Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Thanks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thanks (1067 Views)

Zimbabwean Married Woman Thanks Wrong Man For ‘Hot Sex’ / thanks / Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks by Scaredwife: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Thank you all for the advice. I am grateful
Re: Thanks by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Why do you sound so reluctant to pull this deal with your hubby? It shows that you don't trust him a 100% and there's some element of doubt in you.
One thing I'll tell you is to follow your instincts, because instincts hardly lie. And again, a woman's intuition is usually very accurate. My dear, put love aside for now and do what your heart tells you.

4 Likes

Re: Thanks by sholatech(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Except you are not legitimately married, then it is very right to buy land together. You both will own it legally! You cab even have the land titles to reflect Mr and Mrs Xyz or register a company with only you two as directors for buying the land
Re: Thanks by taryour(f): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
if you truly love and trust your husband, you wunt be asking this question.

if you are going to do it, do it because you love and trust him.
some other men buy and build in both husband and wife name WITHOUT the wife adding a dime ( what will you say about that? )

the choice is yours madam. at the long run it is your home and your husband so the answer ls right in your heart. Best of luck.
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
smiley
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
smiley
Re: Thanks by Nursy(f): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
I guess you know the man you got married to better than us here so you should know what's best. personally, I can give all my savings since its a family affair. Trust should be the foundation .
Re: Thanks by lynnfeb(f): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Follow your instincts. If you must buy then let it be clearly written in both names.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by MsBliss(f): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
Follow your instinct dear. Most times, they never lie or deceive us.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by sholatech(m): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
Scaredwife:

Ok. How about buying in the name of a child? Does that make sense? Does it have any kind of implications?

I don't really like the Mr & Mrs lagbaja thing since any body can be Mrs Lagbaja.

In processing land titles in major cities, ID cards and/or Tax IDS of the owners are required. For a child, this will be a challenge. You can you hubby should have your IDS tied to the processed land titles
Re: Thanks by jossy26: 1:53am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Thanks by jossy26: 1:55am On Jul 10, 2016
op, since you are so scared of doing this to the extent that you brought it to a public forum, please dont do it, your conscience already told you not to do it no need to come to nairaland for people to help you decipher what you want to do...am afraid for your husband though
Re: Thanks by cococandy(f): 3:46am On Jul 10, 2016
Scaredwife:

Ok. How about buying in the name of a child? Does that make sense? Does it have any kind of implications?

I don't really like the Mr & Mrs lagbaja thing since any body can be Mrs Lagbaja.
It should reflect Mr. A and Mrs. B Labgaja.

Your first name must be there. You can't buy joint property with a man in a country where polygamy is legal without making sure your first name is on the title too.
Re: Thanks by jossy26: 4:57am On Jul 10, 2016
cococandy:

It should reflect Mr. A and Mrs. B Labgaja.

Your first name must be there. You can't buy joint property with a man in a country where polygamy is legal without making sure your first name is on the title too.
are you sure about the bolded,
Re: Thanks by HaneefahRN(f): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmm. For you to be this worried you probably don't really trust him. I don't know what to advice lipsrsealed
Re: Thanks by blessedqueen(f): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2016
jossy26:

are you sure about the bolded,

Yes... her first name must be there it can't just be Mr &Mrs any1 can be Mr & Mrs. @ madam scared except u think u can't trust ur husband den just don't do it save d money to buy urs but den later in d future he might start dis attitude saying how much did u contribute in dis building? So pls ma I think u should weigh it well it's really a hard decision to make.
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 6:43am On Jul 10, 2016
jossy26:

@op, since you are so scared of doing this to the extent that you brought it to a public forum, please dont do it, your conscience already told you not to do it no need to come to nairaland for people to help you decipher what you want to do...am afraid for your husband though
Thanks for your advice sir.
Can you pls unquote me? Thanks smiley
Re: Thanks by speciallymade(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2016
Why marrying someone you know you don't trust enough with your money? If you truly love someone you trust them, something that after buying it will have both your names and you can involve a lawyer, get necessary documents....but since your instinct is telling you your husband will mess up later don't do it
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 6:50am On Jul 10, 2016
smiley
Re: Thanks by Winneygirl(f): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2016
Her worries also include the fact that it is costing all her savings and the cost of the land is in millions.

Dont rush please.
If you feel that pulling all your savings to buy a piece of land is not wise, you both should take a step back.
I don't know your location.
But that amount can buy you 2 ,3 plots of land in another location. Just my thought.
There is no rush when it comes to spending all your savings. Economy strong abeg!
Re: Thanks by KevinDein: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Scaredwife:
@blessedqueen Very hard decision cry. Thanks ma
I am glad you can relate to this predicament. I really wish i was not having second thoughts. I'm kind of fighting it but i just can't help it cry cry :'
Well since you both have the cash, why don't you buy your own while he buys his. That way your investment is perfectly safe and your husband on the other hand gets to know exactly the type of wife he has at home.
Every one wins wink
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2016
kiss
Re: Thanks by Eketem: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2016
I don't understand how women will marry men and have unprotected se-x with them yet start fidgeting when it comes to money.

Like others have said put both your names on the document.

In my case I actually don't even feel confident making investments alone I always do so with my husband because he is more business suave
Re: Thanks by Scaredwife: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2016
@jossy26 pls kindly unquote me. I plead with you

Thanks and God bless
Re: Thanks by byvan03: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2016
If you have never had any reason to doubt his loyalty, why start now? If you think he is unreliable, please invest alone to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Thanks by mostyg(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
Your decision depends on your understanding of property ownership. Does your husband believe in joint ownership.? How would he feel if you buy the property in your own name alone?

Have you ever had any discussion on this issue in the past?

Did your husband invest in your business in one way or the other ( advise, cash, monitoring, holding brief for you when gone out for business etc) for it to have strived?if yes he deserves to have his name in the document

I strongly believe that each person could own his/ her own property. I already had this understanding with my wife as far as properties ownership is concerned.
Whatever she acquires is hers my job is to guide and advise her whereas I decide who owns things i acquire. We neither do joint account nor joint property ownership.

My reasons arent far fetched. No one knows tomorrow. If things remain the way it is nobody losses and if otherwise nobody losses too..

As a potential polygamist, it is in the interest of the women.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by cococandy(f): 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
For people that live in Nigeria where the law of community property doesn't exist between married couples, love is not enough.
He may not change but situations may change. Anything can happen. So they are wise to be worried.

Haven't you heard of a man's family coming together to marry a wife for him in the village meanwhile he's living with his wife in another city.

Eketem:
I don't understand how women will marry men and have unprotected se-x with them yet start fidgeting when it comes to money.

Like others have said put both your names on the document.

In my case I actually don't even feel confident making investments alone I always do so with my husband because he is more business suave
Re: Thanks by blessedqueen(f): 2:19am On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=cococandy post=47400311]For people that live in Nigeria where the law of community property doesn't exist between married couples, love is not enough.
He may not change but situations may change. Anything can happen. So they are wise to be worried.

Haven't you heard of a man's family coming together to marry a wife for him in the village meanwhile he's living with his wife in another city.

U are so on point

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Most Common Bad Behaviours / Is Proper For Married Woman To Go Out Without Pant.. / Pictures Church Goers Can Relate To [hilarious]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.