigerian that has actually been ruling us all the while.

We all will get our chance to make this country a better place, whether its in the fuel queue or in the National Assembly, I just pray at that moment each of us can do the right thing instead of blaming the person who was there before us, amen o! Like it or not, its in our hands

@faakay
Lets not just hope for amenities, lets pray seriously that amenities installed on Monday will not disappear into thin air by Wednesday morning, lol!!
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by ogahimself(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
i don't understand what the issue is it is not like we are being falsely accused or wrongly generalized undecided
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by chisco: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
Y'all should stop feelin' delirious. Go and check the new SONY produced film 'District 9' and see how determined they are to make Nigeria a reference point for all that is negative and filthy!
Instead of seeking meaningless apologies our leaders should rather concentrate on providing quality leadership instead of whining and moaning
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by sley4life(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
Y are they apologizing after denting the image of the country
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by TheSeeker(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
the viper:

@the seeker, u really was seeking to make a mockery of urself with that long  and baseless counter.u dint make one bit of a sense. @marissa was very constructive in her approach,bt u just choose to counter her by writing that.u said that u wanted to do writeups for a newspaper and never got the backing of the media? i just wonder which media house in their right frame of mind will accept to publish such senseless jargon. are we just doing things for doing sake or just to show that we are better? one example is the hajj stuff,u said that they thought that it was Nigeria where favouritism pays? and in "your very good opinion",ignorance of the law has become an excuse? so why didnt they load bags of hard drugs into Jeddah and assume that they will bribe their ways through? look 4 jobs in others sector pls cos the media aint 4 u.
Shut that cavity before I make you bolt down some common sense. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse and who told you Nigerians don't know what law is all about? In your own opinion, followers come first and leaders follow? Stop trying to portray how ignorant you are about common issues. Your marissa is busy making sense from stating unbalanced facts and tell me which of part of my comment doesn't make sense.

Yes, it's good to do things for the betterment of the country and not for the sake of it, but you'll consider doing that all alone? Who helps you? Who supports you? Who shoots you high in the sky? Who makes it possible? The media has been bought, which I'm sure you well know despite your preposterous ignorance, so who else do you depend on? The police, and what's happened to the police? Bought! And from there who else do you count on? The judiciary and when was the last time you heard a fair judgment in Nigeria? You're not being realistic to yourself by living your life off in the books you're reading.

Look at Iran for example, people protested there. They were being mistreated, killed, maimed but they kept the struggle on. The world supported them. They warranted the attention and human right organizations spoke out largely against it. Now that's where I can protest. I know I have some backing. Do you have that setting in Nigeria? How many functioning human rights organizations do you have in Nigeria? How many human rights activists do you have? How many people do you know are jailed, remanded and posed to mistreatment under poor judicial functions? And you're sat there comfortably in your chair telling me I sound stupid when obviously you're wallowing in it and being proud of it.

In your own books, and the way you were taught in your school (if you went to any at all), you were taught that followers go in the front and leaders follow? What exemplary leadership traits have the government laid down for the citizenry to follow? Tell me one. What do you expect of citizens who have been maltreated, behave normal and constitutionally? Where's the constitution? What's it called? Who are the upholders? Keep living your life in the books I say.

In United States, I can decide to join the police and fight criminals without shady doubts. I can go to any length to do whatever it takes to protect the country but will I do the same in Nigeria? No! Why?! If a policeman dies in the line of duty, how many of their families have received better packages from the government? How many? What have the families of slain soldiers who fought for this country benefited from the government? And you expect them to raise a child and let him/her protest for Nigeria when their father's effort was never crowned? Again, I say, shut up that mouth and watch before you talk.

People go on to do things when they know they have some backing. There's no moral standard in Nigeria because the leaders never left any. Why does a local government chairman's child get admission into the university over a more brilliant student, with poor results? Brilliant students fail exams and sme have their sheets sold to rich kids who can have them bought by their parents and you expect morals?

I wrote my exam one time and I was sitting next to a senator's son. He didn't write anything all throughout the exam period and he passed. How did he do that? And then you tell me others won't resort to cheating in exams when they have tried with their mental ability and they have failed? And when some have had their results sold by the exam body? This is being human and not reading some books about how humans should behave.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MUZBO(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by jidobaba(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
Basildon1:

@ The SEEKER, God bless you for that reply, I constructed something similar where i picked on all the silly points stated but lost it while trying to hide my nairaland page behind an excel sheet at work
maybe ur not 'sharp' enuff, according to marissa grin. all my boss ever sees is an excel sheet
all in all, i am afraid that until we picket the gates of Aso rock and the National Assembly real, positive change may be a long time coming. sure, a couple of us may be shot but their blood shall feed the revolution
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by rafcrown(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
SONY
APOLOGY UNACCEPTED BY ALL NIGERIANS
WHY DID U ALLOW THE ADVERT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE?
WHY CANT U USE JAPAN AS AN EXAMPLE?
YOUR APLOLOGY IS LIKE CAMPAIGN AFTER ELECTION
HAVE U ACHIEVED WHAT U INTENDED TO ACHIEVE?
YOU DID NOT EVEN SHOW SUFFICIENT REMORSE IN THE APOLOGY
ITS HEREBY REJECTED AND A FURTHER INSULT
YOU MAY GO TO CNN AND BBC ETC TO FULLY AND FORMALLY APOLOGIZE IN A SERIOUS MANNER
THE WHOLE WORLD IS TALKING ABOUT 419 AND NIGERIA .Racism is the greatest evil in the world and in heaven.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by MUZBO(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
@marissa, I disagree with almost all you said in that your elaborate post. I will blame the government 4 d actions of its citizenry. In countries where the law is the law u can't openly flaunt rules and expect a smooth sail. On a trip to Ghana a few years ago, I took a cab with a pal(Naija boy studying @ UG) and got in 2 mild traffic jam; but all cars were in a straight line. I was about to tell d driver to turn & take d wide space on our right when my friend said: "if na Naija we 4 don tell the driver make hin take this right but if the car in front of him is still workin he dares not". I immediately shut my mouth. I didn't need anyone 2 tell me that if you jump a queue the law will clamp u. Here in Naija u can take a one-way or even reverse on an expressway; but when Fashola came you hardly see that because the law works better now. A good government will put sanity into its insane masses if it makes the law work. We are the way we are because we've been used to doing the wrong things for a long time but a good responsive system can change us. If I build my house on a canal and Govt charges me 2 court, makes me pay a fine & do time in jail will you go my way?
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by TheSeeker(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
MUZBO:

@marrisa, I disagree with almost all you said in that your elaborate post. I will blame the government for the actions of its citizenry. In countries where the law is the law you can openly flaunt rules and expect a smooth sail. On a trip to Ghana a few years ago, I took a cab with a pal(Naija boy studying @ UG) and got in 2 mild traffic jam; but all cars were in a straight line. I was about to tell d driver to turn and take the wide space on our right when my friend said: "if na Naija we 4 don tell the driver make hin take this right but if the car in front of him is still working he dares not". I immediately shut my mouth. I didn't need anyone to tell me that if you jump a queue the law will clamp you. Here in Naija you can take a one-way or even reverse on an expressway; but when Fashola came you hardly see that because the law works better now. A good government will put sanity into its insane masses if it makes the law work. We are the way we are because we've been used to doing the wrong things for a long time but a good responsive system can change us. If I build my house on a canal and Govt charges me to court, makes me pay a fine and do time in jail will you go my way?
Thank you. Finally I see someone with some level of intelligence. Don't mind them. They expect my mother to go and make the law and still stand by it. The government should make laws, follow them first, and I will do the same. That's how the mind works, that's the rule of law.

Let's see a chairman's son thrown in jail for doing wrong and see if anyone will go down that lane ever again. I'm sick of these hypocrites or do I say gullible people who think they have some sense up there when it's totally empty.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by theviper1: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
@the seeker, now from ur writeup,i can see clearly how myopic and stupid u are, and again i said that the newspaper outfit was right in not accepting u. so in all,whom do u blame,the govt or the masses? in Iran that u quoted as a case study,were pple thinking selfishly like in nija? in nija,we are cowards and selfish.the government cant kill everyone at the same time and they can neither put us all in prison.we fail cos we have fathers,brothers family members who benefit from the govt purse and we are afraid of going there to spoil where we gain from.i know that u have a very tiny mind and brain,bt u also have the chance to improve on them.i dont know where u have been to or what u do,bt one more example from ur history book.in the US where u just quoted,do u really know what ex-service men go through,how many of them that live on the streets,how many of them that have taken their lives cos the govt abandoned them,have u seen or read (cos i know that u havent been) to where injured us service men are kept? common pussy,u just sit on ur comp.console and think that u know the world? there is corruption everyhere on planet earth. america hide most of their evils cos there are no pple like u there,rather they are here and living in fantasy.do we really have to be forced to do the right thing? are we not humans? all over the world,we are know for many unruly acts,and u want to blame the govt for ur lack of self-discipline? is ur brain so rotten? we should start by disciplining our selves 1st and blame the govt later.if u do the right thing,u will know it within u.why do u think that G.Washington asked the americans not to ask 4 what the state will do 4 them rather let them ask 4 what they will do for the state, cos america is so rosy? let us change our collective jungle mentality.and u mrs seeker,grow up child.  SHALOM.
Re: Playstation 3 Ad: Sony Apologises to Nigerians by iammodel(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
when things get dirty, you need to get dirty to clean them up.
we can't just expect everything to change ones.
at least, the ad has been withdrew and apology tendered.
better right steps to take.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need Ul.cfg File For Ps2 / Gaming Habits You Should Seriously Avoid / My Wicked Dribble On PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.