Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) (1609 Views)

4 Tips To Consider When Looking For An Authentic Job Online / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / 6 Deadly Mistakes I Made When Looking For SIWES I.T Placement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Nairaland Rule 1 - 22 applies HERE.

Fellow Nigerians, as I sit in my office thinking about how un-Nigerian to make this post...which is incidentally my first I decided to wing it and give as much Information as I can remember.
With the situation at home and the Buharinomics going on….TROLLS BE GONE! Jehovah Bi Bo Gi!
Please feel free to ask any questions and NO I am not a recruiter or Agent.

The following information will be helpful when seeking a job in the land of the blazing sun and expensive vehicles.

1. The Gulf is peopled by a mixture of tribes generally lumped into the category of Arabs... meaning different cultures and traditions.
2. They are predominantly Muslims and follow to some extent, the Sharia justice system except Saudi Arabia whose penal system is the Sharia.
3. They are not as rich as you had dreamed about but have a magnificent social security infrastructure.
4. YES IT IS TRUE...THEIR POLICE ARE THE MOST WELL MAINTAINED IN THE WORLD IN TERMS OF WELFARE AND THEIR POLICE VEHICLES AS THE INTERNET SAYS, ARE REAL.
5. Money does not grow on trees there and they have few very few trees as well.

1. Rule number 1 of getting a job in the Gulf is to get as much international professional qualifications/certifications as you can hustle out. (NISP and their local counterparts will not cut it and engaging in omilan related activities doesn’t count as hustling in this case)
2. Most recruiters have ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) and would not hesitate to use them hence keywords are very important.
3. Salaries vary with Nationality (Europeans viz Westerners –> Eastern Europeans -> Africans -> Asians)***
4. Try not to exaggerate on your CV/Resume as you’ll be trained on certain client based trainings.
5. Remember that for every available job there is an equal 500 Indians with better qualifications who would ask for a lesser pay package than yourself.
6. READ ABOUT YOUR FIELD EVERYDAY….EVERY SINGLE DAY.
7. Most Interviews are conducted over the phone hence make sure you do not run your battery down with Candy Crush. grin
8. The most paying jobs are not in the oil and gas Sectors but in Construction and Hospitality. (keep all yimus where they belong)
9. The region is rapidly implementing stringent local content laws (Omanisation, Qatarisation etc.) so do not be surprised if the individual you are reporting to is 21 years old and earns more than you and knows nothing about how to fix a light bulb.
10. Managers earn between 2500 – 12000$/M (maka Chukwu) and that is defined as anyone with 5-25 years of working experience.
11. Dem fit put Onyeocha under you as well so no fall our hand.
12. Avoid every and all forms of Employment Agencies and apply to those companies yourself.
13. No employer will ask you to pay for flight and visa orishirishi as they would handle such themselves.
14. For the owambe people, there are clubs and pubs…YES THEY DO, but abstinence is a better option.
15. A JO DA BILE
16. Most employment opportunities are for 2 years duration with options to renegotiate the terms of employment when your contract is due i.e. so you will not PORT to another company.
17. The average Arab values loyalty and will not be happy if you PORT to a competitor.
18. Google is your friend and you should not be ashamed to ask it anything.
19. The lucky ones will get a rotational job, 28X14 28X28 others will get 365X28 it all depends on the terms of the contract.
20. Some employers provide feeding, transportation and accommodation, medical insurance to their employees and it should be stated clearly on the Offer letter (This is required by the Labour law)
21. There are a lot of sites with jobs in the Gulf region these include.
Bayt
Gulftalent (this is where I got mine)
Naukrigulf
Vacanciesingulf
Monstergulf
Careerjet.ae
Linkedin
Facebook
Oilandgasjobsearch
Rigzone
OLX Arabia
Avoid JobsinDubai (Big SCAM – My opinion)

22. The career sections of all websites ending with .ae, .om, .qa, .sa etc
23. If you do get a job start looking for way to make a second income (Please flee from ALL appearances of evil, SANKO is guaranteed – Drug related evils nah straight to KPAIMA!)
24. THEY LOVE NIGERIAN MUSIC LIKE CRAZE!!!
25. They work from Sunday to Thursday.
26. THEY ARE 3HRS AHEAD SO NO FEAR WHEN STRANGE NUMBER DEY CALL YOU FOR EARLY MORMOR
27. Your class of Degree doesn't matter but Diploma holders (All forms of Diploma - HND, OND, ID etc) get discriminated on...a Degree is a desirable option

Well fellow Nigerians I hope this information will be helpful when you seek for browner pastures in the Middle East, Happy Sunday and God bless.

4 Likes

Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by azelab: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2016
thanks for the word of advice, God will assist you more. please can one apply without international passport.
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2016
A scanned copy of your International Passport will be needed to process your Visa.
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by anaton(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2016
Bros which of the sites offer jobs for non engineers and technical people?
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2016
anaton:
Bros which of the sites offer jobs for non engineers and technical people?
All the sites except Rigzone and Oilandgasjobsearch
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by anaton(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2016
WilliamXi:

All the sites except Rigzone and Oilandgasjobsearch

Thanks
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
anaton:

Thanks

Don't mention grin
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by desertboom(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bro, Does a safety officer with NEBOSH and a Nigerian degree stand a chance there? Could you be kind to state the pay range on a monthly basis. Thanks
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by khaynoni(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
gulftalent(this is where I got mine.

Did you apply from Nigeria or when you got there?
Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Ceejay111: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
[quote]Nairaland Rule 1 - 22 applies HERE.

Fellow Nigerians, as I sit in my office thinking about how un-Nigerian to make this post...which is incidentally my first I decided to wing it and give as much Information as I can remember.
With the situation at home and the Buharinomics going on….TROLLS BE GONE! Jehovah Bi Bo Gi!
Please feel free to ask any questions and NO I am not a recruiter or Agent.

The following information will be helpful when seeking a job in the land of the blazing sun and expensive vehicles.

1. The Gulf is peopled by a mixture of tribes generally lumped into the category of Arabs... meaning different cultures and traditions.
2. They are predominantly Muslims and follow to some extent, the Sharia justice system except Saudi Arabia whose penal system is the Sharia.
3. They are not as rich as you had dreamed about but have a magnificent social security infrastructure.
4. YES IT IS TRUE...THEIR POLICE ARE THE MOST WELL MAINTAINED IN THE WORLD IN TERMS OF WELFARE AND THEIR POLICE VEHICLES AS THE INTERNET SAYS, ARE REAL.
5. Money does not grow on trees there and they have few very few trees as well.

1. Rule number 1 of getting a job in the Gulf is to get as much international professional qualifications/certifications as you can hustle out. (NISP and their local counterparts will not cut it and engaging in omilan related activities doesn’t count as hustling in this case)
2. Most recruiters have ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) and would not hesitate to use them hence keywords are very important.
3. Salaries vary with Nationality (Europeans viz Westerners –> Eastern Europeans -> Africans -> Asians)***
4. Try not to exaggerate on your CV/Resume as you’ll be trained on certain client based trainings.
5. Remember that for every available job there is an equal 500 Indians with better qualifications who would ask for a lesser pay package than yourself.
6. READ ABOUT YOUR FIELD EVERYDAY….EVERY SINGLE DAY.
7. Most Interviews are conducted over the phone hence make sure you do not run your battery down with Candy Crush. grin
8. The most paying jobs are not in the oil and gas Sectors but in Construction and Hospitality. (keep all yimus where they belong)
9. The region is rapidly implementing stringent local content laws (Omanisation, Qatarisation etc.) so do not be surprised if the individual you are reporting to is 21 years old and earns more than you and knows nothing about how to fix a light bulb.
10. Managers earn between 2500 – 12000$/M (maka Chukwu) and that is defined as anyone with 5-25 years of working experience.
11. Dem fit put Onyeocha under you as well so no fall our hand.
12. Avoid every and all forms of Employment Agencies and apply to those companies yourself.
13. No employer will ask you to pay for flight and visa orishirishi as they would handle such themselves.
14. For the owambe people, there are clubs and pubs…YES THEY DO, but abstinence is a better option.
15. A JO DA BILE
16. Most employment opportunities are for 2 years duration with options to renegotiate the terms of employment when your contract is due i.e. so you will not PORT to another company.
17. The average Arab values loyalty and will not be happy if you PORT to a competitor.
18. Google is your friend and you should not be ashamed to ask it anything.
19. The lucky ones will get a rotational job, 28X14 28X28 others will get 365X28 it all depends on the terms of the contract.
20. Some employers provide feeding, transportation and accommodation, medical insurance to their employees and it should be stated clearly on the Offer letter (This is required by the Labour law)
21. There are a lot of sites with jobs in the Gulf region these include.
Bayt
Gulftalent (this is where I got mine)
Naukrigulf
Vacanciesingulf
Monstergulf
Careerjet.ae
Linkedin
Facebook
Oilandgasjobsearch
Rigzone
OLX Arabia
Avoid JobsinDubai (Big SCAM – My opinion)

22. The career sections of all websites ending with .ae, .om, .qa, .sa etc
23. If you do get a job start looking for way to make a second income (Please flee from ALL appearances of evil, SANKO is guaranteed – Drug related evils nah straight to KPAIMA!)
24. THEY LOVE NIGERIAN MUSIC LIKE CRAZE!!!
25. They work from Sunday to Thursday.
26. THEY ARE 3HRS AHEAD SO NO FEAR WHEN STRANGE NUMBER DEY CALL YOU FOR EARLY MORMOR
27. Your class of Degree doesn't matter but Diploma holders (All forms of Diploma - HND, OND, ID etc) get discriminated on...a Degree is a desirable option

[b]Well fellow Nigerians I hope this information will be helpful when you seek for browner pastures in the Middle East, Happy Sunday and God bless.

I hv been applying for jobs and yet to get any response, can I get ur contact so we can discuss better on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: What To Remember When Looking For A Job In The Middle East. (GULF REGION) by Ceejay111: 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
[

The Gulf is peopled by a mixture of tribes generally lumped into the category of Arabs... meaning different cultures and traditions.

Avoid every and all forms of Employment Agencies and apply to those companies yourself.

I hv applied so many on "gulf talent but" am yet to get a response, how do I know which one is employment agency?
Plz can I get ur contact so we can talk on WhatsApp, my number is 08038232459

(1) (Reply)

Perceived Error In FIRS 2016 Job Advert / Urgent ! Vacancy In A School In Ibadan / Fosad Consulting Who Knows Them???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.