Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' (27558 Views)

Obituary Of The 23-year-old UNIZIK Student Who Died From Malaria / Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story / You Are Not Doctors! Nigerian Man Who Nearly Died From Error Blasts Pharmacists (2) (3) (4)

UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by drered(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
'' My last post wasn't for you to come and spew what I didn't ask for. Or to defend what you think I don't understand. How dare you!? I don't care for your opinions or advices. I asked for ciproflocaxin and an asthma pump because I had an infected cough; the PHARMACIST (not chemist or sales girl...the hell? Like I don't know the difference!) prescribed Zithromax (in her defense is a better drug for the cough, but not for me!) which sent me into a Status Asthmaticus for 29hrs. Basically an unending asthma attack until you lose all oxygen. In most cases irreversible. So know it all crew...stay out of my comments with your words of defense; I don't needd your two cents. The Pharmacist in a very popular pharmacy in Lekki failed me! Period. Enjoy your weekend. I'm definitely gonna enjoy mine.''

Initial post
https://www.nairaland.com/3216389/not-doctors-nigerian-man-nearly

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by drered(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
The young man really does have a right to be angry and aggrieved but he doesn't have the right to drag a whole profession in the mud for a 'perceived mistake' With this new information I believe he needs to come out and make an apology.
The post by sheggzy basically says it all

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by drered(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
@lalasticlala

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by dogstyle007(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
hmmmm
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by fpeter(f): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmn
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Sunofgod(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
You've got your publicity and compensation - now go to hell and leave us.

Na your stupidity cause the whole wahala...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
My dear don't mind them.

Heal yourself by reading all posts in my signature
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Daslim180(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
I missed the earlier story tho! Buh nat withstanding, don't take any medication from a quack....... whatever!
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by raywan: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thank God for his life
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Kakamorufu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
what do i knw; am a paracetamol gang

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by visijo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
warridis?

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by kingreign(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by tobigerard(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just thank God that you are alive
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by 360ng: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
I thank God for his life.

visit us www.naijamedia.com.ng
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Tjohnnay: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmm
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by tunjijones(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
drered:
The young man really does have a right to be angry and aggrieved but he doesn't have the right to drag a whole profession in the mud for'perceived mistake' With this new information I believe he needs to come out and make an apology.
The post by sheggzy basically says it all

Perceived mistake? Wonder what you mean by DAT. My dad died cos of 'perceived mistake' of doctors in UCH....

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by DWJOBScom(m): 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
i don't like this kind of people

they cry out so loud and make a mess of admitting their own fault and transferring the blame to someone else

naaaaa

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by prinsam30: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
INFATUATION
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by neocortex: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
tunjijones:

Perceived mistake? Wonder what you mean by DAT. My dad died cos of 'perceived mistake' of doctors in UCH....

Do you mean to type pharmacists ?
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by TheSPEAKER(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
Eeeeya sorry undecided. Bless God you're well. They'll propose compensation for the damages if they are civil enough.
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thank God for your life,not everyone who own or run a pharmaceutical store actually studies pharmacy.
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by CYBERCRIME(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
For any sure odd please e- mail me pleesssss e must Favour us this year amen
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by TheSPEAKER(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
prinsam30:
INFATUATION

In what sense
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
I read the first thread but refused to comment in order not to appear biased. Now that he has shed more light on the matter I think I should say something :
> What the boy went through was a hypersensitivity reaction to Azithromycin which prompted the severe form of asthma attack called Status Asthmaticus. Note that even Ciprofloxacin can trigger such an attack.
>The pharmacist is wrong by switching his meds without the consent of his doctor who should know him better however, even a doctor could prescribe Azithromycin (what the pharmacist gave him) because that drug is better for the condition he complained of. Reason being that he has not had a previous episode of hypersensitivity to Azithromycin, he wouldn't be able to offer such history, so even a doctor can make such 'mistake'.
> The only error of the pharmacist is taking up the responsibility of prescription which shouldn't have been done, otherwise, the boy should hold his chill and thank his stars that this happened in a place like Lagos where there are facilities to manage status asthmaticus.
>Lastly, his parents should call him to order, he is constituting a nuisance on social media.
Though I'm a doctor, buh I'm showing some love to the pharmacists cos any doctor could make same 'mistake '.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by elmisti(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
All dis yeye customers sef.......d guy com latr wash himslf...so he went ahead n swallowed d new prescription without readn d leaflet insyd nd he no rmbr to inform d pharmacist of his condition....he will allow me abuse pple wit asthma nw. But devil is a liar.... tongue tongue

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by ogawisdom(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Enough dude dnt drag pharmacy profession to d mud due to d mistake of a quack.

Oya go n collect ur compensation, am sure others ve heard u n will stay away from acting doctors grin
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
drered:
'' My last post wasn't for you to come and spew what I didn't ask for. Or to defend what you think I don't understand. How dare you!? I don't care for your opinions or advices. I asked for ciproflocaxin and an asthma pump because I had an infected cough; the PHARMACIST (not chemist or sales girl...the hell? Like I don't know the difference!) prescribed Zithromax (in her defense is a better drug for the cough, but not for me!) which sent me into a Status Asthmaticus for 29hrs. Basically an unending asthma attack until you lose all oxygen. In most cases irreversible. So know it all crew...stay out of my comments with your words of defense; I don't needd your two cents. The Pharmacist in a very popular pharmacy in Lekki failed me! Period. Enjoy your weekend. I'm definitely gonna enjoy mine.''

Initial post
https://www.nairaland.com/3216389/not-doctors-nigerian-man-nearly
Thank Almighty God you survived to warn others.
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
The dude wanted a publicity stunt and he got it. l guess he has a deep seated hatred for pharmacists.
Dr's who also known so well are also there bashing pxicsts because they believe pxicsts are high jacking their patients. I for one will never give a quinolone for a respiratory tract infection. what for?
The problem is Dr's don't trust pxcists enough. The hate seeing patients talking to the pharmacists about their health and medications and also why they are fighting very hard to scuttle the Pharm.D initiative but it's already late. The nod is being given by the NUC already.
If you have nothing good to say please don't quote me and spew trash.

Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
tunjijones:

Not wanting to bring back sad memories, buh what really happened?
I'm not out to defend them either
Re: UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' by rukz: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
Sunofgod:
You've got your publicity and compensation - now go to hell and leave us.

Na your stupidity cause the whole wahala...
dont mind him jor

Covid-19: What Has The Global Pandemic Taught You? / Lady Who Died During Childbirth Yet To Be Buried Over Money To Buy Coffin.Photos / UNIPORT Student Slumps, Dies At Home After Exams