Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself (11992 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / PLEASE SAVE !my Laptop Shows Blue Screen Which Says "Window 7 Has Detected Error / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
I wonder if anyone can help.

My laptop just past it's guarantee date, just over a year old, it worked well until I had a virgin broadband package set up on it, ever since then, from time to time the "the blue screen of death" appears, it then goes unto the black screen then boots itself up.

I am a buffoon embarassed so really can only stare at in amazement and wait for it to right itself, which it does, but I know a time will come when it will stay blue.

All advice gratefully received.
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese laptop really kicking me in the behind.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself
PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese laptop really kicking me in the behind.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saw your message 10 minutes ago, just have to finish my food as I was very hungry. ok, straight to main point.

before we start any diagnostics the screen you"re receiving looks like this, although it says something different correct me if am

wrong. i think we have few technician in today seems you posted this earlier on there was no reply. do you have access to msn

messenger on a different computer, if so then let me know

Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ if it does connect to the internet I'm willing to give you a remote session if you can give me the permission to do so. if the laptop

can connect to the internet and to save our time please can you download http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx follow screen

instruction. if cant connect to IE or not booting into windows then that wont be possible. the only option we"ve got is to get forum

help here from our experienced tecs. Good luck!
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by Guly(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
hey my broda ooh you should do is to try and repair it then after that back up all your imporant documents then format you laptop, try this and reply if it worked
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
hey my broda ooh you should do is to try and repair it then after that back up all your imporant documents then format you laptop, try this and reply if it worked

@madlady can you please give us the actual error message, to make it as understandable as possible, please see the above picture.

meamwhile disconnect all the pheripherals attach to your laptop e.g. printer, usb stick etc then turn on again and keep pressing F8

until you come to advanced option select just safe mode when in there let us know and one of the tecs will be able to tell you how

to turn back the hand of clock using system restore back to when it was last working. will appreciate it if you can specify make and model vista or xp please
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
delji2009 and Guly,

How kind of you to give up your time to reply to my cry, deli2009 I hope I did not disturb your meal too much.

I always take my laptop to work with me so had to go off line until I got home.

The mad thing is it is now working again.

Yes the blue screen is just like the illustration you put up, it is a Toshiba Equium.
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
delji2009 and Guly,

How kind of you to give up your time to reply to my cry, deli2009 I hope I did not disturb your meal too much.

I always take my laptop to work with me so had to go off line until I got home.

The mad thing is it is now working again.

Yes the blue screen is just like the illustration you put up, it is a Toshiba Equium.

ok, can you please tell us does this blue screen comes up when you"re doing something or when you turn it on. this what we need to know to have the culprit
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
@guly back up all your imporant documents

If i were you what I"ll do is make sure i save all my document, pictures and music unto a storage device. The reason that being is

because the blue screen could come up again which can prevent you getting into windows, and can be a real pain in the ass.

I take it this blue screen dissapears or do you have the chance to read what it says
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
Thank you guys.

Vista, the blue screen appears at anytime whilst I am online.

I did say I am a dimwit so I cannot explain anything to do with comps in a tec way
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
Yes blue screen goes away then the black boot up screen appears, I do nothing then it boots in the NORMAL MODE.

Yes I back up my work and art on a stick.

This problem only started when the virgin connection was installed, I think it is to do with the anti-virus thingy that came with it, I did clear the old antivirus software off but I think some bits are still lingering and they conflict. cry cry cry
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
Guys

I have just reread your help, the blue screen appears whilst I am online not when I turn on.
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by deji2009(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2009
Yes blue screen goes away then the black boot up screen appears, I do nothing then it boots in the NORMAL MODE.

Yes I back up my work and art on a stick.

This problem only started when the virgin connection was installed, I think it is to do with the anti-virus thingy that came with it, I did clear the old antivirus software off but I think some bits are still lingering and they conflict

I can bet you one of the security software you were using was either Norton or Macfee.

how did you clear the prevous antivirus software. did you uninstall it in using control panel ?

My ISP is virgin so I'm familiar with their system. the one you"ve got now is PC GUARD

ok here is your diagnostics,

Here's How:

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System from the list of results and then skip to Step 4

Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.

Click on the System link.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window

You can now close the System window

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary. This will also allow to see the actual error. just for contigency do you have a reinstall disk if

not then it might be you have a HD built reinstallation if doubt check the manual. Good luck!
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hi,
You just posted a reply at 18.52, but it does not show up,reply number 12.

Sorry I must have done something wrong
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by PCbusayo(f): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hi,
You just posted a reply at 18.52, but it does not show up,reply number 12.

Sorry I must have done something wrong

temporary using someone's account

sorry about that. my account was locked and dont why as a result am not able to send/ reply to post. my last post has been erased that why you"re

not able to see it .ok ,here what you need to do.

1.Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System from the list of results and then skip to Step 4.

2.Click on the System and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.

3.Click on the System link.

4.In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

5.Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

6.In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

7.Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

8.Click OK in the System Properties window.

9.You can now close the System window.

10.From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary. doing this will enable you to see what behind the blue screen
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
PC busayo

Thanks for getting back.

I will print out instructions, and try and follow in order.

It looks really complex (self taught) could I make it worse or undecided I should call someone in.

Once again thanks for all your help
Re: Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself by madlady(f): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hi Guys,
Found all your replies and instructions by going into another section.

Yes I was using Norton then that Nasty PC NET GUARD caused the probs will follow instructions, if I can.

Thanks again.

(1) (Reply)

Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System / Computer Village Equivalent In Abuja / I Buy Any used or faulty Laptop At A Very Good Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.