Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

The slowpoke And The Epileptic - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The slowpoke And The Epileptic (390 Views)

Book Review: Ufuoma Bakporhe’s Lettars From An slowpoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The slowpoke And The Epileptic by Dindy(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2016
THE slowpoke AND THE EPILEPTIC.EPISODE 1

have you ever wondered about how the world of people who suffer sickness such as imbecility and epilepsy feels like?.have you ever created that imagination of it?.Well if you haven't, I am here to take you on a short ride on how it feels like.although most of you might cry due to your personality,but don't worry because crying is allowed in this story,fasten up your reading belt and get ready for a short journey to a place of inner pain and joy of both the slowpoke and the epileptic....

****STORY SIDE OF THE EPILEPTIC****
Would I say life is more of a shame to me than fun?,people keep talking about how you fell to the ground and how white Substance came out of your mouth,they will blame you as if it was your fault,you can't imagine how hard it is to fall into that situation and be in it for minutes,each time i am about to have the shock everything becomes dark,then my entire body freezes,then i start shaking uncontrollable and I fall to the ground,and when the shock Is over I all way find myself on the floor looking around and kinda lost in a way,sometimes I won't even know that it was the shock that pulled me to the ground until I see the reaction on people's face
sometimes when I fall in public I just remain laying down on the ground (whether the weather is hot or cold) even though I have fully recovered from the shock, I do it because i feel too ashamed to stand up and face people that are around,but sometimes people help me up after i fall,each passing day I always fear of falling to the ground and facing the world with my sickness.i just want to be always locked indoors,the outdoors are more like a prison to me.my only place of rest are indoors,where I can stay and feel nothing.
many would say I am a cured human being due to my sickness,life is not what it feels like to other, to me.if only my mum didn't run and leave me because of my sickness. if only I had a real mother who could help me when I need her the most I won't suffer like I am right now.if only I could see someone to talk to,someone who could understand me and my pains,someone who could look me and my situation and say to me you are the best.if only I didn't have this curse called sickness I would have so many friends.if only people did not reject me(especially girls) because of my illness, life won't be so hard for me..........
(WRITER TALKING) "He sat on the sofa with a face of a man with the world's largest problem.the tv was on but he was not paying attention to it,the tv looks more like a wall that projects inner mind thinking(meaning he saw nothing but his thoughts).still in his thoughts he remember his past again"......
oh!,I remember my old friend Tom,he is the only one that has ever stood by me each time I fall and he always helps me up to my feet and cleans me up.he is more than a friend to me,he is my brother.it has been long since I last saw him.i so much miss him from my heart.he is the only one I can share my pains with.there is no other human like him in my hard life.............................................TO BE CONTINUE.......story by DINDY.....WhatsApp number:07087750433....facebook name:ossy nnamdi
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE WITHOUT TELLING ME

THE slowpoke AND THE EPILEPTIC.EPISODE 2

****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke****
(expressing his inner pain within, to himself, while he stood outside placing his curved left hand on the fence which demarcated his father's house and his neighbor's house) words are hard on my mouth to speak out,look at how my life is,for me to enter public transport is a problem,every one sees me as a useless unfortunate person.my age mate are now in higher institutions,some now have families,some now own cars, but look at my life.each time I go out to go and play or have fun,kids run away from me,even my age mate treat me like I'm some useless cloth.i have tried and tried and tried to make friends with people but no one here likes me,not even my own brothers.they don't even like seeing me around them,they treat me like a dog,like an animal that should live in a place of total filth and disgust.maybe if my mum was around now all this won't be as it is now.each time I try to buy something,the person that will attend to me will always ask me to wait out side the shop,sometimes I feel so bad that I leave the place to go back home and cry.there are times I sit down and look around to know why I was born this way.most times, what keeps running through my brain,soul,spirit and mind, are hurtful words of what people said to me which clipped on hold to my deepest soul and emotions.no one respects my voice,the first and the last time i attended our street meeting,I was abuse by everyone,even the kids around were laughing at me because saliva dropped from my mouth,which i kept on trying to clean off but the more I did it the more it came out.
To me everyday is a disgrace,but I have to carry on with life no matter what.!ah I still remember my old friend Raman.he is the only true brother and friend i have,he keeps me company anytime he is around,he helped me when I needed his help.he was the only person that ever showed me so much love after my mum's death,he was the first person to ever buy me a hanky,something no one has ever done for me.i really miss the way he talks and acts,it has been up to 10 year since I last saw him,I am sure he must have grown up into a rich young man because his dad has alot of companies around.i just wish to meet him one more time.
I don't even know where I could find him,he might have changed so much that I won't recognize him,after years of not talking to him and seeing him.he was a boy that truly knows how to talk to me properly, more than my own dad.Raman said he saw me as his twin because we shared the same pain and rejection in life.well i guess life was meant to be like this for me,I guess I was made to live a lonely life.
I just wonder how my life would have been like if i had money,I am sure that people will want to be my friend, and stella won't had slapped me, like she did yesterday evening when I tried to hug her,but I like the way she slapped me,I enjoyed every moment of the slap,I even went to bed yesterday's night rubbing my right cheek with my right hand, and the feeling of her hand print on my right cheeks was so so much awesome when I felt it,but her hand is really soft.I think its time for me to do other things.
(WRITER TALKING)he got tired of thinking so much and he decided to goto the kitchen to check whether they had remain food for him,but deep down inside him he knew that his brothers were not going to leave even 0.005 kg of food in the pot for him...........................TO BE CONTINUE.....story by DINDY.....WhatsApp number:07087750433....facebook name:ossy nnamdi
Re: The slowpoke And The Epileptic by Dindy(m): 9:14am On Jul 10, 2016
THE slowpoke AND THE EPILEPTIC.EPISODE 3

****STORY SIDE OF THE EPILEPTIC*****
(WRITER TALKING)his thought of his old friend was written all over his face,his dad saw how his face was lightened up,he called his name but due to excessive thinking he gave no responds to his dad,his dad had to stand from where he sat to call his son back to base(reality).
Raman's dad:"son son".he called on him as he stood in front of him.
(WRITER TALKING)Raman jumped back to reality with his facial expression back to normal position.
Raman's dad:"what are you thinking about that made you lost in thoughts,which also made you not to know what is going on around you and it made you smile?".he asked looking at him with a happy face.
Raman:"dad it is nothing too serious".he said trying to wave away his dad question.
Raman's dad:"I don't think so my son" he said placing his left hand on his son's left shoulder.
Raman's dad:"I saw the way you smiled,which I haven't seen since we migrated into this country and i stopped you from going back".he said as he sat down beside his son.
Ramansadbreathes in and out) well dad,since we migrated here no one ever seems to like me or give me much love like my old friend TOM,no one likes to associate with me in any way,even in the company,people don't like to play with me too much,they treat me like some kid,and I am not dad".he said as he turned to face his dad.
Raman's dad: "Who are does people who treat you like that,tell me their names and believe me today will be the end of their jobs,I promise you".he said almost in an angry tone.
Raman:"no dad,you don't get it,what I am Trying to say is that,I wanna go back to find my old friend who truly understands me more than everyone here".he said with a sad face.
Raman's dad:"hmmmm.i have always wanted you to stay happy,I know I have not totally been the best father since your mum left us,but i always try to give you all you want".he said as he turned and faced the floor.
Raman:"I know dad but dad you gave your love more to your work than to me".he said looking at his dad.
Raman's dad:"I never saw that but now I know son,please forgive me".he said looking up and facing his son...........................

(WRITER TALKING)Before he could get to the kitchen his dad called him to talk and encourage him, and to also remind him about what his mum told him before she died.
Tom's dad: "Tom my son please come here and sit,I want to tell you something".he said as he adjusted for tom to sit beside him.
Tom walked up to him and sat beside him.
Tom's dad:"my son I have noticed you have been sad since this few days and I feel bad".he said
Tom said nothing than to clean the saliva which ran out his mouth
Tom's dad:"remember what your mum told you before she left us".he said looking at tom.
Tom's dad:"remember that she told you never to be sad for any reason as she placed her hands on yours before she died".he said as he held tom's left hand with his left hand.
Tom started feeling tears in his soul
Tom's dad:"my son remember you are the one she loved the most more than your brothers and your little sister".he said in a tone which almost made tom cry.
Tom's dad:"I know that your brothers do treat you bad from time to time but please always try not to listen to the hurtful words they say".he said in a deep tone of encouragement.
Tom was already at the bridge of crying but he could not allow tears come down his eyes so he held the tears back.
Tom's dad:" Please son no matter what people say to you or what your brothers do to you,always try to ignore them and be happy.
Tom wanted to voice out but he stopped himself because he knew that if he tried to voice out,he will end up crying,so he kept quite and nodded.
Tom's dad:"ok son,you can now go,and please don't be sad".he said smiling
(WRITER TALKING)Tom left without saying anything,he just matched forward to the kitchen...........................TO BE CONTINUE.....story by DINDY.....WhatsApp number:07087750433....facebook name:ossy nnamdi
Re: The slowpoke And The Epileptic by Dindy(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2016
THE slowpoke AND THE EPILEPTIC.EPISODE 4

****STORY SIDE OF THE EPILEPTIC ****

Raman:"I am sorry too dad for not understanding you".he said looking into his dad's eyes.
(WRITER TALKING) they both hugged for seconds then tears came down Raman's dad eyes which Raman cleaned off with his right hand.
Raman's dad:"thanks son".he said smiling.
Raman:"you are welcome dad"he said smiling.
Raman's dad:"if I don't do the right thing now I will live to hate myself".he said with a serious face.
Raman's dad:"so tell me son, when will you like to go find him?".he asked looking at raman.
Raman:"well dad I would love to go tomorrow but I don't really remember everything about that country and I have forgotten the address where we once leaved,but if I can get the address today then surly I will travel tomorrow". He said.
Raman's dad:"don't worry son I will help you on how to go about everything and I will give you the address of the place we leaved so that you could be able to find your friend".he said in a happy tone
Raman:"thanks alot dad".he said as he stood up with a smile on his face.
Raman's dad:"don't worry about the flight,I will take care of that and I will give you some money to support you,I don't want you to go through any difficulty finding your friend".he said looking at his son who was already standing up.
Raman:"ok dad,thanks alot dad,let me go arrange my bag".he said as he grinned at his dad.
Raman's dad:"ok son,and Raman don't forget to take your drugs and please take them with you as you travel".said his dad.
Raman:"ok dad I won't forget".he said smiling and running off to his room.
(WRITER TALKING)His dad watched him with a smile on his face as Raman ran off, then he went back to continue watching the television.........

*****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke****
(WRITER TALKING) he got to the kitchen to check whether his unfortunate wicked brothers felt food for him.but when he got there and opened the pot,all he could admire and taste was the aroma which smelled in the kitchen.he got very angry then he closed the pot with a hard force which made the pot to scream in pain.
(TOM THOUGHTS)oooooooo,what kind of wicked animals do I have as my brothers,If I didn't know them I swear, I would have killed them a long time ago,what have I even done to deserve their wickedness,it is not as if I am the one that killed mum,or it is because mum loves and support me more, back then when she was alive, that is why they are doing all this to me.I swear I would have done what I did to a boy called Kelvin, who wanted to fight me,because i was talking to his gf,he was surly bigger and stronger than me,but I stood my ground and i set my hands to fight him,when he saw me setting my hand he was just laughing thinking that he could beat me, I surly surprised him when I spat into his mouth which was open while he was laughing.it entered Into him throat.he shouted and ran away from me.they are just lucky they are my brothers if not they would have gotten their own share of my saliva.I don't even know what to do now,I better go explain to dad what they did.
(WRITER TALKING)he got up and left to where his dad sat to tell him what his brother did to him with an open eyes.........
THE NEXT DAY
(WRITE TALKING) he wake up the next day feeling more alive because he knew that he was gonna see his old friend once more.
(RAMAN TALKING TO HIMSELF)today is such a nice day,I better go downstairs to see dad,so that he could know when am gonna leave..............NOW DOWNSTAIRS......what's that over there on the chair,I better check it out......GOT CLOSE TO THE CHAIR....hmmmm a letter,I guess its from dad,I am sure he wrote that he will miss me and all that daddy stuff....HE OPENS IT.....
(WORDS WRITTEN IN THE LETTER)
Dear sir
I have booked your flight ticket,if you go to my room, you will see the ticket on my bed with some money I left for you,the flight will be leaving by 9:35am, don't sleep too much so that you wont miss your flight.I will always call you to know where you are,be careful son,have a safe trip.
SMILES.........this my old man will never change,wow the time is already 7:45am,i better be quick preparing for the trip.................

*****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke****
(TOM THINKING)where can I even goto today,maybe I should go and see Stella,but she might pour me hot water,I still remember the last time I went to her house and she poured cold water on me and she warned me that next time I will try and come close to her house again that she would boil hot water and mix it with pepper and salt and pour it on me,well one thing is for sure,Stella house is not an option. maybe I should just go through my old stuffs and check what I can throw away.
(WRITER TALKING) he went to his closet and brought out his bags filled with his childhood cloths and other old stuffs....
see this my old shoe that I really liked,the shoe really helped me kick sands,oh see this boxers that i have been looking for,I even thought it was one of those unfortunate human beings I call brothers that took it,well I better keep it here(on top the bed) so that I will wear it after I take my bath.wait what is this!,this is really unbelievable,this is actually the first hanky I have ever owned which Raman gave to me,this hanky really brings back sweet memories,I thought I misplaced it years ago,i will never loose it again,I will tie it on my right hand so that i will not misplace it again
(WRITER TALKING)he tied it on his right hand, with happiness in his soul, then he continued looking for what he could take out of his old bag..............................................TO BE CONTINUE.....story by DINDY.....WhatsApp number:07087750433....facebook name:ossy nnamdi
Re: The slowpoke And The Epileptic by Dindy(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2016
THE slowpoke AND THE EPILEPTIC EPISODE 5 TLE(THE LAST EPISODE)

(WRITER TALKING)Raman was already in the plane, he quickly went forward to find his seat which was located close to the toilet,he found it then he fixed his luggage above his seat then he sat down.
(RAMAN'S THOUGHTS)ah thank God i got here on time,only God can help me in this journey,I wonder maybe he still leaves there,maybe they have packed out of that place,well I can't say for now,let me get there first.
(WRITER TALKING)he was still thinking, when a lady in her 50s came close to him.
Woman:"excuse me,my seat is over there".she said pointing at her seat.
Raman:"oh sorry".he said as he moved his legs a little to the left for her to pass.
(WRITER TALKING)she sat down on her sit gently.Raman looked a little at her which made him fall into another thoughts.
(RAMAN'S THOUGHTS)This woman reminds me of my mother,i remember when my dad told me the story of how and why my mum left him and me,he said when i was born the doctor came to them, and told them about my illness,but my mum said that it was not possible for her to give birth to something like me.she even went as far as saying that my dad was the cause of what happened to me,my dad said she called him a wizard and other stuffs which he refuse to tell me.she left me with him in the middle of the night,and went only God knows where.my dad always loved her and her picture still hangs in his room.it really hurts to remember those words my dad told me about her........
Air hostess:"sir,sir,sir,please fasten up your sit beat,the plane is about to take off".she said with a smile.
Raman:"oh thanks alot".he said smiling back.
(RAMAN'S THOUGHTS)I think I should apply the break because I am over thinking,I couldn't even hear when the hostess called,well let me try and sleep at least 45mins sleep should be enough.......
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)I can't believe that I just gave myself an unnecessary work to do,well good came out of it,I better be fast with this work so that I will go take my bath.
Ah finally done!,now its batting time.
(WRITER TALKING)he took off his cloths then he took the boxers which he said he was going to wear, and went straight into the bathroom to do his stuff.
After batting he came out.and another section of thoughts came.
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)that water was really warm,well I guess I better go dress up and move to the kitchen to eat before those boys finish the remaining food.
(WRITER TALKING)he went to his room and got dressed as quickly as he could,so that he would be able to get to the kitchen quickly before his brothers gets there and eats up the food.
He walked in a slow but quick format to the kitchen.when he got there he opened the pot.
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)thank God that this boys didn't finish the food,let me take my share of the food and goto my room to eat it.
(WRITER TALKING)he took his share of the food and went to his room to eat the food.after he ate the food,he relaxed on his bed.
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)the food was amazing,my stomach is full to the brine.i think its time for me to sleep.....
Air hostess:"sir, sir, sir, please wake up,we have arrived".she said.
Raman:"oh shit!,I have been sleeping all through the journey".he said with an unhappy face.
Raman:"I can't believe I slept for two straight hours".he said to himself out loud.
(WRITER TALKING)he got up from the seat,take his luggage and went off the plane.he went to the garage which was 5 minutes walk away from the airport.when he got there,he saw a young man in his 30s, who was the driver of the taxi which was right in front of him.
Raman:"good morning sir".he greeted politely.
Diver:"good morning".he greeted back.
Raman:"please sir do you know this address?".he asked hoping to get a good answer.
(WRITER TALKING)handing a piece of paper where the address was written for him,by his dad.
Driver:"ok,oh yes I know this place but it will take us 2 hours before we get there and it will cost you.........".he said but was not able to finish his statement because Raman cuts in.
Raman:"sir don't worry about the amount,just take me there".he said anxiously.
Driver:"ok no problem".he replied........
(WRITER TALKING)tom was already awoke, and he had other plans for the day.
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)this house is so boring,maybe I should go see what is going on around Johnson's area, from there I will branch to that my favorite place at the back of the beautiful garden.I won't come back to this house until night fall.
(WRITER TALKING)he left his house with the hanky tied to his right hand, which Raman bought for him years ago.he also left without telling anyone not even his dad,about where he was going to........
(WRITER TALKING)2 hours later he got to his old house.
Driver:"sir we have arrived".he said.
Raman:"oh thanks alot,here is your money".he said as he handed the money over to the driver.
Driver:"thank you too".he said
(WRITER TALKING)after he paid the driver he came down with his luggage, then the diver drove off.Raman was now left alone to find his way around,but luckily for him,he could still remember that there was a motel just at the back of his old house. he too a walk to the motel then rented a room for himself.
****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke ****
(WRITER TALKING)he got to the garden after minutes of walking,then he walked down to his place of relaxation, and laid like a baby .
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)out here is more better than home.see as everyone is relating very well.see this silly dog does it think it could kill that turtle in it's shell.....
(WRITER TALKING)he kept on admiring everything and everyone,and he laughed from minutes to minutes due to what he saw.....
(WRITER TALKING)after freshening up,he left for his friend's house which was not to far from the motel.few minutes later he got to Tom's house.
(RAMAN'S THOUGHTS)I hope I am not too late,they might have parked out of this place and the new people that are here might not even know where they packed to,well let me first ask that little girl over there.
Raman:"excuse me little one,please do you know anyone by name Tom?".he asked hoping to get a good answer.
Little girl:"no I don't know".she replied him.
Little girl:"but you can ask my dad".she said .
Raman:"ok,thanks,so where is your dad"?.he asked.
Little girl:"he is inside,wait here let me go call him".she replied as she walked into the house to call her dad.
(WRITER TALKING)he stood there under the hot sun. inside him there was battle between his mind and soul.
Little girl:"dad, that is the man looking for tom".she said out loud making Raman look in the direction which her voice came from.
Raman:"give evening sir".he greeted politely.
The little girl's dad:"evening".he greeted back.
Raman:"sir please do you know anyone by the name "Tom", who leaves here?".he asked.
Little girl's dad:"no I don't,no one is called tom around here,maybe you should goto the next street".he suggested.
Ramansadbreaths out),"ok sir, thank you sir.he said feeling down.
(WRITER TALKING)he left the house feeling down and sad because he didn't meet his friend there.he went to the next street as he was told but there was no trace of his friend.
****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke ***
(WRITER TALKING) tom got tired of looking at everyone, so he stood up from where he laid.
(TOM'S THOUGHTS)well I better go find something else to watch or do,this place is becoming boring for me.
(WRITER TALKING)Raman was tired,after walking from stress to stress,now he was in the market,his soul was filled with sadness and sorrow,he walked in total hopelessness,he was totally confused because he didn't know where he could go and find his friend.he was walking like a Man who just lost his world.the hot sun didn't help at all, and the fact that he hasn't eaten since morning, plus he didn't take his drugs made his case more bad.
(RAMAN'S THOUGHTS)oh! shit!,where will I go from here now.I can't believe I came here for nothing,I cant believe all my efforts were put down to nothing.i just wish........
(WRITER TALKING)the shock attack took hold of him and he fall right there in the mist of people who where buying and selling.
****STORY SIDE OF THE slowpoke ***
(WRITER TALKING)tom walked out from the garden,he was going to the market to see what new things he could.on getting there his eyes caught an action in process.
(TOM THOUGHTS)why are does people running away from that side, let me go and see what is going on.
(TOM THOUGHTS)Wait oh!, I know that face from some where,wait,it,it, it is my friend!!!,oh my God!, his stock his happened again.
(WRITER TALKING)tom pushed everyone who was around Raman away, then he bent ddown and took the hanky which was on his right hand, and he used it to clean the face of Raman.he stood beside Raman, until Raman gained back himself.
****STORY SIDE OF THE EPILEPTIC AND THE slowpoke ****
(WRITER TALKING) Raman eyes were opening bit by bit.Tom looked at Raman,Tom saw that raman was gaining himself back,so Tom sat on the ground close to Raman's head, abd Tom used his hands to pick Raman's head, then Tom placed Raman's head on his laps.Raman eyes became fully opened after 6mins, like that of a red panda.
(RAMAN THOUGHTS)what is going on,and who is this dude,his face looks like tom's face.
(WRITER TALKING) Raman looked closer to the person who's laps he was on, and to his surprise it was his friend which he thought he will never find......
Raman:"oh my Gosh!!,tom it is you!".he shouted with tears in his eyes as he pushed himself upward.
(WRITER TALKING)All tom could alter out are sounds of a happy man.
Raman:"I can't believe it is you tom".he said as tears drip down his eyes.
(WRITER TALKING)Tom too began to cry,then he showed Raman the hanky, which Raman bought for him years ago.
Raman:"so you still remember me tom?".he said in a crying tone.
Tom: "nodding in respective to the question"
Raman:"thanks tom for always remembering me and for helping me when I needed you the most".he said crying.
(WRITER TALKING)Then they both hugged each other in a loving manner.tom's saliva was dropping on Raman's shirt, but Raman didn't mind because he has found his friend,the only person that really cares about him,the only person he could relate to,the only person that truly loves him. .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................THE END.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
(WRITER TALKING) the story never really ended there,Raman took tom to the country he came from.raman father accepted tom with an open hand.they both leaved like brothers.and years later tom and Raman got married,and later on had children,they are both still alive and leaving very well......that was how the story really ended............................STORY BY DINDY.....WHATSAPP NUMBER:07087750433....FACEBOOK NAME:OSSY NNAMDI

(1) (Reply)

Raindrops On My Window Pane / CALL FOR ENTRIES: Dundee International Book Prize 2017 / Mirages And Mirrors Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.